• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm attempting blonde and blue streaks in spiky hair. Wish me luck.

On topic-- summer's approaching! Meaning that there will be pride events starting up throughout the next few months. Anyone planning on attending? I'll most likely go to Vegas Pride again. This year, I'll be 21! So I'm way excited.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
good luck w/ that Xsyven will you have pictures posted of your new look in the picture thread?

on pride:
well unless someone wants to take me to one i can't exactly go up and ask my mom:

"Hey mom! think you can take me to X Pride on XXX? oh im gay btw so thats why i want to go pretty please? :3 "i guess i take that stunned look as a yes then"

although that could be a fun idea.....naw

Timbers

check me out
my hair is now and probably always will be brown. boring, maybe, but it suits me well. I suppose it was blonde when I was a small boy and I've had offers from friends to give me blonde or purple highlights or to just dye the whole thing blue (I actually have enough blue shirts in polos alone to make that work) but I just don't feel much like doing that. Maybe I will for fun one day around haloween or something, but Iunno.
judging from your pics id say brown with blonde (or even bleached) highlights would look pretty pro on you. I'm not big on unnatural colors though. I like green and orange, thats about it lolol
I'm attempting blonde and blue streaks in spiky hair. Wish me luck.

On topic-- summer's approaching! Meaning that there will be pride events starting up throughout the next few months. Anyone planning on attending? I'll most likely go to Vegas Pride again. This year, I'll be 21! So I'm way excited.
I've seen blue with blonde streaks, but never the opposite o.o Hope it turns out well, sounds pretty cool.

I've never been to a pride or even knew there was one in Vegas till you told me about it lolol. I wouldn't go to alone I don't think, though. Would be kind of weird. I'd need an ulterior motive to go, i.e. hang out with friends.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dont mean to bust in like this but on the subject of hair,I recently got a reddish orange color put in my mohawk.It kinda like Charmelions color now that I think of it.
I had it all brown for ages but then I got bored.
It looks awesome!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My brother came out to me last year, but only just came out to our parents. I'm proud of him, doubt I could do it if I were gay. I feel bad for him though because he has to deal with a lot at school and I can't be there to protect him all the time. Any tips?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I am totally supportive of him, it's just that I'll be off to college in August and he'll have three more years of high school ahead of him without anyone to really look out for him.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Tell him to be fierce.

So much like Fergie, I have been up in the gym, just workin on my fitness. It's absandpecsolutely wonderful.

I went back to blonde about 5 weeks ago, but I'm considering going back to brown. Like maybe a chocolate.

Timbers

check me out
I am totally supportive of him, it's just that I'll be off to college in August and he'll have three more years of high school ahead of him without anyone to really look out for him.
Try to keep in touch regardless of not physically being there. If things start going wrong for him, he really needs a person that can listen to his problems and just have someone he can trust and come to if things are rough, even if it's over the phone. Let him know you're backing him 100% and make him feel comfortable coming to you for anything.

A position I was in for most of my highschool years was feeling shut out from a lot of people and didn't feel I could trust anyone. Relationships I were in felt like they had to be hidden to the point I felt ashamed to be in one. I always wished I had at least one person I could come to and just speak what's on my mind. I remember wishing a lot that I could find someone I could trust like that. I didn't, but things became easier for me after I started accepting and understanding myself. This wasn't until recently though (not even two years) and if I was still your brother's age, I know I'd need an older brother that I could fully trust and talk to about anything, even if the conversations we had weren't face to face.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I wouldn't have survived high school, had I come out of the closet then. o_o

A lot of kids can pull it off, and it actually toughens them up a lot. You've got a braaave brother. Like Timbers said, make sure you let him know if he needs someone to talk to. It'd be great if his family had his back.

My family just thinks I'm gonna get AIDs.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Try to keep in touch regardless of not physically being there. If things start going wrong for him, he really needs a person that can listen to his problems and just have someone he can trust and come to if things are rough, even if it's over the phone. Let him know you're backing him 100% and make him feel comfortable coming to you for anything.

