• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge grabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
I hate it when people ledge grab. it makes people look like little girls. it really pisses me off. it shows no skill and its just a ****** move lol. im not trying to start anything but im sure im not the only one who agrees. i think ledge grabbing is for noobs. so if u really are good at smash then dont use it. If u want to brawl let me know im always up for a match :)
plz tell me what u think about ledge grabbing here. thanks!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What does a little girl look like when she grabs the ledge? A man?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I do hope that you're mixing up terms and you're not against grabbing the ledge in general. I believe you're referring to "edgehogging", in which a player grabs the ledge before his or her recovering opponent to prevent them from recovering. Now, while a plethora of scrubs will agree with you in saying that edgehogging is "cheap", no one with a semblance of skill will agree with your opinion, nor will they stop edgehogging.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Yeah, recovery and winning is for scrubs.

Also, intelligent use of gimps is for losers.

Ruleset v3.2 plzzzzzz.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Actually, I don't think the OP was specific enough. Are you talking about when the opponent:
- spams ledge attack?
- grabs the ledge when THEY'RE trying to recover from offstage?
- grabs the ledge when YOU'RE trying to recover from offstage?
- continuously grabs the ledge to refresh invincibility?

Sagax04

Smash Rookie
I dont really get what your trying to say. Sometimes when I recover, My character grabs the edge and I get right back on stage? How does that make me a noob lol? Or do you mean people who use the ledge for invincibility?

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
what i mean is when someone grabs the ledge so there opponent cant when there trying to recover.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people post troll topics. it makes people look like little scrubs. it really pisses me off. it shows no intelligence and its just **** stupid lol. im not trying to start anything but im sure im not the only one who agrees. i think you are a noob. so if u really are good at trolling then post stuff like this. If u want to brawl let me know im always up for a match
plz tell me what u think about trolling here. thanks!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Getting the ledge is key when you're playing with a campy character, like Samus.
I don't see why ledge stalling is bad, i mean really, one slip up, and you can get stage spiked. No need to rant, though.

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
im a noob? i dont think so. im great at this game. im sure i can own u anyday.

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
want to know how else i can tell im good at this game? i dont need to grab the edge to kill u. i use skill. and dont tell me that ledge grabbing is a skill, cause all u do is jump off and grab the ledge nothing hard in that.

KidG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabrolicious
3DS FC
3737-9697-5875
who the **** are you talking to?

and how old are you?

your the cockiest person ever or the worst troll ever

:009:
how am i the cockiest person ever? i only said i will beat one person. not everyone on this thread.

Limeee

Smash Champion
you did say you would beat some person, some person that you dont know their skill level, or anything

also you called everyone competetive player a little girl

if you got edgehogged its your own **** fault
GG

:009:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What amount of skill does it require to slam the c-stick up with Fox to kill instead of a quartercircle motion with accurate timing?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Metaknight doesn't need the ledge to gimp Fox wut are u talking about.

If ur so butthurt by sucking with Fox's recovery then pick a a character that has a good recovery like a good portion of the cast that does not have a tether recovery, is not a space animal, or isn't Link.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My example just pointed out that edgehogging requires more skill than just a simple usmash kill with Fox where you just slam the stick up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
want to know how else i can tell im good at this game? i dont need to grab the edge to kill u. i use skill. and dont tell me that ledge grabbing is a skill, cause all u do is jump off and grab the ledge nothing hard in that.
Lol, scrubs and their self-imposed rules.

Look, if you put yourself into a situation where you could get edge-hogged it is YOUR OWN FAULT. No matter how easy it is to do.

I seriously hope you don't go around jumping into Falcon Punches and calling them cheap because they only take a button press to use.

Jem.

Smash Master
dont approach them if they're on the ledge then

if you have a lead theyre forced to approach

if you lost the lead get better thats your fault

- w0rds of w1sdom

if you meant ledge-hogging, get over it. when you play for money, you do what it takes. you dont sound like a serious competitive player anyways though, so maybe smashboards/aib aren't for you.

link2702

Smash Champion
either a very very very bad troll, or a insanely cocky idiotic noob who will have his ego crushed in a heartbeat by half the folsk on this board(lol....its always funnny when a casual finds this place/ends up facing a real competiitve player for the first time, think they "pwn" at the game..and then all the sudden see just what type of things they're up against....half of em have their minds completly blown, and their egos and the thought of them being "awesome" at this game crushed in a instant....lol....)probably both.

NNID
Budget_Player
Dear OP, read this. It may not solve your problems of being edgehogged a lot, but it will explain why we look down on you.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

In fact, the whole series of articles on Sirlin.net are very good and very helpful for gamers like you. In short, if you call something "cheap", that's my incentive to do it more until one of the following two things happen:
1. You lose
2. It stops working

And if it's so effective, why aren't you doing it?

That's it, thread's over, everyone can go home.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Why is this topic not pinned to show people how not to troll, play this game or make a topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom