• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Forboxgux, I intend to only say this, and then actually leave this thread, until this particular issue has been resolved, because I personally don't feel that this is something I can continue to discuss on a logical level. Primarily because... well... it's taken an illogical turn.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, as I very well may be. I've read the Bible, cover to cover (it's not a really great read. Starts off great, but the characters are all so one-dimentional, and the ending isn't all that great either), and I've... never seen any part of the Bible that reflects what it is that you have been saying thus far.

Perhaps I've been mistaken in assuming you're referring to the same faith that I think I am. I am referring to Christianity and the other religions that center around the same God. I've been operating under the assumption that you have been speaking regarding the same faith, and this is an assumption that I am simply going to have to abandon, before I suffer a complete logical breakdown.

I do not believe I have ever read of any holy book that suggests the sort of things that you appear to, so firmly, believe as part of your faith. Nothing that you have said to this point reflects anything that I know of Christianity, or any of the similar faiths that worship that same God. You have confused me completely, and thus I have to leave this debate before I start rocking back and forth, knees in my arms, muttering repeatedly, "I don't understand..."

That said... I'm done with the discussion for now, and will return once I can get my brain cleaned out. The carbon scoring from attempting to figure this all out is starting to itch.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Ok, but this isn't the debate room!

I don't want this topic to get locked, so perhaps we should pull away from religion. I love this topic, it's nice to meet accepting people and to see some other transgendered people. :)
Same here...although no matter how many topics relating to this always seem to turn into a debate room...and it tends to always be the same argument over and over again -_- !

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
Oy, this is going to be my last response, since we're not supposed to debate religion here, but I'll end it with this:

Everyone sins my friend
Everyone did sin, until Jesus Christ committed suicide on that fateful day so people would stop sinning.

Also, who are you to judge gay people for there choice of lifestyle?
As a Christian, I am supposed to judge. It's how you love your neighbor, by rebuking and judging them.

Even if it is a sin, Jesus forgives all
That's where we disagree. Jesus doesn't forgive all sins, in my belief.

Have you gotten to the new testament in that thing yet?
No, I never heard of it...could it have that guy named Jesus in it?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, as I very well may be. I've read the Bible, cover to cover (it's not a really great read. Starts off great, but the characters are all so one-dimentional, and the ending isn't all that great either), and I've... never seen any part of the Bible that reflects what it is that you have been saying thus far.

Well, um...then you just have to read it then.

Perhaps I've been mistaken in assuming you're referring to the same faith that I think I am. I am referring to Christianity and the other religions that center around the same God.

I'm only referring to Christianity myself.

I've been operating under the assumption that you have been speaking regarding the same faith, and this is an assumption that I am simply going to have to abandon, before I suffer a complete logical breakdown.
Do you think I'm a Buddhist then or something?

I do not believe I have ever read of any holy book that suggests the sort of things that you appear to, so firmly, believe as part of your faith.
Uh...it's called the Bible.

Nothing that you have said to this point reflects anything that I know of Christianity, or any of the similar faiths that worship that same God.
Well, I'm sure false Christianity doesn't preach what God wants.

Hope you come back and we can continue to have reasoned discussions.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Please next time somebody wants to say something on this subject use the PM system... I don't see how gays can feel comfy in a topic made for them if it keeps going back to religion... by the way I'm not Christian and you can tell me that I'm going to Hell for so many reasons, but I don't care I honestly don't because I don't believe it... what I DO care about though is somebody coming into this topic and shoving their religious views down our throats, there's more than just one religion in the world people and no matter how right you think/know you are it doesn't mean you can just barge in and talk about religion so easily. It's a sensitive subject, I'm sure you wouldn't like somebody coming into a topic made for people like you (you can be anyone I'm not directing this towards any one person) telling you how religion states that you are wrong for doing something. And if you don't care and you'd be willing to debate about it if it ever happened to you then woopdie doo for you, just go and make a different topic or use the PM system.

People need to get this straight... Homosexuality and religion are two completely different subjects, no need to discuss one of them in a topic about the other, especially if asked nicely to stop. =/ This goes for fellow gay smashers too, I'm not just talking to the homophobes.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Please next time somebody wants to say something on this subject use the PM system... I don't see how gays can feel comfy in a topic made for them if it keeps going back to religion... by the way I'm not Christian and you can tell me that I'm going to Hell for so many reasons, but I don't care I honestly don't because I don't believe it... what I DO care about though is somebody coming into this topic and shoving their religious views down our throats, there's more than just one religion in the world people and no matter how right you think/know you are it doesn't mean you can just barge in and talk about religion so easily. It's a sensitive subject, I'm sure you wouldn't like somebody coming into a topic made for people like you (you can be anyone I'm not directing this towards any one person) telling you how religion states that you are wrong for doing something. And if you don't care and you'd be willing to debate about it if it ever happened to you then woopdie doo for you, just go and make a different topic or use the PM system.

People need to get this straight... Homosexuality and religion are two completely different subjects, no need to discuss one of them in a topic about the other, especially if asked nicely to stop. =/ This goes for fellow gay smashers too, I'm not just talking to the homophobes.
You, sir, deserve ten internets. I edited my post after reading that.

Essix

Smash Cadet
So who else here lives in a "desert"? I live in Dahlonega, which was the sight of the first US gold rush, now its a magnet for every conservative psycho on the planet. Anybody else here live in a place where its super hard to date people?

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Australia originally. Over three quarters of my homeland is dirt and sand. *laughs* But beautiful dirt and sand, I assure you!

That said I grew up in a suburb close to the coast, lived there most of my life. However, as you can see in my profile... I'm now in the middle of bloody nowhere. Idaho. Of course, I don't really need to date anyone here; I've actually got myself a lovely guy, someone I love with all my heart. Trouble is him being in another state, in similar fashion to a couple of the other guys in this thread. A pity, but unavoidable.

But hey, he's on the coast! So once I can get to him as we plan... mmrrrr...

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Oh my! I am sorry. I didn't mean for my post to start a debate. It was just one question for help but I guess I can't do that. So thanks to the two people who actually answered and "I will Now be editing that post...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I didn't say gays are a mistake. Sin or no sin, God makes you do it. He makes people sin and makes people believe in him. He just makes mistakes as well.
being gay is not a sin...and God gave us free will...and he doesnt make ppl sin...he wants ppl to make their own desicions and he doesnt make ppl beleive in him...ppl who have faith in are the ones who believe in him..he doesnt force others.. .u wanna talk about sinners? then why dont u mention the religious freaks that bash others because of who they are? and what about the parents who disown or hurt their own children because their gay? or better yet, y dont u mention about sick religious ppl who say there devoted to gods but they also **** little kids?! on a scale of 1 to 10 for biggest sin... being gay is pratcially a one when compaed to others, so y dont u take yur little religious views else where because u kno what? We dont need @$$hats like u telling us what's right and whats wrong. oh and as for the bible...do u kno how many times the meaning of that book has been changed and corrupted? more than enough i can tell u that much, and no im not bashing all christians nor the religion nor the Bible, But im sick and tired of ppl like u who use religion as a reason to say being gay is wrong. U kno what? when u have a child, I hope he or she tells u that they're gay, cause that's just going to be one big smack in the face to u! D=<

EDIT: Im srry guys I kno u said no religious talk in here...but ... I just needed to get it out because i cant deal with these kind of ppl...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Being gay is disgusting and in the bible it says something about how being gay is wrong so getting married is just dumb if your gay.
Im not a chrisitian though because people who believe in god are usually dumb and I am smarter and here to piss people off.
Straight people for LIFEEE. I shall leave permantely now.:)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Being gay is disgusting and in the bible it says something about how being gay is wrong so getting married is just dumb if your gay.
Im not a chrisitian though because people who believe in god are usually dumb and I am smarter and here to piss people off.
how is getting married dumb if yur gay?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So who else here lives in a "desert"? I live in Dahlonega, which was the sight of the first US gold rush, now its a magnet for every conservative psycho on the planet. Anybody else here live in a place where its super hard to date people?
Just look at my location. I'm less interested in dating, as I'm a trans, but you sure as heck can't even try to come out where I live. T_T

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I hope to god your best friend comes out of the closet. :)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Oh my! I am sorry. I didn't mean for my post to start a debate. It was just one question for help but I guess I can't do that. So thanks to the two people who actually answered and "I will Now be editing that post...
Don't be sorry, Ivoryshadows. *smiles warmly* You had a simple, valid question and concern, and hopefully you were helped by those and myself who actually stuck with helping you. There will always be debate on the God/Gay argument, and it can't be helped. If your post hadn't sparked it, then someone else's would have. So don't worry, and take heart that hopefully, you have your answers.

Also, I may suggest that a mod come here to clean away Professor Pro. He's now quite simply stated that he is here to cause trouble, and if I understand forums right, that's not acceptable. *winks* Bye, Professor. Hope you've learned something.

Smash Ace
Well I reported him... I think... I dunno because everytime I try to report somebody I get an error screen then when I try it again it says wait 60 seconds before trying to report again so I GUESS it went through. O.o;

Essix

Smash Cadet
Guys, I am guilty of this myself, but lets just stop feeding the trolls. Even if Fred F*ing Phelps himself posts here, lets just zoom right over it like it was never there. If they wanna start a debate about us, then let them go to the debate forum. It will take all of us working together to strip the trolls of their power, what do you guys say?

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Indeed. Mark and move people, I don't see why people fall prey to their trolling when you can just report it.

If you feel the report function is failing, PM the moderator(s) of the forum and inform them of what's going on. Eventually if the debates continue this topic WILL be closed, since I believe that was the reason it was almost closed to begin with? Controversy?

Let's defy the gay stereotype that we're all dramaqueens and just move on, shall we?

I lost in the second round of the tournament, by the way. Messed up a Zelda, got messed up by an Ike.

And Luigi's mansion, poor Peach got attacked by the pillars...

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
^ Oh, Who were you playing as? I didn't know that Luigi's mansions falling piilars could do damage, don't play there often.

And you guys are right we shouldn't respond to them, let the mods deal with them. Sometimes its just to hard not respond.

Thanks Faora.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Indeed. Mark and move people, I don't see why people fall prey to their trolling when you can just report it.

If you feel the report function is failing, PM the moderator(s) of the forum and inform them of what's going on. Eventually if the debates continue this topic WILL be closed, since I believe that was the reason it was almost closed to begin with? Controversy?

Let's defy the gay stereotype that we're all dramaqueens and just move on, shall we?

I lost in the second round of the tournament, by the way. Messed up a Zelda, got messed up by an Ike.

And Luigi's mansion, poor Peach got attacked by the pillars...
U mean the gamestop tournament? If so..did the rules change from the first tournament?

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Heavily. It wasn't even the rules that the second round was supposed to have, and my first one didn't have the proper rules at all, random characters for everyone.

The second round was five minute random arena matches.

And its not the pillars hurt me, they just blocked my attacks...

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
...I've missed quite a bit in the past couple weeks. Just finished reading through and I have to saw wow. o.O

Anyway, I keep hearing about how the gamestop tournament rules blow goats. When I played in the first round it was set to random character, random stage, all items, 1 minute match. The 1 minute thing is understandable, but at least let us choose our characters. I actually made it past 3 rounds, using ICs all three, but then I lost my 4th in the semis when I was D3 on Frigate Orpheon and the stage-flipping pretty much gimped me. =( Oh well. Glad to see someone made it to the 2nd round! Though it sucks they didnt improve on the rules much.

Does anyone know anyone else in this thread? Like, personally/in person? I say if you're close enough you should make the effort to roadtrip to each other's places for smash! Just like with Melee! Screw that online lag. =D

...I need more fellow gay dudes nearby to smash with. =/ None of my gay friends here play video games. XD And they're all like at least 6 years older than me. =X

Btw, is anyone loving Sonic as much as I am? I maaay have found my Brawl main.

Edit: omfg, like every post I make seems to end up at the top of a new page. XD Sorry, I just find that amusing.

Essix

Smash Cadet
Sonic is an interesting character to say the least. I like how he's slow in the air and crazy fast on the ground, just as it should be. But I cant stop playing Meta Kinght, his moveset and speed fit perfectly with my playsyle, hes defiantly gonna be my main.

Matt

Banned via Administration
I warned Professor Pro up to 3. So you can all stop reporting his posts now.

Y'know, unless he persists.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I warned Professor Pro up to 3. So you can all stop reporting his posts now.

Y'know, unless he persists.
I aplogize, I didn't see this before I reported the most recent one I saw.

Anyways, I'm quite annoyed right now, and I think more people need to read this.

www.godmademegay.com

--

Anyways, Smash Brawl is awesome. I find myself using Wolf, Zero Suit Samus, and Snake the most. I was wanting to play as Lucario, but I don't really care for the way he plays too much.
Anyways, I hope to play some of you sometime. My PM Box needs cleaning right now, but if anyones interested, give me a shout. ^_^

mikee8728

Smash Rookie
I've had two gay professors in my lifetime and both of them were AMAZING teachers and incredibly hilarious. You Queers are funny as ****. Kudos to you all.

Smash Ace
Anyways, Smash Brawl is awesome. I find myself using Wolf, Zero Suit Samus, and Snake the most. I was wanting to play as Lucario, but I don't really care for the way he plays too much.
Anyways, I hope to play some of you sometime. My PM Box needs cleaning right now, but if anyones interested, give me a shout. ^_^
I wanna play you, I seriously need more friends in my wifi friends list anyway... most of the people who are on my list are never on. =/ I use Peach, Ike, and Zelda the most... and I'm starting to pick up Marth and I also like to play Lucas once in a long while... but mostly Peach my game records even state that I play her more than 90% of the time. ^^;

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Heh, hey Momo, if you're looking for another person to add to your list, I'm happy to provide you a good challenge, if I can be one, heh. Personally, I'm a Wolf, Samus, Diddy player, but I'll play as just about anyone, heh heh.

And Darkfur, I fully expect to be playing you sometime soon. *winks* Your tail's mine, boyo.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
...I've missed quite a bit in the past couple weeks. Just finished reading through and I have to saw wow. o.O

Anyway, I keep hearing about how the gamestop tournament rules blow goats. When I played in the first round it was set to random character, random stage, all items, 1 minute match. The 1 minute thing is understandable, but at least let us choose our characters. I actually made it past 3 rounds, using ICs all three, but then I lost my 4th in the semis when I was D3 on Frigate Orpheon and the stage-flipping pretty much gimped me. =( Oh well. Glad to see someone made it to the 2nd round! Though it sucks they didnt improve on the rules much.

Does anyone know anyone else in this thread? Like, personally/in person? I say if you're close enough you should make the effort to roadtrip to each other's places for smash! Just like with Melee! Screw that online lag. =D

...I need more fellow gay dudes nearby to smash with. =/ None of my gay friends here play video games. XD And they're all like at least 6 years older than me. =X

Btw, is anyone loving Sonic as much as I am? I maaay have found my Brawl main.

Edit: omfg, like every post I make seems to end up at the top of a new page. XD Sorry, I just find that amusing.
Too bad I do not live near you...how about we play on wifi though sometime? Hmmm I do know some people who have the game but no one really from here...I have seen people here at a tournament recently but I did not make an effort to talk with em(shy..lol)...Sonic is an awsome char but it takes some work to send a person flying...awsome speed and quick attacks but power is lacking...doesn't matter though if you use it to your advantage against your opponent and make em guess when the attack will be huh ?

Smash Ace
Heh, hey Momo, if you're looking for another person to add to your list, I'm happy to provide you a good challenge, if I can be one, heh. Personally, I'm a Wolf, Samus, Diddy player, but I'll play as just about anyone, heh heh.

And Darkfur, I fully expect to be playing you sometime soon. *winks* Your tail's mine, boyo.
Oooh ooh! Yeah! ^.^ My code is under the avatar, though you'll have to PM me your FC or something. =3

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Same here!!! IF anyone wants to exchange Wii codes and Brawl FCs just look under my ava as well...but just be sure to PM me that u did record my numbers along with sending yur numbers as well (^^)v

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Hello there, GigaMan, and welcome to the thread! Come, and peruse the gathering!

Just for the people posting a little above this one, regarding Sonic. Honestly, I've tried playing him, but for the life of me, I simply can't control him. I played Fox in Melee prior to my time as a loving Samus loyalist, so I've nothing against speedy characters (Fox in Brawl is actually paced rather nicely, in my own opinion; hate me if you like. He's also cute, heh heh. Look at those ears twitching in SSE! *giggles*).

I'm just really curious as to how exactly you manage to control him effectively enough to combo, or kill. I'm always over- and under-shooting my targets whenever I use him, and immediately go back to Samus or Wolf. *shrugs and laughs* Maybe I'm just lame. I dunno!

EDIT: Momo, you got mail! *points at your Inbox with a smile*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom