• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kong Kollege: Diddy Kong Tactical Discussion

GMaster171

Smash Ace
No Soft Serve, I haven't dropped Ness (nor will I for the foreseeable future), I just needed a strong, fun and unique character to learn off of. Ness is fun for me, but I have to admit hes not among the best out there. I need more playing experience to use my character knowledge effectively

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
So...is the whole "catch peanut AND AGT it before you land" thing known, because it's amazing. Kind of hard at first since if you SH it you have to have specific timing on the toss and can only AD up and towards the nut to be able to catch it. If you FH, you have to AD either forward, up forward or down forward, and the timing is much easier. Good for nanerless Diddy players.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If you do it properly you can have four-five nuts in play at once. Two/three up, one from your popgun, one AGT'd.

(I can't edit my posts for some reason, so sorry for the multiple posts.)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I can't move my laptop from this spot. If I could, I still do have my pinnaclebox thing. Someone's going to have to do so themselves if they really want visuals. I can only spill how to do it, or show it off later at xanadu. I'm still thinking of uses for it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I can't move my laptop from this spot. If I could, I still do have my pinnaclebox thing. Someone's going to have to do so themselves if they really want visuals. I can only spill how to do it, or show it off later at xanadu. I'm still thinking of uses for it.
No camera/cellphone to record the TV?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, having never played Project M (shamefully) ; what can I expect from Diddy's character in Project M compared to Brawl?

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Ok, having never played Project M (shamefully) ; what can I expect from Diddy's character in Project M compared to Brawl?
Honestly he will feel very familiar, however he is much more fluid and mobile. his attacks have had some tweaks in certain areas but the biggest difference is nanners imo. He doesn't have as big of a problem killing like he did in brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks bro. Yeah, I read about the bananas. No Z catching will take a while to adjust myself to for a while though.

But one thing, if he's the same as in Brawl, but faster and can kill better, why is there people saying Diddy sucks in P:M?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
VERY SHAMEFUL! I told you a year ago getting P:M for PAL isn't hard (You talk to PinkiePie on IRCs all the time who runs it on PAL). Also a lot of Brawl Players like Boss aren't utilizing the now possible to B-reverse banana pull; which is one of the bigger things I miss when I play Brawl Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, yes you did infact. Blame is all on me! Though, I have no working Brawl disk, so that complicates things.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
He isnt very popular and like most under explored characters, many people assume he his bad or has little options until proven otherwise. I believe that diddy has problems once he loses banana control as they are his main advantages in the neutral game. Characters that can use the nanner more effectively, such as marth(those glide tosses man) and shiek, who tech chase even better with them and already have a better neutral game than Diddy, can give him serious hell.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
http://youtu.be/GTN46wHxLoA

It should finish uploading in a bit.
Good, I have a playlist now for non-match stuff. Currently yours and one from AbstractLogic are the only ones I've found/seen besides mine: videos are key
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLovBMkMLex7xP-JgGCNJeai7iPd5hUKhe

Characters that can use the nanner more effectively, such as marth(those glide tosses man) and shiek, who tech chase even better with them and already have a better neutral game than Diddy, can give him serious hell.
Marth might be good against Diddy, and possibly good at solely defending off bananas by like swatting them. But Marth's glide toss as long as it is has like a super laggy throw animation just like his aerial throws and such, and besides his throws being laggy I don't feel he has any decent control at getting bananas and all that to say he uses them more effectively.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Thanks bro. Yeah, I read about the bananas. No Z catching will take a while to adjust myself to for a while though.

But one thing, if he's the same as in Brawl, but faster and can kill better, why is there people saying Diddy sucks in P:M?
1) since when, he can still Z catch, you just can't catch while attacking unless it's dash attack or other special moves

2) Because they dum and don't realize this character can't be bad until naners get nerfed

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is unpopular in this game for the same reason he is rare in brawl nowadays. He is a character that requires lots of work to be effective with and can get messed up relatively easily. I think his game can go toe to toe with most of the cast when used right however.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
I swear, people need to stop making assumptions about this game without giving it the full chance it deserves. Diddy probably feels more 2 dimensional because you haven't learned all the intricacies of the character. There is a lot to Diddy that people just overlook.

Melee players always complain about the changes to spacies and how the brawl engine feels "slugish" and Brawl players complain about hitlag, 2 dimensional characters, etc.

People need to just treat this game like its own game, judge it on its own merit and not compare it to the other games. You can make your judgments after you give it the same amount of a chance you gave melee or brawl. People still just treat it like its a mod. It has grown past that. It's its own game now.

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
As a brawl Diddy player, he felt very weird for about a month. Now when I go back to brawl Diddy I feel like he is so limited as far as movement options and attacking options. His traction and the dash attack were the weirdest things at first but it definitely grows on you if you wanna be a truly hyperactive screaming monkey.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The only thing that feels limiting when I go from play PM diddy to brawl diddy is being able to wave dash over bananas to pick them up, unfortunately I think that's one of the drawbacks to diddy in this game, since every character can wave dash over bananas to get them coupled with the facts that diddys dash attack is significantly worse in this game (not as safe to throw out) and that you can't pick up diddys bananas with rising fair from the ground anymore all of this just means diddy doesn't have as big of an edge over other chars with banana control as he did in brawl, at least in my opinion.

But half the ppl I play are melee players that don't know much about item control so I do decent anyway.

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there are some drawbacks in that department which is why I think they let Diddy have the only dash attack that can pick up items out of all of the cast. Bananas serve a weird role in this game. They feel more like a normal projectile and they seem to be used more or less to limit grounded options especially in tech situations. They aren't too much a kill setup seeing as people can tech trips. Agreed on the melee "why can't I dash dance over that??" factor

Top Bottom