• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

D

Deleted member

I've never seen a marth that didn't even attempt to grab fox on the ground.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Question peeps.

I've been practicing shield pillaring with Fox, and switching it up in the hopes of not getting repetitive.
In battle I tend to switch between dairs and nairs from shine, then 1 or 2 waveshines to give myself and break then continue.

Is the uair good in this case? Its two solid hits, and i figure if used on the shield it could do some serious damage. Am I wrong to use/think this?

D

Deleted member

try jabs cancels and multishining before you do aerial shine aerial, you'll get shieldgrabbed all over.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Mow Speaks correctness. (edit: Duh, when does he ever not?) Also, the uair and nair work well when full hopped. (one rep only). I've only had bad experience with jab cancels, but multishining works great for me.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
try jabs cancels and multishining before you do aerial shine aerial, you'll get shieldgrabbed all over.
Jab cancelled jabs? You mean crouching after each? I'll just get shield grabbed anyway...

If you aerial out of your shine continuously, they can't shield grab you all over...i thought...
because the shine beats the shield grab everytime.

the shine is 1 frame, the grab isn't. Right?

Multi-shining isn't easy to do 100% perfect. Its not reliable. When I say shield pillar, I mean like Falco. Own the shield till they decide to drop it or it breaks.

I'm talking about 100% guarantee'd shield pressure. Not spam jump and shine attempting to multi-shine and hoping you don't full hop. If i keep aerialing their sheild, they'll be caught by the dril+the shine at the end over and over and over again.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Anyone could say the same to you, way to be a hypocrite.

Anyway, let's discuss how being a good player causes other players to suddenly forget how to recover properly, and how shine out of shield ***** Marth rediculously:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ihtsowGIxo
Didn't I already mention this and link to this very video mere pages ago? Yes I did, post #86. This thread is going in circles.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Jab cancelled jabs? You mean crouching after each? I'll just get shield grabbed anyway...

If you aerial out of your shine continuously, they can't shield grab you all over...i thought...
because the shine beats the shield grab everytime.

the shine is 1 frame, the grab isn't. Right?

Multi-shining isn't easy to do 100% perfect. Its not reliable. When I say shield pillar, I mean like Falco. Own the shield till they decide to drop it or it breaks.

I'm talking about 100% guarantee'd shield pressure. Not spam jump and shine attempting to multi-shine and hoping you don't full hop. If i keep aerialing their sheild, they'll be caught by the dril+the shine at the end over and over and over again.
Perhaps you should read my thread detailing fox's shield pressure options, and why they all suck. (except for multishining - even then it's not 100%, it is still escapable via spot dodge). Fox's "pillar" is really easy to shield grab out of. Falco's is pretty easy too. fox's dair blows for pressuring shields.

Brookman

Smash Hero
With a little practice it becomes easy to just grab people after they shine, so it's best to just shine and jc grab or shine and gtfo. What you can also do is shine and short hop out with a drill and DI away to space yourself and hope the go for a grab, though I don't recommend doing this against marth or anyone with a longer grab range.

Seriously though, shine to GTFO is too good.

Didn't I already mention this and link to this very video mere pages ago? Yes I did, post #86. This thread is going in circles.
Cort just thinks he's really cool, and just needed to mask his spam/harassment with something on topic. ****ing **** head!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
GTFO?

& Man I'm confused...

I've always thought that aerial shine beats shield grabs. I naturally figured that if I just did it repeadtedly they couldn't do anything. I mean, I see all this info your telling me...but I don't understand.

They can't grab you during your drill...because you'll hit them, or after it because you'll shine. Even if they try after the shine, won't the drill hit them first? Plus, the hits of the drill should lock them in place, in which case they can't do anything anyways because the shine is faster than anything they can do out of their shield.

lol and i thought i knew Fox well.

*reads Scotu's thread*

technomancer

Smash Champion
No, they can always grab you after the shine. Drill doesn't come out that fast. Or they can just roll away. Plus you have to time the jump and C-stick perfectly, they just have to hit A.

Possible shield break combo: Drillshine, Multishine, JC usmash?

Cort

Apple Head
Cort just thinks he's really cool, and just needed to mask his spam/harassment with something on topic.
Lol Brookman, way to continue to be an obnoxious douche for no reason. ;)

I introduced a new aspect to that video, and that is how good players are intimidating and cause players who are not completely focused to mess up the simplest of things. Otherwise, shine out of shield with Fox against Marth is basically useless in the situations that PC tried to abuse (he failed a few times, as you can see in the video)

But on top of the fact that he's PC, the way he edge gaurds Marth is usually to keep him guessing at whether or not he's going to edge hog, or do weird things like hard shield facing the wrong way. There is an aspect of randomness and creativity, and since Marth's recovery is either get the ledge or get on the stage, he panics and chooses one quickly, or in some cases messes up a sweet spot. I think this is pretty vital when playing Fox and edge gaurding with him.

You should learn to read posts better, and maybe consider Shai Hulud's post to be spam and tell him to stop in a private message.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Lol Brookman, way to continue to be an obnoxious douche for no reason. ;)
^_______________^

;)

I'm pretty sure that trying to pillar with fox has been well established as foolish. Throwing it in every so often would be alright, but it's definitely not something you should ever consider to be an important aspect of his game play. Unlike up throw bair to up tilt.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Brookman said:
I'm pretty sure that trying to pillar with fox has been well established as foolish. Throwing it in every so often would be alright, but it's definitely not something you should ever consider to be an important aspect of his game play. Unlike up throw bair to up tilt.
Thats a crack-combo. Only crazy foxes would attempt that.

Do you mean uthrow > full-hopped FFed bair on FFallers to utilt?

:psycho: impossible

Brookman

Smash Hero
Well, I believe in most scenarios a platform is involved, and it's against floaters, and probably anyone but fast fallers.

I guess PC has a crack fox, eh?

I wish videos of pc vs. m2k from the more recent tournaments were available. :mad:

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Against Marth?

Grab -> Uthrow -> Uair juggling to 80% on normal ceilings,
death on a low ceiling :D

Works every time.

Brookman

Smash Hero
this thread fails at everything. I'll have to organize my thoughts better next time I attempt to make a serious topic for discussion of whatever.

Thank you friends and fellow fux players.

So yea, how about nair to up smash? or nair to up tilt? I do nair to up smash a lot, it ***** fast fallers and floaters all around. At low percents of course.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
nair>uptilr>uair is too good I usually don't use nair>up smash unless they're on pretty high percentages where the upsmash will surely kill them

Zephyr

Smash Lord
On Spacies...

Up-throw, u-tilt (jab afterwards if you want to reset), u-throw, u-smash, u-smash, u-air. Takes them to 80 everytime if you can land this and plus it's not that difficult to do.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Don't think of strings. You can't land them unless the opponent D.is horribly. Relying on that situational combo stuffz isn't so good.

i've actually been spamming uthrow to waveshine -> usmash -> etc. on FFallers. KDJ's Fox vids helped me :D

Cort

Apple Head
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *head explodes*

Bair or nair is almost always situationally better to continue a combo after a uthrow from my experience against floaties/spacies, except in the situation where a uair or possibly usmash would kill. Bairs usually lead to some more really interesting setups (usually utilt or possibly another bair, regrab if you see it coming) not to mention lead to many edge guard opportunities if it happens to lead off the stage.

However, if your opponent is not prone to smash DIing out of up airs, then abuse that as much as you like, it's simpler and gets the job done faster (usually?). This is the only reason I stay away from uairs at non killable %s.

The uthrow -> shine -> usmash combo is over complicated and flashy. Why not just thunders combo out of it instead? Just play it safe and either chain grab/up smash right away or what have you.

If it's a friendly then do whatever the **** you want. If it's a tournament match then you have to basically be in KoreanDJ's position to be able to pull that off with style, since PC at the time didn't see that kind of randomness coming (granted I still think it's not very smart)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
well, against falcos i tend to play really cheaply i guess you would say.

grab --> u throw --> usmash. if they miss the tech, do another usmash, if they tech, techchase it, grab, usmash again, or start chain grabbing.

There's lots of easy things you can do, you just have to play smart.

If they do an illusion for a recovery, just do an up tilt to back air, that usually does pretty good.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
On Spacies...

Up-throw, u-tilt (jab afterwards if you want to reset), u-throw, u-smash, u-smash, u-air. Takes them to 80 everytime if you can land this and plus it's not that difficult to do.
That **** is so easy to DI out

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
when their over 100 you can't really combo with the utilt for ledge-guards.

At that percentage it constitutes as an actual killing move.
well, i mean when you get to higher percentages, you could always up smash rather than the utilt for a secure kill, but i guess that only works if you've gotten used to their recovery pattern.

if their around the 60-70 percentile range, you could always and downsmash, which would send them downwards off the stage, setting up an easy shine, or loss of a stock.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
If you get the spacie around 20 percent, they can't jump out of the first up-smash you did before you can do another up-smash. Trust me, I have MASTERED this combo and made it into a freaking art. I'm kind of notorious for my upsmash in San Diego. >_>

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If you get the spacie around 20 percent, they can't jump out of the first up-smash you did before you can do another up-smash. Trust me, I have MASTERED this combo and made it into a freaking art. I'm kind of notorious for my upsmash in San Diego. >_>
Is this a joke? You're famous for being able to uthrow => usmash => usmash?

Wow, I need to move to San Diego.

Top Bottom