• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
i don't think he was attacking the WHOLE church. he was pretty specific in his rant :ohwell:
This.

I think RM's been around this thread long enough to know and respect the more religiously inclined members. His attack was pretty specific. "Hardcore" denotes Bible Belt-like zealousness, I think.

Smooth Criminal

Timbers

check me out
Ignore your parents. Tell them anyway. You might get grounded for a week, so what? At least your siblings won't grow up to be prejudiced.
That'd actually probably be a terrible idea, lol.

"Hey I'm gay and because of that I got in trouble for a week."

On the topic of children and their acceptance, there's really no reason to force their views to compliment your own, but I think if the subject ever comes up then you should definitely give your opinion on the subject and hopefully enlighten those around you, child and adult alike. It doesn't necessarily have to be "well I'm gay so accept gays" but more of giving them a reason that can be understood by the listener's own terms.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
my parents are repulsed by homosexuality but I need them to cosign my loans.

guess who's waiting till after college to come out to la familia.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
On the topic of children and their acceptance, there's really no reason to force their views to compliment your own, but I think if the subject ever comes up then you should definitely give your opinion on the subject and hopefully enlighten those around you, child and adult alike. It doesn't necessarily have to be "well I'm gay so accept gays" but more of giving them a reason that can be understood by the listener's own terms.
I agree with this. No need for brainwashing simply on my behalf.

Then again children are idiots, why not just teach them the correct perspective. :p

Ooo! Is it Timbers?

I bet it's Timbers.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*also points at timbers..... just because*

oh and, to keep it gay

GOIN CLUBBIN AGAIN NEXT WEEKEND wewt wewt *pumps arms*

Takumaru

Smash Lord
*also points at timbers..... just because*

oh and, to keep it gay

GOIN CLUBBIN AGAIN NEXT WEEKEND wewt wewt *pumps arms*
I'm going this weekend. :D

A friend of mine works for DNA nightlife so I am now guaranteed to be on the guest list to any event they host... which is a lot of them here in philly. WEWT!

Shanky

Smash Cadet
my parents are repulsed by homosexuality but I need them to cosign my loans.

Oooh, fun. I would pay to see that conversation

"Dad, Mom - thanks for paying for my education by signing those loans and putting yourself in debt forever....oh, by the way, I'm a homo" :bee:

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467

"Dad, Mom - thanks for paying for my education by signing those loans and putting yourself in debt forever....oh, by the way, I'm a homo" :bee:
that was going to be my route, but I just took a chance and came out anyway. surprisingly they give me more money and stuff now... I don't really understand it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

ummm they cosign. they don't pay for my college, they are just my collateral. the banks won't give me money (or they WILL give me money, but with exhorbitant interest rates) if I don't get them to sign off on them with me.

and the conversation would certainly be more tactful than that :laugh:.

bored

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys. But I'm quite excited about coming out to my parents. At first I was afraid, but now I just wish I could get it over with already. Of course, I'm totally disregarding all the consequences that might follow my coming out, but now I just want the world to know; instead of keeping it a secret.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of coming out to parents, I do not know if I'll ever have the courage to do so. My family are always talking about how they can not wait until I finish up college and get married. My mom wants me to have kids and she dreams to see me just have a good life...blah...

As for kids, I actually have two half-siblings, one being 11 and the other 9. The other day, I overheard them talking about how a certain action made another boy in their class look "gay." I've also noticed that any homosexual activity they view, they will laugh at it.

Also, my sister, the older sibling, once mocked my little brother and called him gay for doing something; I can't recall exactly what. My brother went crying to my mom and was like, "mom, she told me I was gay because...." I can't recall exactly why she told him that but I was pretty sure it wasn't like putting on girls clothes or kissing another boy. She was just exaggerating.

Of course they're still young and do not fully understand the concept of being gay but from witnessing these situations, they have a negative view of it. I'm not sure if I should have a talk with them because my mom's view of homosexuality isn't all that positive either.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
My family are always talking about how they can not wait until I finish up college and get married. My mom wants me to have kids and she dreams to see me just have a good life...blah... .
Do what you want, whatever makes you feel happy. I went through a similar thing, my excuse to my parents when I came out was "Hey, my brother is married, make him have kids. I'm getting the education, so we are each doing 1/2." you've got 3 other siblings, make them do it XD

Don't let that bug you, I felt like that for a while and you should NOT let it get to you. It's YOUR life, not hers.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
So.
Got an IM from my ex when I woke up this morning.
It said he wanted to get back together.
This is the ex that wanted the open relationship.
So, I go about my day, thinking he must have forgotten that I won't do 'open' or something.
Well, I get home today after class/brawl and watch some Wall-E in pretty 720p.
It gets to the part at the end where I start crying quietly and chewing on my blanket during the last dramatic scenes.
My ex IMs me and we talk.
We talk for about a half an hour, and long story short:
He's willing to be exclusive for me. <_<;
And then it was now.
--
tl;dr: My ex (that I liked) that wanted an open relationship (which I don't like) is willing to be mine and mine alone.
--
I was happy when we were dating.
I'm thinking it'd be nice to go out with him again.
Leaning toward saying 'yes'.
Think I might sleep on it.
More on this as it develops.
o_______o;

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Desu, I might not really belong in this thread, but one word of advice.

Make sure you let him the room he needs to get used to the exclusive relationship, but also don't let him tread on you. He may not know how far he can go with his other acquaintances, so you might keep a soft eye on him..which doesn't mean you shouldn't trust him, that's not what I'm saying. I'm in an open relationship, and I can only tell you that it's pretty unhealthy. I'm with someone who hasn't got a clue how to handle the situation (since I want him to be mine exclusively), so I just wanted to give you some advice ^^

Now, where's the exit? I seem to have lost my way here. (I think this thread is very interesting. L/G/B FTW!

EDIT: And I'm also sorry, but I don't know the whole backstory of you two, so I'm just going to keep it general advice ^^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I MIGHT have a boyfriend now... we'll have to see how things develop. we'll give it some time.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
orly, whos the lucky guy? is he brainy or mostly a looker?
he's a guy I know. I'm probably the better looking of the two of us, though he dresses better most of the time, and he's not ugly or anything. we just have matching personalities; it's wonderful.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How's everybody doing?

I know it's been a long time since I posted in here... I don't even remember what I last posted here. Did I say I got a girlfriend in my last post here? lol

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
There are 136 pages of homosexual people who play super smash bros.? Wow, I had no idea.
Hey, hey, hey. Let's not forget everyone else.
There are also the Transgenders, Bisexuals, and even straights.

Oh, and of course the Asexual people.... [Or person]. ( I haven't meet another Asexual yet, though there where probably several in the span of the thread.)

Sorry for being a stickler, but might as well include everyone.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
To be accepting as possible, we need to be LGBT&M Smashers.

Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, and Mazaloth Smashers.

he's a guy I know. I'm probably the better looking of the two of us, though he dresses better most of the time, and he's not ugly or anything. we just have matching personalities; it's wonderful.
We're gonna need pics - to uh, judge worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom