• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Interesting thread some of the worlds best Peach and JigglyPuff players are gay , no joke read it on smash wiki sounds intresting to me .
Haha really? The gay players I know use Marth and Ike and Link... *cough*Kyari*cough* lawl.

And me? Well my heart has belonged to Pit since the day he was introduced as a newcomer :3

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Meh. Why do people think that your sexuality is related to the character's you main?

I main Luigi, Toon Link, and Ike. (I guess I'll have to come to a decision on just one someday, but probably not. XD)

By the way, I just have to ask... are there any transgenders/transsexuals around here? Sorry. I just want to know if this is accepting place or not...

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Why do people think that your sexuality is related to the character's you main?

I main Luigi, Toon Link, and Ike. (I guess I'll have to come to a decision on just one someday, but probably not. XD)

By the way, I just have to ask... are there any transgenders/transsexuals around here? Sorry. I just want to know if this is accepting place or not...
Aww I didnt want it to sound like that. I was just kidding really. Marth just happens to be awesome while being hot at the same time xD So any gay male can take advatnage of those facts, lol. And if Pit werent a great character (imho) then i wouldnt use him. Im probably going to actually main with Lucario in the end.

Im fairly sure this place is pretty accepting of all people. Most nerds seem to be smart enough to get things like that, hehe. Im m2f transgender myself. I hope that doesnt get the mob on me :[

So what about you? Since you asked first, its my turn to ask you. Are you tg or ts? :3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
For some reason alot of gay people like to main female characters.

Well I think homophobia is disgusting to be honest... so once again the feeling is mutual. =P
I can stand gay people, the best smasher in the UK is gay and I play with him frequently. I just dont like the thought of what they do and I think their mind has been corrupted somewhere along the line, being gay is a decision (a wrong one), people aint born. How can you be attracted to your own gender when you could be with a nice sexy girl. Gay = Corruption. Straight = :D.
I shall permantely leave from this thread hopefully, I get some of you gay people mad from this post and convert you normal loool.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Professor Pro, it's your right to find what homosexuals do, disgusting... However, when you start labeling homosexuality a choice, you're just showing ignorance. Homosexuals don't choose to find the same sex attractive, it's not that simple.

You aren't going to "convert" anybody, because number one they're already "normal" people, and second of all it doesn't work that way. Again, it's not that simple.

Im fairly sure this place is pretty accepting of all people. Most nerds seem to be smart enough to get things like that, hehe. Im m2f transgender myself. I hope that doesnt get the mob on me :[

So what about you? Since you asked first, its my turn to ask you. Are you tg or ts? :3
Well that's good... I um... yeah... I'm like you. XD

It's really hard for me to admit that, and I'm sure it'd shock so many people that have followed me over my obsession with Brawl. XD

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I can stand gay people, the best smasher in the UK is gay and I play with him frequently. I just dont like the thought of what they do and I think their mind has been corrupted somewhere along the line, being gay is a decision (a wrong one), people aint born. How can you be attracted to your own gender when you could be with a nice sexy girl. Gay = Corruption. Straight = :D.
I shall permantely leave from this thread hopefully, I get some of you gay people mad from this post and convert you normal loool.
Apparently, after a first post that garnered no serious response, you found yourself needing a second go at it. So here you go. I'll give you the opposition that you so obviously require.

Firstly, you cannot stand gay people, if you truly believe that any gay person is "corrupted" as you put it, and that it's a wrong decision, and are willing to come to a thread devoted to positive conversation between gay people who share a love of a game... sorry to say it mate, but you aren't as impartial as you seem to think you are.

Secondly, you claim to not like the thought of what we do. *shrugs* No one's sticking their bits in you, I take it. And they don't need to, either. It's not what you're into, and it is what we're into. So you don't need to like what we do, and you don't need to like us. However, you do need to accept the fact that we exist, we're not changing, and we are who we are. Sorry again to disappoint!

Thirdly, about our attraction to the same sex. That's just how we are. Personally, I'll also sit back and look at a woman, and be perfectly capable of admitting openly that she's attractive. I'll notice these things, but I personally don't feel any sexual attraction to them. Guys though... that's just how I am. That's just how a lot of guys are. I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest perhaps that you don't find the attraction of homosexuals to be outside your scope... but just guys. Lesbians are hot, right? *smirks* May well be, but they're still not going to sleep with you, either. This is just how we are, and again, just something you gotta deal with.

