• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Hey guys... I guess i lurk too much, but i came about this thread and decided to post :D
I don't exactly recall how I found out I was gay, i guess you could say i knew it all along o.o I just shrugged it off, like Matt over there xD But i just decided I was well gay about 3 years ago. I feel like i'm the youngest person here x_X =[
So helloooo~

Matt07

Smash Master
Thanks Meno :D.

And hello The.End, welcome to the boards.

Nice avatar, I'm presuming you like Chrono Cross? (my favourite game)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hehe, we seem to have a lot of new people here. Welcome to the thread. We have nachos and pizza in the kitchen.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
welcome matt and The End. i tired to shrug off the gayness too, about the same grade as well, but then He showed up like 3 years later and i couldn't make it shrug off anymore. it was like a leech now. XD

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
HEY YOUUUUUU GUYSSSSSSS!

Welcome to the LBGT thread, Matt and End. I am Smooth Criminal, straight (metrosexual) male and consummate lurker/guardian of this thread.

>__>

Smooth Criminal

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
HEY YOUUUUUU GUYSSSSSSS!
Is that a Goonies reference I smell?

Welcome to the LBGT thread, Matt and End. I am Smooth Criminal, straight (metrosexual) male and consummate lurker/guardian of this thread.

>__>

Smooth Criminal
Uh-uh, not cutting it. You've made one too many shifty-eyed faces—you're officially gay now. Sorry, them's the rules. I expect to see you at orientation tomorrow morning at 07:00.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Is that a Goonies reference I smell?

I do a mean truffle shuffle, too.

Uh-uh, not cutting it. You've made one too many shifty-eyed faces—you're officially gay now. Sorry, them's the rules. I expect to see you at orientation tomorrow morning at 07:00.
>____>

Aw, c'mon!

No fair.

Smooth Criminal

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so heh... I think word's slowly getting out to my friends somehow.

Okay so I told jenna a while ago right? well when she started going out with ben I told ben, and when I told ben jenna's roommate overheard so I told her too and then told a female friend they both have that goes to another school.
Jenna's brother (who, being jenna's brother, would ALSO have 2 sets of gay uncles) guessed and asked her so she told him (it's okay, I told her she could and she knew he'd be cool with it.)

obviously anyone I know through Pyro pretty much HAS to know, but that isn't people I deal with on a regular basis so, I mean, they don't count. so that means so far only 4 people I see on a semi-regular basis know. but the thing is, I can feel that some other people KNOW.

Omni, my roommate, is friends with Pyro who accidentally let it slip that our friends would like to see us go out... so if omni hasn't guessed from THAT slip up, then he's never going to... the thing is, from what I hear, he tries to start up dialogues with my other roommates (Ben and Matt) about it to see what they think. Fortunately or unfortunately, Ben says he just lied for me... I told him I never ASKED him to lie and, if Omni asks again, just tell him to ask me personally. Ben just said that he had no trouble lying and, while I obviously didn't MIND if they knew, he thought that it was something I should tell them myself.

My thing is that I don't see why I should have to. I mean I try not to hide it... I'm pretty sure at least a few other people have "guessed" based on the way I act and the things I say sometimes... I think they are just perplexed that Ben would have the knowledge that he's gained from omni and still not mind being so cuddly with me. Little do they know that it's because he already knows and he just doesn't have a problem with it. Regardless, by the end of the year, everyone at my college who I'm in regular contact with should know. I mean, especially if I get the boyfriend, it'd be tough to hide even if I wanted to. Already I KNOW some other people have to know. I mean... you don't let some other guy jump in bed with your girlfriend and give her massages unless you KNOW he's not a threat... and if you're that girl... you don't LET that happen unless you know.

Anyway, I ramble... it's late, I'm tired and I have an incredibly busy schedule. Part of me knows I should tell them, but the other part of me says that, not only is it awkward but if they are going to talk about it behind my back and not ask me anything to my face (ever) then they must not really want to know badly enough. If they would ever ask, I WOULD tell them. bah... w/e. Like I've said, Ben is still the best of friends with me so I could really care less what goes down from here on out.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
especially if I get the boyfriend
I chuckled a bit here. You make it sound like a contagious disease.

As to the rest, sounds like good news overall. We seem to have similar coming out philosophies. Wait it out, and if no one ever brings up the question, then **** it and let the inevitable boy-smooching be confirmation.

Best of luck catching a case of the boyfriends.

Also, Smooth, you're not getting off that easy! By this time tomorrow, you'll be shaking your *** to Cher CD's. If you don't already. It's really none of my business to know what you do or do not shake your *** to, so I won't feign knowledge here.

And how rude of me. Welcome, new homo-smashers. Forgive me, for I don't usually welcome anyone because I never post here. I am teh lerk0r.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also, Smooth, you're not getting off that easy! By this time tomorrow, you'll be shaking your *** to Cher CD's. If you don't already. It's really none of my business to know what you do or do not shake your *** to, so I won't feign knowledge here.
>_>

Naw. I shake my *** to **** that's a little more contemporary, my dear Circus. Especially when it comes to Pop.

Smooth Criminal

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
>_>

Naw. I shake my *** to **** that's a little more contemporary, my dear Circus. Especially when it comes to Pop.

Smooth Criminal
A-ha! But we now have confirmation that you do, in fact, shake your ***.

You're so going to orientation.

On less chatty business, here's something I watched a week or so ago that would be relevant to the interests of most people here (it may have been posted earlier, because it seems like it would've been): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWZb50p0Tg&feature=channel

It's a couple years old, so to many I'm sure it's nothing new, but I like it because it doesn't personify Christianity as some old curmudgeonly white supremacist beating gays with a bible. It's a well spent hour or so if you feel like getting your gay on for a sec.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

On less chatty business, here's something I watched a week or so ago that would be relevant to the interests of most people here (it may have been posted earlier, because it seems like it would've been): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWZb50p0Tg&feature=channel

It's a couple years old, so to many I'm sure it's nothing new, but I like it because it doesn't personify Christianity as some old curmudgeonly white supremacist beating gays with a bible. It's a well spent hour or so if you feel like getting your gay on for a sec.
hmmm i should watch that. it could be very interesting. it also has a creepy feel with the little girl singing. >__>

Ok... I guess I will have junk this time...

And I won't be doing quotes like that anymore either.
all this junk food...... do we not want to fit into bathing suits this summer!? lets get some salad in here at least ladies.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
hmmm i should watch that. it could be very interesting. it also has a creepy feel with the little girl singing. >__>

all this junk food...... do we not want to fit into bathing suits this summer!? lets get some salad in here at least ladies.
Agreed Jiggs, I've been slackin' lately I need to step it up!

The.End

Smash Cadet
@Matt: Yea Chrono Cross is an awesome game ^^ I just picked the avatar because i didn't know what else rocked beside Lynx.
@Meno: Young enough... 16. =.= -waits-
Nachos? anddd Pizza? =o I was gonna make a nutritional remark---- but then i heard salad. :D

Mazaloth

Smash Ace

You can also visit the Smash Gym... (I'm saying this to get the place more reconized!)
Because it is cool, and we are helpful... And... Yeah...

Mazaloth

Smash Ace

Ah, this!
I watched it in sociology class, then had a discussion on the various aspects on it.
Very good watch.

This thread is still all four letters, right?
ALL EYES ON ME!
<_<
>_>
Very good!
Now....ALL EYES ON THIS!
Be amazed! Be very amazed!
Good for her, I'm glad that she is rightfully happy with her sexuality.

I think I'm going to show this to many of my male friends, have then say (Because I know they will),
"She is hot", and then tell them that She was once a He. And of course they will freak but get over it and still say that they would bang her...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Good for her, I'm glad that she is rightfully happy with her sexuality.

I think I'm going to show this to many of my male friends, have then say (Because I know they will),
"She is hot", and then tell them that She was once a He. And of course they will freak but get over it and still say that they would bang her...
thats straight guys for ya lol. i think my cousin is still a little confused that gay and lesbian are the same thing, just different gender names.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Random people on the street make the same valid points -- just because it's a movie with a priest in it, it (unfortunately) won't change everybody's opinion :(

The.End

Smash Cadet
When i hear priest and gay together, i laugh... :D
I didn't watch that movie, although i kept hearing about it o.o No such thing as lifetime or w/e channel it's called here... Unless i have some sort of magical cable box that gives me American channels o.o

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When i hear priest and gay together, i laugh... :D
I didn't watch that movie, although i kept hearing about it o.o No such thing as lifetime or w/e channel it's called here... Unless i have some sort of magical cable box that gives me American channels o.o
I watched it on youtube. It's probably still up, because I think Lifetime itself posted it on there.

Also, I realized I skipped over this.

ALL EYES ON ME!
<_<
>_>
Very good!
Now....ALL EYES ON THIS!
That's amazing (I am very amazed!). How did she convince a doctor to give her hormone replacements at 12 years old? And a surgery that major at 16? Sounds kind of irresponsible to me, though I guess I can't argue with the results. It's pretty cool.

And honestly, Lobelia, by now you should know that everyone just ignores the T, or really any letter other than G. Hell, we had to improv an imaginary A for Maz.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd like to bring up a subject I've just come across again recently.

I don't know how anybody can think that Lylat is worse when frozen but whatever. The thing that makes the stage gay is it's tilting and when you remove tilting then you remove the gayness imo.
It was in the Stage Discussion boards I came across this.

How do we feel collectively as a group about this? Not that this is specifically Samuelson, or even that he's being purposefully detrimental, but overall with Smashboards and even IRL, how do we feel about people using the word "gay" in negative tones?

I'm personally against it.

Maybe we should start a small movement here on the SWF? :bee:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It certainly doesn't tickle me, but using "gay" in that way doesn't really offend me either. The word has gone through different meanings before, so I don't see a logical reason to keep people from using it as a synonym for "cheap" or "****ty." It's just how the young folks' lingo has evolved.

Also, I think of it this way. The people who are using "gay" in a deliberately negative way know what they're saying. So huffing and puffing about it wouldn't stop them. And the people who say it out of habit aren't doing any harm anyway. So (and I know this was a joke, but...) if we were to "start a small movement" against that use of the word, what would we really accomplish?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It certainly doesn't tickle me, but using "gay" in that way doesn't really offend me either. The word has gone through different meanings before, so I don't see a logical reason to keep people from using it as a synonym for "cheap" or "****ty." It's just how the young folks' lingo has evolved.
I'm not offended by it either. Which I think is kinda scary.

Logically, I think something is wrong when "gay" can be used in the same sense as "bad." Don't you? While it really doesn't affect me specifically, I know overall in a larger view that's... not good.

While it may be the "lingo" of today, I also think it's kinda ignorant.

Of course there will always be the homophobes, but they're a lost cause anyway. But, hey, what if we could change a couple minds? Then again... I don't exactly want to go around badgering people...

EDIT: Oh, I found those slightly annoying TV spots...

Wanda version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS0GVOQPs0&feature=related

Hilary version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3cQ67IkEOc

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm not offended by it either. Which I think is kinda scary.

Logically, I think something is wrong when "gay" can be used in the same sense as "bad." Don't you? While it really doesn't affect me specifically, I know overall in a larger view that's... not good.

While it may be the "lingo" of today, I also think it's kinda ignorant.

Of course there will always be the homophobes, but they're a lost cause anyway. But, hey, what if we could change a couple minds? Then again... I don't exactly want to go around badgering people...
I do know what you mean. I myself specifically don't use it that way, because I don't like it. If everyone woke up one day and just decided they were going to stop, I would be for it.

