• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
da da duh duh duh duh da a a da da daaaa

I'm bored.

Thus I will ask a question.

Why doesn't Bowser have falcon punch like he does in M&L:BIS?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Because SSBB came out like a year before M&L RPG3 came out? lol

B!squick

Smash Master
That's probably because they were so close they got hit by the hitbox of the throw itself and while it's entertaining to see how much knockback it has on an opponent that happens to be near at a high percent, it's not really useful as the teammate would just hit Bowser and that's that, lol.

Interesting though. :)

udov

Smash Cadet
Well it has happened quite a few times when I played doubles, and most of the time the opponent who wasn't grabbed was actually still hit by the pummel, so they couldn't really escape :p but yeah that's just "funny" to watch

Does Bowser's D-air really make a small meteor smash at the end of the spin?

Because I'm going to make Bowser my secondary character (I know, a Meta Knight mainer who has Bowser as his secondary, nice change, right?)

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
yeah It does, I record a match who I did it but its really hard to do and the spike isnt strong.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
it's a semi spike, like kirby's dair. a real meteor smash'd be like ganon's dair: filled with ****.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Vex! go play delta so i will know if u must face u in this low tier event or not

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Does Bowser's D-air really make a small meteor smash at the end of the spin?

Because I'm going to make Bowser my secondary character (I know, a Meta Knight mainer who has Bowser as his secondary, nice change, right?)
It has a very small meteor smash, basically, so small that they could jump out and footstool your before you can do anything ;)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
And it's, like, impossible to land with it unless you're very precise. I've done it... once.
Additionally, you need to be careful if you go off of the stage; if you do, you just might die.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
My Question, why does Bowser have so many nearly-equal matchups, but no matchups in his favour?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
My Question, why does Bowser have so many nearly-equal matchups, but no matchups in his favour?
Bowser gets ***** by a few characters, has a slight disadvantage vs most of the cast, and beats only a few characters, Jiggs, Ganon, for example.

All his matchups except IC's is winnable though.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex, how do you beat Olamer with Bowser?

:059:
I'll try to make a decent write up for it now actually, I honestly don't believe its a terrible matchup, probably 6:4 Olimar favor

WoK(Wall of Klaw) is key to victory here, it beats Upsmash, so he can't just upsmash or grab your approachs now. Olimar's would probably think that since your in the air WoK'ing that they can just do an aerial or upb you, this is false. Because if olimar gets off the ground you should instantly just air dodge down and either

1. Upb to do damage

2. Try to obtain a grab from this situation(I recommend this)

Upb is safer and will probably always work, however getting a grab on Olimar is extremely important. Once you grab Olimar you can chaingrab him to the ledge into either

1. Klaw

2. Jump release Fair(I recommend this)

After this he is off stage at the mercy of Bowser, predict when he whistles or airdodges and bair it, if you do this successfully, he'll probably lose his stock.

This same situation can occur if they do a grounded Upb because I believe you can react to the Upb's initial startup if your predicting it'll happen.

Well I think this was my first informative write up on a Bowser matchup on this boards ^_^. Take this description as you will, this is all theorycraft but I would think this works considering I have done this to .com, ranked 5th in PA and PA's best Olimar.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
That post was amazing o-o

I wanna write matchup summaries too! :/ Why does no one ever ask me anything :<

I know the answer to that question too >_>

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, despite what happened when we tried "discussing" Olimar, it's definitely in his favor. He's a small target with a wall of hitboxes at his disposal. :(

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Would you say Bowser an do good online or does he get ****ed over by lag?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Can't space correctly, can't powershield so you get ****ed over by projectile spam, can't time aerial klaw, can't chaingrab, can't time invincibility frames on recovery etc etc.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Spacing FAir horizontally is a ***** too. Not that there are many characters Bowser wants to do that against, but there it is.

I play a bunch of low tiers and even though Bowser is the one I have spent the most time on, they're all about equal for me online, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
What it comes down to is that lag hurts Bowser more than most other characters. The only ones that are hindered more are ones like Wolf and Ganondorf when caught off guard by lag spikes and thus death when off stage.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Wolf isn't really a beast on Wi-Fi to me. I mean, at this point in Smash, no one can really get annoyed by Wolf's Blaster or Smash Attack abuse. Besides, good Wolves don't really abuse the C-Stick, right?

Also, his recovery is lol, and when Wi-Fi is involved, it becomes more lolable.

<_<

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Ahhh but it's on Wifi
I'm more annoyed with Wolf's BAir than anything else he can dish out on Wi-Fi. Even if "Wifi sucks for Wolf", I can't shield those properly :/

Smash abuse? lolol. UpB. Besides, I really don't know any Wolves who can get by with Smash (oh God if I dare say this word) spam at this point, even on Wi-Fi.

Top Bottom