Let's toast those Smashers! ~ Spyro Reignites Super Smash Brothers

So, CTR Remake is coming. I would bet a silver dollar for Spyro to make a guest appearance.

With Spyro Switch being one of the worst kept secrets in gaming, things look ok. I would say we do have to consider Crash as coming first. He is a bigger deal in japan and he is the one more people are thinking of. I see Crash as our foot in the door so to speak. For us to get in wave 2, we need crash first.

Also, I have heard that Spyro RT is getting a patch. Hopefully Lost Fleet is fixed that level runs like crap.
Yeah, I'd be okay with Spyro missing the initial boat (this batch or otherwise) as long as Crash can get in first.

Nikster31

Smash Rookie
So, CTR Remake is coming. I would bet a silver dollar for Spyro to make a guest appearance.

With Spyro Switch being one of the worst kept secrets in gaming, things look ok. I would say we do have to consider Crash as coming first. He is a bigger deal in japan and he is the one more people are thinking of. I see Crash as our foot in the door so to speak. For us to get in wave 2, we need crash first.

Also, I have heard that Spyro RT is getting a patch. Hopefully Lost Fleet is fixed that level runs like crap.
Word, I'm glad more people feel this way

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
3DS FC
5069-3943-4140
NNID
Kubu408
I'm gonna do my part to raise awareness in the Tetris 99 Maximus Cup. My win rate is just over 33% and my user name will be Spyro4SSBU. I advise you all to do the same if you can.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
3DS FC
5069-3943-4140
NNID
Kubu408
Here's how I think Spyro's Charge would work in Smash.

Spyro's charge would be his Side Special move. Following about 10 frames of input delay, during which Spyro rears his head, Spyro will charge forwards. His charge speed will be slightly faster than Captain Falcon's running speed. He will continue to charge while the Special Button is held.

If the charge is executed in the air, Spyro will remain in place during the input delay, but his falling speed during the charge is extremely high. When on the ground, Spyro can jump during a charge, but a charge jump is only as tall as a short hop, and double jumping during the charge is impossible.

During the charge, a hitbox covers Spyro's horns for about 9% damage, and a sourspot dealing 5% damage covers the rest of his head. An enemy hit by the charge receives standard knockback with low scaling. What happens to Spyro after connecting the charge, however, depends on the total damage the target has taken.

The weight of the target is factored into an equation which outputs a percentage value known as a Size Threshold. The heavier the opponent, the higher the threshold. If the current damage of the target after being hit by the charge is lower than the Size Threshold, Spyro will bounce back after connecting the charge and the target's knockback is halved. However, if the target's damage meets or exceeds the Size Threshold, they will receive full knockback and Spyro's charge will continue uninterrupted.

Turning around during a charge takes slightly longer than turning around during a dash.

Upon releasing the charge, Spyro's momentum is briefly preserved, taking about 25 frames to return to normal, and he experiences almost no end lag. On the ground, releasing the charge will put Spyro in a dashing state.

If Spyro charges enemies that are too big and strong, the bounceback Spyro endures will cut off his flow. At best, the neutral will reset, but it's also possible for Spyro's opponent to capitalise on his mistake. However, when used on characters that are sufficiently light and/or sufficiently weakened, Spyro's charge is an excellent combo starter! This forces the Spyro player to consider the size of their opponent when deciding how to attack, much like his original games.

Outside of combat, the charge's low endlag and versatile movement options make it a great tool for mixups, which perfectly suits Spyro's character.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
NNID
NapoleonPlays
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
One of the Youtube moveset creations I watched had a brilliant idea that Sparx should be around Spyro at all times, visually reflecitng his health.

I thought that was bloody brilliant.

Sari

Smash Champion
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Long overdue but I'd like to support. I played one of the GBA games a while back and I'm hoping we get both a Switch port of the Remastered Trilogy as well as Spyro in Crash Nitro Fueled.

Ben Holt

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Spyro is too small for Smash!
What? Didn't that work for the last purple dragon?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
3DS FC
5069-3943-4140
NNID
Kubu408
With two unknowns remaining in this Fighters pass, I think it's time to accept that Spyro won't be one of them.

