• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
How long does it take to learn Kung Fu, and what's the training like?

:phone:
It varies from style to style and teacher to teacher. Unlike most martial arts that're officiated and sanctioned, Kung Fu doesn't have a set curriculum since it has so many families. The main reason why Jeet Kune Do was based off of Kung Fu is because Kung Fu is more of a philosophy than a strict set of rules and techniques.

That being said, it's a lot easier to answer the second than the first question. Training usually involves conditioning (strength and endurance), internal training (muscle control, breathing, etc.), external training (flexibility, power, speed, etc.) sparring and repetition. All things considered though, it takes many many years (at least 8 of relatively consistent training) to be proficient and consistent.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My attempt to look "hood." I grew my mustache for no shave November but it's growing on me (both literally and figuratively) so I think I'll keep it around for a while.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol I think it would have been a good idea to wait until the sun was in a different position. When I look at that picture all I can think of is that gif where the guy fades into darnkess and all that you can see of him is his eyes. Please tell me that someone has that on hand.

Teran?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Nah mosy of my gifs are just really rude.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Never do anything with TM, she'll spend the whole time taking secret pictures of you :mad:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Do they call you Nocturnalist because all of your pictures are taken at night?
I'm guessing that picture was taken at night but it was indoors.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Do they call you Nocturnalist because all of your pictures are taken at night?
I'm guessing that picture was taken at night but it was indoors.
its funny that you guys really into me name. i keep explaining the story to guys.it doesnt really matter. and no not all of my pictures are at night if you look at all the other shots i post on here. i have a wide variety of shots.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That'd be a real bright room if that pic was taken at night. Just sayin.

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
What happens when a prank war starts between 2 rooms on the third floor at my dorm...

304 (us) versus 306

My clementine. It's sad...because I stabbed it and left it outside 306's door.

During our hostage situation, the hostage managed to take a rug since they wouldn't let him back into their dorm anyway. We finally returned it after a few hours....
...they were impressed.

This prank war also involves a rap battle. We're losing because they sent us this with an awesome 2 minute track. It wasn't a kill shot though.....

We've had a fun weekend.

soju

SD God
Hmmm, so this is where Nocturnalist locks himself up in. Haven't been in here a while, and no fair noc-, posting pictures of you as a character you use. Gotta fire back.

And a normal one :D

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Soju with those hilarious Pika avatars.

Cute pics BTW.

You look really different in the 2nd one when you have your glasses on.

Also, this is my new car.......

Pikaville

I was and what's worse is there was someone in that passenger seat too.

It's a miracle neither of us had a scratch on us.

Pikaville

I wish man.

Nah I was driving too fast on a country road, didn't see a sharp corner on time and flipped the car into a ditch/tree.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Thought I'd share my drumset project here (maybe it should go somewhere in the art sections?). So, I'm a drummer, and I've been working on collage work on my set. It's an old set from the 70's, I believe, handed down to me by my father. I always liked the idea of personalizing your instrument/art, so I thought this would be a good way to make my set unique. Well, it isn't finished yet, but here's what I've got so far. Warning, pictures may be enormous:

[COLLAPSE="Full set (so far)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="High tom details (no hardware pictured)"]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Floor tom details"]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Bass drum progress"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I've made a bit more progress on the bass drum since that picture, but I'm back at school now so it will be awhile before I can finish it up. I've also touched up on what's pictured there, I felt like there were some so-so spots. All-in-all this is a fun project, just tedious and time-consuming, haha. This is also my first time ever doing collage work, so it may not be... good. Doesn't really bother me, I guess. The main point is that I did it, haha. I definitely think the floor tom came out better than the high tom, and the bass drum is coming along very nicely. The floor tom has that earthy look I was going for, and the high tom is more... trippy, I guess. Oh well, I'm rambling.

I will hopefully finish it when I'm home for spring break.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man why do I get the distinct impression you're Jewish?

Top Bottom