• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
travellings a bust for me unless ones somewhere around ohio, but then i'd have to say to my mom who doesn't know yet "hey im gay, so can you drive me to the pride this weekend?" that'll be good ****

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
I've gone three times in Montreal. The best part is being able to hold hands with your boyfriend walking down the street like straight couples do all the time. Other than that, the ambiance is really great but I'm not a big fan of the over-the-top floats that are frequent in the parade and bars are literally packed with people, so if you want a beer you'll wait a loooooong time.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My ex recently changed his "interested in" on his Facebook to include women.

I have noo effing idea how this spectrum works.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Personally I was discussing culture. I said the word "religous" followed immediately by "or whatever" one time. Culture is highly relevant to gender and obviously gender roles. IDK I'll shut up if talking culture is too much and we'll just get back to random people coming out online. Nothing really wrong with that, I just thought relevant discussion on gendered culture was part of the thread too.

@Duchock: You kinda missed my point. The point I'm getting across is in the eyes of pretty much anyone in this thread those things and many others are wrong (to you/us). If that were happening here, everyone would be pissed. But theres a disctintion your missing. Saying something is wrong by your standards and condemning it, forcing others to hold your standard, is not the same thing. I'm not condemning their practices merely saying that its hypocritical of us to label each culture as equal when they don't meet our standards at all. They flaunt our standards (not purposefully so) and we theirs. You do not see what they do as equal, we are just pretending for PC's sake (not the smasher from Port Chester).

Its wrong by our standards and you can only judge people subjectively from your point of view. If you say every culture is equal I guarantee you don't know much about other people's cultures. From your perspective, even if you learn all about them, you'd still probably like your own better. To you, yours is better.

For every culture to be equal we'd all have to appreciate our own culture equally. Thats not the case. I don't pretend to be above judging people. Its something we all do. When you meet someone for the first time you'll subconciously acknowledge their gender, their race, their w/e etc etc. Taking all that into account with brief reflection on your own experiences with other people meeting similar criteria blah blah. Point is, you judge, I judge, we all judge.

If all you've got to judge with is your nature/nurture/experience etc than whats the point of you saying their culture is equal to yours. You don't know **** about thier culture. Its downright annoying to *******ize it and say its equal. Why not accept that we have inequalites? That certain cultures can have strengths in certain areas (weaknesses in others) and that they could value those things that take to be cultural strengths in thier society, now really does that sound so racist, or elitist?

And just to bring this post back to complete thread relevancy, lest it stray into off-topic territory, wouldn't it be fair to say there is an extremely similar predicament between men and women around the world? Obviously, men and women have different strengths (scientifically proven general strengths and weaknesses in very diverse areas). The gender divide exists because men's strengths are valued more in almost every society over those of women.

So men and women are sophisticated in wholly seperate ways. There that is where the discussion was when I came in.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Personally I was discussing culture. I said the word "religous" followed immediately by "or whatever" one time. Culture is highly relevant to gender and obviously gender roles. IDK I'll shut up if talking culture is too much and we'll just get back to random people coming out online. Nothing really wrong with that, I just thought relevant discussion on gendered culture was part of the thread too.
it was mostly just the religious part, and im sure not th rest, if we keep it gay enough sans religion, since its such a hot topic, anything can be talked about .

And just to bring this post back to complete thread relevancy, lest it stray into off-topic territory, wouldn't it be fair to say there is an extremely similar predicament between men and women around the world? Obviously, men and women have different strengths (scientifically proven general strengths and weaknesses in very diverse areas). The gender divide exists because men's strengths are valued more in almost every society over those of women.

So men and women are sophisticated in wholly seperate ways. There that is where the discussion was when I came in.
so true, but i wonder if there will ever be a time where womens strenghts are valued over mens....bonuses to women on tending to live longer though.

What did you do to him? You've locked him in the closet!!
fixed for lols

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
very mad.

It was a bad breakup. But now i get to see him everyday, holding hands and cuddling with my roomate.

Its a ****ty situation all around.

Timbers

check me out
I don't go to Pride.
I've considered going in the past, but then I remember that it's just not my scene.
Maybe someday though...
I'm with Desu. I think of it being fun but then I remember there will be a ton of guys (and girls) there trying way too hard to express their flaming homo side, and as I don't think it's very good morale to a pride parade to knock a b*tch out, I'll probably stay clear for a while.
sexuallity is on a continuum.
I agree with this. At 13 I thought I was straight, at 14 I thought I was bi, at 16 I thought I was gay, and at 18 I started finding girls sexy now that they were more "grown up." I had one disaster of a relationship with a girl that kind of scared me to date women again though, so at the moment they're more of eyecandy to me.
What did you do to him? You've turned him straight!
i lol'd.
You can't truly change your orientation that easily, it's a part of your entire being.
I beg to differ really. Interests change all of the time.
:mad:SO my ex started dating my roomate today.

Awesome
very mad.

It was a bad breakup. But now i get to see him everyday, holding hands and cuddling with my roomate.

Its a ****ty situation all around.
have sex with your roommate, that'll show 'em.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
ouch. Well you can play some smash(or some game) to get your mind off of that situation.

havn't been in a relationship for a while(actually never been in a real one). They seem like a bit of a drag. Oh well things change anyways.

lol good idea timbers

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I agree with this. At 13 I thought I was straight, at 14 I thought I was bi, at 16 I thought I was gay, and at 18 I started finding girls sexy now that they were more "grown up." I had one disaster of a relationship with a girl that kind of scared me to date women again though, so at the moment they're more of eyecandy to me.
i heard from a trans man that their, the trans people, sexuality change all the time so i really don't think its much different for other people.(also read it in psychology) like i've figured i was gay for quite a while (12) but kept it put away and forced myslef to like girls. now that im more free with it i notice that i can fluctuate between both, still mostly on men though. and w/ men its really funny since the role i want will vary alot one day im like "hmm i think i like fems" next week im like "wheres that beefy man i want?"

although when it comes to women the more manlier ones strike my attention first. ghetto girls w/ attitude are so funny and those that can kick *** are even better. but if im in man mode bring on the princess. XD

i think im stranger that mystery meat at school lunches

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've never really found girls attractive.
They can be great friends, but I'd never like, sleep with one.
>_______>
I've never been attracted to girls, but I can sure as hell tell when one is attractive.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
My sexuality; Men are the best things ever.

I love it Timbers...
Anyhow, I just got a copy of Vogue's March issue (with Michelle Obama on the cover).

FAB-you-luss!! I nearly died of shock when I first got it.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Apparently Microsoft has a lot of anti-gay people as well.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173003

She was banned from Xbox Live for stating she was lesbian, basically. This is another reason Xbox Live is stupid.
Yea i read that but i also read this:
http://consumerist.com/5161145/micr...g-identifying-sexual-orientation-on-xbox-live

I suppose it was partially her fault for having been harassed. Although whoever did so, which is quite funny seeing as they are gamers, are probably not very exposed to society, and are basement dwellers ;D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
being banned for that? microsoft fails hard this time.

I suppose it was partially her fault for having been harassed. Although whoever did so, which is quite funny seeing as they are gamers, are probably not very exposed to society, and are basement dwellers ;D
basement scum or not its still wrong. it said she did have it in her profile, but still, and people are acting like there some haven where gays don't exist, they're wrong....

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Great! Now I feel excluded for liking DDR! Actually, this isn't new. Hehe.

I'm in a similar position as Bitter Romantic. Well, their personally unattractive and they're attached. I'd rather not be a homewrecker, especially in my own home. Ah, zhende buhao.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
DDR an ok game cool concept just, i dont care for teh music.

Well normally, Most peopla aren't that attractive(some one here said this before,think it was Timbers).

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
The songs are all weirddd @_@ It's like alvin and the chipmunks, except 10 times worst, 10 times faster, and put into a beat!

P.S.
http://xat.com/LGBTSmashers
It's dead there, so you should all go and make it lively :)
Do not speak of DDR as if you know what its about, and do not mock it.

I've been playing for 6 1/2 years, I'm pretty amazing. And I can think of 2 songs on DDR extreme ARC (248 songs) that uses a chipmunk effect. (Speeding up vocals) It's alot of House, Jpop, Dance, eurobeat, electronic, techno, funk, video game music, along with alot of commonly known songs done by cover artists and old school scores from famous composers remade by some of Konami's artists primarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom