• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Super Mario World on Snes or whatever wasn't too short. I wasn't saying it's bad, I just like a little length. But I expected this and DKC Returns to be shortish.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ In my option Beadrix's and Mara's challenge levels is the hardest part of the game. It took me a while to do every challenge, especially
Beadrix challenge on Battle Ship Halberd
. >.<

NovaX

Smash Rookie
I was so excited when this finally came out we have been waiting for so long for a wii kirby game

The title of this game dose not lie it literally is "epic yarn" I also liked the music it is awesome :awesome: :D

pickle962

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's about time kirby made his Wii debut(SSBB doesn't count) Also, to anyone who has it. Is Epic Yarn worth the price, or is it another Canvas Curse?(I really didn't care much for Canvas Curse..Mainly because of how difficult the later worlds were)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yeah. It's about time kirby made his Wii debut(SSBB doesn't count) Also, to anyone who has it. Is Epic Yarn worth the price, or is it another Canvas Curse?(I really didn't care much for Canvas Curse..Mainly because of how difficult the later worlds were)
☯ Only similarity they have with each other is story, but gameplay, not at all. In my option Epic Yarn is much better than Canvas Curse, but more easier. =P

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I saw some people saying how long it was, and I was seeing different amounts of time. Is the game's length similar to Kirby's Adventure? If so, I would buy it with no hesitation! <3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Epic Yarn is longer than Adventure, but not as amazing as Adventure though. Kirby Adventure is arguably the best Kirby game of the series with Super Star being second.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Thank you for the answer! I'm surprised to hear it's longer, actually. I'm going to get this game as soon as possible. :3

Oh, and yes, Kirby's Adventure is amazing. I still play it to this day. <3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
For a 100%, how many hours are you all logging? >_> I know it's a sidescroller, but debating this over Donkey Kong. Meh, prolly get both.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Everyone's beating Epic Yarn faster than me, (16 hours). )=

☯ Is it because I stop to hear the soundtrack most of the time, or the race and bead challenge is too much for me?

NovaX

Smash Rookie
Man getting everything for a TRUE 100% was... sorta easy some things were tougher than others but tobad you don't get anything when you get everything for a 100% :( But such an AMAZING game though totaly worth every cent I spent for it 8D

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I finally got the game today. It has been a wonderful experience so far, and I love the music so much. ^_^

Blissard

Smash Lord
Yep, I spent about 14 hours on it. I'm surprised that they didn't put anti-piracy protection on it though, since it's a pretty popular series.

Edit: It would've been so cool if you were able to play as regular Kirby with regular background after getting 100% :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Yea, I do wish you could get a prize for 100% like most other Kirby games, but what can we do? XD

☯ Like all Kirby games, I'm replying Epic Yarn, currently my third run. =3

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Upon reaching 100%, I had spent about 20 hours. I was really taking my time with this game. ^_^
I loved every bit of it, too! I know some people criticize the
train transformation, but all I had to do was stand up and it would work perfectly. <3

I'm not done with the game yet, either. There are still high scores to get and there is much replay value in KEY. :040:

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
The game started kinda childish and easy, but has grown on me...mostly because Kirby's my favorite Nintendo character though I think.

All I can say is... Kirby is going to suck in SSB4 if he's made of yarn @.@

PD4FR

Smash Ace
All I can say is... Kirby is going to suck in SSB4 if he's made of yarn @.@

Look at the bright side: Kirby's grab range will be longer!
Oh, and the Kirby Tank could be something special. :kirby:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Im just gonna come right out and say it:

If you could die in Epic Yarn, i would have never beaten Meta Knight. Broken in every game.
☯ Meta Knight is pretty hard to keep your streak against, especially his third and final phase. >.<

☯ Just remember that Galacta Knight is even more broken, then Meta Knight might seem easier. XD

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Galacta Knight for SSB4?

I'm hardly into Epic Yarn at all but it seems way too incredibly easy... Unlike KIRBY SUPERSTAR (100% in Great Cave Offensive anyone?) I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Donkey Kong Country Returns, since those SNES games were hard as ****, especially to get 100%! PLEASE MAKE IT HARD NINTENDO, PLEASE!!

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Galacta Knight for SSB4?

I'm hardly into Epic Yarn at all but it seems way too incredibly easy... Unlike KIRBY SUPERSTAR (100% in Great Cave Offensive anyone?)
Done and done 26x over lol, but it's such a pain in the *** to get some of them, really makes the game that much more fun! Don't worry, the game does get a bit harder, though it still is easy overall.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
That's reassuring, although I'm sure they don't have anything like the "Coliseum" in Superstar...? Sounds like the 100% completiong doesn't do much in this game (compared to oh say...KIRBY AND THE CRYSTAL SHARDS!!).

In Great Cave Offensive I always wondered where Autumntime was lol. Springtime, Summertime, and Wintertime were all collectible, but no heart for Fall? =\

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
In Great Cave Offensive I always wondered where Autumntime was lol. Springtime, Summertime, and Wintertime were all collectible, but no heart for Fall? =\

☯ Umm... Autumn is Fall... or are you saying they should had put the name Fall instead of Autumn? XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Okay, so I'm late on the Kirby goodness, but I just got the game today (along with Donkey Kong Country Returns) and my favorite line of the game has to be: "This grass feels like. Pants."

Seriously. Nintendo just made my day. <33

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I just played KEY in Gamestop... it was boring as hell. I don't get where you are all saying it's that good :/

And there isn't even a health bar in this game which disappoints me

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Aren't you the one who created this thread? Anyway, I haven't played much of it because I'm too busy playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, but it's a cute twist to the Kirby series, which I enjoy. There's nothing wrong with doing something untraditional from time to time, and Kirby's Epic Yarn is an excellently executed twist. Props to Nintendo.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, I made it like 6 months before the game came out and I had no idea that it'd be this boring :dizzy:
You saw the gameplay videos, did you not? Just through the trailers, Kirby's Epic Yarn seemed to be a light-hearted, not-as-serious game. But hey I'm not complaining. To each his own, I guess.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, I still expected SOME difficulty level for the 50 bucks that's coming out of the people's pockets. And I saw some gameplay videos, but the actual thing seemed pretty boring when I played it

Lovely

Smash Lord
So I just played KEY in Gamestop... it was boring as hell. I don't get where you are all saying it's that good :/

And there isn't even a health bar in this game which disappoints me
♣ First and maybe last person to say Epic yarn is boring. You have no heart to be immune by Kirby's cuteness. ); ♥

♣ Getting all the Gold Medals and playing the five star mini games is the most challenging thing in Kirby's Epic Yarn. Co-Op is more challenging to keep a Gold Medal but more fun. ♥

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not saying that it's not cute, because it is

The game's just really boring :/
If something is cute, you really can't be bored by it.

Therefore, your statement is invalid. :p

And as Lovely said, it's pretty tough to collect 100% especially in Co-Op, so play that with a friend and try to clear everything 100%.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If it was the first world, i'll give that to ya, it was rather bland in the beginning before the first boss. Give the game a chance; once you get past the first world, it really does get good, cuteness aside.

:036:
I don't know. My opinion Epic Yarn from start to finish was fun and unique in every level. Just if your use to anything that would either challenge you or wreck you in the first level, you won't get that until after the first boss.

I'm guessing Fuelbi didn't like the difficult level of finding all the hidden items and gold medals or the fact you can't die in Epic Yarn, (though getting damage still messes you up). Then again, I'm just guessing from his past post. XD

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
When i played i couldnt stand the narrator's voice. Made me feel a little toooo young >_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm guessing Fuelbi didn't like the difficult level of finding all the hidden items and gold medals or the fact you can't die in Epic Yarn, (though getting damage still messes you up). Then again, I'm just guessing from his past post. XD
That seems too easy

And there should be more penalty for getting hit than losing a bunch of coins

I'll admit though "This ground feels like... pants" was a ****ing funny line of dialog

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ He just thinks heeeesss grownup! (J/k) I've yet to pick this up, getting a ps3 for xmas, so...really won't be getting this soon. :3 Still, I hope it is better than Other M

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've yet to pick this up, getting a ps3 for xmas, so...really won't be getting this soon. :3 Still, I hope it is better than Other M
That would depend on how good or bad you personally thought Other M was.

As I've said before - I like it. It's a cute, soft twist to the traditional Kirby games. That said, I'm still waiting for a never-happening Kirby Air Ride remake for anything. :c

Top Bottom