A position I was in for most of my highschool years was feeling shut out from a lot of people and didn't feel I could trust anyone. Relationships I were in felt like they had to be hidden to the point I felt ashamed to be in one. I always wished I had at least one person I could come to and just speak what's on my mind. I remember wishing a lot that I could find someone I could trust like that. I didn't, but things became easier for me after I started accepting and understanding myself. This wasn't until recently though (not even two years) and if I was still your brother's age, I know I'd need an older brother that I could fully trust and talk to about anything, even if the conversations we had weren't face to face.
I agree with what Timbers says. I remember I felt like I could not be myself when I was in high school....I didn't even have any gay friends to begin with. A call here and there will work best or email and instant messaging. Just by supporting him and letting him know he has someone on his side that cares is one of the best things you can do for him. :3

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
He's in a crummy situation where he came out to this kid he liked, and the feelings weren't mutual, and basically he fell out of the loop with his group of friends, and he's kind of alone and I just feel so bad for him. High school isn't supposed to be like that. Life isn't...

But I hear what you're all saying. I'll definitely keep in touch.

Timbers

check me out
He's in a crummy situation where he came out to this kid he liked, and the feelings weren't mutual, and basically he fell out of the loop with his group of friends, and he's kind of alone and I just feel so bad for him. High school isn't supposed to be like that. Life isn't...

But I hear what you're all saying. I'll definitely keep in touch.
awww.

I don't know how it looks coming from your point of view, but doing what he did took a lot of courage.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
sounds like the best thing you can do for him is to try to instil a strong self-sufficient attitude in him. Don't discourage making friends or being social or anything. Just make sure he can make it on his own and take care of himself. He's never gonna make it anywhere if you have to keep protecting him. Aside from standing on his own two feet, he has to be COMPLETELY okay with his own sexuality. I mean, before I was, it hurt when people would single me out. But now that I am, it'd be like "that door swings both ways, just like Kyle" and I'll retort "Honey, this door only swings one way. Only a man will do." before I would have blushed and awkwardly chuckled.

that's not to say he needs to become a fierce super homo, but he has to let being gay be something that just.... is. not something that he should be ashamed of.

oh and having friends that accept him would be a fantastic plus because you get to draw upon their strength.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Timbers is a moderator now?
I really need to pay more attention to this topic. @_@;;

-----

Relevant:
My boyfriend is going back on his open relationship promise after less than 2 months.
I'm upset and I'm still trying to talk to him about it.
He's a great guy. I don't want to lose him again.
But we've got different views on relationships and similar ... "positional preferences" in regards to... bedtime.
He claims to have needs that I'm not meeting, which is true, but he knew as much when we started dating again.
He wants to run off to Maryland to see some old friends.
By see I mean sleep with.
Oh, and he invited me along.
Which isn't helping.
I'm at a loss here.

If you want the plain English version of this, feel free to send me an IM.
Fdfgdfbfb]' Smashboards.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
poor Desu.

although how did you guys go back together if your not meeting some of his needs before?

i want to hear the english version some time later

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Call me crazy, but I much prefer dating a friend that I've known for a while, than meeting near random people to date.

Desu, I'd have to talk with you personally to be more sensitive to your plight, but my inner gut says it's not worth it. If there's anything I personally hate, it's people who keep one foot in the door and one foot out, not being able to settle.

That and censor dodging.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Timbers, I'm 100 percent supportive of him. I have absolutely no moral issues with it, unlike the rest of our community for the most part :(

Timbers

check me out
Are there any lesbians posting in this topic? Preferably posting pictures of themselves making out with their hot girlfriends plz
omg this is the best post ever

lolllll

Desu: That really really really sucks. Like, I don't want to say anything without knowing the whole situation, but it seems like he's pulled his share of **** moves recently.

