• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legacy 3 Installment#5 USA East Coast out now!!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It's a hard matchup, I don't blame Marth players picking up a Sheik counter (lolwutsheikcounter?) just to compete against Sheiks.

Sheik used to be one of my strongest matchups with Marth before I made the switch to Fox for reasons unrelated to Sheik. (I needed a better teams character)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's a hard matchup, I don't blame Marth players picking up a Sheik counter (lolwutsheikcounter?) just to compete against Sheiks.

Sheik used to be one of my strongest matchups with Marth before I made the switch to Fox for reasons unrelated to Sheik. (I needed a better teams character)
I get what you saying.

On a different note. I will not be able to post the trailer to legacy 3 until after Christmas.

Dart!

Smash Master

I would use fox in teams but i hate how he takes one hit and then he's combo food for everyone on the screen because of his hitstun plus how little room there is to begin with.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Plenty of Marths beating Sheiks these days. ;)

I agree teams is a much bigger reason to pick up a secondary.
well.....Not from what I see and at least not in the sets that matter.:urg:

Not to mention the general skill difference in the players. If you use a grade system

a D lvl sheik fights even with a C level Marth.

C sheik gives problems to B level Marths

B Level Sheiks usually beat A level Marth's(except A+ Marths)

A Sheiks vs A+ Marths (Almost never happens anymore but is seemingly 50/50)

S Sheik vs S Marth won't happen.(unless other Marth's get as good as M2K or (Amsah plays M2K in tournament. A few times)

oh yeah and some other sheiks have to get as good as Amsah and M2K/KK and such.

Niko45

Smash Master
No I think that's not really accurate. Marths are doing better and better at it. Some of that just looks made up (idk how you're classifying these tiers of marth/sheik players but w/e), plus I don't know what you mean by sets that "matter."

Fact is Marth was practically abandoned as a character a couple years ago (Marth mains quit/switched characters + no new Marth mains to replace them) but now finally some Marths are starting to catch up and the matchup has gotten more competitive again.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No I think that's not really accurate. Marths are doing better and better at it. Some of that just looks made up (idk how you're classifying these tiers of marth/sheik players but w/e), plus I don't know what you mean by sets that "matter."

Fact is Marth was practically abandoned as a character a couple years ago (Marth mains quit/switched characters + no new Marth mains to replace them) but now finally some Marths are starting to catch up and the matchup has gotten more competitive again.
Yeah I'll give you that much. I was more or less being...sarcastic about the results anyway. And You don't have to explain Marth or his death/resurrection to me I know it all too well my friend....It's not like I haven't been doing this legacy series at all.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i didnt know marth could moonwalk. It seems hella hard cause i can never get my marth to moonwalk lol

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OobUV9q0aDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TAxm00jOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7G4hEJAqQY
Legacy 3 music :shrugs:
OR
you can pick about 5 songs and we vote on them,
No bad. I don't want to decide the Music this time So I think I'll just have everyone post Music they think should be used and then we'll all vote at a later time. As for the 3rd song I already used it in Apex Highlights with Alt music video I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrIRqCgivkI

see? lol

I will say right now though I refuse to use Linkin Park or anything related. It's been overdone.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I would use fox in teams but i hate how he takes one hit and then he's combo food for everyone on the screen because of his hitstun plus how little room there is to begin with.
I just pick up Sheik instead -.-

Fox is hard for me to use in teams in small stages like YS or BF

If I get hit, I just run away/camp the ledge and I'm usually fine.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
From now Till Sometime Late January you have as long as you want to post Music and more vids of course. Afterwards we'll start narrowing down and Vote.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I've decided that music for Marth vids sucks. Wtf is all this anime dramatic crap. I know Marth is a queen and all, but seriously. Unnecessary.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I made a new Kara no Kyoukai mix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36N1KbmglKg

It uses like 8 songs.

please, please, PLEASE use it.

uh.....I'm making an ending tomorrow lol. Sorry about that (right now I only have the looped one)
Impresive...you made that? How?

I've decided that music for Marth vids sucks. Wtf is all this anime dramatic crap. I know Marth is a queen and all, but seriously. Unnecessary.
lol If you don't want that to be the music perhaps you should post some new ones? BTW you made it into the Trailer....twice. :p

@broly almost missed your post. I can't remember the last time someone used a song like that in a Marth vid...Not since he got the label of "gay" lololol. I can do anything though. Depends on who wins the vote.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Ya, I'm totally complaining but I can't find anything that really screams out "use me in a Marth vid". I'm still looking though. :)

And ya! I saw me being in there twice lol. Upsmash comboooooo

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ya, I'm totally complaining but I can't find anything that really screams out "use me in a Marth vid". I'm still looking though. :)

And ya! I saw me being in there twice lol. Upsmash comboooooo
lol. Sorry I had to choose between that and a typical combo that was pretty good....but I chose that. :cool:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Impresive...you made that? How?

Goldwave and like 2 weeks of amateur editing. :)

Oh, and I'll have you know...the chanting is Latin, not Japanese. It's the language Japanese people use when they want a "cool foreign language that nobody understands."

Sorry I couldn't actually contribute gameplay vids lol. I'll definitely make sure to get some at Noob3 in 2 weeks.

Broly

Smash Lord
that song i put is so legit. i know what you mean bout marth being gay, but its time to display some dominance and pure ownage. music would work =]

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
edit: Screw it, I'm sticking with my original suggestion lol

Listen to heart of sword anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJ348fFYW4
It's been suggested by dart already.

Nice trailer spam! Can't wait to see the full product.
thanks appreciate the love from you all. TBH when I first started this thread I didn't think It would've turned out like this. I half expected it to die/get deleted.

best suggestion so far imo:awesome:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
It's been suggested by dart already.

thanks appreciate the love from you all. TBH when I first started this thread I didn't think It would've turned out like this. I half expected it to die/get deleted.

best suggestion so far imo:awesome:
Yeah......I thought it was gonna die too lol. Kanelol is making a video just like Legacy but for Falco. Im trying to get in on that too :)
I'm really glad you stuck with it. Do you have enough clips for a full video? Or do ya need more? And how long are you planning on making the video?

Top Bottom