• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I just think it's the lack of representation, cause I mean, he is B tier, but still underused.
True. I'm trying to train myself to use pit right.
i.e. no arrow loops, or other silly ATs.. he doesnt need those to win.
i.e. know what to do in each MU, like admiral mentioned

Some facts stand (low KO power, outranged by many, etc) but that doesnt mean he is a total horrible character.
I just think nobody wants to take the time to improve him, so they come up with the stupid excuse that he sucks.
Saying he sucks doesnt solve anything.

If one truly thinks he sucks, get out? (idk why ppl stay pit mains if they say such things..)
I've seen good pits play(and no I don't mean only masashi), so don't tell me he sucks.
All of the pits that 'suck' just don't have a hang of pit, and maybe pit isn't for them. It's a possibility.
You just have to know how to play him. That fact stands for all characters.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Also, he doesn't lack that much KO power. I checked the base knockback and knockback growth of each kill move and it really isn't that bad. Mostly the problem is his damage racking moves are also his kill moves so they get stale fast. He's still not an amazing killer, but definitely not bad.

Esca

Smash Champion
throwing out retreating attacks as pit isn't what i would reccomend. It forms habits, which makes predictability, than leads to punishments. But some characters cant handle it so by all means abuse retreating attacks.
THISHTHISHThisTHISTHISTHISA THSISTHISTHISTHIS

Just adapt guys.

I know exactly how to play Pit. I know him back and forth.

Usually when people say he sucks it's supposed to be a joke dude. You have to look through internet sarcasm. DUR HUR HUR

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Usually when people say he sucks it's supposed to be a joke dude. You have to look through internet sarcasm. DUR HUR HUR
hard to believe that. ppl dont joke when they think a character sucks.

..and theres a reason that the tier list was made, but not for sarcasm >.<

Also, he doesn't lack that much KO power. I checked the base knockback and knockback growth of each kill move and it really isn't that bad. Mostly the problem is his damage racking moves are also his kill moves so they get stale fast. He's still not an amazing killer, but definitely not bad.
Yeaaahhhh.. I'm still trying to figure it out.

kown

Smash Lord
True. I'm trying to train myself to use pit right.
i.e. no arrow loops, or other silly ATs.. he doesnt need those to win.
i.e. know what to do in each MU, like admiral mentioned

Some facts stand (low KO power, outranged by many, etc) but that doesnt mean he is a total horrible character.
bair is pits best kill move and one of pits best moves in general.

I just think nobody wants to take the time to improve him, so they come up with the stupid excuse that he sucks.
Saying he sucks doesnt solve anything.
Everyone has taken the time to improve with pit.... Most of the people on here have been with pit for the entirety of brawl.

Brawl isnt a game u get better at by playing more. Actually, i think people get worst playing everyday than say once a week.

If one truly thinks he sucks, get out? (idk why ppl stay pit mains if they say such things..)
I've seen good pits play(and no I don't mean only masashi), so don't tell me he sucks.
All of the pits that 'suck' just don't have a hang of pit, and maybe pit isn't for them. It's a possibility.
You just have to know how to play him. That fact stands for all characters.
So if i say CF sucks does that mean i cant main him...you main someone based on if hes fun to play or not. otherwise everyone would be maining metaknight. (which will eventually happen!!). haha jkjk

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has taken the time to improve with pit.... Most of the people on here have been with pit for the entirety of brawl.

Brawl isnt a game u get better at by playing more. Actually, i think people get worst playing everyday than say once a week.
by "improve," how much did they actually improve?
and maybe they were playing pit, but not using him right,
so their "improved standards" could range anywhere from looping an arrow correctly to landing a perfectly spaced fair.

So if i say CF sucks does that mean i cant main him...you main someone based on if hes fun to play or not. otherwise everyone would be maining metaknight. (which will eventually happen!!). haha jkjk
Well, what I meant was tourney-wise.
You just don't pick a character you think sucks, and play him in a tourney. Waste of money.

Personally I love pit because I have fun playing with him,
But I also don't think he sucks, so I will continue to play him in tournies.

..naamean?

Esca

Smash Champion
321, personally, I think you have NO idea what you're talking about.

I use Pit in tourneys to prove a point. That even a crappy character can place well if used right.

Pit is exposed too easily, tbh.

You wouldn't understand right now, once you play more you'll get discouraged.

For the record, I've mained Pit since March 9, 2008.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I know how it is. I've played Pit since Brawl came out (Yes, March 9th) as well. I think he is a good character and can place. But **** was I discouraged after my first tourney. Though I still don't think he is as bad as most say, it's more about skill than anything. I mean, I played Anther in my first and only tourney, I had to 3 stock a lot of noobs to feel better. Though, I really didn't get stomped by any means.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
321, personally, I think you have NO idea what you're talking about.

I use Pit in tourneys to prove a point. That even a crappy character can place well if used right.

Pit is exposed too easily, tbh.

You wouldn't understand right now, once you play more you'll get discouraged.

For the record, I've mained Pit since March 9, 2008.
I can never express my opinion without having someone answer rudely. We can't all just be friends?

it feels just great to be techncially called stupid.
^I hope you understood that, cus i decided to use some "internet sarcasm. DUR HUR HUR"

You have more experience than me, I get it. No need to show it off.
All I ask for is for people hear me out and if I'm wrong, then let me down easy.
I like to call it respect. I give it to you, you give it to me.

and if pit is such a crappy character, why do you place well?
Because you know how to use him. My point is made. Pit has potential to place well.

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit is pretty good...and **** you guys have been playing long. I only started playing competitively near the end of December.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Why are we talking about whether or not Pits sucks? It's not gonna help anyone so how 'bout we stop.

