• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
bring back jungle japes! Nothing wrong with looping arrows, it's just hard to find the right moment to do so is the thing. It can be useful is used strategically

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Looping arrows is a waste of time...
Not entirely true, it's useless on stages like bf and sv but actually usefull on stages like delfino and ps1. Like on ps1, you can stand under the tree and still hit your opponent by looping an arrow. It's very situational but actually usefull on those moments.

But arrow looping sucks in general, takes too much time.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I hit someone with arrow looping at my last tournament. It was so stupid. I hit him but nothing really good came out of it.
Top 8 of 38.....not pleased at all how I played last game. I was a complete idiot.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Arrow Looping can be okay on stages like Frigate where you are at the bottom part of the platform. But for the most part its just gimmiky

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Looping a arrow and hitting someone is worth it on wifi
I can do it perfectly on wifi, but I can barely do it off wifi. I hit Loli with most of my "missed" arrows when I was playing with her on wifi, but when I practice it offline I can barely get a "loop" It usually just turns around and crashes into the ground.

I hit someone with arrow looping at my last tournament. It was so stupid. I hit him but nothing really good came out of it.
Top 8 of 38.....not pleased at all how I played last game. I was a complete idiot.

But.... it looks cool and makes me feel cool :D

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
looping arrows are pretty useless xD i never get hit with them offline looool but i wasnt even expecting you to loop arrows bwahhahahah i don't really use arrow looping much i dont think its rlly that amazing but to each his own ^_^ it does make me feel cool tho xD

Suyon

Smash Lord
I don't use arrow looping at all. But I was like....no one expects me to do it so I'll do it and confuse them. But I confused myself when I hit him...but go ahead and arrow loop I won't stop you.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I saw that game and you definitely weren't playing like a idiot :p You're definitely the best Pit I've seen irl, so don't beat yourself up man

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arrow looping is only good for practicing Arrow control and on some stages (most of which being illegal stages) and that is all. if you already control your arrows fine theres no need for them really. Next subject please lol. We should talk about how to **** the living **** out of the *** holes of other characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, if we have more of these smart or at least active discussions like these on more IMPORTANT things, like matchups or stages, instead of "Nearly useless" things like arrow loops, many Pit players may improve a bit more, but alas, this is social chat, I guess, Still can't believe I've tried contributions and doing my best to find information for over a year for this.
Or wait, I said this. It comes to my mind frequently since i feel that our morale is low.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I kinda feel ya admiral pit, looking through the pit boards i dont see the things that i see on a lot of the other character boards. Such as everything besides the regular social chat. But I dont really care though, if i get cant match up advice or serious pit strategies ill just make up my own. thats pretty much what ive always been doing. but as i said i dont care. i cant control what everyone here wants to talk about so be it, i shouldnt try and force it or get frustrated over it. I just accept it.

Suyon

Smash Lord
How to play Pit on Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Distant Planet, etc please.

Yes that's how Pit is played. Learn how to play by yourself. I'm not good at giving advice

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Arrow arrow arrows.. I love doing arrow loops. I usually forget about them but they work. Not vs small people like mk. tall ones like snake... omg i love it. I shoot one backwards... he run in for a grab or ftilt. I either ftilt him or he grabs me, regardless my arrows comes and hit him for a free smash.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been discouraged, personally. Since I started tourney's about... hm sometime in January? I have slowly been improving from not making it through pools to getting 7th place. I lost to a falcon before during the recent tourney I didn't know what to do against him exactly.. in friendlies he went back to his diddy. He never beat me once with Diddy, and he was not a bad player mind you.. I know that match up real good. As I played his falcon in friendlies it became easier and easier to fight him.

So I definitely agree with the match-up discussion those are vital to pit, and players in general.

I personally want Olimar, Wolf, Wario in the match up discussion because the people in my state are really good with those chars. I have trouble against them the most.. and I know that those match up's are not in our favor. Ook can beat the Olimar but I can barely touch him.. but fighting Ook is A LOT easier and I win matches.. simply because the match-up is in my favor as a Pit player. (of course some skill added too)

EDIT: I really don't know why people are so negative on themselves with Pit. It isn't hopeless... I tell ya if you use Pit more and play LOTS of friendlies and get your basic spacing and punishing done. You will rock as pit, and DONt fish for that kill.. trust me on that.. it will be aggravating though.. I couldn't kill a Wario at 180ish percent.

Also.. when going for the kill save your back air.. that really IS pit's strongest move. I killed a snake at 130% with a fresh back air (it was near ledge) better than Fsmash and Dsmash. Always save your back-air.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I lost to a captain falcon by my friend, just because he knew me playing him with pit always. But I usually win, but I didn't know how bad falcon can punish you offstage and I had to learn to avoid that. It was a one time thing, his win, but that can cost you a tournament.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Gadiel how could you move to Georgia. I didn't get to friendly Pitto you!

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Earth is Green, Masashi is red.
They both have amazing patience, it was so frustrating to play Earth at Apex. Japanese shield really well too. Everyone take notes please.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I think I am the best pit in Europe atm.
I've beaten Ayoub and Nikenick several times with pit.
and I took games off really good players over here. I kinda ***** Nick and Ayoub tbh

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
i think i am the best pit in europe atm.
I've beaten ayoub and nikenick several times with pit.
And i took games off really good players over here. I kinda ***** nick and ayoub tbh

looooooooooooooooooool

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I think I am the best pit in Europe atm.
I've beaten Absolutely no one.
and I took games off really bad players over here. I kinda got ***** by Nick and Ayoub tbh
Thats how I read it, Anyone else?

Kingkong beat Earth's Pit and Earth was forced to switch onto Sheik or he would have lost to Bowser (smirk)
How did King kong beat earth's pit... I gave king kong the **** over at Apex.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Thats how I read it, Anyone else?

How did King kong beat earth's pit... I gave king kong the **** over at Apex.
IM the kind of guy of sand bags a lot in friendlies, you can ask swordgard lol. I 2 stocks earth's pit badly, so he decided to go sheik :(

we should have MM kiraflax :(

Top Bottom