• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
no that just me who did something really stupid and gotten punish with a lightning kick and dieing a low percent (100%) >.>

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Matchup experience, ppl... if Earth had Bowser problems (there are like little to no Bowsers in Jaan), it further proves my point in which matchups are important. So why aren't we discussing them much again?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Well, the MU thread is moving a long, so that's good. We're on Ike right now, but I do agree that we need to discuss more MU's. Hopefully the MU thread will have detailed explanations on all the characters pretty soon. It is very important to at least know the parameters of other characters.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I mean you could at least give Fyre some credit. They were friendlies, but I don't sandbag in friendlies. She beat my mk with pit in some friendlies and it was legit.

Pit vs mk is not THAT bad of a mu, tko..

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Lee I mean I Play omni all the time and Im not getting any closer beating him then I was before

all my characters have a hard time against a Super safe MK

Kirby has no safe approach...like what ever I do I have to fully commit to that ****

I'm still learing the inner workings of pit so maybe its just matchup experience on my part...but from what im doing now..**** is hard

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
tko, i'm learning a few things to do against mk .. i just have to try them out hah

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I mean you could at least give Fyre some credit. They were friendlies, but I don't sandbag in friendlies. She beat my mk with pit in some friendlies and it was legit.

Pit vs mk is not THAT bad of a mu, tko..
Well it is bad if the MK knows the MU.

Only thing Pit has on MK is grabrelease > dashattack. ._.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Koolaid Like Im still in that awkward stage of Pit where Cstick is my best friend

Like the best friend Im trying to get rid of.

Lately though Ive been replacing my Fsmashes with Jabs which is working to great sucess...also been using more nair and stuff...all I really have to do is cut down on using AR like an idiot and I shud have a pretty solid pit after that.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Koolaid Like Im still in that awkward stage of Pit where Cstick is my best friend

Lately though Ive been replacing my Fsmashes with Jabs which is working to great sucess...also been using more nair and stuff...all I really have to do is cut down on using AR like an idiot and I shud have a pretty solid pit after that.
Jab and dtilt are good alternatives for fsmash. I personally still use fsmash if someone hits me from behind because I'm too lazy to turn around + jab, or if the opponent is on really low % so you'll refreshed your fsmash when he's in kill %.
Nair is a really good move in some matchups, it's bad against small chars like MK and Olimar though.
AR is a bad move.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
God****it, why do I even try to help this baords out if people are just trolling my fucking thread, now it got closed. I'm not even going to bother making a video about how to Arrow cancel. If you guys want to see how it's done, I hope I'll get tourneymatches of me on youtube soon, which I doubt. Otherwise, screw you guys.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
God****it, why do I even try to help this baords out if people are just trolling my ****ing thread, now it got closed. I'm not even going to bother making a video about how to Arrow cancel. If you guys want to see how it's done, I hope I'll get tourneymatches of me on youtube soon, which I doubt. Otherwise, screw you guys.
:(

Please don't go, you're helpful and contribute to these boards. Just because some people were jerks doesn't mean there aren't good friendly players who can benefit from your knowledge, and visa versa.

Besides, the people who routinely visit these boards aren't the ones who trolled your thread.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
It's still gay, I think I did enough with my Wings of Revealing Light video.

Oh about that, please people don't ask dumb questions like for example Koolaid, if it's usefull in competetive play. then say "you'll perfect it and see if it's helpfull" and ask a day later on these boards how to bair out of WoI. No, it's not helpfull don't bother. Abuse it in friendlies or something.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Bashing is one of the main reasons why I think the Pit boards don't get that much activity >__>.

Almost always, when someone posts something new, this is the general time line of their thread:

1. It either is taken seriously at first, or it is immediately bashed.
2. If it hasn't been bashed yet, it starts to get bashed, or the bashing gets worse.
3. Heated arguments ensue.
4. The thread just turns into utter nonsense.
5. It gets locked.

Steps 4-5 don't happen too often, though. But almost 90% of the time, this is what happens to newly made threads that have some new finding about Pit, a thread that better explains an old move, or a thread that revisits debates on old moves.

This just discourages people from posting here in generall. They're afraid of getting bashed on these boards and that's a sad thing. Usually boards who are introduced to a new idea welcome it. The fact that the Pit boards disregards many things about Pit, and bash the ones who try to find new findings on a move, is really sad.

It's like Ayoubs thread; new finding is introduced, and somehow it goes into a "American Pits vs. European Pits" thread of bashing.

We just need to improve on this kind of thing, because it gets tiring to see these boards bash people again and again >__>.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman

arrows should be your best friend. safest option that i learned recently.
also if you get a stock lead. i think you should ONLY use arrows to bait and progess with some momentum(unless u can get the grab and chaingrab or grab into shutter fsmash)

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
It's still gay, I think I did enough with my Wings of Revealing Light video.

Oh about that, please people don't ask dumb questions like for example Koolaid, if it's usefull in competetive play. then say "you'll perfect it and see if it's helpfull" and ask a day later on these boards how to bair out of WoI. No, it's not helpfull don't bother. Abuse it in friendlies or something.

don't study the game. i am just good hahaa

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
God****it, why do I even try to help this baords out if people are just trolling my fucking thread, now it got closed. I'm not even going to bother making a video about how to Arrow cancel. If you guys want to see how it's done, I hope I'll get tourneymatches of me on youtube soon, which I doubt. Otherwise, screw you guys.
I wasn't trolling. I will also explain from what I read and being neutral to the whole thing

Your buddies or whoever worships you starts a thread saying you are the best.. "Ayoub the best. Discuss" along those lines.. the thread wasn't even made by you so it's not your thread.

Then they start talking about Arrow canceling which Pit is not known for AND they would say "HAH americans don't know about arrow canceling, so far behind..etc" along those lines. When we DO ask about arrow canceling. You Ayoub did not answer.. one of your buddies answer. I personally asked you Ayoub in that thread.. and I didn't see a response from you at all.

Then Netheralands + Koolaid go bashing all pit's even though NONE of them (that were actually curios about it) bashed you OR europe.

ALL of the Netherlands were bashing America and Koolaid "This is why I don't help these threads"

I didn't see any pit player who has been discussing pit (or maybe like ONE or something) bashing anyone.. -.-; and you go and spit on us saying all american pit's are horrible.

I PERSONALLY rooted for Koolaid for a while and I loved AYOUB's tricks montage. I have been trying to learn and do my best as Pit.

Yet... the top player's just bash everyone below them. Then there's Netherland Goon's just shouting AYOUB THE BEST.

I am dropping it there though, we don't need to get a social thread locked.. -.-

Judo777

Smash Master
So then we we aren't gonna see a vid about arrow canceling then? Well that's gay although i totally saw it coming.

Top Bottom