• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Also, I've seen other character specific boards doing this, so why not us? What are everyone's thoughts on a Bowser Board Community "Combo" Vid? Or complilation, whatever you want to call it.
I'm all for it, if anybody has any replays or anything that they cant record, you can ask me and send them to me to record if anybody wants to actually do this.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Sweet. I'll try get something worth being recorded, lol.

And while you're here, any word on that Grab Release update?
I've been super LAZY about that, Im thinking of giving the thread to another bowser player thats much more active like mreh if they'll make a new thread and test the info out and etc... when I originally did the testing I had much more free time on my hands, but idk anymore, I can probably still test some stuff out still when I get free time, but yah...

B!squick

Smash Master
I have nothing BUT free time. Unfortunately, my room mate despises Brawl and I have no friends, so I can't test anything reliably.

It's easier to do kill percents though. Sliq requested something like that for reference. I just go in training, turn down the speed and DI as best as I can, switching controlers after the hit.

Of course, to do serveral moves for, what is it, 39 characters? on even one stage is very very boring. :/

MrEh

Smash Hero
I would still have to agree with JayDeth: that was really freaking ballsy. Yeah, sure, you could have chosen another character, Zelda or something, but you stuck with the big green wrecking machine, which is always the better option because he's BOWSER. In all seriousness, I think people need to stick with their guns more with Bowser--ride out the tough matches and figure out a way to deal with them.
I support trucking out tough matchups like Snake and Marth, but Dedede is just dumb.

Then again, I've never played against a tournament level Ice Climber player with Bowser. That might make me rethink that.
Ice Climbers are freaking stupid to fight with Bowser.

That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. ^^

Also, I've seen other character specific boards doing this, so why not us? What are everyone's thoughts on a Bowser Board Community "Combo" Vid? Or complilation, whatever you want to call it.
There's not much of a community is there? XD

I've been super LAZY about that, Im thinking of giving the thread to another bowser player thats much more active like mreh if they'll make a new thread and test the info out and etc... when I originally did the testing I had much more free time on my hands, but idk anymore, I can probably still test some stuff out still when I get free time, but yah...
I guess I could do it. What still needs to be tested?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ice Climbers are hard but not too bad.
Just gotta not get grabbed IMO.
Like in every other match-up.lol
Which is really hard for bowser, epically considering it's the IC (they'll force an approach and then go for the grabs with little for you to be able to do).

It's certainly not unwinnable but it's almost as bad as D3.

-:bowser:Bowser King

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'll take your guys word with it, I have nowhere the experience any of you have.
The few IC's I've played were certainly annoying, very difficult and CG, but didn't have perfect spacing so that was prolly why it didn't seem as bad. Also I have no experience against an CG D3, so maybe that's how hard the match-up should be?

I'll be going to a tourney this weekend, if I can somehow have my Wii run the replay hack without reseting
1 out of every 15 matches, I'll capture replays.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha. Now posting in the right thread. :p

I can do editting, too, but I need actual movie-files (my SD card is broken as I found out right now and I can't afford to buy me a new one right now) sent/uploaded/whatever.

If Vex wants to do it - and considering April is here soon anyway - I'll definitely let him go ahead. =)

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah... There's that infinite replays hack that, like, everyone uses. I have it in with the Brawl+ codes, I'm sure, so if I ever get a chance I'll see about finding it.

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, since you'll be the one putting it together, Vex, do you want to make the thread explaining what you need and whatnot?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I have a bunch of replays on my Wii but they are pretty much all wifi clips. I can send them if you want. I mean, just because it's wifi doesn't mean the clips aren't entertaining :p

(just don't tell anyone that it's wifi and everything will be ok :D)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Well, I dont really know where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here. I want money matches with any Bowsers going to Genesis against my Ganon. 5$.

RI'18

Smash Rookie
How does Klawhopping work, and does anyone have any tips on when/how I should use it? I've read JayDeth's part on it in his guide to techs and strats, but I'm not sure when I should be using it.

B!squick

Smash Master
How does Klawhopping work, and does anyone have any tips on when/how I should use it? I've read JayDeth's part on it in his guide to techs and strats, but I'm not sure when I should be using it.
It's makes your jumps lagless and Klaw has a landing lag of only 3 frames when you don't jump. It's great to use as an approach or to mind game your opponents. It's good for getting around Diddy's Bananas (as long as he doesn't use his Peanut Gun too... >.>) and slow or low to the ground projectiles.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Halp! I needs to know how to deal with upB (whirling fortress). Shielding doesn't always work unless you PS, it's deceptively good as a recovery in preventing gimpability (unless possibly footstool as far as I've heard), and on the ground, it just ***** my grab attempts.

B!squick

Smash Master
The only defense against UpB is to out prioritize it (with, say, Kirby's DownB... his Dair works good too, but those are the only ones I've had knock me out of it), SPACE YOUR ATTACKS (it wont hit you if you're not close enough, so make sure your Luc's FSmashes and what not are spaced well), and punishing the ending lag (which probably wont happen if the Bowser player is smart and uses the last 3/4s or so of the sliding effect to retreat and not get punished). Other than that, there isn't much you can do against it. It's one of Bowser's few strengths. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I also hate bowser ftilt, outranges marth's fair for crying out loud!
Yeah, sometimes I use luca dtilt since it clanks with the starting animation of whirling fortress then jab/grab, but it is so rediculously good. Plus I hate the idea of having a safe kill on me with grab release->dtilt, although luckily I've been getting grabbed very rarely as of late. SideB is also a problem, he really knows how to bait my shield out to get it, my only real response is while charging AS to roll away ooASC animation then retaliate, but man, bowser is crazy if you're not D3 (even if you are, the bowser in my area does very well even for the D3 matchup).

Also, is it true that bowser's jab goes out on frame 6?
looked it up

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why, yes. Bowser never was bad, and a good Bowser can wreck people if they don't know how to deal with him. Never was really much of a secret. XD

B!squick

Smash Master
*tries to get use to the random color changes*

Yeah, FTilt is pretty good. Generally doesn't kill, but it can. Klaw (SideB) is nuts though. 3 frames of landing lag. Never spot dodge it. o.o Lucario has a better range, better aerials, and a better projectile, so as long as you avoid platform stages, make Bowser, and space well, it should generally be in your favor.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
About that video, if anybody has any good bowser clips or anything, whether it be replays or you have the actual match on your computer, tell me about it and I'll get it somehow so I can get started on this video.

Top Bottom