• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's toast those Smashers! ~ Spyro Reignites Super Smash Brothers

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I love the fact that Crash fans and Spyro fans rate each other well, lol. My Smash dream would be a dual reveal of the both of them, as incredibly unlikely as that is :p

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Crash is looking pretty likely at this stage, but he's by no means guaranteed. One thing is certain, though: If Crash is confirmed for Smash, the internet will explode with requests for Spyro. If it were up to me, I would get ahead of the curve and add Spyro straight after Crash, if not on the very same day.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
I'm one of those that would love to have Spyro first t than Crash but If Crash make it I'd be happy too... I am really surprised how popular Spyro is he's almost requested as sora in the global smash poll

D

Deleted member

Yeah I think Crash should and will happen first but there is just as much love for Spyro which is awesome too see.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I've been gradually making my rounds on support threads and I wanted to say that I definitely support Spyro! Since I was a Nintendo kid, I never had any connection to Crash, but I did have a Spyro game on the Gamecube (Enter The Dragonfly I think) and I have some fond memories of it. Since then, I finally got the reignited trilogy and the games are pretty fun! On top of that, I just really like Spyro's design. Naturally, I would expect Crash to make it in first, but if Spyro manages to come in alongside him or after him, then that would be awesome!

Anyways yeah, mark me down as a supporter!

D

Deleted member

Hoping we get a Spyro 4 within the coming months announced can’t wait.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
One of the support threads has been talking about a leak that isn't too implausible. It was text only, but it confirmed a Xenoblade 2 rep for FP10 over a month before the Nintendo Direct that revealed Pyra and Mythra. I'll hide the information in a spoiler tag.
The final Fighter Pass characters are Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter.
Apparently a Super Smash Bros livestream concert is in the planning stages, scheduled for 2022. The transcript for this concert has been leaked, and the songs chosen are arranged in order of their Smash debut. Curiously, near the end of the transcript, following Halland/Dalarna, One Winged Angel and Counterattack from XC2, are N. Sanity Island and Proof of a Hero, music from Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter respectively.
On the one hand, I am doubtful that a livestream concert would need to be planned this far in advance. I also don't see why the planners would even need to know about the unrevealed characters ahead of time. And even the leaker admits that the setlist is merely under consideration.
But I'm going to assume that this leak is plausible for now, not just because a they predicted the XC2 rep, and not just because a livestream Smash concert sounds amazing, but because it's a good exercise in tempering my expectations.
Spyro is my single most wanted Smash Bros fighter by far, and I have held onto hope that he would join the battle at the same time as Crash, or at least in close succession. The two characters have such a close history, I would probably be more upset if only one of them joined Smash than I would be if they both missed out.
So, as you can imagine, this leak is my absolute worst case scenario.
That's not to say that I would automatically be disappointed by Crash getting in. He absolutely deserves it, and he's my second most wanted character specifically because it would enable Spyro's inclusion in the future.
But, man, I cannot imagine anyone I'd want less than a Monster Hunter representative to be the last ever Ultimate fighter. I'm sure some people would be happy, but I personally would view it as a major anticlimax.
So I'm glad that this leak revealed these two ahead of time, because I couldn't realistically imagine a pairing that would cause me more despair. Thanks to this leak, I've already dealt with that despair, and I'm free from months of suspense with an unsatisfying payoff.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Crash is looking pretty likely at this stage, but he's by no means guaranteed. One thing is certain, though: If Crash is confirmed for Smash, the internet will explode with requests for Spyro. If it were up to me, I would get ahead of the curve and add Spyro straight after Crash, if not on the very same day.
I'm not too sure about that. Not many K. Rool or Banjo & Kazooie fans jumped ship to supporting Dixie or Conker after they got in. I'm sure a good number of Crash fans might move on to supporting another character whether than Spyro as that way of thinking certainly hasn't helped Dixie and Conker yet.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Spyro’s another icon/franchise though. Conker had but one game that was mainly made for shock value, and didn’t do very well.

Even if it isn’t everyone from before, many that supported K Rool did move on to supporting Dixie. A not insignificant amount.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I decided to come up with a Spirit Board concept for Spyro. Let me know what you all think?

Spyro (Fighter)
Sparx
Hunter
Elora
Bianca
Moneybags
Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley and Agent 9
Gnasty Gnorc
Ripto
Seems like a pretty good lineup. I'm curious, though, what would each's class be? And for the requisite Legend spirit, what would its unique skill be?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I thought that I would update some of my primary spirit concepts for the Spyro series.
  • Gnasty Gnorc
    • Class: Novice
    • Type: Shield
    • Slots: 2
    • Power: 1113 - 5565
    • Attack: 450 - 2250
    • Defense: 600 - 3000
    • Ability: Weight ↑
  • Elora
    • Class: Advanced
    • Type: Neutral
    • Slots: 3
    • Power: 1600 - 6400
    • Attack: 800 - 3200
    • Defense: 800 - 3200
    • Ability: [None]
  • Ripto
    • Class: Ace
    • Type: Attack
    • Power: 3080 - 9240
    • Attack: 1500 - 4500
    • Defense: 1300 - 3900
    • Ability: Fire Attack ↑
  • Bianca
    • Class: Ace
    • Type: Shield
    • Power: 2862 - 8586
    • Attack: 700 - 2100
    • Defense: 2000 - 6000
    • Ability: Jump ↑
  • Sorceress
    • Class: Legend
    • Type: Grab
    • Slots: 1
    • Power: 4876 - 12190
    • Attack: 2000 - 5000
    • Defense: 2600 - 6500
    • Ability: Magic Attack ↑

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Spyro is now visible on my poll and not on google sheets. He's a little late to the party so help catch him up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There was also that leak of a new model on an employees Instagram I think, methinks Spyro 4 is coming this year.
The best chance to know for sure would have to be during this event, I guess.

If Wumpa League ends up on the cutting room floor, I can't see what else Acti would announce other than Spyro 4.

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
The best chance to know for sure would have to be during this event, I guess.

Yeah, hopefully. Or at E3, either one. Spyro the Dragon 4: It's About Flamin' Time might be there.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Only just found this now. Bought the Reignited Trilogy, which was my first Spyro game since I played a ton of Season of Ice as a kid and loved it. Enjoyed game 1 of the trilogy a lot. Always been someone I really wanted and hope to see Spyro in Smash as a reality some day

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Spyro’s another icon/franchise though. Conker had but one game that was mainly made for shock value, and didn’t do very well.

Even if it isn’t everyone from before, many that supported K Rool did move on to supporting Dixie. A not insignificant amount.
While it's true most loyal Rare fans jumped on the Dixie Kong bandwagon after Banjo & Kazooie got in, most of the old K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie supporters jumped on the Crash bandwagon instead. The Crash thread is filled with people who use to hang out in the K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie threads.

Top Bottom