• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Bowsers grab release to regrab. Do i have to dash to grab in order to get the grab again or slightly hold forward for the re grab.

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting they come in a rainbow of colors. I was thinking of a reptile thing that was multicolored all the time. :(

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Though I remember someone saying fair was better if used while fastfalling (?).

Not sure whether it was unconfirmed or confirmed.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Flayl

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter what aerial you use as long as you fastfall it. Since DAir reduces the size of Bowser's hurtbox, it's better. Of course there's always the problem that it takes forever to finish, but unless your opponent is MK or G&W he won't be able to do anything about it.

NatP

Smash Ace
I have a question that has always been bothering me about boozer. How the heck do you grab the ledge with his upb. I've seen it in videos and I keep trying to emulate it but he always goes right through the ledge.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Quick question: Do most of you bowsers find it easier to assign special to the c stick (instead of smash, to do things like upb OoS, and klawhopping)?

If so or if not, then why?

Flayl

Smash Hero
No, I like c-stick set to smash to do retreating FAirs/FSmashes and Dashing Up Smashes.

I set L to jump. To UpB OoS I tilt the control stick up while shielding and then press L and B at the same time.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
No, I like c-stick set to smash to do retreating FAirs/FSmashes and Dashing Up Smashes.

I set L to jump. To UpB OoS I tilt the control stick up while shielding and then press L and B at the same time.
I have R on jump and do upb and R at the same time. :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Vex don't you have tap jump off anyway <_< You jump cancel your UpB right?

Oh, also, there's another collabo Gauntlet September 5th, which is right before I go to school. I'm probably going to that.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice

So if I use fortress OoS, I should be jumping with it? Most of the vids I see people do it on the ground.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So if I use fortress OoS, I should be jumping with it? Most of the vids I see people do it on the ground.
Pressing jump and UpB at the same time will make Bowser perform fortress on the ground. The reason you're jumping is to bypass shield lag. Jumping out of a shield has no lag, but simply dropping it takes 7 frames, which would make a lot of attacks unpunishable.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
OH WOW...LMFAO I didn't even notice that >_<

Thanks Spadefox!! xD

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Pressing jump and UpB at the same time will make Bowser perform fortress on the ground. The reason you're jumping is to bypass shield lag. Jumping out of a shield has no lag, but simply dropping it takes 7 frames, which would make a lot of attacks unpunishable.
Okay, thanks for that^

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
This isn't as much of a question but a suggestion.

We have a lot of stickies. The critique topic hasn't been posted in months and that makes it useless if no ones using it.

I was thinking that the video topic could do the same job but if you wanted critique you could ask for it. The critique topic is doing nothing and if no ones posted in months I don't think it needs to stay.

Plus, the video thread already is doing the critique threads job. A lot of people just go there for critique anyway =/

Opinions?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I agree that the Bowser Video and Critique should be fused.

Additionally, in my opinion, the general Bowser Guide is pretty outdated already and should be updated. Furthermore, I think there should be a fusion of it, JayDeth's Power-Guide and perhaps the Framedata and Grab Releases.

The Directory thread is collecting dust already, as well. If we don't fuse Framedata and Grab Releases with a new guide, a directory thread should be enough to have them highlighted so they can be unstickied.

I'd be willing to help out creating a new compendium thread (see the Fox Boards' Directory and Matchup Index, both led by me, to get a picture of what my stuff looks like), and assist in creating a guide.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
General Discussion should be stickied. All boards have there general discussion stickied so I don't see why we don't.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you guys want, we can make a thread about reorganizing these boards, have a list of what we should do and assign people to take care of these things.
We then can contact the mods to sticky/unsticky/close threads or change leadership if someone of you wants to take over one project (namely the Directory thread, which I would be willing to take over).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't know, wouldn't it be better for the general discussion? The thread would die pretty fast and we don't need a huge amount of change.

Jonas

Smash Champion
To me it doesn't really matter how a character does online. If you don't have acces to irl matches (local tournaments or smash friends), I'm afraid taking the game seriously just isn't worth it :/

Top Bottom