I've said before that there's no way that Spyro could get into Smash Bros before Crash. The only way Spyro could get in now is if Crash were Fighter Pack 4 and Spyro were Fighter Pack 5. I gotta be real, though: that would be a harsh anticlimax for far too many Smash fans.

This does not mean we should stop supporting the idea of Spyro in Smash. The fact is that Spyro could work very well as a simple yet unique and powerful fighter in Smash Bros, and we need to make it well known that this is something we want to see.

Assuming that Spyro will be in this Fighters Pass is highly unrealistic at this stage, but we can't lose hope that he will be a part of the next Smash game, or even the next Fighters Pass!

I definitely do want the last two characters to be Crash and Spyro. I've been playing through the PSX Spyro trilogy, and with today's announcements, his game's coming to Switch. So I have hope for the both of them.

UserKev

Smash Lord
The Reignited Trilogy now on Switch really makes Spyro an official Smash candidate. He's literally behind Crash now.

Intriguing, bruh.

JDCabrera

Smash Legend
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
I support Spyro mostly because of the history between him and Crash regarding the games and fandom.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I would love Spyro content in Smash, Reignited didn't quench my thirst for more Spyro content.

I would love a Spyro level that is like Persona's stage. Changing colors and theme. Would love an aquamarine stage like Wizard Peak or a pink one based on Lofty Castle.

Rt_wizard_peak.png

Don't think its likely he will be in before Crash, so, for now, I will just hope CTR's remake brings some nice new takes on classic Spyro worlds and music.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I think Spyro would be a wonderful addition to Smash. Loving the idea of a color changing Sparx. The Legend trilogy is my personal favorite and I'd really like to see some of that in his potential move set. Of course, there's no such thing as a bad Spyro so I'm sure I'd enjoy him in any form they'd choose.

Remember, just because your numbers may be small, it doesn't mean they don't matter. (We only had around 250 before E3 and Erdrick still only has 81) Anything can happen!

Anyway, he may not be what the general public would consider very likely but he's definitely what I'd call worthy.

I say go Spyro!!!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Lord
Has this already been mentioned? A question for all Spyro supporters. If Spyro were to become playable, what next newcomer would you like to see?

Personally, other than Spyro, I want to see Elora and the Rhynoc. I know Bianca is more deserving, but I feel Elora is more fit for Smash, especially personality wise. The Rhynoc has potential for a fun variety of moves.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Apprentice
I support Spyro getting in. I think he is very iconic and it'd be fun to have more characters that are quadrupeds. He's admittedly not one of my first picks but I certainly would like to see him make it on the roster.

Proceleon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
NNID
Proceleon
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Yes. Supported. Spyro is one of the only third parties I actually want so him being in Smash, however unlikely, would make my day!

Has this already been mentioned? A question for all Spyro supporters. If Spyro were to become playable, what next newcomer would you like to see?

Personally, other than Spyro, I want to see Elora and the Rhynoc. I know Bianca is more deserving, but I feel Elora is more fit for Smash, especially personality wise. The Rhynoc has potential for a fun variety of moves.
Probably Hunter for me. Always liked the guy a lot.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
3DS FC
5069-3943-4140
NNID
Kubu408
So, it's been confirmed that there will be more DLC fighters after the Fighters Pass, but there hasn't been a confirmation of a Fighters Pass 2 or any other details about the structure or distribution of the later DLC fighters. I think that this is a great boon to Spyro's chances.

We all know that Spyro's only shot at joining the roster is on the coattails of Crash Bandicoot. Obviously that's not going to happen for the Fighters Pass, but these two might just make it in as post-FP additions.

Ben Holt

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So, it's been confirmed that there will be more DLC fighters after the Fighters Pass, but there hasn't been a confirmation of a Fighters Pass 2 or any other details about the structure or distribution of the later DLC fighters. I think that this is a great boon to Spyro's chances.

We all know that Spyro's only shot at joining the roster is on the coattails of Crash Bandicoot. Obviously that's not going to happen for the Fighters Pass, but these two might just make it in as post-FP additions.
I ****in' hope so. Crash would feel incomplete without his cousin Spyro.