• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allied

Smash Master
Doom, is your car full? is anyone from around here in your pool? Nairo needs a ride. If there's an extra spot, I'll probly go.

Nairo needs a teammate. Someone good. No MKs.

I probly wont enter teams unless i get someone amazing like allied. team with meh.
sorry sir not coming to this event ._. another time <3

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i agree. your goal should be to win the tourney, not to try and place 5th for some money. winning a hard tourney should be rewarded so. who cares if this region is hard? everyone is beatable.

@ Yes

oh wtf no duplicate characters? sigh gay. welp makes me less pumped for this event. even mlg crossed out the rule when it appeared for doubles but whatever.
Yea, it's a dumb rule imo.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Its all good, actually my fault since I haven't finalized the triples rules yet.

Triples Rules:

3 players per team
3 stocks per player
Starter stages only
No duplicate characters per team per set
8 min time limit per match
If you lose a stock or 2, you continue the next match with your remaining amount of stocks left

Those are the basic rules for triples for now. Gonna put them on the front page now and emphasize on it after class.
So, now it's basically just a miniature crew battle tournament.

Bleh.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
:0

I can change it to duplicates allowed. But if so cps will be allowed with 2 bans per player.

How's that sound?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Keitaro i know you like to make your tournaments different than others but

we're experimenting by having triples done for the first time in atlantic north

can you just do it by normal rules? which is crew battle rules. normal stages allowed. normally there wouldnt be a ban but your stage list is ridiculous so maybe there should be something BUT normally when someone counterpicks, the player who last won gets to decide to switch characters. thats it. no other benefit like banning.

just my 2 cents. starting something new here. dont make it crazy lol if it works out well then in the future more tournaments can have it here and twists can be added.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Kelvin: I have two spots but you can only ride with me if you give me that Mysterious Figure song first. ;)

Looking for triples teammates. I'm back and good again, btw.

mib004

Smash Ace
I think the no duplicate rule is a great idea, now for doubles that's a different thing you should be able to have duplicate characters in a doubles match with no problem. Having no duplicates in triples is more competitive. minus people doing meta meta meta meta meta meta.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah disregard my earlier post. nairo is with atomsk.

slikvik, i figured out money stuff and i dont think ill be able to enter doubles. ima just enter singles and triples. if however i somehow wake up to money one of these days ill ask if you dont have a teammate lol but yea

me and nairo will be here in dooms car with cable, pwii hopefully

MIB: learn to fight MK. you or anyone will still lose to person if hes better regardless. it doesnt matter.

mib004

Smash Ace
yeah disregard my earlier post. nairo is with atomsk.

slikvik, i figured out money stuff and i dont think ill be able to enter doubles. ima just enter singles and triples. if however i somehow wake up to money one of these days ill ask if you dont have a teammate lol but yea

me and nairo will be here in dooms car with cable, pwii hopefully

MIB: learn to fight MK. you or anyone will still lose to person if hes better regardless. it doesnt matter.
lmao Trust me Metaknight is the last character i am worried about in a tourney i have 0 problems against him, and idc who plays him except m2k and anti. Its just it would be annoying to see EVERY TRIPLES TEAM WITH AT LEAST 2 OF THEM ON A TEAM OF 3.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
lmao Trust me Metaknight is the last character i am worried about in a tourney i have 0 problems against him, and idc who plays him except m2k and anti. Its just it would be annoying to see EVERY TRIPLES TEAM WITH AT LEAST 2 OF THEM ON A TEAM OF 3.
Except that won't happen, he may be popular, but hes not THAT popular.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
repetition is not a big deal at all. there are only a select few in this region who can actually be good with mk, all the other ones arent gonna be much threats. if i see multiple mks on screens, i wouldnt care. more money for me :)

if duplicates get banned, ill just go lucario or falco so nairo can go mk.

Keitaro

There are surely a decent amount of players that could be threatening mks but don't put time in to fully learn him imo. 2ndarying mk won't get most players far. You gotta be like Inui and completely drop your first mains (he mained Pit then Marth now Meta)

I get what your saying Ksiz but if there are to be cps in any event it'll be the ones already mentioned to keep things consistent.

Final decision will be made tonight since I wanna get these triples rules finalized.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
There are surely a decent amount of players that could be threatening mks but don't put time in to fully learn him imo. 2ndarying mk won't get most players far. You gotta be like Inui and completely drop your first mains (he mained Pit then Marth now Meta)
Gonna have to correct you on this.

Early 2008 Inui
"I'm just gonna camp with pit's arrows this is easy!"
One Month Later
"I'm just gonna chain grab everyone with DDD!"
Mid 2008
"Fire emblem is awesome! I'm going to use Marth!"
Summer 2008
"Snake's too broken not to use LOL"
Fall 2008
"Metaknight is everything, he's all I ever wanted; I can win a set now even if I've never won it..."

I love you Lucas <3

Keitaro

I'm allowing duplicates and characters won't be locked so you can switch characters after a stage is announced.

All of KTAR 3's Starter stages and CPs will be available for cp with no bans for triples. Start practicing on them stages people.

Gonna update the first post with triples rules now.

Zucco

Smash Master
for dabuz's sake, and since Inui is banned and I have to be the one to post this, Inui and I are not doing triples anymore.

Inui dropped out because of single elimination, and while I also think single elimination is gay, I just rather watch the triples matches lol.

Keitaro

Triples Rules

3 players per team
3 stocks per player
Single Elimination
1-2-1 stage strike for first match, all starters cps available for rest
No bans
8 min time limit per match
If you lose a stock or 2, you continue the next match with your remaining amount of stocks left
Samus is banned
40 LGL

Keitaro

I tested Samus out in triples and she's clearly broken. 99% chance a team with Samus on it will win even while sandbagging. ZSS is allowed but Samus is strictly banned.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Judge death is gonna lose to my ZSS at this yo!

but if for some reason he anally ***** me, ill just bring out the tiara wearing faag.

lets get it!

Top Bottom