• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Mario has Paper Mario, why not Kirby having Kirby having an Epic Yarn? XD

Though I didn't see any inhale ability in that game, (sadly), I'm still excited for this game. Too long since we had a new Kirby game, and over 7 years since we had a Kirby console game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
A kirby game that does something different while at the same time retaining familiar game play? Sign me up!

I hope this game doesn't get hit by the "OMG DIFFRANT SO IT SUX" bomb.
Kirby: Canvas Curse. Best DS game ever, well one of them. Everyone hated it for being different. I've yet to beat it because it's decently hard, but god it is fun.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No, that's the thing. They're being punny.
yarn (yärn)n.
A continuous strand of twisted threads of natural or synthetic material, such as wool or nylon, used in weaving or knitting.
2. Informal A long, often elaborate narrative of real or fictitious adventures; an entertaining tale.
Like, "gath round chirren and lemme spin ya a yarn".
LOL. Wow. Nintendo getting off.
If Mario has Paper Mario, why not Kirby having Kirby having an Epic Yarn? XD
this.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Kirby: Canvas Curse. Best DS game ever, well one of them. Everyone hated it for being different. I've yet to beat it because it's decently hard, but god it is fun.
True, Canvas Curse was hard in its own right, but especially for a Kirby game. Still haven't collected every medallion, don't think I will either lol, some of them are really hard. Really good game though.

I wonder who the villain will be in Yarn, there was no mention of Dedede in the trailer. They might make a new game-specific one like Dark Mind/Dark Nebula.

Although come to think of it every Kirby game seems to have a different (true) villain anyway.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
She's 21 lol. She's one year younger.

We're both at university, but I always bug her to play games with me in the holidays. She only plays Phoenix Wright/cooking games/music games these days so it's weird she asked me. I'm surprised she even read a news article about nintendo, let alone watched the videos.

Ha, my dad used to play videogames all the time with me when I was a kid. He loved bomberman too :bee:. He quit in the N64 era though because games became too hard for him. Other than Forsaken (I wish this game came back), Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, he hated 3d and the complicated controllers.
lol man true dat.

The only other game I got him to play after the N64 era was Guitar Hero on beginner difficulty on the easiest song in the whole game and he failed at 3%

I didn't even know that was possible :laugh:

Blegh, cooking games. At least she likes Kirby which makes up for it. Man, I'm never gonna get the end of it from my parents when I say I want this game when it looks so... kiddy :laugh:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My only desire is this game is hard like Canvas Curse, and not really easy. That is all I want.

Oh, a yarn version of Meta Knight, please.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
No, that's the thing. They're being punny.
yarn (yärn)n.
A continuous strand of twisted threads of natural or synthetic material, such as wool or nylon, used in weaving or knitting.
2. Informal A long, often elaborate narrative of real or fictitious adventures; an entertaining tale.
Like, "gath round chirren and lemme spin ya a yarn".
Yup. Saw this as the original meaning, not the yarn.

Then, 5 seconds in, I saw Kirby. (Nintendo has done it, I thought)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Was a good play on words, at first I didn't get it until the trailer, but then the concept clicked with me as well. Was very good wording on their parts, makes Nintendo look upper classey.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It would also be a hard design. Since he has wings and stuff, making his whole body out of yarn.. it'd be so epic though. I'm sure King Dedede will be in it, but Meta Knight tends to just not be there in some games =/, and I really hope he is.

They should make him a boss fight, and make him as strong as he is in Brawl.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
It would also be a hard design. Since he has wings and stuff, making his whole body out of yarn.. it'd be so epic though. I'm sure King Dedede will be in it, but Meta Knight tends to just not be there in some games =/, and I really hope he is.

They should make him a boss fight, and make him as strong as he is in Brawl.
A flashback to Super Star would be the best: Metaknight throwing a yarn sword to Kirby and them fighting.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yes, it would be so epic. I just hope they include him in general, though.

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
I will definitely say that the game when I first saw it.. I went "AWWW! It looks so cute!" The Kirby series was an awesome line of games with that adorable bundle of kick *** fun. Kirby Epic Yarn just blown the cuteness aspect out of the water and the gameplay looked kinda awesome too! That's going to be one of the games on my holiday list to get.. Along with Just Dance 2. o 3o

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait to get this game. The feminine side of my masculine side tells me to get this >_>

EDIT:

hmmm... I should rename this kirby's epic thread. Giddit? Like how a thread is like a yarn and this is a thread? lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was REALLY hoping Kirby would return in a more traditional style

But their is one word I have for this game: EPIC

It looks great

It looks ridiculously kiddish (Even for a kirby game)

But the interacting with environments just looks great

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I wish that they were making the other Kirby game that abandoned, I guess beggars can't be choosers.

finalark

SNORLAX
When I first saw this my reaction was: Hey, Nintendo is doing something new! I should go buy it!

That and Kirby is super fun, although easy. And to everyone who is complaining that the game looks to kiddish, it's a Kirby game. Complaining that Kirby is too kiddish is like complaining that Gears of War is too gray. Besides, would you rather Kirby games were like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVVG4FCq7w

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Epic Yarn is said to come out on the 1st of October, is there any source of this being true?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't know, but I hope so. I'm actually really proud Nintendo took such a leap with Kirby. Not just is it on a console finally, but the game is yarn based, really? That concept is so original, and so different, it almost sold E3 to me on it's own.

I'm so finding a way to get this<3

And to those who say it's too gay, childish, etc.

Sack up.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm still laughing at the people on Gametrailers who are butthurt that it won best graphics at E3.

Coop mode look awesome.

Where's the life bar or how do you know how much lives you have?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Coop mode look awesome.

Where's the life bar or how do you know how much lives you have?
That is a good question, I've seen no one die in that game, but when you get hit, you lose beads. I guess we will see when the game come's out, or near coming out.

Top Bottom