The bigger picture here is the concept of changing someone's perspective of homosexuality. Getting someone to stop using "gay" to put something down wouldn't do that. Even if we get all the tolerant people in the world to agree that negative use of the word is taboo, that would just get the homophobes to stop saying it. It wouldn't really fix anything, because they'd still mentally link "gay" to "bad." Just because it's socially unacceptable to call a black person a ****** in public doesn't mean that racists' inner tolerance switches are magically turned on.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just because it's socially unacceptable to call a black person a ****** in public doesn't mean that racists' inner tolerance switches are magically turned on.
They're not, but I'm happier that, as a society, we've moved past that - kids in schools no longer really keep to that. Generally, kids aren't racist anymore.

I still hear kindergartners calling things gay.

That's not right. I'd like for them, and anyone still attaching those connotations, to voluntarily stop. It's a subtle spread of homophobia.

The intolerant will always be intolerant - but we can show the tolerant to stop circulating intolerance.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
ALL EYES ON ME!
<_<
>_>
Very good!
Now....ALL EYES ON THIS!
She started young enough that there won't be a noticeable difference in the way she looks. Hell, she probably started the gender reassignment therapy at the perfect age, just as all the hormones are going crazy. ****, she is hot.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
They're not, but I'm happier that, as a society, we've moved past that - kids in schools no longer really keep to that. Generally, kids aren't racist anymore.

I still hear kindergartners calling things gay.

That's not right. I'd like for them, and anyone still attaching those connotations, to voluntarily stop. It's a subtle spread of homophobia.

The intolerant will always be intolerant - but we can show the tolerant to stop circulating intolerance.
kindergarteners cuss up storms now. i was coming back from taking my cousin to school and i hear some little boy call his sister a ***** and all that while they argued otw towards the school........ so kindergarteners calling something gay isn't really so bad. and starting a movement on SWF when Tlinks nick/new name is "gay" really seems a little silly. :bee:

@Taku
yeah its hard to believe she was a boy at some point, lol.

Daysoo

Smash Ace

How do we feel collectively as a group about this? Not that this is specifically Samuelson, or even that he's being purposefully detrimental, but overall with Smashboards and even IRL, how do we feel about people using the word "gay" in negative tones?

I'm completely desensitized to it.
Probably has something to do with the GA smash community.
What with it's rampant talk about walls of *****, them chickenlovin black folk, and what have you.
It's all in good humor over here, so I really don't think about it unless someone brings it up.
*shrug*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
count me out for any movement against it. I use "that was so gay" all the time and all my friends do too. it really isn't offensive to me seeing as no one ever means any offense to us when they say it

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
Strangely I'm not that affected by the expression "that is so gay" like used in the exemple Meno posted but I really don't like when it's used as an insult to someone like "you're just a gay nerd".

Also, to those who talked about Prayers for Bobby. I haven't seen the movie but read the plot on IMDb and it reminded me of an excellent documentary I saw called : For the Bible Tells Me So. It's about how certain passages of the Bible were interpreted to stigmatize homosexuals. It's full of interesting testimonies, mostly of parents of gay children (you also hear the stories from the point of view of the children too).

I'd recommend it to anyone here.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
And honestly, Lobelia, by now you should know that everyone just ignores the T, or really any letter other than G. Hell, we had to improv an imaginary A for Maz.
And I am deeply moved for all of you doing so.

I started a discussion like this already, It seems that most of the people don't really mind. I made a argument that the word 'gay' has now another pejorative meaning and not the basis of a object being homosexual.

She started young enough that there won't be a noticeable difference in the way she looks. Hell, she probably started the gender reassignment therapy at the perfect age, just as all the hormones are going crazy. ****, she is hot.
I don't know about her being hot or anything, but it is quite fascinating, honestly I would like for biologist to follow her growth. But she does look very much like a normal girl, startling even.

count me out for any movement against it. I use "that was so gay" all the time and all my friends do too. it really isn't offensive to me seeing as no one ever means any offense to us when they say it
Heh, yup. I just don't want to hear little tykes say things because they don't really understand stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom