• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LFM/LFC somebody set us up the gong, MK is not a dirty word

S.D

Smash Master
i call The **** for 1st in melee, and probably 4 ****ing Metaknights for 1st in brawl

do we have to participate in both melee and brawl crew battles because I can't see the rest of hornsby actually doing that. I could have 12 brawlstock and take everyone pretty much with MK and I'll probably win crews

so just wanted to clarify if we need to participate in both games.. I know it'd be great for numbers if we did and I'd like to but not sure if they will lol
Simon/Pat still need to register...

Who knows they might recruit the elusive Jaz...

The idea is to participate in both games. It's all about stock difference so try win melee by a lot and if possible lose brawl by as little as possible (or just win i guess).

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
yeah I knew it was about stock difference, just wanted to confirm it was one big smash league not separate melee/brawl ones

when Kulla/Pat/Jaz register then yeah they're definately gonna challenge the SD dream team, however of the crews so far The **** is instawin lol

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
SD will take their **** down again just like ohn
yeah that's true lol :(

turtle/sd/unreon/bjay that's a supercrew

@Zaidou: reasonable distance = what? Whereabouts are you situated? We should probably come rescue you lol

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Nothing. It Just Felt Right.

@ Ben: I'm In West Penno. Be Careful Though, The Parents Never Sleep O_o

unreon

Smash Ace
LOL unreon/SD/Bjay/Turts is a dream team?

That's what everyone thought about unreon/Jaz/Pat/Kulla. Look I'm on both teams! I Solid Snake'd to the winners side.

But I must admit it was my poor performance in crews that we lost to SD/Turts team. I'm so sorry guys I still get nightmares T_T

Zaido what UAI are your parents expecting? My dad thought I was going to miss my 99.50 aim. Which I did T_T

I suck double time at HSC and Meleeeeeeeeee

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
4 ****ing MKs have brawl crews beat in advance. Melee will take a bit of effort but we could possibly get a decent placing in that.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
LOL unreon/SD/Bjay/Turts is a dream team?

That's what everyone thought about unreon/Jaz/Pat/Kulla. Look I'm on both teams! I Solid Snake'd to the winners side.

But I must admit it was my poor performance in crews that we lost to SD/Turts team. I'm so sorry guys I still get nightmares T_T

Zaido what UAI are your parents expecting? My dad thought I was going to miss my 99.50 aim. Which I did T_T

I suck double time at HSC and Meleeeeeeeeee
not really... sam got all your stocks and 3 off jaz so it cant totally be your fault and then i got jaz's last and all of simons so dont blame yourself too hard, the only person whos fault it wasnt was pats who got my last then 4 off jelly then 2 off bjay

Gords

Smash Champion
@tim

Love your AKAs on the first post tim, where you come up with that stuff, i dont know. But it is funny nonetheless.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm assuming he was on about Event 51 in Melee.

5 crews registered - Nice!!!

S.D

Smash Master
The whole thing should be really interesting, especially once I figure out the scoring system.

Our lineup has only one change from DC so WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME IF WE LOSE UNREON lol

I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamics of this thing play out. Especially interested to see some horrible brawler or useless melee player do something amazing and unexpected and turn the tide of the whole battle.

Simon/Pat/Jaz?/??? could do well in brawl - I believe it was them plus Shaya that took out DC 4 man no? But 4 mk's must be favourite at this stage :)

Dw bout HSC Zaidou/FTS/anyone else I studied for two weeks and got 98. How far short were you Jason :(

No more 666 post :( it didn't last long.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
lol, I had so many event 51 problems in qld, kept sliding off of the edge as I charged shadow ball, kinda like how Giga Bowser pushes him off by accident and he suicides. Gawd I hate that. >.<

Dedu

Smash Lord
wheeee SD is too smart to get a 98 in two weeks </3

I crammed in the last month and got meself a 74.5 lame as.
Bleh UAI is useless **** if ur after TAFE studies.

Hell when u enter teh workforce they aren't concerned about ur ranking they're after ur attendance and whether you can work well or not <3
Exceptions apply when going for university >_>

unreon

Smash Ace
Ummmm I studied super hard all year and locked myself in the library the month leading up to the HSC.

I got Adv English 89 (so close =()/Biology 91/Physics 96 (topped my school! :D)/3U Math 97/4U Math 94 (so low T_T) for a total UAI = 99.20. I was aiming for 99.50 lol

But like everyone else has said, don't stress too much about the HSC. It's only useful once, and chances are there is more than one way to get into the course you want.

GL to all the HSC Smashers there =)

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
lol I just started year 11 so I don't have to do stuff yet.. doing pretty much the exact same subjects as you unreon, although I'm doing chemistry and 3U english as well for this year at least

this crews league is gonna be epic, more people than I thought have signed up and more to come hopefully

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
AK & my school is really anal about doing well in the HSC.

pretty much if you dont get 90+ u didnt do well

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
It's Not So Much The Exam And The Uai Itself So Much As It Is The Freaking Pressure Everyone Gets.

unreon

Smash Ace
In my school (Sydney Boys) if you didn't get +95 you didn't do well.

In James Ruse if you didn't get +99 you didn't do well.

rawr it's just your audience around you feeding off one another in a perpetual system of heightening pressure and standards. Just relax, get what you need to get, and let your social skills, hard work, and work experience (and not a mark) take you along the correct path for the rest of your life.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
In my school (Sydney Boys)
rawr it's just your audience around you feeding off one another in a perpetual system of heightening pressure and standards.
hang out with stoners
Barely get the mark you need to get in
lie about illness if needed
pass first and 2nd year courses
Go well in 3rd and 4th year courses that matter
Do masters/honours/phd
interview well
Good job
wife
kids
retire
death

K?

S.D

Smash Master
In my school (Sydney Boys) if you didn't get +95 you didn't do well.

In James Ruse if you didn't get +99 you didn't do well.

rawr it's just your audience around you feeding off one another in a perpetual system of heightening pressure and standards. Just relax, get what you need to get, and let your social skills, hard work, and work experience (and not a mark) take you along the correct path for the rest of your life.
James Ruse would be like some kind of prison camp.

My school was selective so everyone was expected to be 95+ too.

I like Tim's life plan - my advice to anyone is to follow that.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
4 ****ing MKs have brawl crews beat in advance.
I dunno, I was owning Toby and Ted pretty hard in Brawl for a few games at the last meet.

And proceeded to not take a single stock in mock crews. ;_;

Watch out!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
selective schools are ****ed and all the kids get better uais there purely because theyre at a selective school and everyone around them does well so even if you do bludge you normally go alright as long as u ranked well in your class

S.D

Smash Master
Partially true, but you still have to do well to get good marks, because rankings are much more competitive. How can you bludge and still rank well if everyone around you is doing better than you dip****. I had to rank well and get 90+ in every subject just to get my mark. That being said I bludged pretty hard and got away with natural intelligence and bull****ting skills.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Partially true, but you still have to do well to get good marks, because rankings are much more competitive. How can you bludge and still rank well if everyone around you is doing better than you dip****. I had to rank well and get 90+ in every subject just to get my mark. That being said I bludged pretty hard and got away with natural intelligence and bull****ting skills.
cause you did girly english subjects, you should've done drama imo u would've fit in well.

Top Bottom