• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay, whistle does not work on uair. uair outlasts whistle, every time. unless ur bad and just hit with the end of uair.

he also can't whistle jab infinite and AR.

go back to playing wolf. olimar is match up for the refined pits

inb4usayurbetterthanme

inb4iplacereallywelltomorrowandsundayandtakeyourspotonthetop5

inb4usaytimingoutisn'tlegitwaytowinwithacharacterthatreliesonpeoplemessingup

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
not true. top tiers force other characters to mess up while not having to put themself at risk

for example, marth vs luigi. is marth just spaces luigi with fair dtilt ftilt and uair, luigi can't do anything since these all stop fireballs and every move is safe on luigi's shield. marth has to mess up in order for luigi to get in, and even when he does he has to not get Dragon Punched (or dolphin slashed in this game).

for pit, he relies on mistakes in order to land any viable kill move. if the opponent doesn't mess up sdi, fsmash is useless. there is no guarenteed way to land bair. glide attack can be punished with ease by most viable characters on shield. after that, nothing kills (unless the OPPONENT messes up DI) until 150% or higher

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Don't get hit comes with the precursor that you'd be only get hit iff you made the mistake to put yourself in position of getting hit.

Any game is mistake driven.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Why would olimar whistle jab infinite or AR when he can just grab through that. Uair can be sdi'd but whistle lasts the majority of the duration regardless and you can't say you land the entire animation on him every time. My point was he can whistle kill moves -.-

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay, im better at the olimar mu than u are. i play it every single day (unless for some reason i can't drive up to sync's place to play sync and zori). if you aren't bad, jab infinite and AR will not get you grabbed because he has no grab armor. also, olimar can't whistle and sdi at the same time. this isn't even a debate. i know what im talking about. best moves in order against olimar are:

dash attack
fair
dtilt
utilt
jab
AR

if he's in the air

uair
fair
bair
dair

after that

doesn't matter after that

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You really think so? I've taken logic to some pretty close sets in tournament. But if you can tell me that you're actually BEATEN sync or denti in tourney, I'll believe you.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I show curiosity as of recently.

A MK Nados close to you, but then moves away while you were shielding the nado. The MK will most likely do Up-B right afterwards if you were planning on chasing it with a fast dash attack. Your dash attack will fail if the MK has a fair distance to you due to the Up-B invincibility frames.

In short, MK Nado (moves away from you after chipping some of your shield) > Up-B. In this situation, what would you do? For me, I know what I'd do, but I don't wanna say it until I see what the others do during this situation. Again, this is curiosity.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I can usually tell if the distance is too far to punish with dash attack. If too far I use arrow, mid range ill punish via dash attack, and close range is an easy dsmash

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just need a few more answers, and then I'll tell mine, yet I never noticed D-smash being available on the Up-B.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
^really

well say you are barely out of range, shuttle will hit you in the face.

i usually anticipate a shuttle but make it look like i dont and shield then punish.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Stop chasing him, jab, don't arrow unless he's off stage or in the air.

Work on spacing dair and fairs, fall on him bairs to stay safe if he's chasing you in the air.

Finally time him out. The little rodent deserves it. Arrow looping doesnt work here.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just play the waiting game as long as I am in the lead, arrow when he's far away (rather not use them if the Sonic is spin dashing), counter if the Sonic is predictable. U-air can be a good counter on some of Sonic's approaches, but watch out for the grabs.

As for at the ledge, don't go under a Sonic when using Up-B, for either you'll get hit by FF F-air, or Up-B spring. Stupid computer making me type slow.

Tesh

Smash Hero

This mystical manly man holds stocks for 7 minutes. Get @ the one and only
M . T . M

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
They would have been better with my influence, that of which I have finally decided to NO LONGER help anyone.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
please don't try to help us, we were so much better off before there was drama which only you bring. real talk, quit being so negative in here or im pretty everyone here will block ur posts (i know i will if the next post u make is negative)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wouldn't believe it unless a miracle was pulled off. I could have been the "Salem" of Pit as ESAM considered me to be back when him and I played ladders. Even if I don't go offline (knowing I won't already), just knowing the mass amount of potential I have is good enough.
It's not just because I practice a lot; I learn from multiple sources. You can't say I didn't try., and for 2-3 years I've tried with those MUs. And no, I'm not saying I know everything, because I don't, and I'm sure there's probably some more secrets we don't even know yet.

And iirc, Krys said that my influence helped him with that Brinstar thing, which also means I'm not always negative, but I can be considered negative very often with my temper, and being bashed by many of you so frequently, not to mention me being one of the very few who care bout the MUs. That, along with knowing the basics, and knowledge of stage CPs/bans and such...
Every little bit helps, and since I was focused on much of that, it has helped me, that and much more. I could list pretty much the majority of what helped me if asked to, but after how badly I've been treated recently, I don't even think I can help anymore, especially when no one's cooperating.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I tried to be nice to you guy, but I just don't like your attitude. You think everyone is against you and no one appreciates what you've done for the Pit community when it most definitely isn't true. You think we don't care to learn about matchup experience because we don't talk about it 24/7 in the Pit social chat where we should be able to talk about whatever we feel like. You constantly come in here complaining about top tier characters and stereotyping anyone willing to use them. You are hypocritical in that you call people elitist when you act the same way for a mid tier character. You only focus on what's negative and dwell on that negativity further deteriorating what little personality you have left. You don't open up to people because don't trust people which cycles back to how you only focus on what's negative. You have an ego thinking you are the savior of Pit with a ton of "secrets" and all your "potential" and how you can "influence" people etc and that little comment from ESAM saying you're the Salem of Pit means nothing because you will never be able to do what Salem did because he actually went to an offline tournament. The fact that you don't go to offline tournaments and only play wifi is a hindrance to your real talent because you feel as if that is all you can do. I can honestly say now that I don't want you around here anymore. As of now, I do want you to quit. As of now, I will be happy when you leave. Of course you don't have to leave as I am in no position to make you leave. Also, my opinion of you right now is not set in stone and can change if you have a change of heart, but right now it looks as if it's highly unlikely. If you leave, I will be happy when you are gone. Have fun with your Kid Icarus: Uprising. I won't want to play with you if I decide to get it though, because this attitude of yours is obviously related to something before Brawl and you will have to confront that sometime during your life. I know you must hate me, but I do not hate you. I feel sorry for you, AP.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Guys, chill. You guys are getting too heated in here. If you have beefs with somebody. Ignore them. You shouldn't be getting so mad at somebody on a forum anyway.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
MVD stop instigating.

Oh yeah, I have a question. What is wolf supposed to do against Pit scrooging? I lost a money match yesterday to a Pit that stalled like crazy with that, and never came near going over the ledge grab limit.

:059:
I LOVE YOU

but you can prolly just have the lead and play safe and never go offstage or punch your opponent

:228:
Well I was being patient and wasn't chasing him off-stage or anything, but he had the mindset to time me out (he beat Illmatic in game 2 in a tourny set yesterday by doing the same thing too) so I'm wondering if there's any options Wolf has against that. If not, then I'll go to different stages instead, and use Sheik on stages where he can do that scrooging.

go yoshis bess stage
Hmmm.......what stage? I have a few ideas but most of it involves risky ****.
First match was on Battlefield, 2nd was on Smashville.

This match that starts at 4:45 was the one where he did the same thing to Illmatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUA4W9m1p40

So you can kinda see what he did to me too.

That's that Marhaba guy, he's a good troll imo.

Did he just keep doing that thing on 607 over and over to you or what?

Kryz should watch this video, lol...damn, top 5 pit.

Was there a no stalling thing or what?
I say yoshi's or Halberd
why is the top 5 thread not open seriously, that's like the best thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, dropping down and blastering is your only option, that guy was playing the spacing so well at times I was impressed. You gotta get lucky against someone who plays that (GAY)
It was unity ruleset. And no, he was going back and forth under the stage mainly, and occasionally in the air too.

Edit: I actually forgot Yoshi's existed somehow. Dang, I shoulda picked that instead of SV. I actually picked SV to test lasering under the stage, but I was so out of practice that I kept failing that... yeah.

If he's in the air you can do something about it so long as there is ground under you, maybe even try and bait him into coming down to punish you with a failed side-b attempt.

If he's below the stage, blaster and shine is about as good as you are gonna get.

I guess I can see the value of some of the "stupid" neutrals.
KRD get on AIM We shall talk

:228: !
Well, looks like I'll know which stages to strike and which stages to go to now. Surprisingly I was actually very calm and patient during those matches. In fact I actually thought it was funny cause my whole reason for wanting to use ICs again was that I used to do very well with them, and that if people hate playing against them, it means I'm doing something right. So after that set I told him I hated his playstyle and that it meant he was doing something right. I just wish Wolf had something like that that he could exploit lol.

I hate playing pit with ICs it bores me and when I actually catch pit its like the last 3 seconds
:228:
Looooooool maharba making impacts.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I know what I'm talking about, it's PIT, I know that matchup inside and out.

Why did Marahba get banned, I have mad respect for that guy now. And by respect, I mean I absolutely want to punch him for playing like that. :p

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
"Crazy arrow control. Makes the B move look like its raining Zues bolts" ~ FOW

Apparently I'm Zeus now. (this is after some good number of games on wifi)

Maharba got banned for being silly and trolling someone I guess, and then trolling the mod that infracted him.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
"Crazy arrow control. Makes the B move look like its raining Zues bolts" ~ FOW

Apparently I'm Zeus now. (this is after some good number of games on wifi)

Maharba got banned for being silly and trolling someone I guess, and then trolling the mod that infracted him.
You'd be proud. I used arrow looping in doubles like a god :D

Now to make even more use of it in singles...

P.S. i'm the best stock tank there ever was.

Krystedez.

If there's a livestream at your tourney this weekend.

Post it.

Get on it.

Win.

:bee::glare:

/unevergetvidsupy?:salt:

Maharba got banned cuz he pm'd the mod who infracted him black nuts black nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nutsblack nuts

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That was definitely insulting, and saying that made me lose any remaining respect I had for him. Like I said, we're breaking apart as a community, and I had foreseen this.

Top Bottom