• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hate mafia lurker wins. Hate sibling protecting scum (looking at you Mayling). Hate being lynched for stupid reasons (ok, so maybe Im just bitter from being killed in a game I was very interested in). Hate mentos for calling circus out on breadcrumbing early instead of letting the other scum start to breadcrumb so we could kill them with it (seriously man, me and marshy couldn't figure out how you weren't scum). Hate a lot of things about how this game went, but liked the idea. Props again for the interesting setup and stuffs. Havent read since I died so sorry if some of these things are no longer true.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bleh I really wish I had pushed the case on the Circus breadcrumbs more. My intent had been to try to catch something before there were any clears so we could get a solid days voting patterns that weren't tainted, but there was such negative response to it I just dropped it as a whole>_< Semi surprised Xiivi/Circus were both scum(had been tossing it around near the end there), more surprised by Cello. Such a huge difference between this and what I saw in newbie mafia I started to lean town.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mayling said:
First off... Cello. Well, I think he is townie because he seems to care less about this game. I think Cello tries harder when he is scum. I think he gets more involved. I think that as scum, there is more to lose if you are lynched. When you are lynched as scum, townies laugh at you for getting caught. It is a victory. When you are lynched as town, to a degree you get to laugh at your fellow townies because a mistake has been made (whether the mistake has legitimate backings or not depends on what happened). Cello is not the type of person who likes to get caught, and therefore tries very hard not to get caught as scum... he tries harder to not get caught as scum than scum-hunting as town. I think he is a much better scum player than a town player. For instance... I think he gets lynched more often as a townie than he does scum, because he is trying harder as scum to not get lynched. I don't think he would be as inactive as he is in a game like this as scum, because being scum would entice him into playing.
I still think this got me killed in Newbie 3. So, I figured I'd abuse the hell outta it while I could. Still, I'm sorry about lurking. :(

Circus said:
Not just because I didn't wanna die but because losing one scum buddy in this game would have been way more detrimental than losing one in a normal mafia game.
Ain't that the truth.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Despite hating you for lurking so hard core, you did play a good game cello. And yes, maylings quote did make me really want to get you killed in newbie three.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For the record, the breadcrumbs Mentos found in my posts were truly coincidental. Just to clarify. My frustration at having to constantly come back to defending that "HIT" post was legitimate, though certainly exaggerated at some points.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha ninja'd by Ronike, I just somewhat explained that though(although I had said similar before). I had a feeling that having clears out before a successful lynch would be a detriment to our overall ability(which I think, as the game played out, seemed correct), and wanted something to push a possible scum lynch before people could use "I just followed the clears" as an excuse for any vote. However, after it got negative feedback pretty much all around, I dropped the case and it ended up hurting majorly.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm not saying town did great (hell, we did terrible), but excluding the last 15 minutes of the game, he'd literally posted 26 times out of 1096. That is bulls***, and it makes it almost LITERALLY impossible to read him at all.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
To be honest, my opinions on Circus/Cello throughout the game were exactly the same they would have been if I was town. I don't even know if my attack on Circus was exaggerated or not. :/

But yeah, especially Cello. He looked so town until that one post, which just screamed Cello_scum I had to call it out.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ain't that the truth.
I was ****ting bricks when Xiivi was drilling into me D3. I understood what he was doing and was glad to distance just in case I did go down (especially since I figured I would eventually due to what happened on D1), but I was REALLY hoping it would have to be that soon. Thinking about you two having to ride out the rest of the game with a third less incap power and a much smaller number to shave the town down to did not appeal to me. But it all worked out anyway, so boss.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You really thought that? I'm surprised. Honestly, I was thinking, "Well, we aren't having luck looking for scum, so let's try to look for clears (in this case, Mentos). That'll narrow our lynch pool at least."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Xiivi: Honestly, same. Frankly, although I exaggerated like I said, I was getting fed up with people not believing me about the breadcrumbs and getting pissed about my frustrated posts since it was really not very different at all from how I would have played as town. My suspicion of you was a little forced, but Cello would have been typical prey for town-Circus. And I legitimately would have had townie vibes for Ronike, McFox and Gheb.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
1. Cello_Marl

Thanks partner! Lurking is mean, and so is riding Mayling's defense of you.

2. Circus

Thanks partner! How did you not get lynched, WOW, it boggles my mind.

3. frozenflame751

You should have definitely made more of a presence in this game, would have helped town a lot I think.

4. Gheb_01

You did well, but it was easy to ride Marshy's original suspicion of you through the game. Also yeah, you did tunnel the Circus/Mentos thing some, but that was pretty much because it was also easy to ignore you while you complained about inactivity. Sorry I incapped you! I asked Mayling for a number and it was you!

5. Kataefi

I wanted you dead so bad. I was like "god dammit Kataefi, stop being so good already and let me win." the whole time.

6. KevinM

I pretty much allowed your thoughts to be my thoughts because us being on the same page pretty much kept me out of your lynch pool. Good deduction Day 4 with the Circus + Xiivi/Mentos stuff.

7. McFox

You were so townie in your attacks against Ronike/Frozen, can't believe you got so close to lynch. I felt bad about your lynch so I stopped it instead of joining it. Just don't AtE. :/

8. mentosman8

You should have tried to argue against me! Had you tried it was definitely lined up for Circus getting lynched and me getting lynched afterwards!

9. Pythag

Thanks Pythag! Having you in this game was very fun and I enjoyed your posts!

10. Rockin (replaces Mediocre)

Mediocre, you should have played! Rockin, you also should have played! Way to replace into the game and find me suspicious but not push me! Rockin you should definitely try more! :p

11. Xiivi

You ****ing suck at mafia oh dear god thank goodness you are not playing in another game ever.

12. Vyse

I'm sorry Vyse! I tried to get a last minute Kataefi wagon, but they went for you instead!

13. Handorin (replaces Sold2)

Sold2 you should have played! Handorin you should have pursued me! Argue against me! Something! :(

14. Macman

Macman! I'm sorry I incapped you N1! I asked Steel for a number and it was you! You called out Circus immediately! Good stuff!

15. Ronike

Sorry! You weren't really scummy at all. You were just so vocal. :/

16. The Marsh King

I want to know what your reads were when you posted them without saying what they were! This is for "get into marshy's head and try to figure out how he thinks" purposes. I want an answer please! :)

17. Chaco

Chaco! I'm sorry you were V/LA and couldn't be saved! I'm sorry I incapped you! I asked Ronike for a number and it was you!

18. Mayling

I've already talked to you about stuff! Don't feel sad, I loved playing with you!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
talk about ****piece town. like how was medi with his 5 posts one of the towniest player slots in the game. thanks for incapping me cello

Ronike

Smash Ace
Get into Marshy's head? Don't make me laugh. You cannot comprehend the form of Marshy's thoughts.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
11. Xiivi

You ****ing suck at mafia oh dear god thank goodness you are not playing in another game ever.
Lol, Xiivi, you stud. Quit self-loathing and join another **** game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
10. Rockin (replaces Mediocre)

Mediocre, you should have played! Rockin, you also should have played! Way to replace into the game and find me suspicious but not push me! Rockin you should definitely try more! :p
Like I explained, I had you pin as scum when I first posted. But then, you was contributing a bit more, so you became a bit more townie in my book. ahh well

Also, reason why I havn't been playing was cause my mouse broke and then last thursday, my internet was turned off. I was to get a new mouse a day or so ago, and got my internet on today, but alas, it was too late... =/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't care if you're serious. I want you playing because you're awesome and I selfishly want to play with you again.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Now that the game is over, there's someone I really want to direct my attention to

Cello, Rockin - if you guys are town I hate you so much that I never want to play a mafia game with you again EVER. If you join a game you're supposed to play. No johns. **** you

:059:
I can't help but find this post totally disrespectful to me and Cello. I'm not sure how Cello personally feels about this, but I don't like this one bit.

There have been a few other players who had either done a bit bad or WORSE then me, but I've yet to hear you say these said things to these coasters/unhelpful players. I can't help but find your words in this game to me a total spit to the face.

I don't CARE if you dislike my playstyle or how I've been recently playing, but keep it FUKKIN civil. If you don't like it, fine. DEAL. I have to deal with yours and everyone else' playstyle I may not agree with it. And IF for some reason I don't like it, I'd at least be NICE about it instead of INSULTING. I have made points on you in terms of your activity policing in other games, but you never hear me say it in a insulting tone.

I know my way of playing may not be the most helpful at times, but it can't be helped. Like recently.

I have a new manager who's ****ing working my *** and ****ing up my schedule

my mouse was HANDICAPPED, so my scumhunting ability went to ****ville

and my Net was off.

but I'm sure you'd still say what you would say even if I was playing decently.

I'm done with your *****ing Gheb. If you don't want to play a Mafia game with me, all cause of my ****ing playstyle, fine by me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if you dont have a game to play right now, go sign up for pierre the scarecrow's

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gzzzz scum.

Definitely should had decided to push Circus earlier. But meh, all my reads blew this game so I don't even know what to say at this point.

Would complain about inactivity but I'm guilty of that so that wont happen. Would complain about crazy scummy play from townies but I'm also guilty of that so that wont happen either.

Interesting concept and props to Tom for thinking of it but "lose if dead" wincon was mad lame. Not so sure what you were hoping to get out of implementing that. I think it was more detrimental than helpful to overall gameplay.

But yeah, ****ty personal showing in here. We all struggled quite a bit I think. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Definitely a rebound from epic Monster Island roflstomp fest.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed, which is why we need to start policying inactives more.
I agree so much with this.

How is town supposed to win when the game is being stalled to death by the town intself? Xiivi was like the towniest player ever, Circus was always there to defend himself and Cello's few posts actually had content. I think the number of people on the town side actually playing this game was lower than the scum - at least they tried to win. I don't even wanna go into detail or call out names - this town was horrible, impossible to cooperate with and showed no intenions to win whatsoever.

@Tom

Thanks for hosting this game. The idea for the set-up is really good for various reasons - aside from the different mechanics I like how nobody had a PR to rely on. This game was supposed to be won by scumhunting and it seems that all of us need to step our games up in this regard. Thanks for hosting it and letting me play ^_^

@Ronike

Sorry buddy, I legitimately thougth you were scum. I completely agree with your anti-lurker policy though. It was really stupid to lynch the most vocal player and I wish we could've just lynched lurkers first. Unfortunately most of them were town so it wouldn't have helped us regardless. :(
I agree that it's really frustrating.

@Kevin

Was fun playing with you as cleared. We were wrong about both Mentos and Rockin being scum but I think we both realized that there was to much scum in this game to win. Having so much "responsibility" at such an important time of the game is a lot of weight to carry. One of my favourite town players from this game.

@Circus

You were always there to defend yourself, while the majority of the town was not. The way you played was a perfect example of how commitment is - and should be - rewarding. Despite me trying to get you lynched since early D2 you always managed to get your head out of the noose. You deserved the win.

@Xiivi

You proved to be a good player and this was your best performance so far. It's unfortunate that you're bored by the game but I still hope you'll stick around in dGames for a while and I hope I can count on you for some Aimafia. I also like you as a co-host. We should work together a lot because I also like hosting games a lot.

@Kataefi

You did a really good job, despite the Mayling mislynch. I hope you'll join mafia games on a regular basis because you're reliable, smart and fun to play with. Probably my favourite "new" player here.

Edit: To be fair, I should mention that I didn't play well either. I hope that people understand though that I at least show commitment for this game and try to win. Somebody who never posts doesn't play pro-town. Simple as that.

:059:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
On the topic of inactives.

I apologise for being as useful as a dumb deaf-mute.
It wasn't the best time of year for me =_=

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Wow I missed all the action. GG scum! I was so wrong on Cello... I really did think you were town, but for awful reasons. That taught me lol. With Xiivi/Circus I had a strong feeling that if either flipped scum, the other would be. Xiivi, until next time!

Mayling... I am very sorry =(

But yeah, fun game! And thanks gheb.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hate mafia lurker wins. Hate sibling protecting scum (looking at you Mayling). Hate being lynched for stupid reasons (ok, so maybe Im just bitter from being killed in a game I was very interested in). Hate mentos for calling circus out on breadcrumbing early instead of letting the other scum start to breadcrumb so we could kill them with it (seriously man, me and marshy couldn't figure out how you weren't scum). Hate a lot of things about how this game went, but liked the idea. Props again for the interesting setup and stuffs. Havent read since I died so sorry if some of these things are no longer true.
ronike, you're such a whiner. golly, if you think about it, on the day I got lynched i had circus and xiivi as scum, and even got that xiivi might have been bussing circus. also, i said "cello might be riding on my defense of him, so stop asking me my opinion on him" furthermore, it's town's fault for not thinking outside the box and saying "why isn't cello incapped when mayling cleared him SO much" (partly why I continued to clear him) and instead they incapped frozenflame and kevinm together. which, btw, i was going to say 'if cello doesn't get cleared soon, it's him' but I got quick hammered ._.

Mayling... I am very sorry =(
why you sorry, panda bear? :3 if it's for the back and forth between us, don't be!! i was laughing when i posted the "outburst". i think whenever i play i just need to sit back for ten minutes before replying to posts, since my words come out the wrong way or something. twice during this game, mcfox and rockin said reiterations of what I said and sounded so much more clear than me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Now that the game is over, there's someone I really want to direct my attention to

I can't help but find this post totally disrespectful to me and Cello. I'm not sure how Cello personally feels about this, but I don't like this one bit.

There have been a few other players who had either done a bit bad or WORSE then me, but I've yet to hear you say these said things to these coasters/unhelpful players. I can't help but find your words in this game to me a total spit to the face.

I don't CARE if you dislike my playstyle or how I've been recently playing, but keep it FUKKIN civil. If you don't like it, fine. DEAL. I have to deal with yours and everyone else' playstyle I may not agree with it. And IF for some reason I don't like it, I'd at least be NICE about it instead of INSULTING. I have made points on you in terms of your activity policing in other games, but you never hear me say it in a insulting tone.

I know my way of playing may not be the most helpful at times, but it can't be helped. Like recently.

I have a new manager who's ****ing working my *** and ****ing up my schedule

my mouse was HANDICAPPED, so my scumhunting ability went to ****ville

and my Net was off.

but I'm sure you'd still say what you would say even if I was playing decently.

I'm done with your *****ing Gheb. If you don't want to play a Mafia game with me, all cause of my ****ing playstyle, fine by me.
gheb, don't be a ****. Rockin, don't be inactive

ggz scum

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
good game scum.
I'm sorry I was so worthless in BOTH mafia games I was in.
I'm really trying to get back in the swing. I'll try to be better.

Xiivii, son of a gun. I liked all of your arguments. Why on earth did you you have to be scum.
Circus, I have no idea how you survived. Seriously.

Interesting setup. I totally think Tom deserves the "I made Everyone reread X amount of times" award.
Thanks for modding , Tom.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I suck, emokevinM

least I called out the Xiivi circus thing D4

still couldn't pull a case together though cause i was a big ol ball of bad.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The group decided to eliminate the gambler. They were sick of his pessimistic paradigm and relatively holier-than-thou attitude. He was a conman, a swindler, and absolutely not necessary to their survival.

As they approached him to push him out the door, he fought back. He argued his case, but the scene became violent. As the aggressive episode continued, the group lost control, grabbed him, opened the door, and threw him out. He didn't last half a minute out there with the horde.

mentosman8, a survivor, has been lynched.

A young brunette in a red jacket whistled to attract everyone's attention. She grinned widely, and began to speak.

"It's over. They cannot stop us now. You," she commanded as she pointed to the cajun boat captain, "take him out," as she swung her finger towards the old war veteran. The other one of us will take him," she grinned as she glared at the emergency room surgeon. "And I'll mop up the mess we made last night."

The group was fairly confused. It took just a moment too long for them to realize what had happened.

The boat captain lowered his body and lunged at the old man. As they fell, the veteran struggled with exceptional expertise to fight back, but his skilled experience was no match for the merciless, raw attack of the infected man.

The young co-ed picked up a sun-machine gun, and holding it by her waist, swung it towards the incapacitated survivors. In a bloody mess, she eliminated all three of them.

The thinned group managed to tackle the young woman and kill her, slaying their first infected passenger. The boat captain ducked behind cover of freight container, leaving only the criminal-fiction writer, the pudgy black woman, and the young man standing.

"We have to get to him, then," the writer remarked as he loaded his pistol.

"Hold up," the woman remarked with attitude. "They's three or four of them. We killed one of them, that girl, and we got that man hidin, but what about you? And you?"

The young man clutched his rifle closely, his eyes darting back and forth.

"We'll solve that when we finish the other," the writer remarked.

"How 'bout we solve it now?" she suggested lowly. In a flash, she had her arms around the young man's head, and with a solid snap, he mangled on the ground.

The writer picked up his weapon, but all too quickly the boat captain was on top of him from out of nowhere. He looked at the two infected in the eyes, and whispered,

"I'm not afraid to die," he whispered, eyes narrow. "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn..." as he closed his eyes.

And he was gone.

frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Kataefi, KevinM, McFox, Pythag, and Rockin, all survivors, are eliminated in endgame.

Cello_Marl is eliminated in endgame.

Cello_Marl, Circus, and Xiivi, the infected survivors, win the game in endgame.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom said:
You are a survivor, a young aspiring scientist who loves photography who was supposed to go on a field trip the day your city was infected. You view the zombie apocalypse as a reason to exert great responsibility in your life.

You win the game if you are still alive when all infected persons have been killed.
Tom said:
You are a survivor, an adolescent teenaged whiz-kid student with a knack for computers and an unhealthy obsession with fire. You view the zombie apocalypse as a reason to light the world up.

You win the game if you are still alive when all infected persons have been killed.
Tom said:
You are a survivor, a television news reporter who views the zombie apocalypse as the biggest break you could ever have, if anyone were still around to care.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a fun-loving auto-mechanic who views the zombie apocalypse as an excuse to exercise your optimism while committing mass zombie-murder.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a cocky ex-biker who views the zombie apocalypse as the world’s biggest bar fight.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a junior systems analyst for an IT company, who views the zombie apocalypse as a reason to finally quit that stupid job.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a gambler and a conman who views the zombie apocalypse as just another struggle to get what you want from a world filled with idiots.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, an emergency room surgeon who saw the first signs of the infection in the operating room and got the hell out of dodge. You view the zombie apocalypse as the worst thing that has ever happened to you, and I guess other people too.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a pizza chef with an immense love of both the culinary and the pornographic arts. You view the zombie apocalypse to be terrible for the business.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a chiseled beefcake actor who portrays melodramatic knights-in-shining-armor on daytime television soap operas. You view the zombie apocalypse as your big break... you might just be the greatest actor alive.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a middle-aged housewife and mother of three who saw her children raised and into college before becoming an aerobic kick-boxing and exercise instructor. You view the zombie apocalypse for a reason to finally use all of your husband’s guns.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, an aged war veteran and life-long soldier who views the zombie apocalypse as just one more war to survive and just one more excuse to kick ***.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a young criminal- and detective-fiction writer who secretly worships Cthulhu. You view the zombie apocalypse as a sign that in his house at R’lyeh dead Cthulhu no longer waits dreaming.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a private detective who is currently out of a job, seeing as how you can’t arrest 90% of the population for murder. You see the zombie apocalypse as a way to get back into the action.

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a high-school baseball coach who views the zombie apocalypse as a reason to finally get back into shape.

Tom said:
You are an infected survivor, a no-nonsense hard-*** who worked in the Department of Motor Vehicles, who views the zombie apocalypse as a reason to finally act on your pent-up frustration.

You are infected. You cannot communicate with any of the other infected players, though you do recognize that Cello_Marl and Circus are also infected.

You can incapacitate a player each night, and if they are not revived during the next day phase, they will die at the end of that day.

You win the game if the infected players control the lynch majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Tom said:
You are an infected survivor, a Cajun boat captain who views the zombie apocalypse as another sign that the sea life is the real life.

You are infected. You cannot communicate with any of the other infected players, though you do recognize that Cello_Marl and Xiivi are also infected.

You can incapacitate a player each night, and if they are not revived during the next day phase, they will die at the end of that day.

You win the game if the infected players control the lynch majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Tom said:
You are an infected survivor, a slacker college student and horror movie buff, who views the zombie apocalypse as something you actually studied up on for once in your life.

You are infected. You cannot communicate with any of the other infected players, though you do recognize that Circus and Xiivi are also infected.

I'm sure you can recognize some of the roles... like all 8 playable characters from the L4S series, Peter Parker, my mom, and Crimson King... some of the others you might not recognize.

Thanks everyone for playing. :]

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The whole time I was playing this, I was thinking of myself as a Boomer.

Actually, I just realized I never thanked Tom for hosting this; Thanks, Tom!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
thank you very much for the well-hosting game complete with ending scene tom. ;)

so it seems like only Circus and myself lived. ironic since we tried to get each other killed so much. :p

Top Bottom