-Wolfy-: Oh yeah, I know. I'm just trying to bold and underline that remark xD it's super important for anyone (gay or not) to have at least one person they feel they can trust 100%.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Desu, he's not worth it. There's no such thing as an open relationship... it either works, or it doesn't. Basically, if you want someone just to mess around with, keep his number-- but if you're looking for a true, commited guy, this dude has proven that he's incapable of it.

Make it your decision to not see him anymore. It makes dealing with the anxiety at least ten times easier.

If he's worth fighting for though... go for it. :) Do what makes you happy.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Wow, since alot of people here ARE gay, if that wasn't forward or a smash pro, wow he'd get bashed sooooo hard.

Lets see how I fare.

SUPRISE sensor dodging is bad, mmkay?

Timbers

check me out
Wow, since alot of people here ARE gay, if that wasn't forward or a smash pro, wow he'd get bashed sooooo hard.

Lets see how I fare.
you're probably right.

i don't care. I lol'd pretty hard.

Gay jokes/stereotypes don't really bother me. Even if directly confronted with them I can't say I care much, most of the time I'm the one laughing about it.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah Poyo could use a ban, or at least some candy
/infraction
s
it is kinda funny though, and how many people go to the chat regualrly lately? i pop in everyone once a moon.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The only way an open relationship works is if you both really DO have that open a view of...... stuff AND neither of you is going to get jealous. But if you feel like you're settling for something on which YOU didn't want to compromise, then it's not a good thing.

While there are some people out there in this world that are better matches for you than others, it's not just about the who. It's the where and the when as well. Location wise you've got no problems, but at this point in your life, you want someone who can be faithful and, while he may be that person eventually, he certainly doesn't seem ready for that now. You could theorize what MIGHT have happened if he WERE ready to be like that, but, plain and simple, the timing does not support the two of you together. You're in different places in your mindset.

I'm with the other boys on this one, I feel bad for your loss, but, at this point, that's what it is: a loss.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We can tell the difference when someone's trying to be funny, and when someone's trying to be a douche.

Don't be that guy, Kawaii.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
wtf is poyo doing here, that dbag is always flooding the atlantic north forum with him wanting to kill himself and craving attention, he needs to hurry up and create a "suicidal hotline" thread and only post there. Kid is F***ing weak. I have him ignored but he still gets through in all his quotes so I don't know why I bother.

Xsyven, the fact that he isn't banned just means you mods aren't doing your jobs properly. He's been given 1000 warnings.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Xsyven, the fact that he isn't banned just means you mods aren't doing your jobs properly. He's been given 1000 warnings.
I wouldn't say they arent doing their job. There is a certain limit, and I am sure he has gotten infractions. Only in due time.

Timbers

check me out
wtf is poyo doing here, that dbag is always flooding the atlantic north forum with him wanting to kill himself and craving attention, he needs to hurry up and create a "suicidal hotline" thread and only post there. Kid is F***ing weak. I have him ignored but he still gets through in all his quotes so I don't know why I bother.

i duno anything about him, he sounds like a giant tool though lol.

anyways i dont care bout some random on the internet, lets talk gay.

I'm not big on really "styling" my hair until recently, before if I did anything with it, it was just a medium hold mousse or gel. I'm using a mix of both gel and mousse right now and it looks okay, but I'm wondering if there's anything out there that can hold firm without making your hair look all greasy (gel, hair glue, etc) and can be flexible in styling (doesn't weigh your hair down)

I've used wax before and it's REALLY GOOD but sooo expensive, and it does leave your hair feeling a little matted after using it.

SOO yeah. Any suggestions?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

He's room banned for now.

Timbers, try a lighter wax. It's only like $4 a container.
www.sallybeauty.com

Lots of hair products there. =p

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I always thought long hair on guys was gorgeous, whether homo, bi, or hetero.
I have the long hairz...sadly though, it's damaged and stuff. It needs fixing... :/
Anyways, my current hair is the longest I have ever had.
I'm not really much into styling either. I hardly ever put anything on my hair with the exception of some moose (sp) on some occasions to just have my curls look better I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom