• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Welp, can't say I didn't try to revive MU discussions! I revive some old threads trying to get the creative juices of battling certain characters going and what happens? All the threads get closed and I obtain several infraction points. Guess I'll just stop posting on smashboards then, at least the Pit boards lol. I don't like what this place has become anyway.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Out of curiosity. With some of the older "necro-posted" MU threads locked, what are we to do for other MU threads? Like when looking back at my old work, I still have some unposted MUs waiting for whenever the time feels right. Also, I should be reminded about reviewing Doubles (partner-related), and stage discussions to further get some improvements going. It's just the format that's also the hard part.

EDIT: You know necroposting isn't really good, not to mention I see you were trying to imitate me by saying part of what you said. While I was right about possible corruption, I may be able to fix it as long as ppl can keep the stuff going. I still have some MUs that may haven't had much attention recently. All I need is to ask about it, and gather a bit more info, as well as update it and all, and I may get it back on track.

EDIT2: I will only do the "Pit Partners" thing only if many of us actually care about doubles. I probably don't, but who knows?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Welp, can't say I didn't try to revive MU discussions! I revive some old threads trying to get the creative juices of battling certain characters going and what happens? All the threads get closed and I obtain several infraction points. Guess I'll just stop posting on smashboards then, at least the Pit boards lol. I don't like what this place has become anyway.

Those were closed by the suggestion of delux and dez cuz we're moving everything to a social group and re-organizing all current information. So chill.

As for why you got infracted
is it really that ****in hard to say
[4:59:52 PM] Will: Yo, real talk, i'm not trolling
[4:59:56 PM] Will: I took what u said seriously
[5:00:01 PM] Will: and am trying to do something good

Cuz i'm not the only one who took all that as an elaborate trolling scheme.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Wait so Luckay got infracted for necroing topics and having something to say. Did Kuro get infracted for bumping topics for himself later without posting anything useful?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wait so Luckay got infracted for necroing topics and having something to say. Did Kuro get infracted for bumping topics for himself later without posting anything useful?
Luckay received ONE infraction point for not listening even after both me AND delux said to stop like 5 times. You also aren't in the skype group and don't know the context of the situation.

The decision to temp ban him came from somebody much higher up than me. I wasn't that comfortable with that response but that's what said person decided so it is what it is.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If I really have to support over there, then I may have to. It'd just seem different, and would take a bit of time to get used to it.
Is there a chance to upgrade it to add Pit-in-doubles (rating his partners) and stage discussions, more-so the stages?

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Yeesh, Maharba AND Luckay banned? :p

Well, though it shouldn't be followed like a religion, I think some updated info on our character would be great to know for new-ish players like myself. I'm looking forward to it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll talk with Krys later about the format and other stuff, and see what can do to improve the MU stuff and such.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I was right about it happening. Thankfully, I anticipated something like this, and kept some info from long ago (Actually, I went on my own to search for tons of info, and add it to some info I already knew back then). All I gotta do is update it a bit, revise it, and probably do some formatting a bit and such, and we'll be back on track. I also have other plans to think about. All we need is a dedicated team with different specialties, and we can get it working.

MUs, stages, possible team stuff, revision of Pit's moves and their uses (with frame + hit-box data), etc. So many things on my mind.

EDIT: Sent Krys my stuff, and we'll get some time to continue production.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Still would help get a general idea of what to expect from the other characters, and how one should deal with said character.

I'm not even sure how to fight Sheik lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's what I said, and the same goes for the ditto matchup.
It doesn't matter who you are, you should always have knowledge when it comes to a ditto matchup, or it just means you're weak, not knowing how to fight your own character.

MVD

Smash Master
Man, looking over those old MU threads made me realize how much more serious the old school Pit mains took things. They got **** done. And here we are in 2012, *****ing at each other like high school girls almost on a daily basis. It's sad really. We'll get nowhere at this rate. :(
^ ha

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Of course they were more serious... But that is every board. Now that social threads exist, why talk about a character?

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I was an old-school Pit (or at least an early one), too, and the majority of the old ones either just quit, or probably switched to a new main. I still remember back when Sagemoon, Lmnz, Kown, and a few other Pits were still around. None of us did finish all the matchups, though, but there were more discussions about it back then, rather than what we have now. Then again, the game was still very young.

EDIT: I am still serious. -.-

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Of course, some things are going to be more important. If you don't know the basics of the game, then you obviously won't do well. But every bit helps.

So, with that in mind, is there any way you guys think I could contribute? AP and Luckay know my skill level... I'm not at all happy with it yet. Working hard on it. Despite that, if there's any way I can be of use, I'm more than willing.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
finally unbanned.

AP

go into my doubles thread and read the op. i have a bunch of different team gimicks listed in there. like wing slinging luigi while he is charging a smash into unsuspecting opponents, standing double arrow with pit and kirby. other stuff.

also, with all this stuff going on, are my stage discussions finally gonna have more content then me bumping them?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Idk... I seem different after being evicted from the Skype group... Maybe if I was back in, I might be a bit more cooperative. And plus I'm more into working on MUs, as I rarely do dubs now-a-days, though that dubs thing seems to have a good start.
Ever noticed we don't have formats recently? When I mean format, I mean little categories for each MU, to see how Pit can gimp 'character x' and vice versa, who camps better, etc.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i was only saying thats where there are doubles tricks in there if you want to see them. your co-operation or lack thereof isn't a concern, the skype chat is a privilege for people who aren't gonna cause ******** drama. prove that you aren't gonna pull us down with negativity and threats and other childish behavior over the next several weeks/few months and we might let you back in (although after saying things like, "the only tears i will shed when you die are tears of joy" to pj and many many many other things i could/should list but won't 4 ur sake, letting you back into the skype chat is something im not sure i will ever condone without seeing drastic change, and tbh im still half a second away from blocking you on swf too. i only haven't yet because you seem to have mellowed out when you realized we were all about to block you 4good and haven't provoked anyone since then).

formats, which characters are you having problems gimping/camping? or are just saying we aren't specific on that in general?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pft, Ironic you should say that. I don't need to take orders from you or anyone else (besides staff, of course). I'm fully capable of gathering more data my way, and do some encouraging on my own, as well as I don't need you being dead weight to me or my research.
And for the record, you ruined the place when you let that annoying TL in there, not to mention, you, him, and Luckay intentionally angered me time after time. In other words, you and him started this whole thing. At the same time, you know nothing of what that TL has done to annoy me back then elsewhere to make me feel dark, so don't even say nothing til you know both sides of the story!

Krys knows what I mean by formats. I gave him everything that I've gathered and kept on different documents that I've been working on since 2009. It includes tons of MUs, various and old scrapped teams stuff, and Pit's move frame data, which should already be up there somewhere. I ain't an old-school Pit for nothing. You can hate me for my aggression all you want, but I will be showing great efforts (at least I did once before) to everyone back in shape.
And as for that SWF Pit group, so as long as you under the roof of both Krys and I, things are gonna be changing around here.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
[12:44:33 AM] DeLux: Pits
[7:16:32 AM] AJ: ?
[7:16:52 AM] DeLux: PIT
[7:18:03 AM] AJ: YOU'RE NOT READY YET
[7:18:24 AM] DeLux: you know
[7:18:30 AM] DeLux: I've been doing some meditation
[7:18:37 AM] DeLux: and I've been trying to ascertain the meaning of his taunts
[7:18:48 AM] DeLux: and interpret what exactly "it" is that we're not ready for
[7:29:33 AM] AJ: for Pit to take your virginity
[7:31:22 AM] DeLux: You see
[7:31:27 AM] DeLux: there isn't any contextual support
[7:31:33 AM] DeLux: for that interpretation
[7:32:37 AM] DeLux: Like think of it this way
[7:32:39 AM] DeLux: Pit is an angel
[7:32:57 AM] DeLux: and if we look to the scripture
[7:33:16 AM] DeLux: and reference the 44th Psalm
[7:33:27 AM | Edited 7:33:34 AM] DeLux: it reads "I will not trust in my bow, my sword does bring me victory"
[7:33:55 AM] DeLux: and the Psalm continues on to why we should trust in God to bring us victory.
[7:34:14 AM] DeLux: that being the case, I think we can safely view Pit as a messenger from God as an angel
[7:34:27 AM] DeLux: and we the Pit players are his prophets
[7:35:02 AM] DeLux: and the reason people lose to Pit is that they aren't ready to accept why they are losing
[7:36:38 AM] DeLux: and they are losing because they are playing a heathen character like Metaknight (reference to Satan), Snake (reference to War), Diddy (Bananas reference to Famine), Falco (reference to death)
[7:36:54 AM] DeLux: even Marth can be interpreted as the anti Christ
[7:37:05 AM] DeLux: so if people accepted God as the divine path
[7:37:09 AM] DeLux: they would play Pit
[7:37:22 AM] DeLux: So Pit is making an allusion that one isn't ready to accept God and Jesus as a savior
[7:37:58 AM] AJ: wait how is falco death
[7:38:17 AM] AJ: also, you should post that whole thing in the scoial lol
[7:39:00 AM] DeLux: The birds are the bringers of death
[7:39:26 AM] DeLux: There's strong historical background to a birds losing flight
[7:39:29 AM] DeLux: as signs of plague
[7:41:06 AM] AJ: ahh, so thats whats up with all the dead birds these days
[7:41:41 AM] DeLux: I think that's why the Avian Flu
[7:41:43 AM] DeLux: was such a big deal
[7:41:53 AM] DeLux: people feared it was the rapture upon us
[7:43:07 AM] AJ: true
[11:39:15 AM] PJ Polk: This is a dumb conversation

Enjoy

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, Texas, shame on you. Not that I was surprised that you'd do such a thing anyways to your superior. Also, as for what you said to whichever mod in a PM as I was told, that truly offended me, not that I should be bringing it up, but it did, in a somewhat racial way, strange to bring such a thing considering the "History" month this is.

As for the rest, I'll be having a talk with Krys about making some more changes.

EDIT: I don't think we had this much conflict back in the old days (besides random trolls from other boards showing up), and I was around during those days. We definitely got more things done back then, though, and now this is what we have become.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That kid needs help. How cold of you to turn your back.

You will suffer...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm going to block everybody from the Pit boards, and have conversations with myself in your threads.
It shall be glorious~

Cassio

Smash Master
I came to praise Maharba for one of the most beautiful timeouts Ive ever seen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not my fault they make me this way. You should have worked on the matchups like I said to. As for the "other" stuff, I got that covered. Let's face it... The corrupted Social thread is one of the very few things that's actually active here, but where's the important stuff? Sure, maybe a few of the stickies get some attention, but here, it's prime activity, with no progress.
I know I'm right, I knew it was gonna happen, but I'm belittled for many reasons.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You can ask Krys about that (he has that group moderated), though I think there should be a notice where you check your PMs that says "Social group invitations" and then "Join the Group" I think. He might have sent you an invitation, or probably hasn't yet. He'll probably do it after class.

Top Bottom