Fourthly, normal is an unattainable idea imposed by a narrow-minded view of society and what it expects from people. To me, you are as abnormal as every gay person in this thread is to you. And I don't even believe that because you're straight. I believe it there is no normal. There's an average, certainly, but there's no normal. Everyone's different, and thus, normal is an idea, a thought, a fantasy that will never be realized by anyone. So I'll thank you to not use that particular word in this context. Gay people are as normal as straight people. Which is to say... we're not. Because neither are you. Nor are any of us, and 'us' is really the word.

Finally, you can't make me mad. I doubt you could make very many of the guys and girls in this thread mad. Why? Cause this is something we're mostly used to. I know I am. It's why I'm able to retain my rational thought when someone approaches me in a hostile fashion regarding my sexuality. A lot of gay people are capable of shouldering the dislikes of people who lack the vision to see people as being truly equal. I just hope your back is as strong, when someone decides they hate a core part of who you are.

And with this out of the way, I wish you a good trip out of this thread, Professor Pro, and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. *winks*

Essix

Smash Cadet
For some reason alot of gay people like to main female characters.

You say your leaving, but you wont. You'll be back to see who bit at your pathetic troll. So Ill play along and throw you a cookie Mr/Ms Troll. I chose to be gay the same day you chose to be straight. Its sad that you cannot accept that some people are born different than you are, and see things differently than you do. I hope you have a gay son or daughter some day, that should put things in perspective.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
loooool at Faoro, I was just pissing you lot off and its funny to see it worked. I shall leave now.
lol this is like the 3rd time youve decided to leave forever. how many gay people like to troll straight people? does it ever happen? its so pathetic, lmao.

even if we assume its a choice, (which any gay person would be glad to explain to you its not) what does it matter? isnt part of living in a free world the right to choose who we want to be with? its not like we want to be with animals (who we cant prove have the intellect to consent to such a thing... lol)

how many more times are you going to leave before you actually gtfo. this thread is here specifically because gay people need a place where we can feel safe discussing our lives without someone like you trying to make us feel bad about simply living our lives the way that makes us the happiest. it makes me sad that it comes to that, that there needs to be a "gay section" just for people like us to exist comfortably. were all human, i just cant imagine why we cant all discuss all our love lives regardless of who theyre with.

gay != corruption, but prejudice does.

(ps: != means 'not equal to' lmao)

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
loooool at Faoro, I was just pissing you lot off and its funny to see it worked. I shall leave now.
Prof. Pro, do us all a favor and stop lying to us and just leave like you keep saying you are. You're not the first person to come in here and spout your ignorance all around here. Sooner or later you're going to say something over the line and get yourself an infraction. I don't believe anything more needs to be said refuting your argument as many other members here have done that fine and good. Just grow up, kid.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Ivoryshadows, this is my take on it. I'm agnostic though, so take anything that I say with a grain of salt, heh heh.

God is kind, benevolent, according to the Bible. God loves us for who we are, created in His image. In that respect, you are indeed fine. You have nothing to fear from God, because God loves you no matter what. Your faith is strong enough to hold, despite you being a person that your faith would condemn you for. This is admirable as far as I'm concerned, and I don't see how God would see it any differently.

You've nothing to fear, so let your fears go. Be happy with who you are, accept who you are, and you'll find that you've no problems with your sexuality and your faith.

Essix

Smash Cadet
I couldn't have said it better myself Faora. God doesn't make mistakes, so if he created us this way it must be for a purpose, what that is only he knows. Just remember to keep up your basic human morals, and whatever awaits us, I am sure it will be grand.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
If homosexuality was a choice my life would be a lot easier right now, that's for sure. =P

Though... if I REALLY had a choice right now I wouldn't change that... I mean it's what I'm into and I like what I like. I wouldn't change my preferences for anything even if they make my life a little harder, I mean it's not like I'm forcing anybody to listen to my fantasies or watch what I do in the bedroom anyway. =/ (I don't do anything... I'm just saying. ^^; )

So if it suddenly turned into a choice I don't think I'd change. @_@ But if it was a choice I made when I was younger then I'd most likely be asexual, I used to think relationships were just a waste of time and effort. ^^; I actually lie to my friends and pass myself off as asexual... I know I can't pass for straight (I'm not super flamboyant or anything but... I'm 17 and I've never had a girlfriend and my friends seem to wanna set me up with a girl but since I tell them I'm asexual then I pretty much avoid that. ^^; )
A-anyway... uhhh... @.@ About the gays choosing female characters, it more so depends on the personality of the person and who they can relate to or like more... I personally always like cute characters, but I don't go for characters like Kirby and Lucas, I mean I like them but... for some reason being a boy doesn't appeal to me. I like to play as cute girls because that's just what I like. =3 Also it's pretty awesome to defeat a really serious and strong character as a cute and silly girl. X3 Though to be honest if a cute male came around shootin pink hearts and wearing bunny ears and being silly and goofy I'll likely main them... but that day has yet to come so I'll just stick with cute girls for now. =P

