• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
[12:44:33 AM] DeLux: Pits
[7:16:32 AM] AJ: ?
[7:16:52 AM] DeLux: PIT
[7:18:03 AM] AJ: YOU'RE NOT READY YET
[7:18:24 AM] DeLux: you know
[7:18:30 AM] DeLux: I've been doing some meditation
[7:18:37 AM] DeLux: and I've been trying to ascertain the meaning of his taunts
[7:18:48 AM] DeLux: and interpret what exactly "it" is that we're not ready for
[7:29:33 AM] AJ: for Pit to take your virginity
[7:31:22 AM] DeLux: You see
[7:31:27 AM] DeLux: there isn't any contextual support
[7:31:33 AM] DeLux: for that interpretation
[7:32:37 AM] DeLux: Like think of it this way
[7:32:39 AM] DeLux: Pit is an angel
[7:32:57 AM] DeLux: and if we look to the scripture
[7:33:16 AM] DeLux: and reference the 44th Psalm
[7:33:27 AM | Edited 7:33:34 AM] DeLux: it reads "I will not trust in my bow, my sword does bring me victory"
[7:33:55 AM] DeLux: and the Psalm continues on to why we should trust in God to bring us victory.
[7:34:14 AM] DeLux: that being the case, I think we can safely view Pit as a messenger from God as an angel
[7:34:27 AM] DeLux: and we the Pit players are his prophets
[7:35:02 AM] DeLux: and the reason people lose to Pit is that they aren't ready to accept why they are losing
[7:36:38 AM] DeLux: and they are losing because they are playing a heathen character like Metaknight (reference to Satan), Snake (reference to War), Diddy (Bananas reference to Famine), Falco (reference to death)
[7:36:54 AM] DeLux: even Marth can be interpreted as the anti Christ
[7:37:05 AM] DeLux: so if people accepted God as the divine path
[7:37:09 AM] DeLux: they would play Pit
[7:37:22 AM] DeLux: So Pit is making an allusion that one isn't ready to accept God and Jesus as a savior
[7:37:58 AM] AJ: wait how is falco death
[7:38:17 AM] AJ: also, you should post that whole thing in the scoial lol
[7:39:00 AM] DeLux: The birds are the bringers of death
[7:39:26 AM] DeLux: There's strong historical background to a birds losing flight
[7:39:29 AM] DeLux: as signs of plague
[7:41:06 AM] AJ: ahh, so thats whats up with all the dead birds these days
[7:41:41 AM] DeLux: I think that's why the Avian Flu
[7:41:43 AM] DeLux: was such a big deal
[7:41:53 AM] DeLux: people feared it was the rapture upon us
[7:43:07 AM] AJ: true
[11:39:15 AM] PJ Polk: This is a dumb conversation

Enjoy
This is exactly why I play Pit, no joke. I do this for God's glory. You're right on the money :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I will not trust in the bow, my sword does bring me victory.

I will aim for that in my sig sometime, since although I use arrow looping, it's not what wins my matches :awesome:

God does play a big role in my life and although I don't pass scripture out through memorized speeches and I don't push on others to believe in Him, I think role-modeling makes a big difference. But I'm not the model. He is.

Also I'm thinking of calling our time-out strategy the "Pacifist", and that we all must do unto one what we would have them do unto us. >=)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
K so real quick i just felt like doing a post on who i personally feel that "style" of planking/strategy would be effective against.

Guaranteed effective
:olimar:
:dedede:
:popo:
:falco:
:fox:
:peach:
:yoshi2:
:pt:
:jigglypuff:
:mario2:
:bowser2:
Possibly Effective
:dk2:
:gw:
:zerosuitsamus:
:samus2:
:toonlink:
:link2:
:diddy:
:sheik:
:luigi2:
:ganondorf:
:pikachu2:
:falcon:
:wolf:
Not very effective
:lucas:
:ness2:
:zelda:
:pit:
:lucario:
:wario:
:marth:
:kirby:
:rob:
:sonic:
:snake:
Oh god what have i done!
:ike:
:metaknight:

I actually will post my reasonings later but if ur curious to why i think someone goes somewhere or feel differently go ahead and say so~

A rather trivial topic. but i'm bored and felt like having a go to list written down somewhere ;)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't understand that list, are you talking about that stuff Maharba pulled on Illmatic and KRD?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tell me about Ike, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sonic and Puff. I don't see how the first 3 would even be capable of putting a hitbox under the stage to stop scrooging.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Tell me about Ike, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sonic and Puff. I don't see how the first 3 would even be capable of putting a hitbox under the stage to stop scrooging.
Sonic and puff are under guaranteed to be effective cuz they can't really do anything to stop it AND make us change it up.

Ike can easily swat you as soon as you let go of the ledge.

The risk/reward imo wouldn't be worth it without a good stock lead and adequate knowledge of the mu. He could easily force us to change it up and add in more and more mix-ups to the formula which, obviously, if you have to change it up that much there's the greater chance of baits and reads.

Ganon is in possible cuz i don't know how good random roflstomp would be. You never know.

Oh

Zelda

Din's fire.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Puff and Sonic can kill you. The odds might even be more in Puff's favor offstage with such a strong mobility advantage.

Din's fire is very easily cancelled.

How about ROB? How would this be effective against another flying projectile spammer that can chase you anywhere?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit cannot plank ZSS.
I can always show you at NLL.
can't dsmash this spacing.
Puff and Sonic can kill you. The odds might even be more in Puff's favor offstage with such a strong mobility advantage.

Din's fire is very easily cancelled.

How about ROB? How would this be effective against another flying projectile spammer that can chase you anywhere?
No. I highly doubt they would be able to touch this that well. I can plank sonic normally. Why would he be able to stop a planking style purposely used for safety/time out.

Lol.

Jiggz. Ya right. She can do nothing about pits planking.

Robs under possible for a reason. However, that said, take out woi and just add in regular scrooging and it might work.

All zelda has to do is time a dinz during glide/woi.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I haven't seen this relentlessness before Maharba, but I don't see anything that Sonic or Puff can't get past.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I haven't seen this relentlessness before Maharba, but I don't see anything that Sonic or Puff can't get past.
They don't have anything that breaks past this spacing. They can't even bair without being EXTREMELY obvious. As soon as you commit to coming down pit can go up. That's the point. There's no real fear factor vs them.

Sonic is>jiggz at potentially stopping it though due to his speed at traversing the stage.

Jiggz is ga-bage vs pit's upair. Quite literally.

Thing about sonic is this isn't even particularly needed for him. Most matches i play against sonic go to time anyways. Whether i'm the one timing out or the one being timed out...happens all the time :laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wonder what type of Sonics you've been fighting. I've fought a lot of em last ladder, and usually, when you're in the lead, you get the upper hand to make em approach. As long as you know what they're gonna do, and counter it, you got it covered, at least that's how I do things against him. Now if you're behind, GL.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Upair beats HA. That's the thing. He can not force a mix-up. Any attempt to drastically alter the outcome of this planking is directly obvious and avoidable due to WoI high mobility.

The best PLAUSIBLE reason that could be used for sonic>than this would be his ground speed. That's the only factor i'd have to test and experience to be ABSOLUTELY certain. So ya.

Tesh

Smash Hero
They don't have anything that breaks past this spacing. They can't even bair without being EXTREMELY obvious. As soon as you commit to coming down pit can go up. That's the point. There's no real fear factor vs them.

Sonic is>jiggz at potentially stopping it though due to his speed at traversing the stage.

Jiggz is ga-bage vs pit's upair. Quite literally.

Thing about sonic is this isn't even particularly needed for him. Most matches i play against sonic go to time anyways. Whether i'm the one timing out or the one being timed out...happens all the time :laugh:
It seems that logically they would go around the Uair, because they both can. Jiggs being better at it ofcourse.

I guess I'd have to see it to believe it, but it just seems reasonable that if your recovery is good enough to go around Pit's Uair, you should be fine, assuming you are also fast enough to catch him.

Also once you let go of the ledge, people have the option of using invincible aerials. If that character is also too fast to escape from, I doubt its going to go so well for Pit.

edit:

Yea HA is pretty bad, there is no reason to try to stop planking with it. Only way it could possible work is if Pit uses WoI and Sonic wants to just shoot straight for him (and even then the accuracy on HA is pathetic)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It seems that logically they would go around the Uair, because they both can. Jiggs being better at it ofcourse.

I guess I'd have to see it to believe it, but it just seems reasonable that if your recovery is good enough to go around Pit's Uair, you should be fine, assuming you are also fast enough to catch him.

Also once you let go of the ledge, people have the option of using invincible aerials. If that character is also too fast to escape from, I doubt its going to go so well for Pit.
Comitting to the ledge does exactly what we want. Wastes more time. Cuz by the time your able to let go we're already safe away. At least...

as far as the ppl i have in the guaranteed go.

This isn't just fall upair. There's a reason you have fall a specific distance AND THEN upair. Seems simple enough but it eliminates many characters ability to negate this type of stall.

Jiggz is a hell no. That ***** can't stop pit's planking for her life.

Sonic i could see and is something i want to test. His ground speed being the deterrent.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
can't dsmash this spacing.

No. I highly doubt they would be able to touch this that well. I can plank sonic normally. Why would he be able to stop a planking style purposely used for safety/time out.

Lol.

Jiggz. Ya right. She can do nothing about pits planking.

Robs under possible for a reason. However, that said, take out woi and just add in regular scrooging and it might work.

All zelda has to do is time a dinz during glide/woi.
You're going to mess up.
I'm going to d-smash you.
If not, you're also not going to do damage to me.
Not going to argue here.
NLL.
Money where mouth is etc etc

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You're going to mess up.
I'm going to d-smash you.
If not, you're also not going to do damage to me.
Not going to argue here.
NLL.
Money where mouth is etc etc
Lol.

Your not suppose to do dmg with this.The sole purpose is time-out.

And you have to have the lead by about 5 minutes in for this to work.

And i'm still bad at this game. Gettin there...but still bad.

So obviously...

That being said i might still mm you. But i can only do $1 mm. And only cuz i actually haven't played you since that one friendly in early 2011 with snake...lol. So it'd be nice to play again.

Tesh

Smash Hero
1$ Dollar for at least 16 minutes of some annoying Mid Tier trying to avoid you?

Time is money.

@ Kuro, I think Riddle's point is that if you "stalling" or "camping" strategy doesn't also serve to widen the gap, you aren't putting any pressure on your opponent to screw up. How good would MK have been at planking if you didn't get flat out destroyed every time you tried to stop him? Its this exact reason I feel like simply being able to reach him shuts this down. I'll probably get hit by Pit's Uair 2-3 times before I get a clean hit in, but then you die.

Also Sonic's Spindash has invincibility so if you want to Uair me, I can just spindash into you, then footstool you or spring.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
1$ Dollar for at least 16 minutes of some annoying Mid Tier trying to avoid you?

Time is money.

@ Kuro, I think Riddle's point is that if you "stalling" or "camping" strategy doesn't also serve to widen the gap, you aren't putting any pressure on your opponent to screw up. How good would MK have been at planking if you didn't get flat out destroyed every time you tried to stop him? Its this exact reason I feel like simply being able to reach him shuts this down. I'll probably get hit by Pit's Uair 2-3 times before I get a clean hit in, but then you die.

Also Sonic's Spindash has invincibility so if you want to Uair me, I can just spindash into you, then footstool you or spring.
Lol. I wouldn't do this if nick riddle accepts my MM. I'm tryin to get better.

You don't seem to understand. You don't need to widen the gap. The pressure is in the clock. There's is a reason there are universal 3 conditions for this to be effective.

Have a lead at 5 minute mark. Preferably a stock lead. But not necessary.

Don't grab the ledge more than 5 times b4 the 5 minute mark. A general rule. But also avoidable vs some characters.

Be dedicated to the strategy and do it right.

Edit:@ Spindash tidbit. Again. The goal of the upair IS NOT to hit the person. It's coverage and time.

Edit2:Spring just loses to upair lol. Footstool could lead to some traps.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Every other camping/stalling technique in the game meets one of these conditions. Either

A) You opponent can't reach you safely due to stage layout or extreme difference in mobility.
or
B) Opponent can reach you, but can't safely attempt to hit you.

So if Sonic can reach you and beat your attacks, what exactly are you going to do? Get the stock lead and tech for 3 minutes? I just don't understand how you expect this to work if you can't win or avoid confrontation.

If this strategy relies on conserving 45/50 ledge grabs for 5/8 minutes I'm already not worried.

@ Spring, I was just talking about what I can do you to you after I footstool you.

Welp, there are at least 2 local Pits, I suppose I'll face this strategy eventually.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know it can be flawed easily some way, right? I'm very certain something like this wont happen in a Pit ditto.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Every other camping/stalling technique in the game meets one of these conditions. Either

A) You opponent can't reach you safely due to stage layout or extreme difference in mobility.
or
B) Opponent can reach you, but can't safely attempt to hit you.

So if Sonic can reach you and beat your attacks, what exactly are you going to do? Get the stock lead and tech for 3 minutes? I just don't understand how you expect this to work if you can't win or avoid confrontation.

If this strategy relies on conserving 45/50 ledge grabs for 5/8 minutes I'm already not worried.

@ Spring, I was just talking about what I can do you to you after I footstool you.

Welp, there are at least 2 local Pits, I suppose I'll face this strategy eventually.
He can't beat the attacks. That's what i'm saying. I def. agree that you brought up a few good points and i'm gonna put sonic under possible until i can test it some myself and/or maharba gets to test it and learn mix-ups etc.
So it actually will never work because pit can't and won't hold a lead for 5 minutes

:phone:
Against snake, ya.

Olimar/Dedede? Pft. easy.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
On snake, it would be stage dependent.

The only stages this really matters on at all times are SV, LC, BF, FD. Everything else is transformation dependent or the Pit can't go underneath to the other side.

That being said, Snake can C4 the stage near the ledge and the radius would hit before the pits snap animation. I haven't been able to C4 the stage on SV and LC.

But based on stage striking, it would only matter on a counter pick stage. Other characters aren't as fortunate as snake though

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think invincibility beats everything.
The positioning makes it blatently obvious what you're going for. It makes it very easy to adjust and just get out the way. It's not like mk just falling down out of nowhere and nairing or SL only to regrab the ledge or continue the pressure. It's not like just wdfhax spiking or even sheik chain to bair etc.

Only testing will tell for sure.

@Lux ya that's why snake is under possibly. There are too many ways for things to go wrong, imo. But you never know.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think the only stage it would matter a whole lot on ICs would be FD because of combining IBs and squall hammer range (you can scrooge on all stages but FD reliably).

Actually, it works once you get the stock lead given the time constraints.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think the only stage it would matter a whole lot on ICs would be FD because of combining IBs and squall hammer range (you can scrooge on all stages but FD reliably).

Actually, it works once you get the stock lead given the time constraints.
I could see FD to prove to be troublesome for this. Moreso than other stages at the very least. Especially with IC traps.

Tbh fd SOMEWHAT hinders this. But it's just such a nice stage overall for pit. So meh.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
tesh ur dumb. u have never stopped my normal planking with sonic. you never will. do you think that if you just rush down after that i HAVE to follow that pattern? all it takes is seeing you go off the stage and my vastly superior air game will keep you at bay. actually ill put my skill where my mouth is. next time you and see each other we will sit down and see if you can beat me off stage.

however why would i plank this way against sonic, it's asking to die. as soon as i use woi i have sealed my fate. sonic can just run to watever side i go to and now im trapped. i would rather fight sonic onstage.

rob can laser us and chase us

puff can't do ****, quit bein dumb.

@everyone, i sat down with sync and trela and gnes and tested this on a multitude of characters. if you want specific dangers against any character just ask me. i have the best resources to find out.

@everyone who praised how gay i play,

thank you for the compliments! i appreciate yall!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
tesh ur dumb. u have never stopped my normal planking with sonic. you never will. do you think that if you just rush down after that i HAVE to follow that pattern? all it takes is seeing you go off the stage and my vastly superior air game will keep you at bay. actually ill put my skill where my mouth is. next time you and see each other we will sit down and see if you can beat me off stage.

however why would i plank this way against sonic, it's asking to die. as soon as i use woi i have sealed my fate. sonic can just run to watever side i go to and now im trapped. i would rather fight sonic onstage.

rob can laser us and chase us

puff can't do ****, quit bein dumb.

@everyone, i sat down with sync and trela and gnes and tested this on a multitude of characters. if you want specific dangers against any character just ask me. i have the best resources to find out.

@everyone who praised how gay i play,

thank you for the compliments! i appreciate yall!
ya that's why rob is under possible wasn't sure... :p i'll move him to not effective now...thanks lol. And i guess sonic as well...cuz it's easy enough to time him out onstage :p

K so real quick i just felt like doing a post on who i personally feel that "style" of planking/strategy would be effective against.

Guaranteed effective
:olimar:
:dedede:
:popo:
:falco:
:fox:
:peach:
:yoshi2:
:pt:
:jigglypuff:
:mario2:
:bowser2:
Possibly Effective
:dk2:
:gw:
:zerosuitsamus:
:samus2:
:toonlink:
:link2:
:diddy:
:sheik:
:luigi2:
:ganondorf:
:pikachu2:
:falcon:
:wolf:
Not very effective
:lucas:
:ness2:
:zelda:
:pit:
:lucario:
:wario:
:marth:
:kirby:
:rob:
:sonic:
:snake:
Oh god what have i done!
:ike:
:metaknight:

I actually will post my reasonings later but if ur curious to why i think someone goes somewhere or feel differently go ahead and say so~

A rather trivial topic. but i'm bored and felt like having a go to list written down somewhere ;)
Hey maha, any of the ones i have listed as possibles you guys tested?

Top Bottom