• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm satisfied with McFox for toDay. I've changed my mind on one thing I had to say, so I'll just leave it out for now.

vote McFox
uncap Chaco

Carrots, people. Chaco might just need to be spurred. To be honest, I'd prefer Kataefi, since he actually has participated, but we're repeating Day 2 all over again.

Rockin, this is a bit late in coming, but Kevin doesn't have anything to give from his questions. Much like Ronike, he was gauging reactions (albeit secondarily) and wanting questions and discussion (primarily, and unlike Ronike). What differentiates him from McFox (in the emulation of Ronike) is the fact that Kevin's questions (some of them at least) don't make sense from an "Assume Kevin is scum" perspective. I don't think they were scummy, in a breadcrumb sense, since they provide "information" that is contrary to what appears to be the scum's tactics; specifically, full-spread incaps. The alternative would be pile-on incaps to prevent clears. Think about it; the prime accusation of the questionnaire's scumminess is that it provides who-to-incap info. So, where is the direction? The most efficient method would be to indicate personal incap targets (which I realized around Daybreak that was what Mentos was alluding to when referring to breadcrumbing. Up to that point I was looking for hidden directions.) Kevin just said "Looking good man, I like the way you look with that bandana on." The only other possibility that explicitly refers to himself is his Macman question. However, as we can tell from the incaps, the scum didn't all pile-on Macman. I'll show why that matters later. All that's left would be giving directions. Assuming that Kevin is scum for this part, otherwise, he wouldn't be breadcrumbing in the first place. The best ways without private communication to indicate incaps and/or pools of incaps would be a question-and-response format (Like to McFox, unlikely, given that it directly links names, and any overlap causes confusion [full-spread], or would be a dead giveaway [pile-on]), target indication by associating their names in an indirect way, such as his question to Macman (who would you uncap of these certain people [the actual answer doesn't matter, just that the names are both there. Most likely. This would only work if there was only one scum present in any given list]), and overlapping questions to present a target pool (similar to first option, but adds wifom element of who he was talking to. Example would be his question to me, Mayling and S2/Handorin. Still unlikely due to conflict with desire).

I think Kevin is a survivor. "16. The Marsh King: Top 3 lynch candidates and why." This didn't mean much to me at the time it was said, but in the meantime I have learned that Kevin and Marsh King tend to think alike when they are both town. I think Kevin was feeling out Marshy, to get an idea of whether or not he was a survivor too. Although it appears that Marshy didn't answer, in a way, he did. Specifically, he said he was bothered by Gheb, agreed with Circus's thinking, and wanted a Frozen post (presumably to get a read on him; lynch candidate would provide pressure). Kevin noticed that Marshy was indirect, as you can see in his responses to Mayling, and wanted something more. In fact, the whole nature of his reasoning for "wanting to lynch" Marshy seemed like a giant suggestion to open up and see if they correlated. One of the more telling points, however, is his response to May's who-to-incap reverse-question. He said, "I will most definitely try and hit the same targets my teammates are because that way i minimize the number of clears that town can work with the next day." Nothing else that I saw indicated a contradiction to this, in a breadcrumb to partners sense, so I'm assuming it's either his true feelings, or he has partners that would just KNOW his true intent (which I just can't see, based on who's left). So, either he has two partners that he can't read AND they don't agree with him and are actively incapping contrary to his wishes, or he isn't scum.

Oh, on an unrelated note for Marsh King, when you said, "avy so good need to see more of it", did you mean the source? It was from a Touhou fan comic called "Herada" by Hole of Yago, specifically #34 - Scoop.

I was going to mention this in AIM that one time, but I wasn't sure if that would have been appropriate or not, so I'll just put it in the thread to err on the side of caution. If you meant post more, then, OK.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Uncap Count:
[1] Chaco (Cello_Marl)
L-4 [4] Kataefi (KevinM, Xiivi, Pythag, Gheb_01)
[0] The Marsh King ()

[9] Not Uncapping (Chaco, Mayling, mentosman8, Circus, Kataefi, frozenflame751, Rockin, McFox, The Marsh King)

Vote Count:
[5] Not Voting (Chaco*, Mayling?, Pythag*, Kataefi?, Rockin?)
L-3 [5] McFox (frozenflame751, The Marsh King, mentosman8, Cello_Marl, KevinM)
[2] Circus (Xiivi*)
[1] frozenflame751 (McFox)
[1] Xiivi (Circus*)
[1] mentosman8 (Gheb_01?)
[0] Rockin ()
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Kataefi ()
[0] Cello_Marl ()
[0] Gheb_01 ()
[0] Pythag ()
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Chaco ()
[0] The Marsh King ()

* = expressed suspicion of McFox
? = dunno opinion on McFox

Mayling's been lurking all Day 3. Circus is an ideal lynch for today, however no one else seems interested besides Gheb/Kevin who've both left the wagon. Don't remember any Rockin posts about McFox issue.

Rereading Ronike vs. McFox I don't see it as TvS knowing that Ronike is town. Looking it over honestly don't expect McFox to flip scum, and Cello's post about Kevin has me re-evaluating things, especially since McFox/Kevin were both oranges. McFox's AtE stuff is bad sure, but looking at D1 I really don't think it's TvS with McFox as scum.

Need to go look at vote/not vote patterns again and colour stuff, but think Circus/Frozen connection + maybe Mayling or like Rockin even. Think one of those lynches needs to happen, especially Circus lynch.

Also when copying vote count noticed this:

"With 14 alive, it takes 8 to uncap and 8 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, January 20th, Noon EST!"

Thought it was just most votes, not actual majority. People need to start uncapping. Most of my suspicions aren't uncapping either. Think everyone who is uncapping at this point in time is probably town. Think people not doing so are just waiting to sheep at end of day & blame others for clears not saying enough because we discouraged them. Very likely no scum is uncapping right now.

Need to go back and look at the early D2 uncap wagon and see who was uncapping then and not uncapping now.

Still have a week to convince you all to lynch Circus; people who are okay with Circus lynch please support.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Considering how ****ty my reads are today, my list of potential list candidates is pretty large. If I were to lynch someone based on their lack of utility IMO as a cleared townie, I'd have to go with any of the followig: Pythag, Mayling, Vyse, Kataefi, Xiivi. Nothing personal, but I just feel like I'd be able to learn the least from anything they'd have to say as a cleared town player.
mmm, okay maybe not Mayling, still think she's looking more scummy in her own right, but maybe not if FF is scum

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Uncap Count:
[0] Macman ()
[0] Handorin
[10] The Marsh King (Circus, Ronike, Gheb_01, Xiivi, Handorin, Pythag, KevinM, Mentosman8, Chaco, Kataefi)

[7] Not Uncapping (Mayling, The Marsh King, frozenflame751, Cello_Marl, Rockin, McFox, Macman)
ugh, only Circus & lots of town :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Mediocre, Frozen, Cello, Vyse, you are all on my **** list.
Whoever out of Kevin, Ronike, Frozen or Mentos gets more votes.
Just would like to point out that even though you imply you want to lynch inactives, you have managed to throw suspicion on 3/4 people who can hardly be called inactive and just so happen to be 4 of the better players in the game.

1. Cello_Marl
3. Chaco
7. KevinM
9. Mayling
11. Mediocre
13. Pythag
15. Sold2
17. Vyse

What about them?
Think this exchange should be looked at more once we have more flips/hopefully a scum flip.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Mentos: So brownie townie its not even funny.

Circus: I've been getting most town vibes from him.

Kat: Very fency on Kat but leaning toward scum.

Kevin: Overall I'm getting a more scummy read on KevMo. Ronike flip may have a serious impact on that though.

If Ronike flips town, Kev, McFox and Kat all need to be seriously looked at.
Edited stuff out, sue me. Need to look at this in future after flips definitely.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
841 was a fantastic post. Kudos to Cello for doing the legwork most of you didn't bother to, even if he turns up wrong.

I'll have to reread (oye) to see if I want to get behind Circus.

As for uncapping, I've been saving my vote for the end of the day, giving it to whoever helps us the most. Right now it'll probably end up going to Kat.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
sowwie for lurking but i's back now

You have also come to the defense of Mayling (whom I consider scummy) in the whole Mayling/Kat debacle. (Not inherently scummy, but if I consider Mayling scum, then it doesn't make you look very good in my eyes)
why am i scummy to you?

Mayling's been lurking all Day 3. Circus is an ideal lynch for today, however no one else seems interested besides Gheb/Kevin who've both left the wagon. Don't remember any Rockin posts about McFox issue.
why target me when someone like mentosman has similarly not been around

Ok, delayed my promised post a bit since Boondock filled up and I wanted to get everything sent out for it and all that jazz, in about 5 minutes I'm gonna go back a ways and see what I can figure out. Hopefully I'll actually get something to go off of since I've been in a major rut this game.
there was another post like that too^

Thought it was just most votes, not actual majority. People need to start uncapping. Most of my suspicions aren't uncapping either. Think everyone who is uncapping at this point in time is probably town. Think people not doing so are just waiting to sheep at end of day & blame others for clears not saying enough because we discouraged them. Very likely no scum is uncapping right now.
I haven't uncap[ed anyone this entire game b/c I feel that the incaps need to earn their uncaps from me. like cello said... carrots people. you start throwing out uncaps onto someone and the others will just lay down and die. honestly, i know that's prolly what'd i do... because you don't win if you don't survive. that's why it surprised me when kevinm threw out his uncap onto Kat even tho others were saying to wait.

not to mention that, but saying it's a town-action to throw an uncap onto someone... i don't agree with that. if someone is suspicious of someone else and they're wrong, scum could easily throw an uncap onto them to 1) keep them around, safely knowing they're wrong and 2) apparently it's a pro-town action to uncap someone.

onto the reason why i started lurking:

i had some stuff i wanted to present on KevinM... i thought he was mindgaming/metaing me extreme... but now that I've checked into it, it's too farfetched. i don't REALLY wanna present it now cus i'd be all embarrassed and feel silly. :(

as to what i think about people

Cleared town is cleared:
Marshy King, Kataefi, Chaco

People I don't wanna lynch ever
Cello_Marl :bee:

i have a book and its name is 'hi i'm cellomarl and i'm so obv town.'

Xiivi:
his play reminds me a lot of the one game i've played with him... save for maybe trying too hard too late in the game? i'd be content with having him stick around, though.

McFox:
despite everything, i don't think i'd be comfortable with a mcfox lynch. most of the things he says i can relate with.. and i'm getting mostly townie vibes from him. i never think defending someone = scum... i think it's a townie action to defend someone. i think a more scummy action would to let the person sit there and flounder. what kind of horrible scum would sit there and defend his teammate? iono. you'd have to be pretty silly, especially if the actions that are being defended are especially seen as scummy by everyone (see: kevinm's question.) i don't wanna lynch mcfox.

Circus:
after seeing everyone's posts... he'd be my top lynch candidate today.

frozenflame751:
about third on my list.

mentosman8:
kinda overly inactive and makes a lot of johns while posting that he hasn't followed up on yet. don't know what's happening in your personal life, and if it's something like that, sorry to be calling you out on this. it's just noticable and not good for making you look pro-town. (hypocritcal mayling is a hypocrite... because i know i could prolly contribute a lot more than i have been.)

Rockin:
despite the promise of new hope... we haven't really gotten a lot from rockin. this should make everyone weary b/c it could just be a coasting scum.

KevinM:
he's second on my list. something about him just rubs me the wrong way this game.. uh, tbh, maybe i'm just scared of him. :(

Gheb_01:
leaning town

Pythag:
i think you're town, even tho i think you're very misguided

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God idk what to think of this game anymore I'm down for lynching like 5 people and yet there is no wagoning going on for people.

1. Gheb
2. Ronike
3. Circus
4. Mcfox.

Would like to lynch Gheb for flip info.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
God idk what to think of this game anymore I'm down for lynching like 5 people and yet there is no wagoning going on for people.

1. Gheb
2. Ronike
3. Circus
4. Mcfox.

Would like to lynch Gheb for flip info.
there's interest in a circus lynch, amirite?

What info?

:059:
^this for sures, tho... what info could a gheb lynch tell us? o_o

wtf Ronike isn't even in the game anymore -_-

:059:
...i lol'd for about a minute

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin:
despite the promise of new hope... we haven't really gotten a lot from rockin. this should make everyone weary b/c it could just be a coasting scum.
It's difficult to really contribute at this point. I made a big post after catching up with the thread for the last 2 days, and not a lot has really responded to it (save for those that answered the question I asked). Only general response I've gotten was Gheb and Cirus (not a total response, but I noticed he at least read the post). Everyone else seemed to have brushed or ignored my post. Not even Xiivi, who I'm still suspicious of, didn't reply back to it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
mentosman8:
kinda overly inactive and makes a lot of johns while posting that he hasn't followed up on yet. don't know what's happening in your personal life, and if it's something like that, sorry to be calling you out on this. it's just noticable and not good for making you look pro-town. (hypocritcal mayling is a hypocrite... because i know i could prolly contribute a lot more than i have been.)
Understandable you would pick this up, however as many who have played with me here can vouch for, my activity can fluctuate a lot as games go on. In large part due to my completely un-structured work schedule(ex. today starting at 6:15 in the morning and not leaving till around 4 pm). While I don't expect a defense like that to make things seem less scummy, it's not something that's never come from towntos before.

In other news, @Rockin, I did read your post and take in your thoughts, just didn't feel like there was much to directly respond to other than your question to me. That was probably the single largest post I've ever seen you make though:p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
In other news, @Rockin, I did read your post and take in your thoughts, just didn't feel like there was much to directly respond to other than your question to me. That was probably the single largest post I've ever seen you make though:p
Obviously, you forgot spider Mafia :p

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco is mad busy and will catch up later, like Monday. If you choose to uncap Kat so be it, life comes first.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Mayling - I find you suspicious because I see you surrounded in WIFOM.
Kat is incapped, whom laid out a case against you (albeit you did defend yourself with legit points of your own) Kinda and I kinda couple this also with his argument about you and S2.
I mean, could've incapped both of these people just to sit back and say "But WHY would I do that if it just makes me suspicious??"

That is my whole case really. Not huge, but it's something in my mind.

I'm leaning towards a circus lynch.
How many votes on him?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Mayling - I find you suspicious because I see you surrounded in WIFOM.
Kat is incapped, whom laid out a case against you (albeit you did defend yourself with legit points of your own) Kinda and I kinda couple this also with his argument about you and S2.
I mean, could've incapped both of these people just to sit back and say "But WHY would I do that if it just makes me suspicious??"

That is my whole case really. Not huge, but it's something in my mind.

I'm leaning towards a circus lynch.
How many votes on him?
i can't really blame you for thinking i'm suspicious

but sometimes it is just what it is

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@ Rockin: Why haven't I been incapped by scum yet? Obviously because they don't want me cleared. I've been belligerently inactive and I'm a very easy target like me. Why would they want to clear me and lose an easy target, especially if whoever the scum are are so "afraid" of my scumhunting abilities. I don't see them incapping me while Marshy is alive, because both of us cleared together tend to be able to work pretty nicely.
Curious question. Kat/Chaco/Marsh King, what do you guys make of this quote here?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Right, so I think I have a fair amount of votes now. So it'd be cool if people would actually start explaining why they want me dead, since so far, only Xiivi's really done that (as reachy as his case was) and he has stopped refuting my refutations. Which I can only interpret as a conceding to my points unless he chooses to respond to them. One or two others have said something along the lines of "frustrated = scummy," but other than that, I've gotten nothing. If nothing else, I think getting an actual, clear reason from everybody as to why they're voting me would at least give town more info to work with in the event of my flip.

Currently, Xiivi and Kevin top my list for who I want dead most. Frozen isn't really up there mostly because he didn't jump on my lynch like Xiiscum and KevinscuM did, and is, from what I can recall, the only other person in this game who has expressed suspicion of Xiivi. This just sits so well with my own reads that I can't ignore it. Still leaning town on McFox, but his lynch could say a lot about Kevin and Frozen, so I consider him a better potentially town player to go for than, say, Pythag or Rockin.

Also caught my eye when Circus was talking about McFox's defense of Kev in 785, he says that his defense seems "Perhaps too bold for McFox to be scum himself." Now, my question to you Circus, is why do you say this as if Kevin would have to flip scum?
Well, my intent was not really to imply that Kevin would have to flip scum. I was just differentiating subjects. I went from talking about Kevin possibly being scum to McFox possibly being scum, so my wording reflects that (the words "scum himself" are what I'm assuming triggered your question). Wording this answer was difficult, so if this doesn't read very clearly, let me know and I'll try to rephrase. The point of that sentence is just that McFox's defense of Kevin is bold, and therefor actually a mostly townie-looking gesture on it's own. However, if McFox were to flip scum, then I think Kevin might need to ****in' die.

Oh, and not that this shouldn't be obvious, but Cello's last post was basically one sentence's worth of content, padded to the rafters with fluff. It can basically be summarized as "I think Kevin is town because he said he'd try to hit the same target as his teammates did if he were scum and scum have been hitting multiple people this game. So, either he has two partners that he can't read AND they don't agree with him and are actively incapping contrary to his wishes, or he isn't scum." The rest of it is just pointless nothing about Marshy and Kevin trying to feel each others towniness out in the most ***-backwards ways. Not to mention the fact that the statement itself is false because he leaves out a very possible third option in which Kevin is scum, lied about his wanting to cluster on one target, and simply didn't breadcrumb to his partners so they wouldn't know who he'd hit. Not liking Cello much more than I did before.

One last thing....
i can't really blame you for thinking i'm suspicious

but sometimes it is just what it is
What the hell is this? Seriously, what is this, Mayling? Townie-leaning people need to stop saying things that make me think they're scum. If Cello flips scum and I'm not around anymore, someone put Mayling out of her scummy misery.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
u mad?

What the hell is this? Seriously, what is this, Mayling? Townie-leaning people need to stop saying things that make me think they're scum. If Cello flips scum and I'm not around anymore, someone put Mayling out of her scummy misery.
:(

the WHOLE argument on me is based on WIFOM with a side dish "omg you defended these people"

I can't remember who it was... Ronike maybe? who really hated WIFOM. I was just trying to say, leave the WIFOM out of it and try to find something really solid to back up my scumminess... or is WIFOM all there is?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I have a few questions actually =) Not at everyone though...

Marshy why have you unvoted Mcfox because of me?
_

Xiivi's post had a lot of observation - Circus did this, then he did this, then he changed his vote and did this... but that's really all I get from it. I'm sure a biography like that could be written for every player here!

@Xiivi --> what's your fundamental case on Circus? Who else are you finding suspicious outside of Circus?
_

@Mayling --> don't worry I'm not bombarding you with lots of stuff this time =p exactly whose posts did you pay specific attention to when you made a vote on Circus? Can you point out things on Circus that you specifically and personally find suspicious?

I think you make a good point on Mcfox. I've always seemingly tied Ronike/Mcfox/Kevin together and I think it's a block of connections that could be explored further. Do you disagree with Mcfox's line of thinking about Kevin?
_

@Kevin --> you were open about your plan of action D1 but looking back that didn't turn out so well. What's your new plan of action for toDay?
_

@Mcfox --> do you think your argument with Ronike blinded you to other players in the game? Are you upset Kevin placed a vote on you?
_

@Pythag --> You're someone I generally want to hear a lot more from! Any patterns you've noticed going on with the incaps? Who do you think incapped Chaco?

THANKS!

Top Bottom