• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let’s Make Fighter’s Pass 3: A Mini-Creation Thread

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Master Chief:

There’s already a ton of places saying why he should be in smash so I won’t go too in detail here, but pretty much, his series is one of the best received shooters ever and he’s considered the main mascot for the Xbox. I think it would be great to get a character who hasn’t been on nintendo as our final character and overall he’s just a pretty cool character.

With that, I’ll finish this job. Here are your options for Job #37. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in second or last place.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Adventurer
Megadoomer Megadoomer Doomguy
cashregister9 cashregister9 Hatsune Miku
Perkilator Perkilator Cinderace
Paraster Paraster Tabuu
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Master Chief

My votes:
1. Adventurer
2. Chief
3. Miku

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Master Chief
2. Doomguy
3. Cinderace

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #37 voting:
Adventurer 5
Doomguy 4
Miku 3
Cinderace 6
Tabuu 3
Master Chief 15

And so our final challenger pack will be Master Chief!
We’ll actually start with his classic mode for this challenger pack so we don’t have to do it later. Here’s the job;:

Job #38: Submit A Classic Mode For Master Chief
Submit what you think should be Chief’s classic mode. Please submit each battle and explain the route.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Finishing the Fight will win by default. Now onto the next job:

Job #39: Submit A List Of Spirits For Master Chief
Submit what you think should be Master Chief’s spirit list. All you need to submit are the characters, you don’t need to explain the battles. There’s a limit of 15 spirits.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here’s my spirits list:
1. Master Chief (Fighter Spirit)
2. Terrence Hood (:ultdoc:)
3. Cortana (:ultwiifittrainer:)
4. Avery Johnson (:ultsnake:)
5. Miranda Keyes (:ultdaisy:)
6. 343 Guilty Spark (:ultmetaknight:)
7. Spartans (I assume when we do chief’s alts we’ll give him some based on the halo reach spartans so I’ll just put them here)
8. Ministers ( :ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultganondorf:)
9. Covenant Army (:ultganondorf:&:ultivysaur: Horde battle)
10. Arbiter (:ultridley:)
11. Flood (:ultivysaur: Horde Battle)
12. Gravemind (:ultkrool:)

It’s also been over 24 hours so I’ll likely finish this job soon.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'm not very knowledgeable on Halo, so I'm mostly gonna sit out any jobs related to Master Chief.

That said, remind me what to do with one of our fighters if CP11 turns out to be one of them? We replace that fighter, right?
Yeah, if we have enough time before the character gets added we’ll finish up the challenger pack and then do a new one who we vote on.

If we’re done everything and a character in one of our packs get in we’ll go back to doing this thread to do one for a new character.

Anyways my Master Chief spirits list will be used by default. Now onto the next job:

Job #40: Submit A Music List For Master Chief
Submit what you think should be Master Chief’s music list. The limit is 35 music tracks.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission:
Halo (Halo: Combat Evolved)
Enough Dead Heroes (Halo: Combat Evolved)
Halo - MJONIR Mix (Halo 2)
Blow Me Away (Halo 2)
Last of the Brave (Halo 3)
Behold a Pale Horse (Halo 3)
Finish the Fight (Halo 3)
Overture (Halo Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo Reach)
Spirit of Fire (Halo Wars)
Awakening (Halo 4)
Faithless (Halo 4)
Kamchatka (Halo 5: Guardians)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My master chief music list will be used by default:

Job #41: Submit A Classic Mode For Phoenix Wright
Submit what you think should be Phoenix's classic mode. Please submit each battle and the boss.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #41: Guilty Until Proven Innocent (fights alongside characters who were falsely accused of a crime; Nick loses if his defendant is K.O.'d)
Round 1: :ultbowserjr: (team battle w/:ultmario:) on The Courtroom (Delfino Plaza)
Round 2: Dr. Eggman and :ultsonic: (Color 5) (team battle w/:ultsonic:) on The Courtroom (Escape from the City)
Round 3: :ultmetaknight: (Color 8) (team battle w/:ultmetaknight:) on The Courtroom (Dark Meta Knight Battle)
Round 4: :ultcorrinf: (team battle w/:ultcorrin:) on The Courtroom (Lost in Thoughts All Alone)
Round 5: Giant Color 8 :ultkirby: (team battle w/:ultkingdedede:) on The Courtroom (King Dedede's Theme (Brawl))
Round 6: :ultganondorf: (team battle w/:ultbowser:) on The Courtroom (Boss Battle Song 2)
Final Round:
Master Hand.png
Crazy Hand.png
(team battle w/Phoenix (Color 3)) on The Courtroom Ω (Pursuit ~ Cornered)
Credits: Ace Attorney Medley

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #41: Submit A Stage For Master Chief
Simply submit what you think should be Master Chief’s stage. Please submit the location and the layout.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Blood Gulch

One of the most famous Halo Multiplayer maps

The stage takes place on top of one of the 2 fortresses, in the background you can see a battle between the UNSC and The Covenant, on the platform you are on you can see soldiers sniping, Gearing up, etc. And rarely you can see 343 Guilty Spark, If Guilty Spark is present The covenant and the UNSC start to fight the Flood as well.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m gonna submit my phoenix classic mode and I’ll finish the job. Then once we’re done the halo stage job we’ll do bandana Dee’s clsssic mode so we can fully focus on master chief.

Anyways the mode is titled Turna-Bout. It’s meant to tell a story of mario being falsely accused like what happens in sunshine and Phoenix defending him. Unless I say otherwise just assume you’re teamed up with Mario for each round.

Round 1: A fight on Delfino Plaza against a horde of Inklings.

Round 2: A fight against Bowser Jr also on delfino plaza. The stage is completely covered in ink, presumably from the last fight

Round 3: A horde battle on delfino against a bunch of Snake’s and one Bowser Jr. This is supposed to represent the police catching you.

Round 4: A battle against Wolf, Ridley and Ganondorf on Unova Pokemon League. This is supposed to represent mario in prison.

Round 5: Back on delfino, you fight against phoenix in his edgeworth alt. You aren’t teamed up with mario here and items will spawn in. This is supposed to represent the investigation.

Round 6: Bonus. I just feel like right at the investigation would be a good place to put it.

Round 7: A fight against phoenix’s edgeworth alt and bowser (the obviously biased witness) on the courtroom stage

Round 8: A battle against Giga Bowser and Bowser Jr on the final destination version of courtroon

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My classic route will be used. Now I’ll do my halo stage submission:
East African Protectorate (Halo)

1628648788469.jpeg

The area from the beginning of Halo 3. You play in an area that looks like the image, but with a couple of platforms. Some human soldiers and covenant soldiers will appear on the background fighting. Sometimes covenant soldiers will appear and try to attack you.

With that I’ll finish this job. Here’s the poll for the halo stage:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Blood Gulch will be the Halo stage. Now onto bandana Dee’s classic mode:

Job #42: Submit A Classic Mode For Bandana Dee
Submit what hat you think should be Bandana Dee’s classic mode route. Please submit each battle and explain the theme for the mode.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee Classic Mode

All of those Star Allies are with Me!
(Each round has Bandana Dee fight characters based on Dream Friends from Kirby Star Allies.)
Round 1: :ultduckhunt: (default - Rick and Coo) :ultsquirtle: (blue - Kine) on Dream Land (Green Gardens) (Kirby Retro Medley)
Round 2: :ultkirby: (blue - Gooey) :ultrosalina: (green - Adeleine & Ribbon) on Tortimer Island (Reef Resort) (Ripple Red)
Round 3: :ultmetaknight: (grey - Dark Meta Knight) :ultpikachu: (glasses - Daroach) on Find Mii (Sacred Square) (Dark Meta Knight Battle)
Round 4: :ultness: (blue - Magolor) :ultlucario: (green - Taranza) :ultisabelle: (pink - Susie) on The Great Cave Offensive (Planet Caverna) (Revenge of the Enemy)
Round 5: :ulticeclimbers: (blue - Francisca) :ultroy: (red - Flamberge) :ultrobinf: (yellow - Zan Partizanne) on Kalos Pokemon League (The Divine Terminus) (Song of Supplication)
Round 6: :ultkirby: :ultmetaknight: :ultkingdedede: on Clash At Castle Dedede (King Dedede's Theme (Brawl))
Final Round: Marx (Vs. Marx)
Credits Image: Bandana Dee posing in front of Whispy Woods on Green Greens, with the other playable Kirby characters standing beside him. (Dededestroyer Z)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #42: A Friend to All!
(BWD fights characters who join you after starting as enemies)