(This is why I love anime like Lucky Star and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni... full of cute girls and the story actually revolves around them... and Lucky Star's art style is just adorable and the episodes are pretty funny... and Higurashi is full of mystery and stuff, Higurashi is actually my favorite anime.)

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
God doesn't make mistakes
Wrong. He does make mistakes, the Bible tells us. One such mistake was the Flood, in which he regretted doing and felt it was wrong afterwards. He himself is not perfect, as nothing is. God can make mistakes too, just like any other life form.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Wrong. He does make mistakes, the Bible tells us. One such mistake was the Flood, in which he regretted doing and felt it was wrong afterwards. He himself is not perfect, as nothing is. God can make mistakes too, just like any other life form.
Which is not, to say, that gay people are a mistake. After all, the flood went away. If homosexuality was a mistake, then there'd be no gay people, too.

Needs to be said. *smiles*

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Which is not, to say, that gay people are a mistake. After all, the flood went away. If homosexuality was a mistake, then there'd be no gay people, too.
I didn't say gays are a mistake. Sin or no sin, God makes you do it. He makes people sin and makes people believe in him. He just makes mistakes as well.

Essix

Smash Cadet
I dont want this to stray too far off the topic of this thread, but all the stories in the bible are just that, stories. Now it may be a fundamental theological difference between you and I, but I believe that God is perfect. Once you start taking astronomy and physics classes, you start to realize how perfectly the universe is put together. That something so complex formed from a single, indescribable explosion is truly remarkable. The universe and how it works is simply too perfect to happen by chance, and I believe whatever happens in out lives, happens for a reason.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say gays are a mistake. Sin or no sin, God makes you do it. He makes people sin and makes people believe in him. He just makes mistakes as well.
*considers carefully for a moment before responding*

As I mentioned above, I'm agnostic. I have a rather personalized view of God, spirituality and the afterlife, and a very... defined view on organized religion. But, knowing what I do of the Bible and the like, humans, people, are imperfect creatures. We make mistakes, and we sin, and all that jazz. However, as I understand it... God doesn't make us do anything.

If this was the case, and you take the Bible literally (as so many people do, unfortunately, when certain darker passages suit them), then we choose to do things wrong, we choose to sin, and we choose to sever ourselves from the light of goodness and God and all that warm, fuzzy stuff. Sin is a choice, as is resistance of temptation.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is simply that... God, assuming that God exists and we're talking about a benevolent being here... God would never force those beneath Him, His creation, to do the things that He's already defined as bad and wrong.

Just my take on it, heh heh. Regardless, debating the religious ramifications of gay people is a moot point. I do find it idly amusing that the same passages that talk about stoning me to death for loving my boyfriend also tell you to stone children. Follow one, follow 'em all, eh? *chuckles*

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Once you start taking astronomy and physics classes, you start to realize how perfectly the universe is put together.
Actually, you realize how chaotic and uncertain the universe is, like the personality of God.

That something so complex formed from a single, indescribable explosion is truly remarkable.
God is more remarkable.

and I believe whatever happens in out lives, happens for a reason.
Not true at all. The Bible says some things just happen, God does not control everything.

But, knowing what I do of the Bible and the like, humans, people, are imperfect creatures
Everything is imperfect, including God.

We make mistakes, and we sin, and all that jazz.
While we make mistakes, Christians themselves do not sin. I do not sin, and no Christian does.

However, as I understand it... God doesn't make us do anything.
The Bible says otherwise. Everytime someone sins for example, it's an act of God.

If this was the case, and you take the Bible literally (as so many people do, unfortunately, when certain darker passages suit them), then we choose to do things wrong, we choose to sin, and we choose to sever ourselves from the light of goodness and God and all that warm, fuzzy stuff. Sin is a choice, as is resistance of temptation.

Nothing is a choice, as there is no such thing as free will. God chooses what we do and don't do, sometimes for good or bad. It's not always pleasant, and always consistent, but it's what God does.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is simply that... God, assuming that God exists and we're talking about a benevolent being here
Oh, well that's the difference between our beliefs. I don't believe God is benevolent. I believe he is belligerent. What would the point be in worshiping a benevolent God?

