• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I liked KOS-MOS and chaos more, but MOMO is pretty awesome! <3 archers. Her attacks in episode 1 are also really cool, too.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Even though I never played the games, MOMO was always my favorite character! X3
God!
You're so girly!
I just wanna hug you! You're so facking ADORABLE~!

*ahem*
Actually, the same applies to me. All I cared about was MOMO. She was the most precious little loli android thing. I wanted to hug her.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Since when did this turn into a topic about loli?
I dunno but I suddenly got more interested. =P Lolis ftw!! >w< I like the super sweet kind, and the Lucky Star kind, and the Higurashi kind, and the Touhou kind, and the bunny loving kind, and the candy loving ones too. ^.^

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
No, the gay one.

About the gay gym.

Listen, I'm not trying to insult you or anything. I just thought it was an interesting way of how web hosts sell info depending on the threads.
oh that one XD XP

if that comment was to me.. y would I think that u were insulting me? if it wasnt to me.. then never mind what i just posted cause it wasnt my buisness XD

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Okay, let's try steering this course on-topic. My college is hosting gay prom next week. Thing is, I don't know anybody whose going or what the atmosphere will be like. Anybody ever been to one and know what they're like? And if so, would it be even more awkward than straight prom if I decided to go by myself?

Btw, I got Project Justice 5 years ago at Savers for three bucks, so :p

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Few quick points at the topics I've missed:

- until now, I had never heard of "Day of Silence". Looking back, I was working from my apartment Friday night, and the transit system was threatening to strike, so I probably didn't leave my place. So yeah, probably didn't talk at all that day.

- going to skip by that Melee/Brawl fiasco. Just have to say that I love 'em both.

- I think I'd run and hide if I saw a gay Mario character. Looking at how over-the-top the rest of the cast is...

- best of luck with your move, Somasu and Darkfur. Sounds like fun ^^

- hope everyone had a good time at their various proms. Mine was boring as heck (my gawd, was that two years ago already?) , though doing the Timewarp with some friends while the bimbos watched in confusion was entertaining.

- can't wait for those photos, Xsyven. I'll refrain from naughty comments about your bf. Btw, nice sig :p

- omg Momo, you rock. Just reading anything you write makes me smile lol. Keep on keeping on.

- *gets lost in the loli/japanese game/momo conversation*

And a quick little story from me: I've never really been "hit on" by complete strangers before. But of course, not a week after I start coming out outside of the internet, I was hit on by a pair of good-looking asian sisters lol. Long story short, after telling them I was gay they were all like "but you won't even give us a chance?" I'm sure they didn't really mean it (I'm under the firm belief that I'm not an attractive person; **** nose), but it was a mildly ironic situation. Felt bad for my straight friend who was there though: he totally got ignored, and I bet he'd be up for some kinkiness. lol

Smash Ace
Well I heard that Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD was male in the original Japanese version... so... yeah... I dunno if that counts. @.@

Also yay I make people smile! ^.^ But seriously lolis rock, I wouldn't mind if we kept talking about them. =3

blink777 you might be too hard on yourself, you looked awesome in that pic you posted before. =O

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Well I heard that Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD was male in the original Japanese version... so... yeah... I dunno if that counts. @.@
lol, and I liked Vivian. Way to shut me up ^^;

blink777 you might be too hard on yourself, you looked awesome in that pic you posted before. =O
Awww, thanks Momo. *adds 10 awesome points to Momo's already overflowing awesome bar*

Dime

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I have a strange question for you.

The few gay men I have known or seen at a bar or wherever all seem to emulate what are stereotypically feminine traits to some degree. By that I mean tone and mannerisms. Now I realize that not all gay men do this but the few that I have know or observed do. My question is why, and is it something they are trying to do or is it a subconscious thing? I am sure there is no one answer to this and that it may be just a matter of opinion. It’s just an observation I made that may be way off, but I’m curious about it.

If this is an inappropriate question I apologize. I do not mean to offend, only to understand.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I knew this kid in high school named Kevin. Totally straight kid, right? Wrong. Two years after he graduates, he comes out of the closet. At first, he was still just Kevin. After a while though, he started wearing really girly socks, and started wearing make up. I asked him why he did that, and he said: "Because it let's people know that I'm gay." And that he did. You actually just proved that. By seeing a guy wearing makeup and bright orange argyle socks, you know "dude, that guy's gay."

It's extremely hard to tell the difference between me, and your average straight guy. I guess that if I was looking for a boyfriend, I'd probably have to ham it up a bit, just to let people know, you know?

At least, that's my thoughts. Some guys just like to be pretty. *Shrugs*

Dime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the clothes and make-up would be an advertisement to his sexuality. Even what I mentioned about tone and body language could be used as a calling card to make their identify known. I would bet there are other reasons too because some gay men do these things while still trying to stay in the closet. That’s what makes me think that these actions are not always voluntary.

Smash Ace
I know I have stereotypically feminine traits, I hate stereotypes but it can't be helped as I don't do it to flaunt that I'm gay. ^^; I just do it because... I dunno, that stuff comes naturally to me, it's not like I wear makeup and dress like a stereotypical gay guy... but I do understand why some other guys may do it, to make it obvious and whatnot... basically what Xsyven said. =P

lol, and I liked Vivian. Way to shut me up ^^;

Awww, thanks Momo. *adds 10 awesome points to Momo's already overflowing awesome bar*
I liked Vivian too. =P

And yay I have an awesome bar! =D *adds 10 awesome points to blink777's already overflowing awesome bar*... yeah I'm a copycat. >=3

And because I feel like it... and because others did it... I'm gonna post pictures of myself... but don't expect anything... expect something ugly. ._.;

Here's the first one

If you are still feeling brave... then click this...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay, let's try steering this course on-topic. My college is hosting gay prom next week. Thing is, I don't know anybody whose going or what the atmosphere will be like. Anybody ever been to one and know what they're like? And if so, would it be even more awkward than straight prom if I decided to go by myself?

Btw, I got Project Justice 5 years ago at Savers for three bucks, so :p
Your school adds to the AIDS thats making gay people seem like a separate-but-equal group in the world. Why have a separate 'gay' prom? Why not just include them as everybody else?

Does your school not realize that they aren't helping the issue here?

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Your school adds to the AIDS thats making gay people seem like a separate-but-equal group in the world. Why have a separate 'gay' prom? Why not just include them as everybody else?

Does your school not realize that they aren't helping the issue here?
It's not two separate proms, Skyler. Our gay prom is thrown by our QSU on campus. And from what I heard it's slightly less formal and more fun in a way. Plus, it's not like two guys going to "straight prom" are going to be denied at the door. Everybody I've ever talked to are cool about the whole sexuality thing. And this "prom" is just a fun little event that they like throwing every year.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I dunno but I suddenly got more interested. =P Lolis ftw!! >w< I like the super sweet kind, and the Lucky Star kind, and the Higurashi kind, and the Touhou kind, and the bunny loving kind, and the candy loving ones too. ^.^
You just get cuter and cuter. A gay boy who plays Peach, is named Momo, and now you like lolis too?
Jeez. You might end up breaking the law. It should be illegal to be this cute.
Contributing to the discussion, good stuff on the gay prom, D-yoshi. Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish my girlfriend and I had met in high school! ^_^

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
You just get cuter and cuter. A gay boy who plays Peach, is named Momo, and now you like lolis too?
Jeez. You might end up breaking the law. It should be illegal to be this cute.
It's fine to like lolis when you're younger, since teens and such are obviously more attracted to people around their age. But there comes a certain age when being a loli lover is really.... creepy. >.>;

Of course, I mean no disrespect to you Momo. We've all got our own tastes in other guys. :3

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Great pic, Momo. Thanks for sharing ^^

And good job on coming out to your sibling, Xsyven. I think of all people, I'm most worried about telling my siblings, especially my brother. Not that they won't accept it or anything... I just... I don't know <<;

Smash Ace
Thanks! ^^

And coming out can be hard period... my sis was the first person that I told, but I understand how hard it can be to tell those really close to you... as in family.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Unfortunately, all through high school, all of my crushes were straight. I spent way too much time wishin' and hopin' they would switch teams. Pretty sad, right? Hah. The gay guys I was into coming out of HS and going into college were my friends that didn't want to take things in that direction. Any other guy just wasn't interested. Guess I'm not very experienced in all of that stuff, heh.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
So, what do you guys do when you have a crush? Just wonderin'.
You try not to, at least I didn't.

I did have two crushes in high school. One of them was open but I just couldn't work up to the courage to ask him out. It's okay, it turned out he was somewhat of a manwhore. Still, he was the cutest guy I've ever flirted with. :sigh:

The other was an obvious closet-case. Everybody knew he was gay but he just kept denying it. Funny thing, a random classmate of mine commented once that me and the guy would look cute together. That same classmate was one of the first people that I came out to. My reply to my his comment? "Yeah, we so would!" I talked to some mutual friends of ours over Spring Break. The guy came out his first week of college and has been lighting campfires with his simple presence ever since. :laugh:

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Okay, so I may get destroyed for whatever I'm about to write...

I don't quite get it. Sexual orientation is so complicated... but it doesn't have to be. For example, what does it even mean for one to say that they are bisexual? How can you like both sexes in that sexual sort of way? Is it a mutual liking of the two? Or is it more favorable to a single side? I don't understand how one can like both guys and girls. To be honest, there's probably no concrete explanation for this, I'll probably just receive a slew of negative responses.

