• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@Logic: Fantastic! <3
EDIT : The traditional fighter style is like if we just throw in Ally against Shippo/Inferno/Korobeniki and me and ADHD don't have to be used if he beats them?
Pretty much.

I'm really against that style guys :/ I'm usually very willing to make changes but that just seems gay. I pretty much just would like to do a version of crew with 3 players ya know.

mib004

Smash Ace
keitaro so your saying that every stage is legal in tripples with no bans? It will still be random select to every board right, Unless the next person coming up in the tipples match picks the board then the previous winner of the last match can change their character. Is that how you are doing it.

I dont like the traditional style fighter, crew battle rules better.

Keitaro

Its gonna be that way MIB. Strikes for starter stages first match. Then the for the other matches the stage will be chosen by opponent from one of the starters/cps and then you can switch character if you'd like and then opponent chooses character and the match starts.

mib004

Smash Ace
So the winner of the previous match has to stay the same the character unless the next opponent wants to choose the stage. But if the next opponent wants to just pick random then the winner of the previous match stays the same character correct "that's the official crew battle rules for smash that would be perfect".

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, I'm not sure how keeping all stocks would work in smash.

Street fighter is quicker and taking one round off of a top player seems more likely in that game since you only have to take off 1 game. Plus street fighter resets and life is replenished after you take off one round where as smash doesn't reset if you take off 1 stock so I can see it being a lot tougher to take out a top player with their rules

M@v

Subarashii!
If you kept all stocks, chances are a top play like ally or larry could tear through 90% of teams all by themselves

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If you kept all stocks, chances are a top play like ally or larry could tear through 90% of teams all by themselves
That's pretty much how it works in tekken also.

MLG Cbus 3v3, Holeman never had to play for his team, and he made plenty of bank from it. Holeman won singles btw. All of the individual korean players that were there made it so he never had to play.

Keitaro

Yeah I don't like that. Enter triples to have my entire team lose ADHD while knowing Ally AND Anti are sitting around just in case?? Lol no thanks.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Brawl has more momentum shifts then Street fighter so I'm not sure if it would be a good idea.

Like in street fighter. A semi-pro player could take a game off Justin Wong my crossing him up a couple times Where as beating M2K or Ally you have to actually out smart them multiple times and completely out play them.

So replenishing stocks would probably be a bad idea. It WOULD be a lot more HYPED though. Seeing your team mate going to last stock last hit against the opponent and then taking the win would be awesome

M@v

Subarashii!
I still probably need on a 3v3 team...any PA people need someone :3.

I have a backup team, but one probably isnt coming/other isnt fancy about teams.

Keitaro

I think more than half the players aren't gonna have a triples team by the day of the tourney and will be walking around asking people.

But do your best guys to find partners before the tourney, it'll be easier on the mind.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
was curious, so I asked who he was...
so I would know if he was random #213 or a decent player I beat in tourny... all pa players fall into this category

*still **** talking after the crew battle L*

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
mmm, k.

You obviously took that you got close in pools way too seriously.

telling M2K and all that jazz.

Relax, you still lost the set.
Not really bro, it's just my IC's got alot better.

was curious, so I asked who he was...
so I would know if he was random #213 or a decent player I beat in tourny... all pa players fall into this category

*still **** talking after the crew battle L*
I don't talk **** about the crew battle, PA does.

M@v

Subarashii!
I dont talk trash, and neither does PA. Ufb talks trash + smurf but we all know he's j/k with it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
No, Smurf does actually trash talk, as does Fury and most of UFB, and you do to kinda Mav, I try not to trash talk much, being humble is better IMO.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Yes majority of PA does trash talk but thats because we are infested with black people..

leavesbeforepeoplerealizeimblack

Top Bottom