God would never force those beneath Him, His creation, to do the things that He's already defined as bad and wrong.

The Bible says otherwise.

Just my take on it, heh heh. Regardless, debating the religious ramifications of gay people is a moot point. I do find it idly amusing that the same passages that talk about stoning me to death for loving my boyfriend also tell you to stone children. Follow one, follow 'em all, eh? *chuckles*

I'd be for both of those, personally.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I find it interesting how any time there is a thread about homosexuality, it always [predictably] is drawn towards religion(christianity particularly), and often involves people being absolute CERTAIN that they are right.

Didn't Socrates say that 'the more you are certain that what you believe is right, the more likely you will kill for your belief' ? We shouldn't be so adamant.. that caused holocausts, crusades, and suffering...

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
I'm certain I'm right because the Bible says I am right. It's just the way it is.

As for suffering, all suffering is done by God to punish those who defy him. So I don't mind suffering myself.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ok, but this isn't the debate room!

I don't want this topic to get locked, so perhaps we should pull away from religion. I love this topic, it's nice to meet accepting people and to see some other transgendered people. :)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
While I'm all for leaving the debate behind, myself (and I actualy wonder, forboxgux, if you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing or if you actually believe what it is you've been saying... no offense meant, of course), I figured this is worth asking...

I'd be for both of those, personally.
... you'd be for stoning me for my love for my boyfriend? And yourself, for being the child of your parents? *looks rather confused*

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
(and I actualy wonder, forboxgux, if you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing or if you actually believe what it is you've been saying... no offense meant, of course)
No offense taken. I do believe what I say however.

... you'd be for stoning me for my love for my boyfriend?
I said it rather prematurely. Do you mean some sort of homosexual relationship? In that case, as a Christian, I would be for legalizing the death penalty against that, but that's never going to happen, so I don't openly advocate it. But that is my personal opinion.

And yourself, for being the child of your parents? *looks rather confused*
I don't get that last question. Are you asking if I'm for stoning myself because I was once a child? No.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
While we make mistakes, Christians themselves do not sin. I do not sin, and no Christian does.
Wow, reading from the 1st post and going to the last, it seems this topic is lost. And forboxgux, I would love to see this book you speak of where Christians do not sin, rofl.

I'm Christian and I got no problem with gays, its your life do w\e you want with it.

Me personally, I'll stick with chicks, lol.:laugh:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Do you mean some sort of homosexual relationship? In that case, as a Christian, I would be for legalizing the death penalty against that
*ahem*

WHOA.

Did you just post what I think you did?

Death penalty for having a relationship a group of people doesn't approve of? Sounds like prejudice to me.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
And forboxgux, I would love to see this book you speak of where Christians do not sin, rofl.
It's called the Bible.

1 John 3:6

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bible

WHOA.

Did you just post what I think you did?

Death penalty for having a relationship a group of people doesn't approve of? Sounds like prejudice to me.
How am I prejudging someone? If someone is proven to be a homosexual, then I would be for employing Biblical justice on them. I don't see how that is being prejudice.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
ok guys this isnt the religious debate forum. go start that somewhere else. im sure im not alone when i say im tired of seeing this topic going in this direction. the Gay Smashers thread wasnt made to be debased by narrow minded people who disagree with our lifestyle. go debate our right to exist elsewhere. i thought this thread was here for gay gamers to come and talk in a comfortable safe feeling environment, and that is being compromized by this debate.

all im saying, is please take the religious debate elsewhere so the rest of us can stay on topic.

Tanea

Smash Ace
anyway how is everyone here doing hopefully and hopefully you are all enjoying ur copy of brawl i know i am and i would love to play you guys/girls .i could go into this biblical argument but im to busy playing braw

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that. I say again, if someone wants to respond to me, just PM me so this thread doesn't go off track.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
anyway how is everyone here doing hopefully and hopefully you are all enjoying ur copy of brawl i know i am and i would love to play you guys/girls .i could go into this biblical argument but im to busy playing braw
well put :] im gonna go play more brawl in about 10 minutes. and honestly, this game is one of the best things thats ever happened to me. just last night i played in a kinda big group (6 people is a lot for me most the time), gay and straight people, just having fun with something we all enjoy! and talking about who wed rather get busy with in game, lol.

after the jerkin off to mario joke, things got a little weird though, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom