• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lain vs M2k/Dojo

Excellence

Smash Champion
The quality of those videos are just trash and I couldn't make things out as clearly as I wanted to, however I could still tell what's going on. To be honest, I don't think M2K was playing at his best, or even his usual for that matter. ICs versus MK is such a one sided match-up that Lain should have been decimated but the opposite is true here.

Good job to both players!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I hate the whole "_ has full advantage because_ shouldn't get grabbed" argument
If someones main goal is to grab you, they'll get at least one grab in a match. I am completely
against the CG ban, but people need to understand; Metaknight CAN get grabbed

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I hate the whole "_ has full advantage because_ shouldn't get grabbed" argument
If someones main goal is to grab you, they'll get at least one grab in a match. I am completely
against the CG ban, but people need to understand; Metaknight CAN get grabbed
So can everyone.

Every single character in the game can outspace the grabs. People get grabs because of mindgames/opponent being a douche.

Master Raven

Smash Master
To be honest, I don't think M2K was playing at his best, or even his usual for that matter. ICs versus MK is such a one sided match-up that Lain should have been decimated but the opposite is true here.
From what I'm observing it doesn't seem as bad as some people are making it out to be. I'm not saying it's close because I don't really know the matchup that well at all, but I see Lain slaying three good MKs in a row (Dojo, Seibrik, M2K), and he beats Judge quite often (in fact he's probably the most important MK we should seek to in regards to this matchup since he probably has more ICs exp than any other top MK at the moment).

TheStig

Smash Lord
how come nobody knows how to get away from popo or single cliber chain grab? you can just di away and you can't get grabbed again

lain

Smash Master
Yeah most characters can't, di isn't effective until certain %'s.

They recorded the vids, so it will be up soon in all it's clear glory.

Also, Meep is ****ing crazy as hell.XD

Snipa4800

Smash Lord

Awsome , we can watch you pwn in decent quality :p.
Btw lain , which grab do you prefer to use on wario?

lain

Smash Master
Dthrow -> foxtrot fthrow. I use that on all heavies since it's so easy to do. Once you get to the end you just hobble them once backwards and do it again.

meepxzero

Smash Master

Also, Meep is ****ing crazy as hell.XD
<33 lol i think imma pick up smoking just to stay calm in tourney :laugh:

i needa be consistent at cging like you.

Pretty sure u coulda beat m2k again. It kinda looked like you were getting tired because he started camping harder.

lain

Smash Master
<33 lol i think imma pick up smoking just to stay calm in tourney :laugh:

i needa be consistent at cging like you.

Pretty sure u coulda beat m2k again. It kinda looked like you were getting tired because he started camping harder.
XD do it. I swear to god it works.

Yeah I was pumped to play him again. I just didn't respond back to his spacing adjustments and got impatient. After I beat M2K I felt like the tourney shoulda been done LOL. sucked that there was more to play and then i lost embarrassingly afterwards. :[

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Are those two sets the only times you have fought M2K?

lain

Smash Master
Uhm. I 2-0'd everyone in pools (Kos-Mos, Pyronic Star). I beat Seibrik 3-1 in a MM IC vs MK. He won the first game because we both went random and I got ZSS and he got Olimar LOL. I also beat DMBrandon and Candy in a MM.

In bracket, I got a bye, then beat HAT, Dojo, Ninjalink, and M2K.

Top Bottom