• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Coffee™

I need it....
I'm bored...

Pit's Matchups

Meta Knight 35-65
Snake - 50:50
Wario - 45:55
Falco - 45:55
Diddy Kong - 60:40
King Dedede - 50:50
Marth - 40:60
Mr. Game & Watch - 50:50
Pikachu - 50:50
Olimar - 40:60
Ice Climbers - 55:45
R.O.B. - 50:50
Kirby - 55:45
Lucario - 55:45
Zero Suit Samus - 60:40
Toon Link - 50:50
Pit - 65:35 MK (Because this should never happen and someone should be playing MK here)
Donkey Kong - 63:37 (I like these numbers for this)
Peach - 60:40
Luigi - 60:40
Fox - 50:50
Wolf - 60:40
Sonic - 50:50
Sheik - 60:40
Bowser - 60:40
Zelda - 60:40
Squirtle - 50:50
Ivysaur - 65:35
Charizard - 60:40
Ike - 65:35
Lucas - 60:40
Mario - 60:40
Ness - 63:37 (<3)
Yoshi - 60:40
Samus - 65:35
Jigglypuff - 60:40
Captain Falcon - 60:40
Link - 65:35
Ganondorf - 70:30

Discuss?!

:dizzy:

Afropony

Smash Lord
I think G&W isn't 50-50 but I know you won't change your mind, I think seeing as though Luigi is 60-40 Mario should be 55-45 instead of 60-40 because.

Does anyone want to make me an Avatar or a Signature? I've been on the site for a year and still havn't got one. I don't have the skills to make my own so please don't tell me to make my own.

EDIT: looking at that thing again I think Falco is probably 45-55, IC's maybe 60-40.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice

I don't agree with that at all. I think Kirby is one of the hardest Matchups for Pit. 45-55 to 40-60, imo.
Lucario/ Pit should be even if not in Lucario's favour. And I agree with Afropony.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Half of those matchup ratios seem wrong, especially the G&W one, and whatever. You're underestimating most of the characters, like Peach, ZSS, and even Bowser

Jupz

Smash Master
Hey guys, I've recently picked up Pit as a secondary. Hopefully I'll be posting around here more often ^_^

I think pit has fairly good matchups. Is the MK matchup really that bad? I would have it as 40:60 because of arrows, but I'm not very experienced in the matchup :)

Coffee™

I need it....
EDIT: looking at that thing again I think Falco is probably 45-55, IC's maybe 60-40.
Falco is 45:55...I made a mistake lol. ICs is close might be 60:40, especially if you take CP stages into consideration.

I don't agree with that at all. I think Kirby is one of the hardest Matchups for Pit. 45-55 to 40-60, imo.
Pit beats Kirby. He just has really dumb KO power but aside from that all of his approaches just get punished.

Half of those matchup ratios seem wrong, especially the G&W one, and whatever. You're underestimating most of the characters, like Peach, ZSS, and even Bowser
Pits complain about GW so much and it's really not necessary. At worse its like 45:55. As for ZSS and Bowser I play against one of the top 3 Bowsers and top 3 ZSS in the country, I'm not underestimating anything about either of them. As for Peach I've played a bunch of em. It's too easy to avoid her kill moves, she dies early + gets camped.

x'), if that matchup thing is true, pit should be number 2 on tier list.
Other characters have better matchups.

why is it in any board people who switch announce they what they think about matchups to the people who study it all the time
Huh?

:dizzy:

swordsaint

Smash Master
I had some good placings with Pit, then suddenly had a single bad weekend. My immaturity levels hit an all time low and convinced me higher tiers were the way to go. (Falco/Snake)

My Falco is starting to do bad now and my Pit is staying on par with all the top players I know still, and beating some of them, despite his lack of use.

Makes me wonder where my Pit could've been now if I hadn't stopped using him. :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Vids, R@vyn.... I want video proof to back up what you said. Until then, I'm not convinced on most of what you said.

Glad u came to Pit, swordsaint, we needs more potential angels! <3

Afropony

Smash Lord
SwordSaint, I played Splice again yesterday in tournament, I ended up two stocking him 2 times :).

Ravyn it'd be good if you could get some matches against a ZSS I've only ever played one once. the only way I won was by getting a lucky 0-death (40%) at the start of the first match.

Coffee™

I need it....
Ravyn it'd be good if you could get some matches against a ZSS I've only ever played one once. the only way I won was by getting a lucky 0-death (40%) at the start of the first match.
I'll try to record some vs Nick Riddle when I get the chance.

Esca

Smash Champion
Lol, why next year dude?

Swordsaint, the Pit boards are slow because, well, all of the top Pit players are lazy.

swordsaint

Smash Master
We need better players using Pit. We have a few good players using Pit, but no great players. And because of that we aren't seeing Pit's true potential.

I truly believe he can make A-tier eventually.

However since I'm using Pit again you can expect top 3's from me. :p

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Dear Pit Boards:

What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training grounds are for newer players, and good players alike.

The point of the training grounds?

Anyone looking to learn a character can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about the character. Whether you main the character and are looking to get better, or you want to pick up a new character, this is the place for you.

The Training Grounds, also called the Smash School, is looking to improve the Boards. We have teachers to pass on knowledge to those who want to learn, and it is becoming fairly successful. However, not every character is largely or even to a fair degree represented here, and that's where you come in. If you feel that you have the time, the experience, and the effort to help out, please visit the Smash School right now.

This really can make a big difference, especially to new members. But in order for it to become big, you have to help. If you're not quite teacher-material, go ahead and check it out anyway. You might improve your main, or even find fun with learning somebody new! Its a place for everyone!

Naturally, if you have questions or perhaps an idea, you can post in the thread. Or you can PM one of the "commitee."

Committee Members

Straked, the plumber.
S.O.L.I.D., the prince.
Cherry64, the woman.
GwJumpman, the robot.
If you think you'd be interested in being a teacher, PM your application to S.O.L.I.D.
We need better players using Pit. We have a few good players using Pit, but no great players. And because of that we aren't seeing Pit's true potential.

I truly believe he can make A-tier eventually.

However since I'm using Pit again you can expect top 3's from me. :p
Getting some new, competent Pits would help then, wouldn't it? ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, I have thought about helping Pit players out a lot, but back then, I really loved helping many of them out. However, because of life, and experiences on another Website *CoughAIBCough* I am losing my courage to help others anymore.
I have tried to help for over a year, and now I just feel that I had enough. It takes guts to put up with those who aren't willing to make Pit better, those who rather just socialize instead of learning matchups. It really takes guts to put up with the "Casual" Pit players.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm not casual. I'm here to stab and win.

Let's finish this matchup ****. It annoyed me seeing all these incomplete matchups when I wanted to learn them for a national tourney next month.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
It takes guts to put up with those who aren't willing to make Pit better, those who rather just socialize instead of learning matchups. It really takes guts to put up with the "Casual" Pit players.
lol, why wouldn't anyone want to make pit better?

thats blasphemy.

I'm not casual. I'm here to stab and win.

Let's finish this matchup ****. It annoyed me seeing all these incomplete matchups when I wanted to learn them for a national tourney next month.
seriously, that got me mad too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
lol, why wouldn't anyone want to make pit better?

thats blasphemy.

seriously, that got me mad too.

Casual players who rather just socialize than talk about matchups, which I have experienced a lot of those kinds of ppl.

I understand that too. I can't be the only one getting discussions going. I wish I had support too.

And welcome back Valuno <3 AIM plz!

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
oh wow.
I only have an SWF account, so I wouldn't know.

I really wish I could help out, I don't have a lot of MU experience with pit.
I try to input all the info I research about though, It's the best I can do right now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's why it takes time to learn, as long as we are willing to learn, not goof around, and all. That's the difference. It's either u r willing to learn or you don't.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
It would help if the pit boards were more active though.

Personally, I love to talk. But that doesn't mean I won't take the time to learn.
If we had more people posting, I would be on here all day, learning about MUs and such.

Being social helps me eliminate the boredome of having to sit here and read about MK, which by the way, we don't have a MU discussion on.
Also, MK boards don't even discuss pit. I don't think they can, the majority of our best pits don't post.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought I made a new one, yet not many are helping, or I'm dry on topics.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not that big on stages, and there was one a long time ago, probably dead now.

Zephil

Smash Ace
You know, I have thought about helping Pit players out a lot, but back then, I really loved helping many of them out. However, because of life, and experiences on another Website *CoughAIBCough* I am losing my courage to help others anymore.
I have tried to help for over a year, and now I just feel that I had enough. It takes guts to put up with those who aren't willing to make Pit better, those who rather just socialize instead of learning matchups. It really takes guts to put up with the "Casual" Pit players.
is better not to mention Pit in AIB... most ppl there just see Pit mains as little boys that like to use Marth´s gay lover...

btw I think we should really discuss more matchups... the first time I entered here I saw that this board lack a lot in matchup discussion and that is the best way so that "casual" pits start taking him more seriously... also I would love to know more about some matchups cause I have an important tourney in like a month and the price is big and I have high hopes that I can win it

Top Bottom