• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Epic Yarn

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm not 100% on the art style, but I feel like it opens up the game to some awesome level design if they can play their cards right. The trailer seemed a bit cutesy at first, but once it got into actual gameplay it actually looks like a fun game. Only potential issue I see at this point are the copy abilities playing second banana to the yarn mechanics. Then again, I've never played a Kirby game. Ever.

finalark

SNORLAX
A kirby game that does something different while at the same time retaining familiar game play? Sign me up!

I hope this game doesn't get hit by the "OMG DIFFRANT SO IT SUX" bomb.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm not 100% on the art style, but I feel like it opens up the game to some awesome level design if they can play their cards right. The trailer seemed a bit cutesy at first, but once it got into actual gameplay it actually looks like a fun game. Only potential issue I see at this point are the copy abilities playing second banana to the yarn mechanics. Then again, I've never played a Kirby game. Ever.
From what I saw, I thought there would be a lot of copy abilities that would be in league with the yarn mechanics i.e. the UFO ability you see in the trailer

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm excited for this game. It's been awhile since we had a console Kirby game. Hoping the game doesn't end up too easy. Most Kirby games aren't that hard now. Also hoping for lots of copy abilities and being able to have a variety of attacks for each one like Super Star.

A nice addition would be co-op also. If it's not added, it won't be too much of a loss.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm excited for this game. It's been awhile since we had a console Kirby game. Hoping the game doesn't end up too easy. Most Kirby games aren't that hard now. Also hoping for lots of copy abilities and being able to have a variety of attacks for each one like Super Star.

A nice addition would be co-op also. If it's not added, it won't be too much of a loss.
They have a second character playing along with Kirby as a CPU, so your wish might come true.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, I noticed that too. He was also piloting Kirby when he turned into a mech. Really impressed by this, top of the list (under the 3ds) of my 'do want' list.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They have a second character playing along with Kirby as a CPU, so your wish might come true.
Yeah, I rewatched the video again and finally noticed it.
So that makes me satisfied with that. :)

I admit I was a little turned off by the style at first, but I'm liking it now.

D

Deleted member

Expect this to be a solid game. Really am looking forward to it.

Kirby games are usually easy, even the older ones. Show me a difficult Kirby gmae and maybe I'll believe you.
Minato said:
Yeah, co-op would be for the epic win!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kirby games are usually easy, even the older ones. Show me a difficult Kirby gmae and maybe I'll believe you.
True. Maybe not hard, but I liked the difficulty present in Adventure and Super Star.
I felt that Dream Land 3, 64, and Squeak Squad were way to easy.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm surprised people are posting they don't like the visuals. This game's art style is unbelievable. And I've been waiting for a console Kirby game since like, middle school. :laugh:

Really looking forward to this, Kirby 64 was way too good. Only thing I'm worried about is that it looks somewhat slow paced, but I don't think it'll be much of an issue.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm surprised people are posting they don't like the visuals. This game's art style is unbelievable. And I've been waiting for a console Kirby game since like, middle school. :laugh:

Really looking forward to this, Kirby 64 was way too good. Only thing I'm worried about is that it looks somewhat slow paced, but I don't think it'll be much of an issue.
The only reason I said I didn't like it was that I was expecting a bit more traditional art style. It's certainly non traditional, but they've found a way to make things work. I'm gonna guess this is going to work a lot like Paper Mario; the art style is unique and the levels and abilities will play off of this to a huge effect.

I'm psyched for the game. This will be my first Kirby game ever owning.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I was incredibly pissed at first when it turned out to be something completely different than what Nintendo showed years ago in just that one teaser trailer.

But who knows? Maybe it will be pretty good.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This game is really unique. This'll certainly be an interesting game to play when it comes out, it doesn't quite look like anything I've ever seen before.

That's Nintendo for you, revolutionizing the video game market.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm not a fan of the characters being outlines, but the environments looks nice and the gameplay looks like a nice twist to the usual Kirby gameplay. Now let's hope this game doesn't end up delayed for another 10 years. :laugh:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this game looks amazing. Definitely going to get this. It's so cute, and gameplay looks really smooth and the yarn seems like its going to be very interesting. Im also blown away with some of the unique things that can be done.

Nintendo never ceases to amaze me. Honestly. <3

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I've definitely added this to my 'sort of want' list. I really like it's appearance at very least.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It looks amazing and the gameplay looks incredible. See Nintendo, this is a good example of taking risks and trying something different. Apply this to Zelda and complaints about Nintendo would probably drop by half worldwide.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It looks amazing and the gameplay looks incredible. See Nintendo, this is a good example of taking risks and trying something different. Apply this to Zelda and complaints about Nintendo would probably drop by half worldwide.
Zelda fans complain when the art style changes, what makes you think that changing the gameplay is going to go over smoothly?

Is 2-players confirmed yet?
I'd like to see some mini games ala Kirby 64.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just love the title.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Who says yarn anymore, lol.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
No they wouldn't. People would still complain. There are tons of people complaining about the graphics in Zelda Wii looking too different from Twilight Princess. Nintendo can't win either way when it comes to their most vocal nerd fans.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This is going to be my first Kirby game ever, I'm definatly picking this up!
It looks very cute too. I love it.
Wait... you never had Kirby 64?

You've been missing out my friend. That's like the only game where you're allowed to mix up power-ups (unless I'm mistaken then correct me)!!! They had better bring that back for Kirby's Yarn

btw, I find it odd that they announced Epic Yarn right after Epic Mickey.

A correlation guys?

D

Deleted member

Might as well try given how many times Mario and Kirby have done it without a scratch.
Mario yes, Kirby, not always

Most of Kirby's 2D games were well received, with a few exception. The quality of the 3D games are considerably lower. Kirby Super Stars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System had an eighty-three on Game Rankings. In comparision, Kirby 64: The Crystal Sharts had a seventy-five on Metacritic. It got even worse with Kirby Air Ride, with the game only receiving a sixty-one on Metacritic.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mario yes, Kirby, not always

Most of Kirby's 2D games were well received, with a few exception. The quality of the 3D games are considerably lower. Kirby Super Stars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System had an eighty-three on Game Rankings. In comparision, Kirby 64: The Crystal Sharts had a seventy-five on Metacritic. It got even worse with Kirby Air Ride, with the game only receiving a sixty-one on Metacritic.
I didn't say it always worked, I said that it worked many times.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Kirby's Epic String? Sounds plain, in my opinion.

Kirby's Epic Rope sounds sexual.
No, that's the thing. They're being punny.
yarn (yärn)n.
A continuous strand of twisted threads of natural or synthetic material, such as wool or nylon, used in weaving or knitting.
2. Informal A long, often elaborate narrative of real or fictitious adventures; an entertaining tale.
Like, "gath round chirren and lemme spin ya a yarn".

XACE-K

Smash Master
No, that's the thing. They're being punny.
yarn (yärn)n.
1. A continuous strand of twisted threads of natural or synthetic material, such as wool or nylon, used in weaving or knitting.
2. Informal A long, often elaborate narrative of real or fictitious adventures; an entertaining tale.
Like, "gath round chirren and lemme spin ya a yarn".
Wow, that's ingenious on Nintendo's part if they're using both meanings. That would make me love the title just as much what I've seen from the game.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
The weirdest thing happenned today. My sister texted me asking me to get this game and the DKC so we can play together. We used to play these as kids. I can't even remember the last time she asked play games like this.

I love the art style in this game and the fact it is 2 player co op! imo it looks much nicer than the 3d slightly jaggy DKC.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The weirdest thing happenned today. My sister texted me asking me to get this game and the DKC so we can play together. We used to play these as kids. I can't even remember the last time she asked play games like this.

I love the art style in this game and the fact it is 2 player co op! imo it looks much nicer than the 3d slightly jaggy DKC.
How old is your sister?

If only I could get my dad back into this game

After Crystal Shards and Bomberman 64, he never played a video game with me again. They were like the only ones he liked I think

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
She's 21 lol. She's one year younger.

We're both at university, but I always bug her to play games with me in the holidays. She only plays Phoenix Wright/cooking games/music games these days so it's weird she asked me. I'm surprised she even read a news article about nintendo, let alone watched the videos.

Ha, my dad used to play videogames all the time with me when I was a kid. He loved bomberman too :bee:. He quit in the N64 era though because games became too hard for him. Other than Forsaken (I wish this game came back), Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, he hated 3d and the complicated controllers.

justaway12

Smash Master
Wait... you never had Kirby 64?

You've been missing out my friend. That's like the only game where you're allowed to mix up power-ups (unless I'm mistaken then correct me)!!! They had better bring that back for Kirby's Yarn

btw, I find it odd that they announced Epic Yarn right after Epic Mickey.

A correlation guys?

Unfortunatly, I lost a wire to the N64 or something and it wouldn't play, I only played SM64, Yoshi's story and like 2 others or something.

Hopefully this game is just as good!

Top Bottom