• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yep, it's noted in our very own frame data thread. Pretty much the reason Bowser will never be low tier.

B!squick

Smash Master
I lol'ed at Jay's edit.
Thank you MrEh AND NO THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO LOOKED AT IT AND DIDN'T COMMENT!

Any ideas for a new name for my thread to go with the picture? Or perhaps other things to add? It seems kinda bland to me.

JOE!

Smash Hero
A bit off the topic of the moment, but as a learning bowser, I have a few questions:

How good are Dthrow and Uthrow for setups? ive noticed I can get a uthrow->BoozerBomb for a surprise kill on most members of the cast, and that Dthrow->Firebreath can net a cool 30ish% if done right (with jabbing of course). Are these tactics really reliable?

Grab release: Ive heard one could manage an Fsmash out of grab release, is this true? I havent managed to pull it off on any characters so far...

And finally: Is it known that Fortress done to an opponent on the edge (only tested on FD for the moment) will meteor smash them?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Bowser questions are never offtopic here

First of all, take into consideration that you really should only be throwing DK. Every other character is better of grab released. Personally, I never use down throw. It does the most damage out of Bowser's throws, but I almost always prefer to either throw forwards or backwards if I'm near a ledge, or otherwise throwing upwards because it puts DK in a bad position. I haven't tried either of the tactics you mentioned, but upthrow -> Bowser Bomb doesn't look very reliable. No idea about dthrow -> Firebreath

You can do a grab release fsmash on Wario if he releases into the air. I'm pretty sure that's the only guaranteed way to do it, but you can always try a fsmash on an opponent from a ground release if you suspect he or she will try to spotdodge ;)

I'm pretty sure Fortress can stagespike on any stage that has a lip, provided you hit with the initial hitbox and your opponent has run out of invincibility frames. That means it's possible on FD, Castle Siege (first form's ledges for sure, not sure about the third form's), Pokemon Stadium 1, possibly Pokemon Stadium 2 (does it have lips like PS1's edges?), probably the left edge on the boat in Rainbow Cruise, maybe Lylat Cruise? Honestly, I don't find it very useful at all, despite how badass it looks when performed. Just remember that it's a stage spike, not a meteor smash. That means it can't be meteor cancelled, but it can be wallteched.

Hope I helped

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think Uthrow-> bomb works just because its just unheard of for Bowser to actually use Uthrow...let alone follow it :p

I figured more people used Dthrow->fire due to the opponent essentially having to hit the ground/tech/whatever while in great range for some cookin'

*shrug* Thanks for the info :bee:

Jupz

Smash Master
I think the infinite double jump is claw hopping. Its when you use side b before you land and any time during the animation you can cancel it with another jump just before you land ;)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
And it makes you have to jump around alot and since Bowser didn't bring his Koopa Clown Copter...
nah you don't have to jump that much actually, and the stage can force people to be above bowser putting them in a disadvantage and ur fighting snake and falco not mk so bowser being put above them isnt super horrible either if you can still space.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I claim copyrights to the term "Boozer-port"

anywho, I have no idea what happened there....but if it can be replicated? :D

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I claim copyrights to the term "Boozer-port"

anywho, I have no idea what happened there....but if it can be replicated? :D
No fair, I wanted to name it ;.; That's actually a good name though, I like it.

I'm trying to replicate it now. I have a few ideas...

EDIT: I figured it out. It's a glitch, I'll post a video of it soon.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm thinking it's stage specific, he disappeared behind the cliff of the stage, I'll get around to testing it later.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I am having trouble against Link and TLink on Intense in Classic, how should I deal with them when they fling me into the air? I find myself constantly getting owned by the both of them (Doesn't help the fact I am often trying to face Crazy Hand.)

Dementophobic

Smash Rookie
1 question, how come the Bowser-Falco matchup is only 45-55? Can't Falco just chaingrab Bowser on stages like FD then spike Bowser down off stage to death?

Flayl

Smash Hero
You can recover from the spike, specially if you tech it right. We also have a 0-death chaingrab on Falco that works on any %

Aside from that I disagree that its only 45-55 too. It's actually worse than that.

Dementophobic

Smash Rookie
You can recover from the spike, specially if you tech it right. We also have a 0-death chaingrab on Falco that works on any %

Aside from that I disagree that its only 45-55 too. It's actually worse than that.
Doesn't the chaingrab only work if it's an air release? Couldn't he just ground break and move away (not that hard, considering Falco normally does a ground break I think)?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I am having trouble against Link and TLink on Intense in Classic, how should I deal with them when they fling me into the air? I find myself constantly getting owned by the both of them (Doesn't help the fact I am often trying to face Crazy Hand.)
10charsYES!

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I need some help
what is the play style of a bowser on a professional level in terms of the transition between BT's to AT's?

Example
Pit professional play style
:pit:
Basic Technique
70%-90%
Advance Technique
30%-10%

B!squick

Smash Master
I need some help
what is the play style of a bowser on a professional level in terms of the transition between BT's to AT's?

Example
Pit professional play style
:pit:
Basic Technique
70%-90%
Advance Technique
30%-10%
I really don't follow you at all... :/

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I really don't follow you at all... :/
how often a well experience bowser make the transition between Advance technique and Basic technique or to make more comprehensive, how often a well experience bowser uses AT

Top Bottom