Round 1: :ultdarkpit: on Reset Bomb Forest (Dark Pit’s Theme)
Round 2: :ultmarth: (Color 2) (team battle w/:ultdarkpit:) on :castlesiege: (Story 5 Meeting)
Round 3: :ultmewtwo: (team battle w/:ultmarth:) on :spearpillar: (Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue Medley)
Round 4: :ultbowser: (team battle w/:ultmewtwo:) on Paper Mario (Tough Guy Alert!)
Round 5: :ultkirby:x12 (horde battle; team battle w/:ultbowser:) on Green Greens (Vs. Sphere Doomer)
  • Each Kirby, save for the last one (who’s Giant), uses a different Copy Ability for each of the Original 12
Round 6: :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: (team battle w/Kirby) on Fountain of Dreams (A Battle of Friends and Bonds 2)
Final Round: Marx (team battle w/ :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:) (Sullied Grace)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We’re gonna use “A Friend For All” as bandana dee’s classic mode. Now let’s move onto the next job:
Job #43: Submit A Moveset For Master Chief
Just submit a moveset for Master Chief. All you need to submit are the specials but you can do more if you want.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here's my Master Chief moveset:

Neutral Special: Assault Rifle

See the source image

Master Chief takes out an assault rifle and fires it forward for a few seconds. You cannot move when you use this attack. He has infinite ammo for this attack, however if you press the button five times he will have to take a second to reload.

Side Special: Shotgun
See the source image

He takes out a shotgun and fires a heavy blast

Up Special: Gravity Lift

See the source image

Master Chief floats upwards on a gravity lift for a couple seconds then shoots up. He's able to attack but not jump during this move.

Down Special: Plasma Grenade

See the source image

He reaches below then tosses a plasma grenade up and forward. The plasma grenade is pretty much a nerfed version of the item we already have.

Final Smash: Warthog
See the source image

He swings a gravity hammer forward. This leads into a cinematic where the opponent is in a desert and a warthog vehicle zooms by. The soldiers repeatedly shoot the opponents and fire a heavy turret at them.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, sorry that job took so long, we’re going to move onto the next one now with my moveset winning by default.

Job #44: Submit A List For Alternate Colours For Master Chief
Submit what you think should be the alternate colours for Master Chief. Please submit every colour and explain what they’re a reference to.

And yeah, this is the second last job of this thread!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well, looks like we’re gonna get to do one more fighters pass to replace Sora!

I see this as an absolute win.

We’ll do it once Master Chief is done. I’ll submit some alts and finish that job soon.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay here’s my submission, which will be used by default since no one else is submitting any:
1. Default
2. Red armor
3. Blue armor (I think it’s kinda obvious what these last two reference
4. Black armor (a reference to the armor other spartans wear)
5. Teal armor (a reference to Cortana)
6. Gold armor (not a reference to anything in particular, just gives us more variety of colors)
7. White armor (a reference to 343 guilty spark
8. Pink armor (again just to give him some variety)

Now for the last job of master chief’s challenger pack:
Job #45: Submit A List of Mii Costumes For Master Chief
Submit what you think should be Master Chief’s mii costumes. Please submit each costume and what type they are. There’s a limit of 6 costumes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chief costumes
  1. King Dice (Brawler, masked - music track: Die House (Vocal))
  2. Rash (Brawler, masked)
  3. Conker (Three-way, chainsaw for swordfighter and blowtorch for gunner, masked)
  4. Voodoo Vince (Swordfighter, masked, uses a pin - music track: On Fire)
  5. Windows Fan Pack (Clippy mask and Windows XP sweater) (Clippy mask fully replaces head like a "deluxe" would, parts bundled but not inherently intended to go together)
  6. Cacodemon Hat (Hat)
I try to keep extra songs to indies but Voodoo Vince music is too good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Arbiter (Sword)
2. Marcus Fenix (Mix)
3. Conker (Brawler)
3. Joanna Dark (Gun)
4. Fullgore (Brawler)
6. Duke Nukem (Gun)

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The mii costumes of @Darkonedagger will be used and with that were done all of Master Chief’s fighter pass. Now we have one more challenger pack since sora got in and so…

Job #46: Submit A Character For Challenger Pack 13
Submit which character you think should be our challenger pack 13. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in smash ultimate

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PaRappa the Rapper

A "celebration of gaming" is incomplete without Sony on board, and who better to represent PlayStation than the founding sire of the rhythm game genre? PaRappa would be a weak and light but speedy and swift fighter who uses Chop Chop Master Onion's karate and radi-cool skateboard tricks while referencing skills he's learned in raps. His inclusion could be an important moment in overall gaming fandom as it would be a gateway drug for Nintendo's Smash-obsessed fandom to dip their toes into the world of PlayStation, showing that Sony's world has just as many silly and surreal heroes as Nintendo's.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ryu Hayabusa

How would he work?

Smash Bros. lends itself well to characters who originate from 2D platformers (ex. Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus, etc.), action games (ex. Bayonetta), and fighting games (ex. Ryu, Ken, Terry) in terms of making the transition from their original games into Smash Bros., and Ryu Hayabusa happens to represent all three genres, between his NES titles, the more modern Ninja Gaiden games, and Dead or Alive, respectively. In addition to his Dragon Sword, he has a wide variety of melee weapons, tools, and ninpo techniques to work with. I could see him being speedy (he's a ninja - it tends to come with the territory) but very light (both for balancing reasons and to reflect the infamous difficulty of his series), though I feel like it's best to leave gameplay specifics for when we get to the moveset.

However, he would have a ton of material to work with - the NES games may only give him a few options (a standing and crouching attack, two air attacks, and some specials), but between the lengthy movesets of the 3D games (with each weapon having a lot of attacks to work with - this video just covers one weapon) and his bare-handed fighting style in Dead or Alive, he's got no shortage of moves. Also, he has an easy choice for an alternate skin with his classic outfit.

Why him?

Ryu Hayabusa has history with Nintendo stretching back to the NES days, and is the quintessential ninja in video games. Koei-Tecmo's had a close relationship with Nintendo, especially in recent years (they were involved with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Fire Emblem: Three Houses), and while I'm not the type to get into games that are known to be difficult (the only one in this series that I've played is NG3: Razor's Edge on the Wii U, and that was only after I heard that it was the easiest one), he seems like an easily justifiable pick and the most obvious choice for Koei-Tecmo as a whole.

I nominated Hayabusa before, but now that Ultimate's wrapped up, it seems especially weird that he didn't even get a spirit or a Mii costume, given Koei-Tecmo's long history in the industry and how much they've collaborated with Nintendo. He really seems like he should be here in some form, whether you view Smash as a celebration of Nintendo or gaming as a whole.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Resubmitting an old submission:
Job #37: Challenger Pack 13
View attachment 330857

Cinderace (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
Now, before you click away, hear me out.

It's no secret that Gen 8 has had...mixed feelings since 2019, to put it lightly. However, I still think Cinderace is a bit overhated. It's become a rising star as of late (being prominently featured in marketing since it's been made public), and it would be unique on its own as a character based on a soccer player.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I was tempted to resubmit Neku since our Mii Costume list for Sora is dead, but I feel like another submission of mine would allow for more variety and cover a couple niches that have remained untouched.
View attachment 329410Challenger Pack #16 #13

Reimu Hakurei
(Touhou)

One of the big iconic indies (standing alongside Undertale, Cave Story, and Shovel Knight), Touhou has been around for longer than any of the above and become a huge success despite official games having as few as one single man at the helm. Reimu would appeal strongly to the Japanese market (where most of the franchise's fame lies), honor the indie scene, and add representation for a new genre among fighters (shoot-em-ups/danmaku).

Reimu has a lot of options for attacks, particularly if you look to the official Touhou fighting games for inspiration. She can whack people with her gohei and unleash a variety of magical projectile attacks. Reimu could be a powerful zoner--potentially with options to counter-zone as well to reflect how Touhou is all about dodging and defeating opponents who shoot more projectiles than you've ever seen.

And of course, Touhou is also famous for its music. Examples here.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Recruit (Fortnite)

Infamy is still famous, and A Fortnite character is definitely infamous.

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Gordon. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage. The Recruit would be heavier but not slow and has a good jump, their move set could revolve around item management and pure survival.

Top Bottom