• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
This is true.

But now I'm here, trying to breathe some life into these forsaken lands.

Btw, Bowser can lagless ledgedrop fair onto the stage.

B!squick

Smash Master
Really? O.o Man I'm bad, lol. I can never get that thing to AC from a ledge drop. Sometimes I try it and nothing happens though I do hear the noise he makes when performing a FAir... mind games? XD

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Its like.. really weird to do.. Asin, the timing has to be perfect and everything lol.

Also, check the BRoom, Jay. I'ma post something importawnt in there in a sec.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol. There won't be a lot of people going, and less will be going, so how about we do it more efficently and only those people who are going post, instead of those who aren't? =P

Also, sorry, Vex, I'd love to meet/play you, but overseas is a slight stretch for me still.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Haha, I wish.

If Hawaii ever considers a massive trip to represent, then I'll be sure to come.

B!squick

Smash Master
The Bowser Boards circle the globe it seems.

Now to ask my question again.

We all may or may not be aware that jumping and IMMEDIATELY performing a Bowser Bomb will cause you to land on a platform above you such as the side ones on Battlefield despite being mostly below it. Is this useful at all?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Can Bowser's Up+b interupt Snake's AAA after getting hit by the first and/or second hit?
It seemed like it can, when I played a couple matches with a friend.

(I don't visit these boards that much)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser's UpB has invincibility on frame 1-...5 I think. So yes, if you are able to UpB, all of Snakes move will be interrupted or clank with the Fortress.

Flayl

Smash Hero
To me it seems like your friend is pressing A too slowly, you should be in hitstun after the first part of the jab. Have him just hold A and try to fortress after the first hit.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you can powershield the third hit of Snake's jab (just like ZSS' and Squirtle's). If you can powershield it, you can probably fortress it :s

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, I still WANT to do it but I have no idea how far along the project is since someone else is taking care of, well everything. >.>

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Is it necessary to use grab-releases to be competitive with Bowser?
Not at all. Bowser can do great with out his CG and GR. Think of it like sprinkles on top. He does really well with out them but with them they make him better.

Again, there not a HUGE part of our game like ICs. Though if you learned to use it in certain matchups (wario, falco and metaknight) they can come in fairly handy but there not necessary.

-:bowser:Bowser King

MrEh

Smash Hero
Grab releases aren't the most important thing, but they're useful in some matchups.

(Sheik, MK, Falco lol)

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
Grab releases aren't the most important thing, but they're useful in some matchups.

(Sheik, MK, Falco lol)
I once dropped someone off the side doing a grab release, but it was dumb luck. Never been able to replicate that.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think I heard somewhere that the end of Bowser's Dair spikes (or meteors, whatever). Is this true?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's a semi spike, but nevertheless this is not a reason to use Dair offstage, because it's risky and the KB is weak.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah. It's the very last hitbox. Like, as he's coming out of his shell. If you're opponent is recoverying low for whatever reason and you're on the ledge, ledge jumping and immediately DAiring is good tactic. It'll ledge cancel if you DI it back.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I've got a very good question! At least, i think its good. I know u can mess with bowsers color schemes and whatnot but i would like to change the hue of bowsers firebreath. Think it would be pretty epic roasting a pikachu or mk in blue hellflames!!! Can it be done?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
The smash workshop would be the best place to ask considering thats where all the texture hack info is.

EDIT: cme to think of it i dont think we're supposed to even discuss it here because MLG does not endorse hacking wii's but its fine to post it in the smash workshop as tha isn't a part of SWF so MLG doesn't have to deal with legal issues. <3 loopholes.

B!squick

Smash Master
The smash workshop would be the best place to ask considering thats where all the texture hack info is.

EDIT: cme to think of it i dont think we're supposed to even discuss it here because MLG does not endorse hacking wii's but its fine to post it in the smash workshop as tha isn't a part of SWF so MLG doesn't have to deal with legal issues. <3 loopholes.
... How is it not part of SWF?

NNID
Budget_Player
Here's my question. Am I doing something wrong with UBOOS? Basically, whenever I use it, I hit the opponent with the first hit, deal 4 damage, and get weak knockback. Not impressive. In fact, I've only ever been able to hit with more than one hit from the fortress when I use it in the air. What's the right procedure?

Oh yeah, and how can I get my friend to quit *****ing about me koopaciding his ***?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Here's my question. Am I doing something wrong with UBOOS? Basically, whenever I use it, I hit the opponent with the first hit, deal 4 damage, and get weak knockback. Not impressive. In fact, I've only ever been able to hit with more than one hit from the fortress when I use it in the air. What's the right procedure?
Fortress has invincibility frames on frames 1-5. Just use it quicker if you were aiming to use those.

Oh yeah, and how can I get my friend to quit *****ing about me koopaciding his ***?
"No johns".

Flayl

Smash Hero
Don't use aerial fortress as an attack. Fortress OOS should remain on the ground when done correctly, it does, what, 10'ish damage? Definitely more than 4.

To use an UpB OOS correctly, you should be pressing jump and B at the same time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think it's like 11-14%.

Definitely more then four, and there are also a lot of options you can have with it like retreating, against certain/most aerials, to get out of tight situations etc.

-:bowser:Bowser King

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh, and use tap jump at your own risk. I don't know why, but on my friend's Wii, I was constantly jumping before I'd UpB OoS. x_x

Also, major props bowser king for the Moria avatar. XD

Shhheeee, shee shee.

Top Bottom