• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
unvote vote:Ronike

Sounds like he's trying to give a hint to the scum to me.

I think everyone here is preoccupied with trying to balance not attracting attention to themselves in order to avoid being capped with the urge to talk, and not getting hit is winning out. But, the more you are helping out, then you are more likely to be the one we uncap.

Ronike

Smash Ace
To all that would be impaired by the survivor rule: Ignore it. Just think that if you are a major contributor to the town win, you've won. That's what Im doing.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This thread moves fast! Sooo many random votes at the beginning =p

Also the rhyming and breadcrumb connection thing was really interesting to read. Good start mayling... I dunno how feasible it is though. I'm gonna read back on stuff.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh and the what I thought was obvious, but apparently not, is that who is not incapped is just as important, if not MORE important, than who is incapped.
Not sure what you try to get at. Care to be more specific here?

unote vote mentosman

:059:

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, think about it. I don't want to give scum more ideas than they can get on their own.

So... why the random vote? Trying to convey something? Unvote Vote Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No Ronike, the problem with your question is that it's vague. What is the part that makes players not incaptivated more important? Is it the player himself or is it the fact that he's not incaptivated? I'd like you to answer that unless you're really convinced that it's better not to do so.

unvote vote frozenflame

:059:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im really convinced its better not to answer. I'll answer d2.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
honestly we should lynch ronike for some how knowing there was 4 scumdudes.

and if/when he flip scum. we should lynch marshking and gheb.

Ronike

Smash Ace
All i can say is lol that you think you're people Macman.

Learn2play or be Left4Dead.

Im so clever.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm perplexed by Ronike's (and others?) desire to end the Day early. I see how utilizing clear townies will be helpful on D2, but why rush to that stage when we can talk now?

Plus, we need to keep in mind that the infected aren't necessarily going to neatly give us 3 or 4 incap'd townies on D2. More than one of them could target the same player, possibly killing that player and leaving us with few (if any) living clears. I know that scenario is highly unlikely considering the munchers can't talk to each other privately, but if we rush this Day and that happens, then we're basically just throwing away a townie for no information.

Not to mention that even if we do get several incap'd townies on D2, they only help us for that Day. Most of them will be dead by the following Night and then we're down to having only one clear who could potentially die that Night as well (assuming I read the rules in the OP correctly. Correct me if I'm getting numbers jumbled and this couldn't happen). I don't think that Nighttime will be very good for us this game, so let's spend this Daylight wisely while we have it.

Also, I guess mathematics have beaten me. How are we guaranteed 2 cleared townies after the incaps happen?

Sidenote: I don't think it's that scummy that Ronike seems to be certain that there are 4 infected, but I would like to point out that, depending on how long ago Ronike talked to Tom, Tom could have changed his mind between then and now. He can do that. He's the mod.

I don't know where my vote is right now, but unvote.

Watching Ronike closely. Intrigued by Marshy's pressure method. Wary of Cello for not really responding to it, though also kind of confused that Marsh hasn't pushed it more. Always think Gheb is town. Eager to hear from everyone else.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Nights after day 2 are bad, but coming into tomorrow, we are guarunteed to have boat loads more of information. Its different that a normal mafia game. In a normal mafia game, a quick day 1 means coming into day 2 with likely no extra information. In this game, this is not the case. Think about it, I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Okay, and I guess you shouldn't.

But I still see flaws with this logic. Day 2 will bring us information, sure, but it's gonna do that whether we get to it in 2 days or 2 weeks. I don't see the harm in actually spending some quality time with Day 1 first.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Circus and(not sure who said it) the other person that mentioned we should use today like a normal game. Just because we get more info to work with going into D2 doesn't mean a fast D1 is good, it simply means that we get a bit more. All assuming there's not some uber scum all hitting the same target. And as has been said, if there are 4 scum/4 separate incaps, 3 of them are lost after tomorrow and 1 could easily be killed off that night. We need as much info each day as possible so that those who are incapp'd can have a lot to work with in the small amount of time they are available.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
[6] Not Voting (Circus, Chaco, Kataefi, Mediocre, mentosman8, Vyse)
[4] Ronike (frozenflame, Xiivi, Macman, Cello_Marl)
[3] Gheb_01 (McFox, Ronike, Marsh King)
[2] frozenflame751 (Pythag, Gheb)
[1] Cello_Marl (Mayling)
[1] Pythag (KevinM)
[1] Vyse (Sold2)
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Circus ()
[0] Chaco ()
[0] Kataefi ()
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Macman ()
[0] McFox ()
[0] Mediocre ()
[0] mentosman8 ()
[0] Sold2 ()
[0] The Marsh King ()
[0] Xiivi ()

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, December 16th, Noon EST.

Mod Notes:
This is the first vote count and therefore the most likely to be a test to see if you can tell if I got your vote wrong or not. If you think I did, speak up.
I will only include these notes when a question has been asked of me.
I will not change the order of the replacements list.
If you are not playing the game, post only to say you want to replace.
Mafia know each other, but cannot communicate outside the thread.
Mafia cannot incap each other.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote

Two things that are confusing me (actually probably more....deal with it)
I've read this over a few times
Where's the reason that Gheb is scum?
(I'm not trying to defend him, in fact, Gheb, what the hell are you doing?)
but it just seemed that mcfox said "Gheb's scum" and that was enough? did I completely miss something?

Ronike seemed to know how many scum there were. I could see either way on this. Either he just firmly thought there were 4 or he is actually scum.

Cello was rhyming in the beginning, followed up by Circus rhyming later. Don't know if that's anything at all.

I'm feeling rather perplexed.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Gheb voted me just for pressuring people to post their zombie apocalypse plans > he doesn't have one > he's been bitten.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Tom Does the rule allowing quoting of role PMs apply strictly to that, or could we also post quotes of other communication we've had with you? The letter of the rule implies the former, but the latter may not have been considered, and so not explicitly permitted only for that reason.

I'm getting the impression from Ronike that he hasn't shaken the idea of "not-scum" =/= town.
So, unvote Ronike.
Be careful of what you say.

On that note, what should we do about rule 13rule 14?
I think we should NOT utilize it as it is written.
If we let someone use it to try to clear him or herself, then it may save one person.
But, that information could then be used by the infected to craft more genuine false PM quotes.
Using that information to reveal an infected is far more valuable than any single life.

If someone prematurely reveals a PM, we could agree to automatically lynch that person.
Yes, it's definitely not a scum, but we need some reason to stop a survivor from revealing,
since their only concern (by win condition, at least) should only be to live.
I'm uncomfortable with this approach, for many reasons, and would be more than willing to entertain suggestions for the best method of determent.

This would definitely be the way I would want to go if we were a town (of course, we wouldn't be able to reveal role PMs then), but as it is, I'm not sure. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Addendum: Since it's been brought up a couple of times, I'll address my song. It's called "Re: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton. Once, I played in a D20 Apocalypse game that was essentially Mad Max meets 28 Days Later and Diablo. When my character, Tommy "MacFisticles" Sulier, needed to get gas for his Harley and M1 Abrams Tank (converted to use biodiesel), our group would go to a city that had been overrun, and set up a giant still. Three guesses for what we used as the fuel base. The GM would play this song the ENTIRE time, often for 3-4 hours. I still think of it every time someone mentions zombies.

I used a bear-trap-axe in that game. It was awesome.

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
let's not quote mod pms and instead scumhunt

sad to see hando still 2nd on the replacement list. that's room for one good replacement folks

still think 85 and 90 are scummy. hop on this wagon

there's eighteen people. why not wagon early?

assuming 4 scum to 14 town is reasonable. lame argument

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If we're lynching anyone today I'd rather kill off someone like Macman who's erratic playstyle isn't going to be helpful in this type of game I'd think.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Tom Does the rule allowing quoting of role PMs apply strictly to that, or could we also post quotes of other communication we've had with you? The letter of the rule implies the former, but the latter may not have been considered, and so not explicitly permitted only for that reason.
Quoting your role PM is allowed and faking a role PM is allowed. These are the only things that you are allowed to quote or fake from the mod.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Tom said:
You are a survivor, a middle-aged housewife and mother of three who saw her children raised and into college before becoming an aerobic kick-boxing and exercise instructor. You view the zombie apocalypse for a reason to finally use all of your husband’s guns.

You win the game if you are still alive when all infected persons have been killed.
Ten of Ten would read again.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
we cant possibly mass roleclaim. I thought there were no PRs in this game.

also lynching me would be =/

Ronike

Smash Ace
But... I...

Why did you claim kevin... No one else claim, or say anything about it for that matter, be it a comparison of similarity or disimilarity. No need to give scum any more information to create fake claims with.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
But... I...

Why did you claim kevin... No one else claim, or say anything about it for that matter, be it a comparison of similarity or disimilarity. No need to give scum any more information to create fake claims with.
Ronike, mind me asking you to finish your original sentence? The one that begins with "But... I...".

Ronike

Smash Ace
But... I... just... what... huh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh...

Go on, ask me to stop saying ugh. I dare ya.

At any rate, that was more so of a "annurism out of sheer stupidity moment" type of thing than an actual begining of a sentence. Twas meant to show my speechlessness at the full role claim idioticness that was kevinM's move.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh. I'm not going to ask you to stop saying ugh, but it'd be great if you didn't use it block format.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
needs more gheb quicklynch

Quoting your role PM is allowed and faking a role PM is allowed. These are the only things that you are allowed to quote or fake from the mod.
Does that mean we can't quote your sexy vote counts?

Is quoting this a violation of this rule?

please don't modkill me ;_;

Top Bottom