• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
ok guys im a god and got a 90 on my science test today and a 97 in math yesterday and just clutched my chance to come here so now im almost defff coming so like i got a MM planned with MAV so like who else would like to MM ask me here but i could say no incase something tragic happens as in me losing my MMsd

also i havent played in a month so i should be easy XD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo ally me vs you mm. 2 bucks for fun. Any char.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Keitaro lets do the traditional fighter thingy :)

I think we're the only game that does carrying over in crew battles.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Traditional fighter = 3v3
With stocks = Crews but smaller

Thats pretty much what it is.

I say do Traditional fighter, allow one character each ( like with traditional only pick one of the same character ) and see how fun it can be.

Again just a few thoughts.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If its done traditional fighter style then maybe stocks should be dropped to 2 or 1

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Brawl is not street fighter. This game has stocks, and carrying over damage with stocks. it shouldnt even be considered. if we're gonna try and mimic them, might as well make every match 1 stock. then it could probly work.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It is true this is not SF but this is something we should consider. Im presenting the two options. Im sure Keitaro will choose the one best for the event. I only suggest one player per character ( aka no team of 3 mks ) as a strategic game like SF does...though it would hinder people so it might not be the best idea.

just throwing it out there.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Alright guys, I really like this idea of 1 stock per player to mimic the traditional style of 3v3. Would make every match intense since it'll always be last stock lol!

If its done like that I'm for it. I still like the old idea but this idea is very interesting too (also both better and faster :D)

I just feel bad if I change the rules for triple once again :( but if I'm able to find a better solution for an event then imma shoot for it, especially if people want it.

What do you guys think? Traditional 3v3 with 1 stock per player or my original rules of 3 stock per player with carry overs.

So traditional w 1 stock or carry over with 3 stock?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I like the 1 Stock, Best of 3 option. But then again, I probably won't be entering triples, so I may be making it worse for everyone else. But yeah, that's my $0.02.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
cool...1 stock matches. So I only have to time out a top player once! what happens in that case?

Keitaro

cool...1 stock matches. So I only have to time out a top player once! what happens in that case?
If you time out a top player with 8 mins on the clock ill give you $10 bucks out my own pocket lol!

And like Ksiz said, its wouldn't be best of 3, just move on to the next player.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
he meant instead of every player in the crew playing, only best of 3. so if the score is 2-0, there is no 3rd player on the losing crew.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
he meant instead of every player in the crew playing, only best of 3. so if the score is 2-0, there is no 3rd player on the losing crew.
thats stupid and means it isnt traditional. that last guy can make a a comeback and win it. if you want best of 3, make it a doubles tourney with same rules as triples.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
No, I meant what they said, when two people face each other, they play a best of three set with one stock. I know that isn't what Keitaro and everyone else said, but I like the idea of it being best of 3 for each set. It would closely resemble how it works in Street Fighter. Just sayin'.

Keitaro

We haven't even changed anything yet. Right now its looking like it'll stick to the original carrying of stocks 3v3 with 3 stocks since people have varying versions of how they want traditional.

Maybe another time we can try out traditional but we'll just stick with my original 3v3 rules especially since the tourney is next week which would be too close to change the rules imo.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Alright NJ/NY mid tier players, bout to **** you hoes for 5 dollas.

RJ, Helper R, inconsistent Doom, Johnzipcode, Shippo, Bleachigo n many more, FUND MY TRIP
I'll moneymatch you with my Falco for anywhere around $60-$2000?

I use Lucario a bit if you wanna MM that for 5-ish.

Top Bottom