• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wofl cant stop it, pika has tjolt traps but not completely ineffective, zss can't stop it without suit pieces, kirby can't beat uair without rock fall aka without being super obvious, dk... **** NO he can't do crap, it's actually really effective vs wario just gotta watch for waft and waft alone, wtf lol luigi couldn't stop this to save peach's life, ganon has to kill himself to even hope roflstomp doesn't get knicked by uair first so lol at him not being guarenteed, lol ike cannot stop this but if you think he's a threat move him down 2 spots, pit can always beat pit's planking along with MK, guarenteed not effective, lol i don't get how c. falcon even qualifies to not be guarenteed

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wofl cant stop it, pika has tjolt traps but not completely ineffective, zss can't stop it without suit pieces, kirby can't beat uair without rock fall aka without being super obvious, dk... **** NO he can't do crap, it's actually really effective vs wario just gotta watch for waft and waft alone, wtf lol luigi couldn't stop this to save peach's life, ganon has to kill himself to even hope roflstomp doesn't get knicked by uair first so lol at him not being guarenteed, lol ike cannot stop this but if you think he's a threat move him down 2 spots, pit can always beat pit's planking along with MK, guarenteed not effective, lol i don't get how c. falcon even qualifies to not be guarenteed
Possibly doesn't mean not guaranteed effective. it means i could see HOW they could in theory but not through testing. I disagree about ike...that ryo AND san bias though...i figured luigi could ff nair to get some nick dmg due to it's priority and over time it'd add up. But i'll take your word on him. Lol CF was just me not being sure cuz his speed would definitely aid in messing things up, ya know? Kind of like a worse sonic in this scenario.

So dk's spike is unreliable? Idk if you could avoid it for 5 minutes reliably or not. Did you test that? Ya i can understand what you mean with ganon.

So yay or neigh for pika?Worth it?Worth the risk?

Ya i feel like waft would put too much pressure on the pit though. he will mess up. And wario will get the waft eventually. it just has way too much range/priority. And doesn't even put him at risk when he uses it.

I feel wolf needs more investigating despite your match with krd. But i can see it. For sure.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
DK has to kill himself to spike that low. pika, don't bother with planking like this on sv, but fd sure. bf and lylat are iffy.

out uair beats weegee's nair

waft isn't that scary with a stock lead, plus i alter the planking a little bit for wario but yall gotta feel out your planking. you have more options than wat the video shows.

oh ya, it works fine on lucario, u just have to be cautious.

plus for ike, how does he get that low without dying? and no he can't dtilt spike u before u aren't invincible from the ledge drop.

that's all i got for now

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ill review your list in a bit, Kuro, I did the same kind of thing a while ago back in my head far as the WoI time out strategy. I think WoI time out is safer far as avoiding the LGL but harder to control. I will include that in my analysis again.

Wish me luck guys, goin to a tourney in an about an hour! :D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if an ike chases pit that low off stage and doesn't die because the pit didn't alter the generic plank, then that pit can't actually plank because a good pit will see ike coming down there and **** him up

Tesh

Smash Hero
tesh ur dumb. u have never stopped my normal planking with sonic. you never will. do you think that if you just rush down after that i HAVE to follow that pattern? all it takes is seeing you go off the stage and my vastly superior air game will keep you at bay. actually ill put my skill where my mouth is. next time you and see each other we will sit down and see if you can beat me off stage.

however why would i plank this way against sonic, it's asking to die. as soon as i use woi i have sealed my fate. sonic can just run to watever side i go to and now im trapped. i would rather fight sonic onstage.

rob can laser us and chase us

puff can't do ****, quit bein dumb.

@everyone, i sat down with sync and trela and gnes and tested this on a multitude of characters. if you want specific dangers against any character just ask me. i have the best resources to find out.

@everyone who praised how gay i play,

thank you for the compliments! i appreciate yall!
Okay so you agree with me?
DK has to kill himself to spike that low. pika, don't bother with planking like this on sv, but fd sure. bf and lylat are iffy.

out uair beats weegee's nair

waft isn't that scary with a stock lead, plus i alter the planking a little bit for wario but yall gotta feel out your planking. you have more options than wat the video shows.

oh ya, it works fine on lucario, u just have to be cautious.

plus for ike, how does he get that low without dying? and no he can't dtilt spike u before u aren't invincible from the ledge drop.

that's all i got for now
I'm new to Wario, but I'm like 90% sure I can do something with tires and biking. I highly doubt I need a waft to kill you with Wario. But I'd definitely like to see what you can do.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@tesh,
you are saying you can go offstage against pit and chase him and beat him while he is planking before i even use wings. you can't. however if you just stay onstage and wait until pit uses wings and heads towards the other side you CAN just run off and hit him. you gotta wait until he is in wings tho or else u lose

@wario fans,

dairs and tires do not beat planking as our uair beats both (jnig couldn't do stop my planking with anything but SA waft)

i said you have to watch out for waft

the bike, lol just get out of it's way or reflect it, you can do many things offstage, including special moves and be mobile

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Gstar made an upset yesterday in pools, beat Scatt 2-1. Too bad he didn't make it out of pools, it was kinda unfair to have a pool with me, 4god and Scatt in it. But when I think about it, all the pools yesterday had at least 3 good players in them.

It was his first tourney though so I think he did very well. The set was recorded and was on livestream haha. I think if he keeps coming out and practicing he can get PR'd by the end of the season

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well to be honest at first I was only cheering for Gstar to win because if he did it would keep me and 4God tied for 1st seed but then when I saw it go to game 3 and he it looked like he had a chance I was rooting for him.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think Wichita is coming to my mini-local today, so I might be making my Pit tourney debut early?

Stay tuned

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Gstar made an upset yesterday in pools, beat Scatt 2-1. Too bad he didn't make it out of pools, it was kinda unfair to have a pool with me, 4god and Scatt in it. But when I think about it, all the pools yesterday had at least 3 good players in them.

It was his first tourney though so I think he did very well. The set was recorded and was on livestream haha. I think if he keeps coming out and practicing he can get PR'd by the end of the season

Livestream link?

@lux

*tuned in*

/waits

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You were really good Iblis, I'm gonna try my best to make it out more, it was a lot of fun. Nice job making it to pools, I was upset at first, but then I understand that I'm new to the GA scene, so I have to keep practicing and learning. Played ESAM, and Reflex, who are amazing players. My hands got cramped up while playing 4God, so I had to take a break, lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Thanks G keep at it and you'll go far.

I meant to tell you this at the tourney but ill tell you it now.

Learning how to learn is the fastest way to becoming better, so when you pick up new concepts you already know to learn.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Did you like the set?

No. I'm salty. The livestream STARTED where gadiels matches ended.

:salt::mad:
You were really good Iblis, I'm gonna try my best to make it out more, it was a lot of fun. Nice job making it to pools, I was upset at first, but then I understand that I'm new to the GA scene, so I have to keep practicing and learning. Played ESAM, and Reflex, who are amazing players. My hands got cramped up while playing 4God, so I had to take a break, lol.
Keep it up, G. I'll let you know what georgia tourney i decide to go to so we can meet up! :)
Thanks G keep at it and you'll go far.

I meant to tell you this at the tourney but ill tell you it now.

Learning how to learn is the fastest way to becoming better, so when you pick up new concepts you already know to learn.

This.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yes. I am. I went through both videos and only thing of gadiel on it was gadiel leaving the setup after playing 4god.(which that match isn't even on there. Just him exiting off the character screen...=.=)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Man, I thought Pit was somewhat of a tourney threat.... until I played Krystedez and ****ing bodied him 3-0 in a $20 money match with my Olimar.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now if only you were a Ganon fighting a Falco, then you'll see how it feels in a way, in Pit's shoes... err, Sandals.

In other news, fought Deltacod in ladder, barely made it out alive, though I regret being timed out without noticing in the first round. I was still thankful that Brinstar was legal for r2. Alas, it was a fight that I truly enjoyed. I'm still telling you guys, we must learn more about a few of the lower tier MUs, Mid tiers too. One day, just watch.

EDIT: New heavenly avy, too!

DeLux

I used Pit in two MM's and a couple tourney games. Did not have a loss.

DeLux

I don't know.

I lost more games with my ZSS and ICs than Pit though lol

Top Bottom