• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's y others should avoid combo vids, unless they want entertainment, like fake wrestling known at the WWE, no offense to those who like it, though I myself kinda to watch it when im bored, but still.

We are waiting too long and are focused on bad stuff. The time for Pit's advancement is now!

Metatitan

Smash Master
If posting on a social thread is stalking then SWF stalks itself all over.

If you want advancement get more tourny representation. Nothing really advances a characters metagame like tournaments.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Representation is certainly what we need. I've been going to MI tournaments for the past 4-5 months now, never placing any lower than 25th. To all those Pits who are trying to get better, tourney experience goes a long way in the advancement of your character. I personally have been learning a lot by playing MI's top contenders.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If posting on a social thread is stalking then SWF stalks itself all over.

If you want advancement get more tourny representation. Nothing really advances a characters metagame like tournaments.
Whatever, shut up

I really lost patience for the bunch of u now.

kown

Smash Lord
so..in CS (college station) at A&M (university that i go to) i have been playing brawl maybe like once a week against a sheik player named light (i think hes third in the country). My pit has become faster and smarter....ill see how i do at the next tournament.

oh and heres advice... if u wanna get good at brawl than take breaks inbetween palying otherwise u start making mistakes and keep the bad habits.... imo

Esca

Smash Champion
Kown, i dunno if he's 3rd in the country.

He's good, but idk..

Pit just needs smart players.

Get smarrt.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All Pits need are the following:
Basics,
Experience,
Knowledge,
Adaption.

However, if I was able to put "Intelligence" in my blog, which has those first 4 things up already, idk what to write on it. Intelligence would follow a bit under Adaption (avoiding spam and adapting to stages), and Knowledge.

Now, I need a list of remaining Pits, who are also on that accursed AIB, or just a list of Pits so we can reform, and collaborate. We need to advance.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
How do most people get there videos online, 'cause I'm sitting on almost 200 replays with no means of putting them up?
foreal! I've been wanting to put up vids so I can get some critiques.

so I just came back from my first tourney with pit~
I lost both, but i managed to get them down to last stock high %
I fear sheik now... too fastt...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
it okay AP :) Samus' metagame froze bout a year ago :p Pit still had **** coming up. Arrows to provide hit stun could be an advancement, it coudl create combo's if perfected, like an arrow shot forward intended to hit the opponent, then another one looped around behind him while you fire another arrow
you'll land when the looped arrow is about to hit the OP thus giving you a chance to dash and do A) dash attack B) Aerial Attack. if you want to cut out the middle man jump and fire an arrow then land and fire another one then charge the opponent, wing dash back if need be, but stay in control

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I now BAN the talk of arrow looping junk til I see some real production, Admiral's Orders!

Next upcoming matchup: Bowser!
Coming soon...

Esca

Smash Champion
WE DONT NEED TO TALK ABOUT BOWSER.

WE NEED: METAKNIGHT/SNAKE/D3/DIDDY/KIRBY/FALCO/IC'S/MARTH.

These are all matchups that seem probable in tournament play. TOURNAMENT play. NOT online play.

Esca

Smash Champion
Double post for serious though.

If you want to learn how to win with Pit read this:

Pretend to be aggressive. Throw out random attacks at mid-ranged spacing, so they can't hit you, but you seem too dangerous to get close to. Do alot of cancelled moves spaced far away so they get intimidated. SHnair alot from far away. DO NOT APPROACH.

Wait for your opponent. They'll have to come to you. You have arrows that you can control. Hit them first and get away. But don't immediately run up and attack, they'll most likely shield. Just get first damage, then get far away, and arrow. Wait for them to attack you, then throw them away/punish accordingly.

Learn how to kill. You can either:

A) Put them in bad stage position, in which case they have to recover, and you can gimp them. This means staying away from them, then throwing them backwards, ruining their second jump with arrows, aerials, etc... and gimping them. Sounds harder to do, which normally is than killing with a Smash, but it's far more beneficial. You get an early kill, and it makes the opponent subconciously give up.

B) Smash them. Sounds nooby, I know, but hear me out. If you follow steps earlier in my post, you've been playing super aggressive, but in a fake way, correct? Good! Now wait for them to use a spacing move. If they're dtilting you, and you dsmash them, they will die 20-30% earlier than normal, because of DI. You have to put yourself in your opponents position.

Another tip: Know your characters spacing PERFECTLY. You really shouldn't be watching your character at all. You should be watching your opponent at all times. At ALL times. This is self-explanatory, for obvious reasons.

Summary: WIN.

This post has been brought to you by extreme boredom, and procrastination of writing an essay for school.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Underestimating a character, Esca, is a regret. The day one of you get Bowser'd is the day I say "Told u so!"

In the meantime, u should look up Pika too, considering him rising, and Wario, due to matchup disadvantages.

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm not underestimating Bowser. But are you gonna tell me that at national tournaments there's gonna be more than 1 top level player that plays Bowser? No there isn't because there's only 1.

Pika is easy, and not a threat to Pit. And look at my big post up there on how to beat Wario.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tell that to me when playing Anther -_-ll

idc if we have to go through EVERY char, which we should be doing, but we will going through 1 char at a time, and when I say Bowser, then I SAY BOWSER!

Esca

Smash Champion
I'll play Anther next month and tell you, in person. Not online though. LOL

You play online, you wouldn't understand. You don't understand why people need to learn different matchups.

It's not because their Pit fanboys who are scared to go to tournaments. It's because they need help in certain matchups. I.E matchups that they actually encounter.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Tell that to me when playing Anther -_-ll!
I agree with this totally as I have to play him every tourney. He's not like the other pikas, trust me from experience. But I agree with you Admiral on two things:

1. Don't underestimate low tier characters. In fact, this Saturday I faced a Bowser and was completely surprised by how smart he was. These are things we cannot overlook.

2. We need to count our ranks. How many people are still maining Pit? I am one of two Pits in MI. The other one being some guy who lurks AIB instead of here. I'll get his name to you as soon as I can remember.

Coffee™

I need it....
Tell that to me when playing Anther -_-ll

idc if we have to go through EVERY char, which we should be doing, but we will going through 1 char at a time, and when I say Bowser, then I SAY BOWSER!
Bowser:

Don't use Glide Attack.

SH retreating Fair and FH dair are your main approaches

Nair is not good unless his shield is already diminished

Big target for bair, so kill with that. Use fsmash to dmg

Shoot arrows

Fair offstage

MS recovery

Bowser has no good cps vs Pit imo so just take him somewhere stupid like RC or Delfino for a cp if you lose.

Bowser summary basically done.

@ Esca. Pika isn't a pushover.

Esca

Smash Champion
You guys don't understand I guess.

I never said Pika was a pushover/Pika is bad/etc.

I said he's easy for Pit.

I live next to Kprime, and I've seen Anther play. neutral b doesn't work against Pit.

And that's seriously all you have to do against Bowser.

Top Bottom