About 6 months ago I made a thread with a tier list of Pit's moves, it'd be interesting how its changed. Anyone want to make there own tier list of Pit's moves?

Esca

Smash Champion
I can never express my opinion without having someone answer rudely. We can't all just be friends?

it feels just great to be techncially called stupid.
^I hope you understood that, cus i decided to use some "internet sarcasm. DUR HUR HUR"

You have more experience than me, I get it. No need to show it off.
All I ask for is for people hear me out and if I'm wrong, then let me down easy.
I like to call it respect. I give it to you, you give it to me.

and if pit is such a crappy character, why do you place well?
Because you know how to use him. My point is made. Pit has potential to place well.
No. I place well because I can adapt quickly and I'm a smart player.

I can use several several characters at the same level.

Toon Link/D3/Luigi/IC's/Lucario/ROB/Snake/Marth/Zela/ZSS/Wario, and obviously Pit and MK.

I feel at this point in the game I can place just as well with any of these characters. I just play who I feel like.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
I knew that i was going to main pit, even before the game came out too x)
Always liked angels. I play pit just because, and that's enough for meh o/

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
pit hasnt placed well in a long time... point not made.
yeahh, its been a couple of months..
idk, we still have players that have placed 9+ in several tournies.

No. I place well because I can adapt quickly and I'm a smart player.
And you did that with pit, as well as the other characters you mentioned.
Because you adapt quick and play smart, you win with pit...correct?

Well, that's what I'm trying to say.
Pit just needs smart players. It doesn't guarantee a win, but it heightens our chances.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
But this can happen to all of the other characters don't you think?
Surely ganondof can do much against some character such as IC's or Sheik or MK.
And pit does not have any imposible matchup.

17º @Tier list isn't fair for Pit IMO.
=/

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
jesus the only two boards visit sing the same old song, My char sucks but I use them to prove a point (/xyro).
and the samus' use her because they just enjoy playing as samus, or they know she sucks and love to see people's mouths gape open.

either way, why am I drawn to negative as **** boards? :(

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
jesus the only two boards visit sing the same old song, My char sucks but I use them to prove a point (/xyro).
and the samus' use her because they just enjoy playing as samus, or they know she sucks and love to see people's mouths gape open.

either way, why am I drawn to negative as **** boards? :(
Hey, some of us are of the opinion that Pit could be top tier, and we play as him because we both enjoy playing as him and because we want to prove he could be top tier.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
I just can't understand why does pit is top tier in japan, and in Brasil or America it isn't.
Shame on us?
I can see a lot of pits playing awsomely in videos, but i don't see them on championships.
Is there any videos of pits on Genesis?
Or in Pound 4? Thre'll be any pit players around?

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I just can't understand why does pit is top tier in japan, and in Brasil or America it isn't.
I'd sum it up to culture differences. American's tend to be more aggressive, meaning guys like MK are going to be very popular, but in Japan characters that can camp well are going to be popular.

Also, you have to keep in mind were the talent is focused. If all of the best players are focusing on MK, he's going to be the best character. The more people we have who possess solid gaming fundamentals (not Smash fundamentals, but gaming in general) that play Pit, the more good Pit players we'll have.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I personally don't believe Pit has S rank tools. I do think a lot of people underrate him though. I think we have more fatalism about our character than any other B rank, lol.

But not S rank. Arrows are great, but they're not in the same caliber as MK's everything, Snake's tilts, D3 and Falco's chaingrabs... we even get outcamped by Falco. With smart playing we can still win, though--we're not as hopeless as Ganon. Even characters with many problems can do well... just look at Reflex (bet he's tired of being brought up in every discussion ever, heh).

I do think Pit is one of the more underrepresented characters out there, and I'm doing what I can to change that, which is just get better myself.

I dunno, the way people talk about Pit you'd think he was D tier or something.

aish

Smash Journeyman
by "improve," how much did they actually improve?
and maybe they were playing pit, but not using him right,
so their "improved standards" could range anywhere from looping an arrow correctly to landing a perfectly spaced fair.

Well, what I meant was tourney-wise.
You just don't pick a character you think sucks, and play him in a tourney. Waste of money.

Personally I love pit because I have fun playing with him,
But I also don't think he sucks, so I will continue to play him in tournies.

..naamean?
I improved with pit 8D played him since day oneee111, I even have a timeline of videos, it's quite sad the beginning :3

I like going to tournies to play with everyone 8D, and it's something to do, better than staying at home~

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
It's the sex appeal.

edit: Oh yes, kids! I think I'll finally have some videos up soon!
oh yes.
Is there a way to get replays into video format to put online??
I read about some converter that does it, but I forgot the name..

I dunno, the way people talk about Pit you'd think he was D tier or something.
|||
>.<

I improved with pit 8D played him since day oneee111, I even have a timeline of videos, it's quite sad the beginning :3

I like going to tournies to play with everyone 8D, and it's something to do, better than staying at home~
I wanna see it xD
lol, friendlies ftw!

aish

Smash Journeyman
oh yes.
Is there a way to get replays into video format to put online??
I read about some converter that does it, but I forgot the name..

|||
>.<

I wanna see it xD
lol, friendlies ftw!
If you have some way to record your video like vcr or a video card it can be easily changed so you can upload it to youtube :3

This is me 9 months ago 8D which was when i started playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c7VQwFHLX0

The newest video I have of me was from a tournament in July xD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAaAQtsP_wI

^I know I spot dodged alot 8D i don't do that no mores OTL i basically just add to my timeline whenever i find a match i played showed a gap of improvement 83.

Random - I want to try to fry a banana peel and eat it 8D

aish

Smash Journeyman
Hi meta!, I think you should get a pot of oil and fry banana peels and crab shells and green soybean shells and tell me how they taste 8D -wants to try it so bad D8-

Top Bottom