• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
yeah man. the two usb ports in the back can act as extra control slots.

so...i don't have a teammate again.

anyone decent wanna team?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
That would be pretty cool to see what an actual 3v3 would look like. We'd need to start allowing bigger stages to stop it from being too chaotic. Nintendo needs 6 or more ports on their next console =/

_umbra_

Smash Champion
So, Mav is dragging my fat *** out to this tournament, looks like I'm coming out of retirement ^_^

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
what kind of controller?
I was just playin' bro. It'd be like 3 people against 3 people in a crews sense. What I'd like Keitaro to establish is if it's bo3 or last man standing.

Also, teaming with doom, because metaknight is everything, and he's all I've ever wanted.

Hanzhou

Smash Journeyman
No one to play smash with South Jersey -Keith Kush
For a certain amount of payment :0 I may be able to come pick you, Jban, and Hanzou up from where you guys live friday night, have you guys sleep over and drive with me to the tourney (i live 5 mins from the tourney) and after the tourney drive you guys back home.
This would be excellent and we could prolly get some training in that night.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I hope you guys know that team events take forever in faster fighting games, so expect 3v3 in Brawl to last foreverer.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I hope you guys know that team events take forever in faster fighting games, so expect 3v3 in Brawl to last foreverer.
Speaking of this, I was going to mention that the side event (triples) may be single elimination depending on how things are going throughout the tourney.

Will most likely be single elim honestly.

I saw SIIS3 go on till 3 am and have decided on single elim, especially cause I'm planning to have everything end at 10.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Speaking of this, I was going to mention that the side event (triples) may be single elimination depending on how things are going throughout the tourney.

Will most likely be single elim honestly.

I saw SIIS3 go on till 3 am and have decided on single elim, especially cause I'm planning to have everything end at 10.
Yeah, this is a good idea imo. It's only a side event, so hopefully no one gets salty and tries to protest against your decision.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Doom, is your car full? is anyone from around here in your pool? Nairo needs a ride. If there's an extra spot, I'll probly go.

Nairo needs a teammate. Someone good. No MKs.

I probly wont enter teams unless i get someone amazing like allied. team with meh.

M@v

Subarashii!
if someone needs a person for a 3v3 team hit me up. I might have one already, but one person may drop, dropping the whole thing.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Doom, is your car full? is anyone from around here in your pool? Nairo needs a ride. If there's an extra spot, I'll probly go.

Nairo needs a teammate. Someone good. No MKs.

I probly wont enter teams unless i get someone amazing like allied. team with meh.
I'd team with you or your brother. Basically i just need an mk doing mk **** while i support and fish for kills with G&W/Wario

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I'm not confirmed for this yet guys. i need to see the costs of how im gonna get here + tourney. just bought laptop n psp so money is tight. if it isnt much to get here and do everything then

I'll team with you slikvik if allied has a teammate/ doesnt wanan team. i promised him a while back. nairo was asked by jtails so if he has no to him, ill ask for you.

also

Cable
ksizzle
Nairo

triples

Zucco

Smash Master
I need to figure out if shadow is going or not.

otherwise I have no partner, but I dont mind missing teams if I dont have a good partner I guess.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
basically

it's 3 vs 3 and it's like a crew battle

stocks don't matter though, if you win you fight the next person with all of your stocks. this means one person could bring it back. If you win you have to stay your character. I don't know how stage CPing would work since they don't do that in SSFIV

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
same as crew battle except with 3 people per team. single elimination.

doom is picking up cable and cable lives couple blocks from me. if he has room in the car for me and nairo, well go. if room for one more, nairo goes.

edit: gimr, since when do the players get back all the stocks? i thought it was normal. thats what triples is. ive been keeping up with the thread and didnt see this rule. if its like that, might as well give the event a different name lolz

Keitaro

basically

it's 3 vs 3 and it's like a crew battle

stocks don't matter though, if you win you fight the next person with all of your stocks. this means one person could bring it back. If you win you have to stay your character. I don't know how stage CPing would work since they don't do that in SSFIV
I'm actually having it that if you win with 1 stock left you'll fight the next person on the opponent's crew with 1 stock left.

@ Ksizzle/Nairo: Allied previously stated in this thread that he's not going cause he doesn't support the stage list although he entered and attended SIIS3 and multiple MLGs that have crazier stage lists so I'm not sure if he changed his mind. Just a heads up.

@ Mav: Yeah its 9 total with 3 stocks per person.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
edit: gimr, since when do the players get back all the stocks? i thought it was normal. thats what triples is. ive been keeping up with the thread and didnt see this rule. if its like that, might as well give the event a different name lolz

Well I thought it was being done like street fighter players do it, and street fighter players don't give games or rounds away even if they'd lost them in the last match.

I'm actually having it that if you win with 1 stock left you'll fight the next person on the opponent's crew with 1 stock left.
K so it's basically crew battles with 3 players per team. got it. sorry for the confusion LOL

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
pay out to actual top 5. have the two 5th placers play a set. give the other 4% back to 1st. Getting less than half the pot is whack.

also

yes!
will
kirin (pending)

Keitaro

Its all good, actually my fault since I haven't finalized the triples rules yet.

Triples Rules:

3 players per team
3 stocks per player
Starter stages only
No duplicate characters per team per set
8 min time limit per match
If you lose a stock or 2, you continue the next match with your remaining amount of stocks left

Those are the basic rules for triples for now. Gonna put them on the front page now and emphasize on it after class.

pay out to actual top 5. have the two 5th placers play a set. give the other 4% back to 1st. Getting less than half the pot is whack.

also

yes!
will
kirin (pending)
Most tournaments that pay out top 5 do it the way I'm doing it and I like it better this way. If anything, top 5 payout makes more people enter at the chance of getting 5th which gives more money to first. Win win situation imo.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i agree. your goal should be to win the tourney, not to try and place 5th for some money. winning a hard tourney should be rewarded so. who cares if this region is hard? everyone is beatable.

@ Yes

oh wtf no duplicate characters? sigh gay. welp makes me less pumped for this event. even mlg crossed out the rule when it appeared for doubles but whatever.

Top Bottom