• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Unfortunately, all through high school, all of my crushes were straight. I spent way too much time wishin' and hopin' they would switch teams. Pretty sad, right? Hah. The gay guys I was into coming out of HS and going into college were my friends that didn't want to take things in that direction. Any other guy just wasn't interested. Guess I'm not very experienced in all of that stuff, heh.
We have the same curse. All the guys I like are straight too, and don't have an intention of changing sides.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
we wouldnt attack u for a few reasons

1. u said yurself u werent trying to attack anyone
2. u were just curious and in a ery respectful...unlike some ppl who ask questions like over religious bigots
3. u even aplogized for things that might have sound offensive when u were trying not to (^^)v
4. not everyone is online right now :p

EDIT: U LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS?!?!!?!? =O srry if i cant spell the state right XP
:D Yeah I live in Mass.., I hate spelling that word. It's ridiculously complex. haha. Yeah, I started reading some of this thread, and I realized it went on forever, as such, I didn't get to see what many other people said, I wasn't sure if anyone else had asked questions like me, and what the responses were.

Anyway. Smash. So the Ice Climbers kick *** :p I'm finally perfecting the 0-death combos! I mentioned the Ice Climbers first and foremost because I realized you are into the ICs (the icon and whatnot). Are they your main in Brawl?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I don't actually have that much of a "favorite song" I have to many songs and I wouldn't decide ^^U and besides, I think I can't find any that fits me perfectly, but if I had to choose one...

Uhm.. this is hard to decide xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5u95_2z3FY I cried too much with this song, and in those cases those are the songs I'm most attached to

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
:D Yeah I live in Mass.., I hate spelling that word. It's ridiculously complex. haha. Yeah, I started reading some of this thread, and I realized it went on forever, as such, I didn't get to see what many other people said, I wasn't sure if anyone else had asked questions like me, and what the responses were.

Anyway. Smash. So the Ice Climbers kick *** :p I'm finally perfecting the 0-death combos! I mentioned the Ice Climbers first and foremost because I realized you are into the ICs (the icon and whatnot). Are they your main in Brawl?
Exchange codes!! nOW!!!!!....PLEASE?!!?!?

EDIT: one of my mains....it's funny....in Melee I usually mained Ness (first it was Zelda), but I get more KO's with the Ice Climbers....in Brawl...my most common mains are Lucas, and Meta Knight,...and I STILL get more points with Ice Climbers..I preety much play as Everyone..but heree are my favorite fave to main as XP (not in Order)

Lucas
Ness (Im not so good with anymore cause i usually play as Lucas)
Meta Knight
Zelda
Ice Climbers
Pikmin & Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Pokemon Trainer along with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
King Dedede
Peach
Kirby
Sonic

but regardless i love IC's....the only reason why ppl say they suck is because they cant master thei awesome power >=D but it's kind of Stupid that they cant climb or walk on the Iceberg during their Final smash XP that takes Irony to a whole a new level XD

also, despite picking 39 characters...if u look at it one way there are actually 42 fighters in Brawl =D We have over 40 characters in Brawl!! YAY! *shot*

We have the same curse. All the guys I like are straight too, and don't have an intention of changing sides.
OMG me too! WTH!?!? D=

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
1. Noobking is not gay
2. Noobking respects gays
3. Noobking has a VERY good Ganondorf

EDIT: It is interesting how most of the people in here appear to main female smash characters :p
EFG is here? O hai.

(note to those who don't get what I'm saying: you're not supposed to get it).

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Hey this community just gained points in my book, for this thread. I support gay, bi , and lesbian couples. Ive grown up in a bisexual family and all my guys friends grew up and are gay (which makes me think maybe i was a lil to much ***** for them when I was lil =P. jk) I just wanted to state gay men are the meanest smashers I fought yet XD, also im glad to see people come out into this community and want to make friends! Teach me how to smash awesome v.v.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
My dating solution:
I'm lazy. And kinda bad at picking up signals. I'll often think guys are checking me out or flirting with me when they're not and totally not pick up on it when they are (in fact, I've gone out on dates without knowing they were actual dates).

So my solution is to just stay lazy. I do not experience misunderstandings or embarassing "No, I was so totally flirting with the girl/guy behind you"s or "I was eyeing that donkey over there"s.

How do I do it? By simply not caring. I can casually flirt in a playful way with people who know that I'm totally kidding and stuff. But I don't go up to people at say "You, me, together." or something like that but instead wait for them to approach me.

For years, that didn't really work out because either I was just ugly back then, people were being lazy back or way too shy. But then it started working.

So my laziness paid off... and I nabbed Oro. That's a mighty fine catch ;).

I have too many favorite songs to just pick one. D= It's impossible for me to choose...
Peach's Side Taunt in Brawl.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I main Samus because she's a lesbian sex goddess. Real talk.
QFT. Samus is hot, HOT, HOT!

My dating solution:
I'm lazy. And kinda bad at picking up signals. I'll often think guys are checking me out or flirting with me when they're not and totally not pick up on it when they are (in fact, I've gone out on dates without knowing they were actual dates).

So my solution is to just stay lazy. I do not experience misunderstandings or embarassing "No, I was so totally flirting with the girl/guy behind you"s or "I was eyeing that donkey over there"s.

How do I do it? By simply not caring. I can casually flirt in a playful way with people who know that I'm totally kidding and stuff. But I don't go up to people at say "You, me, together." or something like that but instead wait for them to approach me.

For years, that didn't really work out because either I was just ugly back then, people were being lazy back or way too shy. But then it started working.

So my laziness paid off... and I nabbed Oro. That's a mighty fine catch ;).

Peach's Side Taunt in Brawl.
Oh wow, I remember talking to Oro a long time ago and him mentioning Yuna as his girlfriend. That was like 3 years ago on DC++ LOL. Good to see you guys are still going strong ^_^

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm going to Vegas for Pride today. Eek. I'll come back with stories. I doubt I'll get too many pictures, since my boyfriend's mom needed her camera back. :(

I still have my camera phone though!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to Vegas for Pride today. Eek. I'll come back with stories. I doubt I'll get too many pictures, since my boyfriend's mom needed her camera back. :(

I still have my camera phone though!
'Pride' parades/days are some of the stupidest things that the LGBT community does. We love to ***** about not being equal so what do we do? We go into the middle of the street, wear rainbow-colored clothes (or in some cases, nearly no clothes), make banners that say 'love-is-love', and in general make a spectacle of ourselves.

Way to make yourselves look like equals, guys!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's not a party. It's an act of seperating yourself to make yourself equal. Or, in other terms, the very thing we're complaining about -- seperate but equal.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's not a party. It's an act of seperating yourself to make yourself equal. Or, in other terms, the very thing we're complaining about -- seperate but equal.
It's the mistaken belief that visability leads to acceptance.

Really, it's dependant on the type of visability.

Really, it's the type of pride parade event that helps or hurts your cause... wearing almost no clothes is generally a bad thing for that purpose, it REALLY seperates the GLBT community as "wierd" when they do something of that nature.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Id like to hear opinion on bisexuality or people that are, I hear bisexuals arnt really represented or respected as well as the gay lesbian community. Ive seen alot of people mainly females that claim to be bi but seem to be just talk.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Id like to hear opinion on bisexuality or people that are, I hear bisexuals arnt really represented or respected as well as the gay lesbian community. Ive seen alot of people mainly females that claim to be bi but seem to be just talk.
I'm a MtF lesbian ******, so I can't talk about bi, but personally I think that the reason bisexuals aren't as represented is because they don't really need it, per se. Most of them just choose to be part of one of the two communities, either straight or gay, and just lay low.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Im a bisexual male with leanings toward men. Id have to say I agree with Lobelia for the most part. We dont need representation because were treated like "half normal" even though that idea is dumb. Ive had people who found out about me say "Well at least you still like girls too, thats all that matters." Im not sure how that makes any sense. Especially because Im decidedly against having kids (personal, not in general), lol. Bisexuality tends to viewed as very dualist by straight and gay people alike. We tend to fall into the categoies "Gay with occasional straight tendencies" or "Straight with occasional gay tendencies." Im pretty sure thats why the term Pansexual developed, to make it sound more all-encompassing. But the concept of Pan/Omnisexuality is a very pleasing one to me, to include an equal interest in all people of all sexes and gender identities. I love transgender people. But that confuses the two bisexual archetypes (not that i think those are fair anyway, lol).

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
'Pride' parades/days are some of the stupidest things that the LGBT community does. We love to ***** about not being equal so what do we do? We go into the middle of the street, wear rainbow-colored clothes (or in some cases, nearly no clothes), make banners that say 'love-is-love', and in general make a spectacle of ourselves.

Way to make yourselves look like equals, guys!
Have you ever been to one? ;) It was more of a "gather, and don't feel like an outcast" kind of thing, while Christians throw Bibles at you. I'm all about not sticking out.

The best part? At the actual festival, between my boyfriend and I, we gathered 68 free condoms, 46 free lube samples, 7 shirts, 4 keychains, and a partridge in a pear tree. Among tons of other random ****. He actually got a vibrator in a grab-bag. Hahaha.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Im a bisexual male with leanings toward men. Id have to say I agree with Lobelia for the most part. We dont need representation because were treated like "half normal" even though that idea is dumb. Ive had people who found out about me say "Well at least you still like girls too, thats all that matters." Im not sure how that makes any sense. Especially because Im decidedly against having kids (personal, not in general), lol. Bisexuality tends to viewed as very dualist by straight and gay people alike. We tend to fall into the categoies "Gay with occasional straight tendencies" or "Straight with occasional gay tendencies." Im pretty sure thats why the term Pansexual developed, to make it sound more all-encompassing. But the concept of Pan/Omnisexuality is a very pleasing one to me, to include an equal interest in all people of all sexes and gender identities. I love transgender people. But that confuses the two bisexual archetypes (not that i think those are fair anyway, lol).
Half normal, yeah thats stupid. i guess it makes sense though but i never like how it was kinda ok to be bi.

Thankyou for your post I never new of Pansexual/Omnisexuality or rather never new someone had made a term for it. I never liked to call myself bi because thats not how I felt about my sexuality. I dont think my sexuality and sexuality could be labeled as simply as that gay, lesbian, and bi. Bi in my head jsut seemed like other category and I never liked how bisexuality was just men and women that wasnt me at all. I dont see gender I see people. Thankyou so much! XD!

Always thought I had to had to be in one of the 3 categories but never thought it was that simple so knowing that im not jsut confused and have others that think like this is comforting.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Half normal, yeah thats stupid. i guess it makes sense though but i never like how it was kinda ok to be bi.

Thankyou for your post I never new of Pansexual/Omnisexuality or rather never new someone had made a term for it. I never liked to call myself bi because thats not how I felt about my sexuality. I dont think my sexuality and sexuality could be labeled as simply as that gay, lesbian, and bi. Bi in my head jsut seemed like other category and I never liked how bisexuality was just men and women that wasnt me at all. I dont see gender I see people. Thankyou so much! XD!

Always thought I had to had to be in one of the 3 categories but never thought it was that simple so knowing that im not jsut confused and have others that think like this is comforting.
glad i could shed the light of knowledge on you. really, it makes me feel good :] i feel the same way as you. i dont like that everything about human behavior is slowly being encoded and labeled. humans arent that simple, and there is no system to define our behavior. thats how stereotypes and prejudice form.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Have you ever been to one? ;) It was more of a "gather, and don't feel like an outcast" kind of thing, while Christians throw Bibles at you. I'm all about not sticking out.

The best part? At the actual festival, between my boyfriend and I, we gathered 68 free condoms, 46 free lube samples, 7 shirts, 4 keychains, and a partridge in a pear tree. Among tons of other random ****. He actually got a vibrator in a grab-bag. Hahaha.
And gathering condoms, lube samples, shirts, keychains, and vibrators is totally normal, right? ...right?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
And gathering condoms, lube samples, shirts, keychains, and vibrators is totally normal, right? ...right?
Maybe not "normal" (depending on your definition of the word), but certainly practical and totally awesome. I'd take free anything.

Besides, it's really just the condoms, lube and vibrators that are in question, right? EVERYONE likes free shirts and keychains.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
And seeing as it was Gay Pride thing, the shirts and keychains probably read 'GAY AND PROUD' in bright, colorful letters. Or, some other thing blatantly breaking the 'don't ask don't tell' rule.

Though if I'm wrong, tell me what they did say, because if that's so I'm curious.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
I can say I agree with you in part. I think it detracts from the drive of lots of people in the gay community when others act in such a flagrant and outrageous way (im thinkin the typical san fransisco image), but... its still the business of those holding the ceremony what they do. you dont have to attend; i know i wouldnt. but its their business. that sort of event will turn heads for good and bad reasons, and not everyone can find acceptance from the same methods of gay pride. i just try to set a good example for people like me, and hope that it makes other people realize that its ok to be the way we are.

however, handing out things like free condoms and lube samples (i dunno about the vibrators, lol) is just a practical and awesome way to encourage people to practice safer sexual habits. i seem to get free condoms all the time, even at events that arent sponsored by LGBT awareness groups, lmao. I got like 20 at Ozzfest.

M.K

Level 55
I mean, I'm not homosexual, but I don't consider gays like..."a new species". That's dumb.

If you take offense to this next statement, I am sorry, but I can't stand the overly, flaming, "look at me, I'm gay and i am better than you" homosexual. They just...get on my nerves! I'm sorry, it is not that I don't not support homosexuality, I just think it's a different way to approach things that MIGHT not always be the best way, but if you can get it to work, have fun.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
And seeing as it was Gay Pride thing, the shirts and keychains probably read 'GAY AND PROUD' in bright, colorful letters. Or, some other thing blatantly breaking the 'don't ask don't tell' rule.

Though if I'm wrong, tell me what they did say, because if that's so I'm curious.
Actually, the gayest kind I got is for HIV awareness. :) TOTALLY a bad thing to protect, right? I mean, seriously, why can't we just ignore the facts, and assume that all homos will get HIV and have unprotected sex. And to be honest, I only got ONE of those. The rest are all standard condoms you can purchase at any store. Minus the Zumanity condoms. (Zumanity is a show that's performed on the Vegas strip.)

Though yeah, I see where you're coming from. And I agree to some point in what you're saying. Like, I though the 'Day of Silence' thing was ******** as hell for the same reason you're stating. But honestly? This is PRIDE. A festival in a closed venue that you have to pay 10 dollars to get into. Sooo, if there are straight people there-- they WANT to be there. And if you go to any adult night club, they hand condoms and lube out there as well. Unless I've only been to weird ones.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I mean, I'm not homosexual, but I don't consider gays like..."a new species". That's dumb.

If you take offense to this next statement, I am sorry, but I can't stand the overly, flaming, "look at me, I'm gay and i am better than you" homosexual. They just...get on my nerves! I'm sorry, it is not that I don't not support homosexuality, I just think it's a different way to approach things that MIGHT not always be the best way, but if you can get it to work, have fun.
I actually agree with you. The gay guys who call unnecessary amounts of attention to themselves are obscenely irritating. Reminds me of Benimaru from KOF. God, I can't stand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom