• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

“Months ago, there was an outbreak of an airborne viral neuroinvasive pathogen that swept across the nation. Quarantine, with the exception of the most highly thorough procedures found in the military and the rare prepared hospital, failed. If you are not the president, and you weren’t infected, you are immune; and you were only one in ten people, and it most likely didn’t include the rest of your family. And if you’re still alive to hear this, you most likely killed your own family or ran for your life, and found yourself on this yacht in minor thanks to your own survival skills, and in major thanks to both incredible luck and incredible weaponry.

“Yesterday, we stopped waiting for more survivors to hear our repeating radio message, boarded up the barricades below deck, and left port. In the middle of the ocean, there’s no one else here but the eighteen of us below deck and the hundreds of infected who stumbled onto the deck as we retreated below and set sail.

“We’ve been contacted by the military, and the good news is that in a matter of days they will be able to approach the yacht by sea and eliminate the horde outside to rescue us. The bad news is that as the zombies in that 90% of the global population perish from mindless falls, poor judgment calls, and a heaping helpful of good old-fashioned gunfire, 25% of the 10% of us that were immune are actually infected. That means three or four of us are infected. And those of you who are, know who you are, and know who each other are. And if we’re to hold out until the military arrives, we have to figure out who you are, and we’ve got to kill you. And we’re going to.”

Left 4 Scum is large mafia variant based on the zombie survival video-game series Left 4 Dead. This game includes a number of changes to the normal mafia rule-set that make it more appropriate to the attitude and events of Left 4 Dead and the zombie apocalypse.

This is a game for 18 players.

Rules:
  1. I am MOD thy GOD. These are my COMMANDMENTS. Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. I am infallible. That said, sometimes I will make simple mistakes to test if you are paying attention; if you believe this has happened, please address the simple mistakes in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless you have replaced back into the game.
  3. The informed minority faction (normally the mafia) is the infected, who know who each other are but are not allowed to communicate with each other. The infected win if they control the lynch majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.
  4. The uninformed majority faction (normally the town) is comprised of survivors. A survivor wins the game if he is still alive when all infected persons have been killed. Therefore, the survivors must all work together to eliminate the infected or they have absolutely no chance to win, but must also make their own survival a priority.
  5. Each night phase, each infected player will be able to choose one survivor to incapacitate. If a player is incapacitated three times (on the same or separate nights, by the same or different infected players), they will die. You will not be told if two different infected players incapacitated someone during the same night, but both will count towards the target’s total allowed incapacitations.
  6. Each day phase, the survivors will be notified that certain players were incapacitated. The players can vote which incapacitated player they wish to revive collectively (the vote command is uncap: playername). Currently incapped players are still allowed to uncap.
  7. Each day phase, the survivors can vote on which player they would like to lynch (the vote command is vote: playername). Currently incapped players are still allowed to vote.
  8. The day phase will end when a majority lynch vote has been reached or when the deadline has been met. When the day ends, the player with the most votes to be uncapped will be revived, and all other incapped players will bleed to death. If deadline hits before a majority vote to lynch has been met, the day will end without a lynch. It is also allowed to vote for no lynch (vote: no lynch).
  9. In the even of a tie when voting to uncap a player, the player who reached the number first will be uncapped.
  10. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  11. Unvoting is not necessary before changing votes.
  12. Personally attacking another player is not allowed and may result in your being replaced or mod-killed.
  13. Communication about the game outside of the game thread is not allowed and will result in a mod-kill. Even infected players are not allowed to communicate with each other.
  14. You are allowed to quote your role PMs and you are also allowed to fake quoted role PMs, but you are not allowed to post screen-shots of your role PMs.
  15. Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
  16. You are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. 3 prods will result in your replacement.

Sample Role PM:
You are a survivor, a college student who loves cats, comic books, and logic games. Your roommate came home infected and you quickly killed him, stole his truck, and called a Canadian friend of yours who told you exactly what to do - meet up with a Texan friend of yours at the shore and get on the yacht. You view the zombie apocalypse as a reason to play real life mafia... with zombies.

You win the game if you are still alive when all infected persons have been killed.
Surviving Players:
  1. Cello_Marl
  2. Circus
  3. frozenflame751
  4. Gheb_01
  5. Kataefi
  6. KevinM
  7. McFox
  8. mentosman8
  9. Pythag
  10. Rockin (replaces Mediocre)
  11. Xiivi
Dead Players:
  1. Vyse, survivor, lynched Day 1.
  2. Handorin (replaces Sold2), survivor, bled out Day 2.
  3. Macman, survivor, bled out Day 2.
  4. Ronike, survivor, lynched Day 2.
  5. The Marsh King, survivor, bled out Day 3.
  6. Chaco, survivor, bled out Day 3.
  7. Mayling, survivor, lynched Day 3.
Replacements:
  1. §teel
  2. Paradox
  3. If you are interested, please post in this thread.
Events:
Day 1 begins | ends
Day 2 begins | ends
Day 3 begins | ends
Day 4 begins

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The game is currently in the confirmation stage. Please post here stating that you understand your role and the game. Please note that survivors only technically win if they survive to the end. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask them.

A few clarifications: infected cannot be incapacitated by other infected, Marsh King is a hydra account of Marshy and karthik_king but they have a single role and a single vote and will play the game using an alternate account as if they are the same person (in an attempt to bring Hydras to light as awesome fun at SWF), all roles were randomized, and there will be absolutely no tolerance for personal insults but insulting someone's play in the game or their skills at the game of mafia is not considered a personal insult unless you involve excessive language.

This game is Large/Private, and players were handpicked by me, but all roles were randomized, and replacements are absolutely welcome. If you would like to replace into the game, please post saying so.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Confirming. I actually had a dream about zombies last night (don't worry, I was killing them), so this is highly coincidental that this starts today.

I also enjoy seeing some new faces playing in this game.

Alright, we know some of you are infected. Anyone who can't post their plan for the zombie apocalypse from BEFORE the zombie apocalypse hit has already been bitten, is infected, and we should kill them.

Meh, even if they aren't infected, they should be killed. I'm not sharing close quarters with a group of people who have not planned for this exact scenario. So, I will begin.

Long term plan (Or: We have a week to prepare) - Is to make my way out to an oil rig and live there. Oil rigs have water purifiers, generators in case the power goes out, they're built to withstand storms (granted, they do sometimes go down, hurricanes and all), and being from Louisiana, it's the best place that's easily accessible to me to withstand hordes of zombies (it's basically completely zombie-proof if we destroy the ladders) that doesn't involve traversing the better part of the globe. We can fish for food, bring canned goods with us (we applying to the people I'd bring with me, not you), and eventually get some soil and seeds and really start growing some food (there will be plenty of room for this since we won't actually be working the rig).

Short term plan (Or: we have an hour to prepare) - The courthouse in my hometown. If we've received word that something like this was coming, my friends and I have already prepared to head to the courthouse. We've got a connection there, and we think it's a pretty good place to go. The idea is to grab anything around us that could even remotely be useful during a zombie apocalypse and high-tail it to the courthouse. The courthouse offers defensive superiority because there are only two doors on the whole building connected to the ground, while all of the windows are too high for a single person to reach. We'd barricade the inside of the courthouse, and there are generators and stuff inside.

We figure that most people will hit Wal*Mart, sporting goods stores, etc., steal all of the weapons and canned goods, and then try to drive out of town. However, since everyone's trying to leave, no one will be able to leave. Therefor, people will either try to wait it out and be overwhelmed by zombies, or grab what they can and leave on foot. This leaves a lot of their supplies in their cars in town. We'd wait in the courthouse for a minimum of three days before carefully searching for weapons and food. The best part is the bell-tower of the courthouse, which you can look out of and that would make a perfect lookout point / sniper spot.

Emergency plan (Or: There are zombies outside right now) - Quietly grab everything in my house that I'd need on the first floor and move it up to the second. Fill the sinks and tubs with water. Use no electricity or anything that would attract zombies to the house. If anything did come in, I've got a sword ready for just this situation, plus plenty of other hand-to-hand weapons that would be available to me in my home. From there, I'd wait it out until I thought it would be safer, and then try to make it to the courthouse.

I swear on my honor that, depending on how the apocalypse went down, I followed one of these plans. Looks like it's the long-term plan, since I would have needed a boat to get out to an oil rig. I have been extremely careful (probably to a fault), and have not been bitten.

If you weren't prepared for a zombie apocalypse before it happened, then you aren't prepared for it now.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Marsh King, I expect you to blindly follow me around and vote with me.

[/confirm]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
/Confirming the receiving and understanding of my PM.

Everyone follow McFox; he's the man with the plan.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I would like to confirm myself as the N0 dead corpse found by everyone.

=D

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow. I'm pretty disappointed I have to miss it. I'm a big fan of l4d. =/

/subscribe

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh I have a question Tom: if two incapped players receive the same amount of uncap votes, what happens?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Vote: Gheb

Clearly, he's afraid that I'm going to discover his ruse before he can spread his infection to the rest of us.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Re: Your Brains

Confirming interest.

Heya, Tom' it’s Cello from the office down the hall
Good to see you, buddy; how’ve you been?
Thing have been OK for me except that I’m a zombie now
I really wish you’d let us in
I think I speak for all of us when I say I understand
Why you folks might hesitate to submit to our demand
But here’s an FYI: you’re all gonna die screaming

All we want to do is eat your brains
We’re not unreasonable; I mean, no one’s gonna eat your eyes
All we want to do is eat your brains
We’re at an impasse here; maybe we should compromise:
If you open up the doors
We’ll all come inside and eat your brains

:lick: Mmm, delicious eye.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Confirming.

Look forward to playing with you all.

Also, Tom. You said there are 17 of us below deck, but 18 of us are playing. Is this one of your tests that you mentioned?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh I have a question Tom: if two incapped players receive the same amount of uncap votes, what happens?
The player who reached the higher number first will be uncapped. Thanks. That has been added to the rules.

Also, Tom. You said there are 17 of us below deck, but 18 of us are playing. Is this one of your tests that you mentioned?
Yes! Why... it was! Congratulations, you passed the test! Your prize is... love!

All players but Mediocre have confirmed and I just talked to him on AIM, so... game begins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The noise from above deck is horrifying. A chorus of constant moaning endlessly calls to you, the pounding on the barricaded doors and windows never ceases. It will be days until the military arrives to save you, but you know that you have absolutely no chance of survival if you do not eliminate the hidden infected.

Day 1 begins!
With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, December 16th, Noon EST.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sounds like a party.

Vote: Macman

We doin' it big! We got room for 4 roles a person up in hurr, muncher.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also since scum can't talk with eachother. Watch out for potential breadcrumbs by people attemtping to communicate with their partner.

This is not a breadcrumb

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also. im wondering if scum can incap themselvesssss

tom are you allowed to tell us this? I'd assume not since it would be hard to rezombify yourself

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Asking to be unvoted = super scum

Double vote: Macman

He thinks like one o' them.

Top Bottom