• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Actually, they're pretty tough on people who make multiple accounts. There's this one Toronto smasher who went through 5-10+ accounts before just giving up, lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
Anyone care for a 1v1 match?
part of me wants to say yes...

the other part of me is remembering what happened a few weeks ago against lucky4lyph where his pika and pit both just slaughtered my pit effortlessly, and quickly reminded me of just how far behind i am in the metagame after having been out for over 2 years..:c

:c he wasn't even tryign....at all.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait... is Spam Abel? If so, he got banned for ban dodging, and really shouldn't make another account. Because they WILL ban you forever.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I'm currently taking 2 college classes. One on Monday, and the other on Thursday. I also go to work with my dad twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays in the morning. On my spare time, I practice on Wi-Fi with Pit and go under training mode to learn all of Pit's advance techniques. Also, on my free days, I workout at the health club 3 times a week for an hour and a half. On the weekends, I go to the Brawl tournaments once or twice a month. There aren't very many brawl tournaments in my area sadly. As far as my social life goes, I don't have one at the moment.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thx for the advice chompy :)

however, i have 2 jobs, will be going to school in the summer, and need to know if playing on wi-fi can help your mental brawl game as any1 can practice ATs in training (although i do it in normal mode with infinite timer so that stale moves, are taken into account for what i practice).

also, i work out in the mornings yet also currently do not have a social life

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
See, all of you Pits are so very young and strong, maintaining responsibility either in a life practically drafted to you or just under a guardian's roof. Or possibly both.

If I wanted to drop everything to go to a tournament OoS or something, I could; as long as I got a ride D: I don't have a car or a driver's license yet... I'm just some random college student, turning 21 this year. My Dad only cares where I go if it's somewhere like !@#$ing Texas... (or Coloumbia, apparently XD)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I don't go to tournaments, if I went to anything it would be at my uni but people only play melee here.

School takes over my life pretty much. However maybe that will change this summer :)

Krystedez, you don't have a drivers liscense yet? Wow that must really suck!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I have 4 - 5 college courses a semester, i'm a full time student. I work all week around my courses, and then request off Saturdays. If i'm going OOT for a tourney, i'll request the sunday too.

Simple as that :D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't feel bad PTZR, i turn 20 in june

thx for all the answers, now if you hadn't noticed im trying to keep these boards active and posting a lot until i have to go to work in a couple hours. help me keep these threads active!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Im just now turning 18 next thursday :D

@Maha my friend sensei had a full time job and he simply requested weekends off. It worked for him. And he worked out like yall as well.

Also @ Maha: I use wifi for two things

1) matchup experience. Learning what could work most of the time and interesting mixups.
2) Adapting to players and learning HOW to read habits better. Even if you mess up the execution or something goes wrong cuz of wifi. If you noticed a habit, read it and MEANT to punish it. Your one step closer to being a great player. The better you get at these 2 things adapting and *learning* an opponents style and habits asap then the better you will be as a player.

link2702

Smash Champion
jeez....i'm probably the oldest one here now then....

23....well....23 in june anyway..

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wow, lots of June Pits! I turn 21 on the 8th of June actually ^^

And @Nitrix, I dont have one because I don't have an income to potentially pay for insurance, let alone have a car. XD I just stay at college and I take the train home occasionally to visit my Dad. But yea it does suck, I wish I could get all of these things.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You know Mahar, that might be a good idea... I'd have to talk to my dad about it. Win 2 tourneys a month, bring in 80+ dollars from locals alone (2nd or 1st), pay for monthly insurance (100-200 dollars?), get car (needs to paid off somehow... maybe Dad will help me get one one day)...

Eh... This plan is looking less and less feasible in the forseeable future. I'd like to just get school done without owing a bunch of money first D:

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
You know Mahar, that might be a good idea... I'd have to talk to my dad about it. Win 2 tourneys a month, bring in 80+ dollars from locals alone (2nd or 1st), pay for monthly insurance (100-200 dollars?), get car (needs to paid off somehow... maybe Dad will help me get one one day)...

Eh... This plan is looking less and less feasible in the forseeable future. I'd like to just get school done without owing a bunch of money first D:
Have you applied for financial aid? FAFSA doesn't require you to pay the money back as long as you go to class.

Top Bottom