• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 6 - The Finale - RESULTS!!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
In short? TOs: Don't tell people to play their matches until you check the bracket.

Players need to check their matches too.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Okay cool, people are acting like he betrayed you or something because you left the ruleset committee for him and stuff, but I just wanted to know how you actually felt. If you don't really care then I don't know why people are making a big deal over it. In the end it's just a game lol.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I thinlk I'll make this my last tourny. I just can't play this game anymore. I did not have fun at this thing and wish I would have stayed home. But this had nothing to do with how the tourmny itself. My brother pasted away and been in a ****ty mood. And I just can't seem to focus in this game. I just lose to everyone and can't play on point. Like I do fine at the start and then start gpoinmg aggressive for no reason. I never keep the same play style. And I know what to do. So just makes me feel sp stupid. I could be beating so many people yet I don't by playing like I started yesterday, rushing like a moron.

Three years of this and nothing clicks. Those 2 reasons is why I had a depressed face throught out the whole thing. I did not even wanna stay there anymore and just go home early. I might go to apex to support alex. But Im tired of freaking playing stupid when I know better and then get pissed losing to everyone. I entered singles but was not even added to the bracket. So I got refunded with an extra ten bucks for the error of not adding me. But I would have placed like crap so I guess it was a sign.

Nice seeing some old faces and and some new ones. Im going back to school and to my artwork. I'll make something out of that. Something I am good up. I give up here. I just cant do this anymore. its depressing and embarrassing.
I'm gonna miss you Dark peach you really enhanced my fear of Peach ever since I saw you play for the first time at Polybrawl 5. Also mad props to you for giving my crew memeber SGTW some peach tips because he's ****** me now lol. I hope your bro Rests in peace.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
In short? TOs: Don't tell people to play their matches until you check the bracket.

Players need to check their matches too.
SCROOGE ON SMASHVILLE lol next time I know you're at a tourney I'm going to mm you for lols.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Tourney was mad fun. I'm glad I got to meet all the people that I did. I didn't do -great-, but I think I did pretty good. Congrats to Ally winning and Anti swag surging on everybody. The M2K thing sucks, but 'ey, what can ya do?

Looking forward to hanging with you all again soon :D

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Okay cool, people are acting like he betrayed you or something because you left the ruleset committee for him and stuff, but I just wanted to know how you actually felt. If you don't really care then I don't know why people are making a big deal over it. In the end it's just a game lol.
Thing is I didn't leave the BBRRC for him so I don't see myself being betrayed. People have the wrong perception on why I left. He did help me decide to leave, but I didn't leave the BBRRC to let him come to KTAR.

It was because I realized my votes in the backroom were always overuled due to voting usually being one sided. The only reason I joined the BBRRC was to try to steer things the right way but no matter where I turned it lead to the same direction whether I thought it was right or wrong. Since my decisions didn't seem to matter much, I decided to leave. Nothing against the BBRRC at all, as votes becoming nullified is common in real life.

Them deciding to have no lgl on the first ruleset was the first layer of the cake. The players getting carded at KTAR was a layer or 2. The M2K being red carded was more like the final icing to the cake. There's only so much I'm willing to cope with that I agree don't upon.

My ruleset I used here was litterally Unity minus Brinstar. I like the Unity ruleset tbh and will likely use it in the future if either Brinstar or Cruise become banned.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Oh, and special shoutouts to Keitaro for being a boss and VGBC for putting in the time and effort for the streaming and having a good time at Denny's at 4 in the morning. **** was hype.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
Wait, what? I think you have the wrong person, man. I was the tall guy with the white shirt and the black NY hat. I don't recall doing or saying anything that gave you that impression of me, but I really am not arrogant. All we did was play a couple of matches and I was just being friendly with ya. Everyone thought I was chill and cool and whatnot, so I'm sorry that you feel that way about me (assuming you got the right guy lol)

:phone:
wtf DJ Jack, i wanted to say hi to your flashy falco but never got the chance to :/

_KiD_ from aib

Keitaro

I'll have the rest of the results for Melee, MVC3, SSF4AE, MK9 up tomorrow. I will also edit the tio file bracket correctly since a set or 2 was put in incorrectly.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So I heard people were saying I suck and I was free and stuff and I should've did better. Not gonna lie. Lie and DJ Jack made me look extremely free in the matches I lost to them. Can't john or anything I just got WRECKED LOL Congrats to My other Florida Falco for making me lose my first Falco ditto in brawl and placings pretty good. Also me and DJ Jack got 9th in teams so I think thats pretty good. Tourney was fun and I liked hanging out with everyone. KAG GEY MURPHY was funny too XD

B
lue freeze pops are top tier Anti is always happy for some reason and has tons of swag. Love hanging out with everyone OOS everyone loves me in person <3

Shout outs later cause I just spent and entire day getting home lol. But yea the best part about OOS tourneys is hanging with everyone. Good Sheee to everyone.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he likes wasting 200 dollar tickets. have fun payin that **** back to xaltis green*****

ANTi_

Smash Hero
So I heard people were saying I suck and I was free and stuff and I should've did better. Not gonna lie. Lie and DJ Jack made me look extremely free in the matches I lost to them. Can't john or anything I just got WRECKED LOL Congrats to My other Florida Falco for making me lose my first Falco ditto in brawl and placings pretty good. Also me and DJ Jack got 9th in teams so I think thats pretty good. Tourney was fun and I liked hanging out with everyone. KAG GEY MURPHY was funny too XD

B
lue freeze pops are top tier Anti is always happy for some reason and has tons of swag. Love hanging out with everyone OOS everyone loves me in person <3

Shout outs later cause I just spent and entire day getting home lol. But yea the best part about OOS tourneys is hanging with everyone. Good Sheee to everyone.
My negro Xaltis <3

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I thinlk I'll make this my last tourny. I just can't play this game anymore. I did not have fun at this thing and wish I would have stayed home. But this had nothing to do with how the tourmny itself. My brother pasted away and been in a ****ty mood. And I just can't seem to focus in this game. I just lose to everyone and can't play on point. Like I do fine at the start and then start gpoinmg aggressive for no reason. I never keep the same play style. And I know what to do. So just makes me feel sp stupid. I could be beating so many people yet I don't by playing like I started yesterday, rushing like a moron.

Three years of this and nothing clicks. Those 2 reasons is why I had a depressed face throught out the whole thing. I did not even wanna stay there anymore and just go home early. I might go to apex to support alex. But Im tired of freaking playing stupid when I know better and then get pissed losing to everyone. I entered singles but was not even added to the bracket. So I got refunded with an extra ten bucks for the error of not adding me. But I would have placed like crap so I guess it was a sign.

Nice seeing some old faces and and some new ones. Im going back to school and to my artwork. I'll make something out of that. Something I am good up. I give up here. I just cant do this anymore. its depressing and embarrassing.
That sucks, I'm sorry about your loss. Was good seeing you again though, and don't give up. If that consistency problem is the only problem you have then you can easily fix that and go back to ****** everybody :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Got back not too long ago. The usual happened...held it down/carried in teams, for one reason or another straight up sucked *** in singles. I plan to fix this by Apex, which is the next OOS tourney i'll be flying to for brawl

shoutouts to all of florida who also came. made the tourney that much more fun for me personally. We'll do better as a collective whole next time

shoutouts to Keitaro for the tourney hosting, ride from airport, and teaming.

To the two people who gave me a shoutout in regards to me vs m2k...lolwut? im confused

I missed so many MMs at this and im sorry. I'll make a new MM thread for apex and I'll actually have time to do them all, since I'll probably be flying in that thursday beforehand.

ggs to all I played in MMs/singles/dubs. I think I actually learned something, which is something I havn't done in awhile from brawl that I didn't already know before

also ggs to those who bodied me in AE. still bad at that game too (its only been like a month), but I'll be on point by CEO/EVO, which is all that matters

special shoutout to dfear/will for using the team combo that I TAUGHT THEM, against me, and killing me with it. It made me both salty and proud at the same time :laugh:

See you guys at Apex. By then hopefully I wont be so bad in singles, but one can only hope. Also, someone good team with me I've proven I hold it down in dubs (except if im wario against olimar...cant do it bro sorry)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That sucks, I'm sorry about your loss. Was good seeing you again though, and don't give up. If that consistency problem is the only problem you have then you can easily fix that and go back to ****** everybody :D
Thanks for the words and same for the others as well. I really did not wanna come to this thing. But peeople suggested that I be around people to get my mind off things. And not be alone so much. So decided to go and show support for KTARS tourny. But me playing like **** just made me feel stupid about myself. Even for friendlies. I just can't seem to do **** right. This is the first time I have ever wanted to just go home while I was at a tourny. I just did not wanna be there anymore.

Someone suggested one thing to me. I need like some coach. Never really had one. If anything I usually have people rooting against me. me fight gay characters with a mid tier and they always want the high tiers to win. usually a big crowd for my opponent and nothing for me. I think that is the only reason I'll play again. I have grown tired of burning cash just to play stupid. If I am gonna waste money at a tourny, I wanna play for real. To me that is money well spent.

Nairo

i didnt get mad ally its ok we kno how 2 beat them nao >:D and every1 is free but ally(good comeback 1st game WAS GAY LOL) and anti(i hate you SHADOLOO STILL) :I

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Thanks for the words and same for the others as well. I really did not wanna come to this thing. But peeople suggested that I be around people to get my mind off things. And not be alone so much. So decided to go and show support for KTARS tourny. But me playing like **** just made me feel stupid about myself. Even for friendlies. I just can't seem to do **** right. This is the first time I have ever wanted to just go home while I was at a tourny. I just did not wanna be there anymore.

Someone suggested one thing to me. I need like some coach. Never really had one. If anything I usually have people rooting against me. me fight gay characters with a mid tier and they always want the high tiers to win. usually a big crowd for my opponent and nothing for me. I think that is the only reason I'll play again. I have grown tired of burning cash just to play stupid. If I am gonna waste money at a tourny, I wanna play for real. To me that is money well spent.
I mean, I'd wanna help out but I'm still bad lol. Like, with the whole coach thing, all I know is I really appreciated the help you gave me at that KOTC tourney we were at. You pointed out things that I should have seen, but didn't act on them until you said something. And because of it, I was able to comeback and get some wins at least.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Despite my placing I'm entirely impressed with myself and my overall play yesterday.
My winning set vs Omari- I took this set very seriously and played it the safest I possibly could with DK. I've pretty much decided that Mario is free vs dk and almost everyone else. Stop playing him.

Malcolm- it was cold a couple times this weekend lol Teams was hype in that room.
Neo- good lookin out for playin me for that long. Not many people have the endurance to sit n play someone for hours when they can punish so many mistakes. I'm focusing on becoming more of a challenge so watch.

Kingtoon- toonlink is real, I'm a believer. Kirby takin Jason to last stock?? Woooord.

Jtails- that Dk vs diddy set was crazy. Wish it wouldve been recorded. Some of the wildest stuff happens in friendlies.

I took my first loss to Bizkit. Snake vs DK both matches. I played this as patiently as I could and made no real major mistakes. Taking one of the best snakes to last stock in a match people constantly try to get me to switch on felt good.

2nd loss was to budgetplayercadet?? Explain the name??
I gave that set my all. Had I been Dk all 3 rounds I think the set woulda been all the sweeter. I look forward to reliving those matches when you upload them.

Everyone else I had extensive play with, forgive me I appreciate you.
Everyone who watched me play and has advice, much love.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
not really, Anti is really good at the Lucario MU.
I was actually pleasantly surprised at how he did for that game, I thought Anti would dump on him (which he did game 2, but still). I did the funniest little fist pump when I saw Anti's reverse shuttle loop turn back on him game 1, I totally hate how he's reapplied that gimp move on Lucario, so it was sweet justice seeing it end up killing him lulz (<3 Anti though, nice meeting you @ Genesis 2 btw).

Junebug 2 good, showing why he's still a top contender for best of his character. I definitely want to see Junebug v. M2K, I heard M2K at a previous tournament tore Junebug a new one when he went full ****** aggro on him.

NNID
Budget_Player
Wait, what? I think you have the wrong person, man. I was the tall guy with the white shirt and the black NY hat. I don't recall doing or saying anything that gave you that impression of me, but I really am not arrogant. All we did was play a couple of matches and I was just being friendly with ya. Everyone thought I was chill and cool and whatnot, so I'm sorry that you feel that way about me (assuming you got the right guy lol)

:phone:
Jack is a good soul, man. I second this. I can't imagine him being conceited from what I saw.
Whoops. Must have the wrong guy. The guy I meant was the ******* who was practicing planking by playing 15-minute brawl on a free setup and then not relinquishing it after being asked. I thought he said he was DJ Jack, but then again he was ****ing with me the whole day so I dunno. Sorry for the mixup.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

I think I played your Peach with Fox in a set with Melee. If it means anything, I was actually really impressed with the way you played, especially since you haven't focused on Melee as much, you learned quickly and have really good defense / trades. Sad to see you go, and yeah I could tell you weren't really into it but I hope everything goes well for you.

Zhu - Friendlies vs you were fun ^.^
LOOOOOOL yeah man. My ICs were doing better than my Sheik LOOOOOOOOOOL ah man. good times =D

Top Bottom