• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Me and Krystedes have the same birthday :O I'm certain I'm the youngest here. Pit mains are... Gettin' old. :troll:

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
pitskeyblade, yes, I filed for Fafsa and my grandparents are helping me out as well. I also took a few loans out for this semester, probably about 6000 on my own that I dont have to pay back until college is done and it doesnt collect interest until then either.

I'll probably use the money I got from social security for the loans. My grandparents told me not to get any more loans so they can help me, so 2 more years of this !@#$ and I can walk out with less 3000 in debt for an education, woot.

I mean, if God allows me that of course XD I'm pretty much on tipsie toes here avoiding the edges. I have probly a 2.5 GPA, but it's Pur-freakin'-due. Ugh.

And WOW Zatch, XD I wouldn't have guessed

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Word, when I get to 2000 on my post marker it's gonna be some stupid *** picture going with it.

Edit: Damn all y'all Older then me June pits. Making me feel th youngest and stuff, it's cause I use Red pit huh...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
June 25th 1991

Aka: Micheal Jackson Death, Aka Chris Benoit Suicide, Aka that one charlies angel's Death, Aka start of the Korean War, Aka Worst day to ever exist

Nitrix

Smash Ace
March 28th, 1991. Any other Pits born in march?

I mean, if God allows me that of course XD I'm pretty much on tipsie toes here avoiding the edges. I have probly a 2.5 GPA, but it's Pur-freakin'-due. Ugh.

Keep pushing Krystedez! If you're schedule is like mine at all, then you have exams now too. Try hard :)

link2702

Smash Champion
sorry chompy, got ya beat, june 7, 1988

so ya....so far....still the oldest.

and also one of the worst at the game now :c

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
July 27 1989 which puts me at 21 and I drink all day

and I love busting out my ID to get drinks at restaurants and bars...but when I turn 22 i won't feel special anymore

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
29/2/92

My birthday, written as ddmmyy, is a palindrome.

I bet none of you can say that.

I win this discussion.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dam illinois seems more free than my region, all them newbies. lol good job getting ranked in your state and stuff. Even if it is a ghost town :troll:
Kain.

'Grats on getting ranked, Chompy :D

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Thank you guys very much for congratulating me. It's definitly not easy placing in the top 10 with Pit and Diddy, that's for sure. Hearing the feedback from everyone has inspired me to enter Pit into tournaments more and try even harder! The IL players out there are really good, especially Arty and Sago. Kain is without a doubt the best player in IL, so i'll do my best to beat these players with Pit. My biggest fear right now is Falco and Metaknight and if we can start up a topic thread on how to handle Falco, that would be cool!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Arty and Sago, plus Kain... I've only ever gotten the chance to play Kain once in a MM with Wario. Have you gotten a chance to play Kain before?

And Chompy are you goin to SiiS? :D:D:D

Also, btw guys, I'm hardly even tryin now. I can loop arrows near perfectly, it feels so natural... I can't wait to bring this to tournament. You aint gunna believe it. I think MvC3 helped me out XD

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@chompy

Falco 45:55

This MU is pretty even but the bird’s got slight advantage on us. Let me start off with how you should start off.

Camp until you are at NO LESS!!! than 36% or else you’re looking at a guaranteed 50% with follow ups that can lead to our demise or at least massive damage. Now if falco does grab you DI back and up and spam jump because if he tries to boost pivot you will footstool him and escape.

Even if you don’t hit him with arrows because of the reflector that’s fine because at 36% we can catch up with Fthrow x3 into dash attack into utilt for over 40% damage. This also sets up juggling potential which allows us to possibly gimp him if we get him offstage.

After up close combat begins due our inability to out camp him there are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Nothing we have beats falco’s jab up close. It has ungodly priority and he can jab cancel it into all sorts of follow ups. Fortunately our jab our ranges his and our infinite part is the only thing that stops is normal jab. The best moves for dealing with his jab are (in order) dtilt, jab into infinite, any properly spaced aerial, arrow, WOI.
2. Even after 36% try your hardest not to get grabbed because falco can dthrow>bdacus no matter what and that is a kill combo at 120%. At mid-mid high percents he can dthrow>jab into laser lock if you don’t tech it correctly.
3. now here are the things you should do once you inside falco’s range and not dealing with the above 2 parts:
• The majority of your damage should come from jab>infinite, grabs, and dtilt. Jab infinite is what you should use if you just got inside, you are punishing a spot dodge, if his jab whiffed you barely, or you are reading a phantasm.
• Grabs are to be used as punishment for anything you can punish with it. Don’t waste your fsmash and don’t use arrows if he is within grab range (duh). Try and set up for a gimp if possible when you grab him.
• Dtilt is used to outrange any move he uses on the ground and clank with anything it does manage to hit. This is your best option because dtilt never fails to lead into a situation that is good for you and bad for them.

Ledge Game
Let me get this out of the way right now. If you need to go under a stage to recover keep an eye on falco in case he tries to shoot you out of up b. That being said here we go.

This match up becomes easier for Pit if he is edge guarding. Falco is susceptible to being gimped by our arrows and our AR more than many other characters. His terrible up b is easy to edge hog and AR handles phantasm. Dtilt them if they are on the edge either to hit them off or if you can spike ‘em (<highly unlikely against falco but don’t forget when it is an option).

If we are being ledge guarded he is going use his angled ftilt, shine, laser, bair, and fsmash.
• Ftilt can be angled to hit us while we are hanging. It can kill at high percents and does good damage. Is also very long and kinda disjointed.
• If we try to jump onstage we will get shined. However we can mirror shine turn him around if we are spaced right. Otherwise find another way up.
• Laser can eat jumps and hit us out of glide and up b. Sometimes falling back and then getting up with AR or mirror out works to reflect them back.
• Bair is a pseudo WOP and can stage spike us.
• Fsmash is strong, disjointed as hell, and can hit us while we are hanging there. If he does this just fall back and regrab or use it as your chance to go to the other side of the stage.

Killing
Kills won’t be coming until higher percents (approximately 120ish %) for both of you (unless you go and get spiked early on) so keep in mind to save fsmash or dsmash and not to miss a chance to bair him near the edge. Also gimping as mentioned before is a great strategy as well.

Falco will use bair, fsmash, and usmash to get there kills. His bdacus out of laser (and sometimes dthrow) is true so don’t let him get you in that position. His fsmash is disjointed and overpowered (especially behind him). His bair will also kill you when fresh and has a lasting hit box.

ANGEL RING
In this MU this move gets its own section for use. This move will serve you very well in this match up if you use it correctly. Use it wrong though and you’re eating fat damage so pay attention to this part. I will go over its main purposes in order.

What properties make this move use- this move has unique properties which allows it to be a great punishing tool. Here I will list all of its purposes in this MU. If you need help learning any ATs just post down in reply section.
• Because this move is a reflector we can use it to aid in our approach. If you can do ART then all the better because then you can also jump to avoid laser spam and continue forward with your reflector out.
• Holding this just over the lip of the stage against a recovering hits him if he is hanging there and stops or clanks with phantasm.

had to find my old summary. still true tho

edit:
where teh hell is teh sex? imeanmink

Top Bottom