• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

JOE!

Smash Hero
What can Bowser Bomb go through?

I know a few off the top of my head, like snake's usmash, non-disjointed uairs (well, most of them), etc

But is there a list somewhere?

also, does the "slap" of grounded bomb go through much?

B!squick

Smash Master
The projectile? yes it does...
You must have been lucky or something because my Bombing shinanegans are always stopped by Snake's USmash. I know a really well spaced UAir from Lucario works. As does anything Meta Knight has to offer, lol.

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure this is known for a while, but did you know you can edge hop and B-Reversal a Fire breath? I searched for this and couldn't find it, and I've never seen anybody use it in game. It could be a useful edgeguard mindgame.

EDIT: Does anybody know?
Yes, you can wavebounce Bowser's NeutralB and yes can do it from a ledge hop, but sadly, I was the only one who thought it was cool...

EDIT2: Observe. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223555

Shaky

Smash Ace
Do any of you know any strategies for a Bowser + Ness team? (I already know he can heal me)

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
funny you should say that my teams partner is a ness.Don't let bowser get piled the'll go for him because he's the bigger target.bowser is great at ground game and ness is great with air game try and keep the pressure on them that way.If you can try and get bowser to flamebreath and you bair or baseball bat the one he's locking (preferably a dI bair so flames dont hit you).just remember to give bowser some room to do his ground up-b's and over-b's and you'll be fine.Bowser isnt the greatest at teams but he can be good if played correctly(but that can be applied to anything lol).

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
2 Questions:

Bowser's Nair far may be useful ?

What can I do to play with High Level with Bowser ?

I'm not a PRO with Bowser, I play well with my Friends, but a few of them sucks. I'm not sure if I play well but I try to do my Best with him.

For those who play Brawl+, Bowser is really good in Brawl+ ?

Bowser is one of my Favorite Characters and will be probably one of my mains , he is so cool.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
1. Bowser's Nair sucks.

2. Practice.

3. He sucks.
Thanks MrEh =]

Oh man.. I can't believe that Bowser sucks in Brawl+... 10sadfaces =/

Anyway, When I finish my tourneys with Ganondorf I will give a great time to learn the Laws of Bowser's Attacks and his Metagame.

But, MrEh, what's the Best Situation to use Nair ? I know it's sucks but is fast.

MrEh, do you use Bowser frequently in Brawl+ ?

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser's NAir, like any other, is quick and good when someone happens to be so close to you don't think the FAir will hit. Other than the normal NAir use, it's good to SH it into platforms from below and it can even AC on the platforms. Other than that though, their's really no point to use it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Is their anyway I can get some feedback on my bowser besides uploading a video kind of like some wifi tips or something?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Wi-fi is ewwww. If you find someone on here who is knowledgeable and wiling to play wi-fi I'm sure they'd offer some advice otherwise just record matches. If you can't yourself save the replay and send it to someone who will upload it for you.

B!squick

Smash Master
Is their anyway I can get some feedback on my bowser besides uploading a video kind of like some wifi tips or something?
Bowser? Wifi? O.o If you want an alternative to uploading I guess I could play you or something...

I heard that when you are getting edgeguarded by firebreath. It is a dangerous idea to di towards bowser.

true false?
explain?
If it's a character that can get out by DIing into Bowser (ROB, Wario, whatever), or if you're Marth, then yes, DI into Bowser and punish accordingly.

If it's not (Falco, Fox, Wolf are the major ones here), then you're only escape is to DI away.

[I HAS A QUESTION?!]

I've noticed something odd about Bowser Bomb. I've seen it beat and get beaten by Snake's USmash...?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Honestly, how many of you use uthrow? It has 2 variables for its knockback, you can easily bait an airdodge to uair if they didn't DI it properly, and if they did FH firebreathe is ****...

Also snake's usmash beats it ONLY if you aren't on your downward flight. In which case we should SH uair or utilt <_<

SuSa

Grab release won't always KO at 60-80%..... from my experience with uthrow > uair....it's been the better option.

At low %'s? Yea, grab release is obviously better.

At higher %'s where ftilt/dtilt (if you are able) or air release > fair and stuff will KO, yeah that is better.

At mid %'s where you can get a mid % kill? It's ****. If they DI, firebreathe can help place him in those higher %'s.

SuSa

Believe it or not, no one thinks to do that... not even me. :| also a well spaced bair (ff if you need to) will hit through dairs.

If they jump, they ****ed themselves. Empty SH's and klawhopping are great for chasing in the air.

For the fire, their choice is to jump but if you notice they figured out how to escape, you have other options.

Also I feel so good when I grab release --> Boost grab a Bowser as Snake.

HOWS IT FEEL TO BE GRAB RELEASE ****ED? HUH? HUH?!!?!?!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Uthrow--->Uair won't kill any competent opponent as long as they have their second jump. Which is like, all the time.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Just Uthrow them on Battlefield. Positioning advantage.

Otherwise, it makes a nice taunt once in awhile. As far as setting your opponent up for punishment, Dthrow is usually better.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've never had dthrow setup for crap, unless my opponent sucked. :/
That's the point, none of Bowser's throws set up for anything besides edeguarding. Dthrow is the best damage-wise.

Dthrow a DK off the ledge and firebreath him for lots of damage. Same for Snake I think.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That's the point, none of Bowser's throws set up for anything besides edeguarding. Dthrow is the best damage-wise.

Dthrow a DK off the ledge and firebreath him for lots of damage. Same for Snake I think.

Hmm I need to try that.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Depends on whom you're fighting. Mix it up with short hop aerial dodges -> FTilt/jab/Fortress and klaw jumps

edit: there's also just getting close enough for firebreath to hit them.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I've never had dthrow setup for crap, unless my opponent sucked. :/
It's certainly better then Bowser's Uthrow of doom. :/

Dthrow puts your opponent nowhere, so approach with a shield. It does good damage on it's own, and Bowser in his shield is absolutely golden.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Depends on whom you're fighting. Mix it up with short hop aerial dodges -> FTilt/jab/Fortress and klaw jumps

edit: there's also just getting close enough for firebreath to hit them.
That makes sense although every time I try to klaw hop I get hit out of it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hai l have a question.

What would Boozer neutral stage he excel on ? Yoshi's? Or SV or Lylat? just in general ,then character specific let's say.. Mario..?

also mad inactivity on this board so i shouldnt expect a answer for quite a while lol

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Hai l have a question.

What would Boozer neutral stage he excel on ? Yoshi's? Or SV or Lylat? just in general ,then character specific let's say.. Mario..?

also mad inactivity on this board so i shouldnt expect a answer for quite a while lol
BF on most characters, FD for characters like MK and GnW

Top Bottom