• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini Presents: Get Smashed-01/03/09-Venue Change! Check 1st Post for Address!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Colbol left his jacket at the tournament

if you found it/have it, please keep it safe for him

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Wait, so did Chu win? I just watched the set on youtube and I coulda SWORN Shiz won 3-2. Am I just ********? I'm so confused.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just got home. Many hours were spent in one car or another this weekend, but it was waaay more fun than chillin at home so that's cool with me.

Good to see various people again - hbox, colin, queen, dop, rock, linguini, kyle, shiz + other people whose names haven't yet occurred to me in the past 5 seconds. GGs all - hopefully next time I get to play you guys (TO4?) I'll be less rusty.

I need to remember wtf to do against ganon. **** fair outranges everything.:mad: (also need to figure out wtf to do against chops, but the ganon thing seems more achievable atm).

Many, MANY thanks to hbox for the floor/couch to crash on theses past few days, and to finch for the ride to linguini's (6 hours to and from orlando + the trip to south fl would have been excessive).

And yes, I basically just copied my post from hungry's thread and changed names to fit this tournament. Sue me.

lamugi

Smash Lord
Just got home. Many hours were spent in one car or another this weekend, but it was waaay more fun than chillin at home so that's cool with me.

Good to see various people again - hbox, colin, queen, dop, rock, linguini, kyle, shiz + other people whose names haven't yet occurred to me in the past 5 seconds. GGs all - hopefully next time I get to play you guys (TO4?) I'll be less rusty.

I need to remember wtf to do against ganon. **** fair outranges everything.:mad: (also need to figure out wtf to do against chops, but the ganon thing seems more achievable atm).

Many, MANY thanks to hbox for the floor/couch to crash on theses past few days, and to finch for the ride to linguini's (6 hours to and from orlando + the trip to south fl would have been excessive).

And yes, I basically just copied my post from hungry's thread and changed names to fit this tournament. Sue me.
consider yourself sued!!!

Pritch

Smash Lord
The one that impressed me most was a teams match vs chu/sheikssbm where they were up something like 6 stock to 2, largely on the back of shiz's fox running around generally destroying anything that moved.

Then queen came up and told them that they weren't actually supposed to be paired yet.:(

Pritch

Smash Lord
Actually, iirc he had to leave and didn't record grand finals. Esam's teams partner recorded them (sorry I don't remember the name, I've only run into him at this tournament and at SUPS 2 years ago). Assuming he'll put them up fairly soon.

no1knows87

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm Steven King, a k a - The Author. I've just gotta say that it was a great turnout for this tourny. It was awesome to see all of you guys: shiz, chu, shiekssbm, rockcrock, uber-ice, pritch, and more. There were some really intense matches. If I decide to hold another tourny at my place again, hopefully everyone can come again.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Also, I forget who recorded chops vs shiz. Can we expect to see that fairly soon? That was a ridiculous set (particularly chops going beast-mode on shiz's fox). Colin was literally attempting to **** a brick next to me watching them.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm Steven King, a k a - The Author. I've just gotta say that it was a great turnout for this tourny. It was awesome to see all of you guys: shiz, chu, shiekssbm, rockcrock, uber-ice, pritch, and more. There were some really intense matches. If I decide to hold another tourny at my place again, hopefully everyone can come again.
And hopefully no one will leave a giant smiley face dookie in your toilet. :laugh:
Yeah, Steven thanks for holding a tournament at your place bro last minute. Great matches all around. FL Smash community = Awesome

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Rexx will be getting the recorder with computer wire today, so you can expect the vids to be up periodically in the next couple days.

As well, hopefully, if rexx could be so kind as to upload the vids from Chu's naples tourny, which was both melee and brawl events.
Contained intense teams matches in both melee-(Chops+spdn, Chops+DewDaDash-spdn left-, Chu+******, Me+Smashmac) and brawl- (me+chops, chu+emowolf, dew+******, Sheikssbm+Johnny) Thats all i can remember.
And matches between dewdadash,chops, and chu for melee.
As well as alot of MM's between myself and chu in brawl. (about.... 4?)

so ya, expect all those to be all uploaded periodically through the week. :)

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
sorry for not being home to whoever came to my house (I'm told it was some guy with an afro -- Jason? -- and a white guy -- ??) on the day of, should've mentioned i was going to be busy.

hope everyone had a good time and epic matches and i'll try to be at the next linguini's.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
sorry for not being home to whoever came to my house (I'm told it was some guy with an afro -- Jason? -- and a white guy -- ??) on the day of, should've mentioned i was going to be busy.

hope everyone had a good time and epic matches and i'll try to be at the next linguini's.
Yeah, that was me. lol and the white guy was Chops. (We need to get some matches in bro)

Life After Death

Smash Champion

lol at white guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom