• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Apparently, this patch fixes any achievement bugs before, so if you couldn't get an achievement no matter how much you actually completed it (Akimbo assassin and Safety first are two examples), you can try one more time, and then you can get it.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
A mall map would be awesome.

So after the patch, Smoker goes back up to being my fav. infected with the Hunter's melee being normilized. Also cool that Infected now cant run away and respawn for full health and Tanks cant activate alarms, plus can only maintain control with a diriect melee or rock throw hit.

..wait. I just realized somthing. How can you get the 'dont disturb any witches' achievment when they are now placed directly on your path?

Puddin

Smash Lord
..wait. I just realized somthing. How can you get the 'dont disturb any witches' achievment when they are now placed directly on your path?
"Versus Changes

- Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route."

Simple, don't play Versus for Campaign achievements.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Very, very true. Oh, and because the patches didn't worsen the AI's aim, you can still get that Safety first award. It's not that it's hard to get, it's that it's easy to mess up. Really, since friendly fire is always on, you should be aiming to get this award.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
If you cr0wn correctly you shouldn't be disturbing them. And i noticed in versus mode that there are a higher number of witches now.

Sensai

Smash Master
I wish the witches posed more of a threat, honestly...it is far too easy to crown them.

And hooray for the smoker being fixed! I joined a game today (I fixed my computer, yay!) and, for the first time ever, WANTED to spawn a smoker. Never did. :-(

Puddin

Smash Lord
360 hasn't gotten the patch yet, correct? Because I was able to make the Witch attack the survivors as an infected, so I'm guessing it hasn't been fixed on the 360.

Just noticed another thing,

"- Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks."

Because Valve needed another reason to give the Infected the upper-hand, isn't that what Special Infected team work is about? Keeping as much gunfire as possible off of the Tank? Why reduce the damage of a gun?

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I kind of like that part because it makes the Tank...well a tank. I thought it was unfair how an auto-shotgun from one person could completely eradicate a Tank's health like that. The Hunting Rifle is still lethal in the right hands, make due.

The 360 patch is said to be within 1 to 3 weeks tops I beleive due to microsofts insabordination. sigh, Bill is always doing this to us.

Sensai

Smash Master
lulz @ people who buy Valve games on 360.

And I imagine they reduced the damage that the shotty did to the tank because...well, it was doing _way_ too much.

Puddin, how often do you see the Infected win? Assume both teams are competent. I am almost certain the Survivors would win more than 50% of the time, which isn't how it's supposed to work; the Infected are supposed to win.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman

And I imagine they reduced the damage that the shotty did to the tank because...well, it was doing _way_ too much.

Puddin, how often do you see the Infected win? Assume both teams are competent. I am almost certain the Survivors would win more than 50% of the time, which isn't how it's supposed to work; the Infected are supposed to win.
If you had my pc you'd understand how I had to get Left 4 Dead for the 360. It plays every single game I've ever gotten at a snail's pace

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Bummer. I have no 360, and My parents got a new computer. If I can't get L4D to work on my computer, I have a plan B!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

This.

A team of four auto-shotgun wielders firing fully-loaded clips at a Tank used to be able to down it in about four seconds, assuming they were all firing at the exact same time.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Do you guys ever get the Tank and just say "Man, isn't this thing supposed to be FASTER than the Survivors?"

I swear it feels like unless other infected intervene or the survivors get stuck on something you aren't going to get a hit in.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Do you guys ever get the Tank and just say "Man, isn't this thing supposed to be FASTER than the Survivors?"

I swear it feels like unless other infected intervene or the survivors get stuck on something you aren't going to get a hit in.
Yes, many times. And it absolutely pisses me off.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I don't think the tank should be as fast as survivors. I mean, it has enough advantages already. It can down a whole team in one hit from a dumpster or car. I never chase people for too long, because its not my job as a tank to track down one enemy and kill them (unless its convenient, corner etc.) When I'm a tank, I make sure i spread the team out and assist my fellow zombie brethren. If a hunter pounces and i meat shield them/guard from other survivors, that survivor is pretty much dead. Aside from places with high dumpster/car density, or rooftops, I find the best tank is a defensive one.

EDIT: And yes i realize that a molotov puts the pressure on, but chasing a single survivor and maybe hitting them once or twice isn't worth it. Rather ensure one's death than damage all around.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The Tank is supposed to be slightly faster than the Survivors. If you try to outrun a Tank on a straight path in single player/campaign he's going to catch you.

I only like getting the Tank when there's something to punch because it's so easy to get kited and hitting someone with a flying object is an instant incap.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
A survivor in green should be able to outrun a Tank, but the odds of everyone being in green when one does show up, isnt too good most times, thus forcing everyone to help defend sombody or just leave them and risk it all.

Puddin

Smash Lord
The Tank is supposed to be slightly faster than the Survivors. If you try to outrun a Tank on a straight path in single player/campaign he's going to catch you.

I only like getting the Tank when there's something to punch because it's so easy to get kited and hitting someone with a flying object is an instant incap.
A healthy survivor with Green Health CAN outrun tank, just try it, and no they shouldn't it doesn't even seem possible for a Tanks small legs to carry his massive upper body, and his arms can only carry him so fast.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this might be the second time I might be doing this but the newest game informer came out with the top 50 games of '08. L4D is obviously on it (and so it Brawl), but what is more surprising is how it got onto the lists of top 10. No, none of the survivors are on the Protagonists list (Raiden is, weird huh?), nor are they dorky, but L4D has placed on the top 10 moments of 08 (holding down the fort, ranked number 7. Making stuff was number 1), and one of the special infected got #3 on top 10 villains of 08. Hint, It is playable and is not a tank. Hint #2, you are really going to be grateful that there are friends around once you're attacked by one of these. Hint #3, the reason why It's even on the list is because it drags you out of a fight, up a building, and you can't even save yourself. Aw come on, that has to be a dead giveaway.

Congratulations to the smokers for winning #3 on Game Informer's top 10 Villains of 08.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Boomer's didn't even get an honorable mention? I mean come on, you can piss off an entire team of survivors with the mere sight of you're grotesquely disformed body, I don't like using Smoker's in Versus anyway.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Hey, not even the tank got an honorable mention. The reason the smoker got on the list is because he can drag you away from your buddies while you're surrounded, from a distance (and out of nowhere), and immobilize you. There isn't much scarier than being dragged up a building (OK, that may be overreacting. Smokers can't drag you up buildings) and the realization that you can't help yourself.

Don't worry for those who are pissed. World of warcraft and Fallout 3 came out with a better villain

Puddin

Smash Lord
It probably doesn't help that Valve thinks that using melee to get your teammate out of the tongue was too easy so they got rid of it with the patch. Seriously, why? Which Fallout 3 villain was on the list? Wait...do I really need to ask? Let me just guess, Deathclaws?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I know why....but its too horrible to mention :(
Oh dear god not even a day passes before people are making avatars of Super NINtenDoh...

Anyway, it would be nice if you could post a link so we can view it for ourselves instead of bringing the thread off topic asking about the list.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
It was a Video game magazine, not a Computer site! Oh, and The Fallout 3 Villain was John Henry Eden. "He" got #2.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Smokers are some of the most nefarious and ill-timed villains I've ever encountered.

I hate them so much, lol.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Does anyone else use scripts? Auto-melee and auto-pistol scripts are nice. I also like putting on the "pills?" loop. Scripts in general are pure ****.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
GI doesn't have a site? And...I'm subscribed to Game Informer, where is my issue?!
I don't know

PS: I got Portal today. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because:

A: It works, so L4D ain't such a big jump
B: It is sorta laggy at the end of levels, and during the final cutscene where I destroyed GLaDOS (there it was really laggy). So I'm gonna need a new video card, and an instructions on how I'm supposed to update My computer with it. Outside that, there isn't a whole lotta problems.

PPS: Unfortunately, I got a larger concern right now. For some reason, I can't get achievements. It says that I have to be logged into steam, yet when I tried this, I got nowhere. Can any of you help?

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Charizard92: What are you PC's specs and what are the specs you're running on Portal? Just curious.

And about achievements...you should be getting them automatically if you're logged into Steam, and if you're not logged into Steam at all times then...wait, why aren't you logged into Steam?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh dear lord Valve is aware of the MANY ways to block paths in No Mercy Versus right? God help us all if they don't, because there is a way to block the path in almost every No Mercy Chapter. Sewers? Check. Hospital? Check. Subway? Check. In three chapters can the Infected team block the path of the Survivors, this is bull**** and should not be happening.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
@ Charizard92: What are you PC's specs and what are the specs you're running on Portal? Just curious.

And about achievements...you should be getting them automatically if you're logged into Steam, and if you're not logged into Steam at all times then...wait, why aren't you logged into Steam?
I honestly don't know, I just know that the only bit I fall on is the video card thing.

I honestly don't know. I even tried logging on to steam and that didn't work.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I honestly don't know, I just know that the only bit I fall on is the video card thing.

I honestly don't know. I even tried logging on to steam and that didn't work.
You can go here: srtest.com to check out your comp's specs and compare them to game requirements.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh dear lord Valve is aware of the MANY ways to block paths in No Mercy Versus right? God help us all if they don't, because there is a way to block the path in almost every No Mercy Chapter. Sewers? Check. Hospital? Check. Subway? Check. In three chapters can the Infected team block the path of the Survivors, this is bull**** and should not be happening.
You must be playing the 360 version (that, or I'm REALLY lucky not to play with these *******s). I have yet to run into this problem on the PC.

And @ Charizard, you don't know how you're running Portal? Why don't you open it up, look under Options and then Video and tell me what your resolution is (and what your native resolution is on your monitor).

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Theres so many ways to block the path in No Mercy. Common/easy ones are in bold

Stage 1
-Force survivor(s) back into the first building, place car in front of only exit
-Put 2 or more cars in the narrow path between buildings.
-Put a car at entrance to subway (down the stairs)

Stage 2
-Not easy, but you may be able to block entrance to the last building by blocking the door and windows with cars in the street

Stage 3
-Put one of the dumpsters at the start in front of the door that leads to the cafe before the gas station. No real point though since you can roflpwn the survivors should you get a tank this early, theres like 50 dumpsters, even the car by the weps is moveable.
-In the storage room place, put the forklift in front of either of the entrances/exits of the store room.
-Hit a car over manhole right before entrance to the hospital.

Stage 4
-Place the forklift up top in front of one of the several places the survivors must pass. If you don't know where this is, you could theoretically just try and put it in front of safe room. But chances are you'll hit it off the edge or lose control.

Stage 5
-None (that I know of, at least)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman

Stage 1
-Force survivor(s) back into the first building, place car in front of only exit
Survivors can go up to the roof and jump off the side on to the AC unit

EDIT: Forgot you cant go back to the roof

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Stage 1
-Put 2 or more cars in the narrow path between buildings.
-Put a car at entrance to subway (down the stairs)

Stage 2
-Not easy, but you may be able to block entrance to the last building by blocking the door and windows with cars in the street

Stage 3
-Put one of the dumpsters at the start in front of the door that leads to the cafe before the gas station. No real point though since you can roflpwn the survivors should you get a tank this early, theres like 50 dumpsters, even the car by the weps is moveable.
-In the storage room place, put the forklift in front of either of the entrances/exits of the store room.
-Hit a car over manhole right before entrance to the hospital.

Stage 4
-Place the forklift up top in front of one of the several places the survivors must pass. If you don't know where this is, you could theoretically just try and put it in front of safe room. But chances are you'll hit it off the edge or lose control.

Stage 5
-None (that I know of, at least)
People actually do that? *hatches evil plan*

Are there any for Dead Air?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, I updated the graphics on my computer. The gameplay itself runs smoothly, but near the ends of levels There is some lag, not to mention the extreme amount of lag after defeating GLaDOS for some reason. Hopefully there aren't as many problems with L4D.

PS: the weird "I'm not logged onto Steam" problem resurfaced. I'm pretty sure I'm logged on, so there has to be some other problem.

Top Bottom