• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Middi

Smash Rookie
good on No Mercy finale and on skipping one of the horde events in death toll).
LOL why would you say that?

Have you ever actually done it successfully on No Mercy?

9/10 you either launch yourself off the side of the building since it doesn't shoot you straight at the chopper, or it launches you straight up, and when you touch the ground you either instantly die, or instantly get downed.

Or you could hit the wall and get downed...

It is not good on No Mercy, if you have successfully done this, please tell me how, because it seems insane.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I must be getting confused, you see I don't think I've ever had the patience to run through an entire Versus Campaign of Blood Harvest as an Infected, then as a Survivor for each level therefore have never made it to the Farmhouse Finale.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My favorite thing was in Death Toll. We summoned the boat, and after playing and dying numerous times, I figured a decent strategy - wait on the pier. I had managed to get two gas tanks and had them read for me, and when the second or third tank showed up, I began to run only to be smacked by the tank right next to the pier. Shot the gas tanks and waited for the boat. I could see two of my teammates pinned down inside, while another one managed to get through the fire wall to me. Right when the boat came, the zombies swarmed, and I jumped on and sailed away.

At least one of us survived... right?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I remember having something similar except we all made it, however a Tank climbed onto the boat just before the fourth guy got on.

Uh....success?

And whoever asked, I heard the reason why only two maps were up for vs was they were apparently too imbalanced to the undead, so I'd assume they've been working on tweaking it.

Sensai

Smash Master
They're being worked on at the moment, or at least that's the official word.

And I don't buy the whole 'too unbalanced for undead' thing. Valve knows that the game is Infected-sided, they say as much in the commentary.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't see certain parts of Dead Air being too exciting for the Infected, there's a lot of apartments and offices to go through at first.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
LOL why would you say that?

Have you ever actually done it successfully on No Mercy?

9/10 you either launch yourself off the side of the building since it doesn't shoot you straight at the chopper, or it launches you straight up, and when you touch the ground you either instantly die, or instantly get downed.

Or you could hit the wall and get downed...

It is not good on No Mercy, if you have successfully done this, please tell me how, because it seems insane.
OK, A, As I'll say multiple times, I don't have the game yet. What I say here is based on a collective look at other's people's opinion and forming my own.

Secondly, I might have left out the potential to overshoot, but then again, so far nobody has made calculations on how many times you have to hit the mini gun until you hit the right distance, so it is a high risk high reward system. If you like high rewards, you can try this. If you are smart, you'll be shaking your head at the idiot who tried.

Middi

Smash Rookie
It isn't even worth it on any basis, you save like... what? 10 seconds?
It doesn't matter how much you charge it, it doesn't shoot you toward the helipad, it shoots you to the right of it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but don't you think you should get the game before you give advice?

I know you can learn a lot by watching videos and reading up, but your whole view changes once you start playing, on almost everything.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, I get that the mini gun trick sucks except for like a 10 second save of time (which could also lead to one less person saved at the end). Yes, getting the game first can help, but so does getting a preview of what's to come, so You come more prepared (and less like the bumbling idiot that everyone kicks out of co-op).

Middi

Smash Rookie
Camp the top of the barn, or the little bathroom at the top of the stairs in the house.

When the tanks come, light them on fire and kite (outside), then get back to your spots asap.

If you are feeling frisky, get 4 autoshotties in the bathroom, and stay even when the tank comes, it gets a little crazy but you can usually kill it before someone dies.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Have two people with Auto-Shotguns and two people with M16's. Upstairs in the master bedroom there is a laundry room. Have the two people M16's jump up on the washer and drier...The two with Auto-Shotguns should crouch in the front. This will make it incredibly easy. When the Tank comes, go out on the balcony from the windows in that room. When the Tank tries to get up (hopefully he comes from the left), he will get stuck on a little edge on the next side of the house. He'll just stand there swinging his arms like a bumbling idiot.

Lather, rinse, repeat. When the 2nd Tank comes, that's your cue for pipe bomb/survivor bait time for the rescue vehicle.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay, had a very strange match in vs today. First level in No Mercy and we round the corner to head towards the safe point and we get jumped by a couple of hunters. No biggie, but then we get jumped by a third. Okay, not wierd, you can have three. I hear a smoker and can't help but think "oh ****" but then we get jumped by a fourth hunter. Yes, four hunters. Oh then a boomer shows up. What the hell? Six special infected?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I honestly don't know why. The only theory I got is that at least two of them were CPUs. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much sense does this make.

Sensai

Smash Master
omis?: Nope. I heard about it, but last I heard it was a mystery.

@ Crimson King, Mic 128: It was Vs. mode, meaning it was normal....which is really odd. The only thing I can think of is...nope, I got nothing. That is really really odd.

[Edit:]

Could be one of those 12 year old admins who really likes showing how cool he is by abusing power. But that's a stretch.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
This game has lost some novelty...

I remember how scared everyone was when they heard the witch.
I remember how exciting it got when the Tank came.
I remember how crazy it got in Finales.
And I remember how dynamic it got during Horde attacks.

Now it's just Cr0wning the witch with the shotgun.
Now it's just light the Tank on fire and run away for 30 seconds.
Now it's just camp in a Jesus spot and wait.
Now it's just huddling into the same corner and Meleeing/skipping Horde sections.

People have been breaking down that door before the lift in No Mercy and jumping off the roof onto the AC vents now. People also skip the lowering the ladder part in Dead Air. And sometimes they skip the WHOLE building section by jumping on some tree onto the street... -_-

I want people to become stupid about this game again. >_> **** achievement whores. I wish I had the PC version!
---
And yes, there was a recent update. Don't know what it's about...But I heard Valve is making the two other maps available for Versus.

Has anyone heard about the 4 new survivors Valve is adding?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

@ Crimson King, Mic 128: It was Vs. mode, meaning it was normal....which is really odd. The only thing I can think of is...nope, I got nothing. That is really really odd.

Could be one of those 12 year old admins who really likes showing how cool he is by abusing power. But that's a stretch.
You can change the mode to expert.

I know this because one game we played, the zombies had the boosts of expert level.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I really liked this game for the first three days after I got it, but now I never play it at all. Probably if I had XBL that would be different.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
This game has lost some novelty...

I remember how scared everyone was when they heard the witch.
I remember how exciting it got when the Tank came.
I remember how crazy it got in Finales.
And I remember how dynamic it got during Horde attacks.

Now it's just Cr0wning the witch with the shotgun.
Now it's just light the Tank on fire and run away for 30 seconds.
Now it's just camp in a Jesus spot and wait.
Now it's just huddling into the same corner and Meleeing/skipping Horde sections.

People have been breaking down that door before the lift in No Mercy and jumping off the roof onto the AC vents now. People also skip the lowering the ladder part in Dead Air. And sometimes they skip the WHOLE building section by jumping on some tree onto the street... -_-

I want people to become stupid about this game again. >_> **** achievement whores. I wish I had the PC version!
---
And yes, there was a recent update. Don't know what it's about...But I heard Valve is making the two other maps available for Versus.

Has anyone heard about the 4 new survivors Valve is adding?
Lol, I'm happy my friends are stupid about this game. My friend still doesn't know that he shouldn't shoot the witch.

Omis

my friends were skinny

Oops, I meant patch. I found out it does not stop barricading.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
After that update, I was able to melee the barricade out of the way as the survivers when some pricks tried it on my team. It was funny cause thier turn as survivers, we stopped them before they reached the first set of stairs. Why cant anyone play fair nowadays?

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Crimson King: I know you USED to be able to change the difficulty, but you can still do it?

That's good to know, as I feel that competitive L4D would be pretty ****ty if the Vs. mode had to be on Normal...

@ Kosuke: You're right. Crowning is about the dumbest thing ever...I mean, it makes sense...but it's SO frackin' easy. Also, I have not heard of the 4 new survivors. I'd love for you to enlighten me.

@ Dodongo: You bought a primarily multiplayer game...without the ability to play multiplayer? Bad call, mate. :-/

Oh, right, the reason I posted!

Major Updating Coming 'Very Soon' for PC AND 360.
http://kotaku.com/5125547/major-left-4-dead-update-coming-very-soon-to-pc-console

Puddin

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see the new survivors as well (if any.) Gordan Freeman + Left 4 Dead = the greatest game ever made? Crossovers? Just a suggestion.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Crimson King: I know you USED to be able to change the difficulty, but you can still do it?

That's good to know, as I feel that competitive L4D would be pretty ****ty if the Vs. mode had to be on Normal...
It's only normal mode now. Might be different on the 360, but on PC it's just normal.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think I figured out the Hunter thing, actually.

Apparently, there's an exploit for Infected players to join the Spectator's team and then rejoin as Infected...meaning that whatever they were is played by a computer. So, if you're on No Mercy 4 as an Infected, you can run up to after the elevator and simply switch teams....making a LOT of hunters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I am so going to do that once, next time I play against friends :D

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I love how a team of guys joined a game I was in the other night and right off the bat sent a message insulting us and telling us to prepare to be *****, then we won by a good 3k points and they started saying its cause they only had three people and thier 4th didnt have a mic. Then they re-challenged us with 4 friends and still lost, all of them quitting before we hit the loby again.

Gotta love the trash talkers.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The only Problem I might run into is my lack of Mike. If any of you are playing with me, I call dibs on the hunting rifle.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
If any of you are playing with me, I call dibs on the hunting rifle.
I'll make sure that I don't play with you, then. Unless you're a pro with that gun, but everyone who I've seen use that thing gets their *** *****.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Ive seen one guy use it and just devastate the infected with it. Every single shot was a headshot that sent Hunters flying away mid-pounce. It was pretty bad, but luckily the rest of his team was just running around like chickens with thier heads chopped off, so his efforts alone got wasted. Havnt seen anyone else really own up the field with the Hunting Rifle like that guy though.

Sensai

Smash Master
I must say, I'm a recently converted Hunting Rifle believer. A random guy was me and 2 friend's fourth survivor...and he did really well with it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
It's always nice to have at least one person on the team who's decent with the Hunting Rifle obviously because of it's power. Tanks go down fast, Regular Infected go down with a single shot, Special don't stand a chance (if you are saving another survivor,) and witches...witches just...are sort of there.

Although I'm already being affected by the "Haven't I done this before?" syndrome, AI Director or not a level design is a level design and no amount of zombie pattern mix up will change that.

Top Bottom