Obviously I'm opinionated on the matter, as I'm not gay. I do have gay friends, and I have no problem with them. I just don't understand why two members of the same sex would be attracted to each other, simply for the fact that there is a mystery surrounding the other sex, notably, they have different private parts. I'm sorry, I just can't comprehend this, but I have even more questions. To you gay guys who consider yourselves 100% gay, do you truly have no interest in girls? Have you never fantasized over breasts? have you ever fallen for a girls cute personality, and her adorable mannerisms? Or does the fact that you're gay equate to a straight guys feelings for other men. What I mean is, as a straight, I have no sexual interest whatsoever in men, is that how a gay would feel towards a girl?

Please don't take what I said to be an attack, sure I asked some racy questions. Sorry, I couldn't help it. I don't mean to offend anyone, so if I have I'm sorry. Again, I'm not gay, as such, I view things differently. It's hard to understand something when it's so different from your world of thought.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Okay, so I may get destroyed for whatever I'm about to write...

I don't quite get it. Sexual orientation is so complicated... but it doesn't have to be. For example, what does it even mean for one to say that they are bisexual? How can you like both sexes in that sexual sort of way? Is it a mutual liking of the two? Or is it more favorable to a single side? I don't understand how one can like both guys and girls. To be honest, there's probably no concrete explanation for this, I'll probably just receive a slew of negative responses.

Obviously I'm opinionated on the matter, as I'm not gay. I do have gay friends, and I have no problem with them. I just don't understand why two members of the same sex would be attracted to each other, simply for the fact that there is a mystery surrounding the other sex, notably, they have different private parts. I'm sorry, I just can't comprehend this, but I have even more questions. To you gay guys who consider yourselves 100% gay, do you truly have no interest in girls? Have you never fantasized over breasts? have you ever fallen for a girls cute personality, and her adorable mannerisms? Or does the fact that you're gay equate to a straight guys feelings for other men. What I mean is, as a straight, I have no sexual interest whatsoever in men, is that how a gay would feel towards a girl?

Please don't take what I said to be an attack, sure I asked some racy questions. Sorry, I couldn't help it. I don't mean to offend anyone, so if I have I'm sorry. Again, I'm not gay, as such, I view things differently. It's hard to understand something when it's so different from your world of thought.
For most of us who are gay, we have no sexual attraction to women whatsoever. Our sexual attraction is to men, it's just how some of us are born. So, for some the answer is no, they don't have interest in breasts and liking a girls cute personality would just be liking there cute personality as a person, nothing sexual about it.

And for people who are Bi, some people really are attracted to both sexes in that way, and still for others its a choice kind of like not discriminating against love based on gender. Obvioulsy, you aren't Gay so you can't see it from this point of view, but for most of us, it's just the way we are wired. We are wired differently from you. ^_^

Dan_X

Smash Lord
For most of us who are gay, we have no sexual attraction to women whatsoever. Our sexual attraction is to men, it's just how some of us are born. So, for some the answer is no, they don't have interest in breasts and liking a girls cute personality would just be liking there cute personality as a person, nothing sexual about it.

And for people who are Bi, some people really are attracted to both sexes in that way, and still for others its a choice kind of like not discriminating against love based on gender. Obvioulsy, you aren't Gay so you can't see it from this point of view, but for most of us, it's just the way we are wired. We are wired differently from you. ^_^
Thanks for the good response. I was afraid everyone would attack me.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Thanks for the good response. I was afraid everyone would attack me.
we wouldnt attack u for a few reasons

1. u said yurself u werent trying to attack anyone
2. u were just curious and in a ery respectful...unlike some ppl who ask questions like over religious bigots
3. u even aplogized for things that might have sound offensive when u were trying not to (^^)v
4. not everyone is online right now :p

EDIT: U LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS?!?!!?!? =O srry if i cant spell the state right XP

Smash Ace
Yup, you asked in a mature way, we wouldn't attack you unless you came in here flaming and being rude and ignorant about the subject. =3

So, what do you guys do when you have a crush? Just wonderin'.
I remember every time I had a crush I would hang around the guy more so than I normally would... and act... hmmm... different... if they even noticed. =. I would have daydreams and fantasies and talk to them online... I basically made it out to be more than it was, and even though I knew it I couldn't help but hope and daydream. O_o;

Fortunately I have no crush at the moment... I don't really like how I act when I do have one, the first thing that comes to my mind is "OMG [insert name here]" when I wake up and before I go to bed the same thought goes through my head as well as throughout the day... it was just too hopeless and I didn't really like the changes in me that happened when I did have a crush, I dunno how to describe it but I felt like I was acting flirty, though pretty subtle so nobody noticed I guess. ._. But it kinda felt like I was putting myself out there... making myself vulnerable, even though I didn't make it super obvious, that's how I felt... I even gave my last crush my old DS and I told him it was just because I didn't need it anymore and needed a buddy to play Pokemon with... and he fell for it... though we did play Pokemon and have fun until we both finished it and it got old. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom